Will dueling be implemented?

in PvP

Posted by: azera.2890

azera.2890

Hello there guys! I know that World of Warcraft has this dueling feature, but does that really prevent Anet from implementing it in GW2?

Will it be implemented? And what do you the rest of you think?

in PvP

Posted by: Faliwia.4739

Faliwia.4739

Yes it will, Anet stated it would be implemented after release sometime

in PvP

Posted by: Grimlock.7294

Grimlock.7294

If i remember it right they said in the AMA on Reddit that they might add it. Everyone wants this feature so I guess the chances arenĀ“t too bad

in PvP

Posted by: Butterybunz.1948

Butterybunz.1948

I sure hope so! =)

in PvP

Posted by: Phaxion.1798

Phaxion.1798

Ahh that would be awesome, especially in PvE. Really miss at least some PvP while leveling.

“Hope is the first step on the road to dissapointment”

in PvP

Posted by: Micky.3782

Micky.3782

I wish they do,I am a really fan of the combat system here and i really like 1v1s I’d wish they add this or at least matchs for 1v1s or duo,small group

in PvP

Posted by: Mojo.2691

Mojo.2691

I wanna see group dueling as well! Try your luck 2v1 or 2v3, one group challenging another group would be awesome fun.

in PvP

Posted by: blackavatar.5023

blackavatar.5023

I think that they will add duels when all classes are balanced.

in PvP

Posted by: station.6421

station.6421

I really hope so. I’m so tired of hot joining spvp matches while getting pissy messages “plz gtfo we’re trying to duel.” It seems to happen to me a lot.

in PvP

Posted by: Sadaxer.1023

Sadaxer.1023

I’ve heard they want to avoid the spamming of duel requests, so they haven’t put it in yet. Don’t remember when I heard this though, but I think they mentioned it sometime. Will definitely implement it later though I think.

Gandara [Eden]

in PvP

Posted by: PinkElephant.3109

PinkElephant.3109

I really hope they get some sort of duelling out! Wanna show my friend how bad he is! haha

in PvP

Posted by: Sentrix.5069

Sentrix.5069

I hope dueling will be implemented soon. For me it’s always been one of my favorite things to do, since I’m strictly a pvper. It gives me something extra to do and pass time, as well as have fun with my friends. The most important thing though, is that it let’s me practice/learn against other classes spells and abilities. If they are concerned about people spamming duels, they can just add an “Ignore duel requests” feature. Mojo’s idea of group dueling sounds awesome to me. If they added that in the future it would be really cool too.

in PvP

Posted by: Irishbrewed.6537

Irishbrewed.6537

I hope they don’t implement it, reason being people will make balance judgment calls based around dueling. We say we want it for fun but in practice it’s a competitive meta game that the games balance can never be based around. Pvp is very much team based in the game.

in PvP

Irishbrewed.6537

I really hope so. I’m so tired of hot joining spvp matches while getting pissy messages “plz gtfo we’re trying to duel.” It seems to happen to me a lot.

That’s really unfortunate and I recommend reporting those players. If there is an option for reporting such actions.

in PvP

Posted by: Solaris.9210

Solaris.9210

That’s really unfortunate and I recommend reporting those players. If there is an option for reporting such actions.

Why would you report those players…it’s not like you have to listen to them. They aren’t even exploiting anything. They simply joined any empty server together.

in PvP

Irishbrewed.6537

Why would you report those players…it’s not like you have to listen to them. They aren’t even exploiting anything. They simply joined any empty server together.

But it’s not “their” server.

in PvP

Posted by: Solaris.9210

Solaris.9210

So what? We all know it’s not their server. How does them trying to 1v1 stop you from doing anything?

in PvP

Irishbrewed.6537

So what? We all know it’s not their server. How does them trying to 1v1 stop you from doing anything?

I have no qualms about reporting someone telling me to “gtfo” anything. Lest I be reported because of my colorful and distasteful rebuttal.

To be fair, I see your point, but the guys telling ppl to move around so they can duel inside a match really need to “get a grip”. So I encourage if that happens to report them. Just my advise, not that it’s the end all be all, but why subject yourself to a “peeing” match with those who are doing it.

(edited by Irishbrewed.6537)

in PvP

Posted by: Sieg.8439

Sieg.8439

I like this idea, but duel spamming annoys the bejeezus out of me.

Solution 1: Allow players to check an ignore box or something for duels.

Solution 2: Give duel requests a cooldown. Sounds weird, but it could work. One duel request send-able per minute, or something.

Hoopa doopa.

in PvP

Posted by: q b.1098

q b.1098

I think you should not only be able to duel but also bet gold/gems/items/karma/glory/whatever currency on it. :3

Ninebi (9b) / Mesmer – http://twitch.tv/9bzz

in PvP

Posted by: Blood.2748

Blood.2748

Betting on a duel sounds good too, but extremely disappointed that dueling wasn’t there at the start

in PvP

Posted by: DeadStretch.5601

DeadStretch.5601

Yes. Please! I would love to duel my GuildMates (who are new to PC gaming) and showing them why their Razer Naga was a waste of money while I use simply a three button mouse and a plain ole keyboard.

in PvP

Posted by: Droite.5694

Droite.5694

I found a link on this forum, I can’t remember where but here it is.
http://www.reddit.com/r/gw2esports/comments/zasau/improving_spvp_and_esports_on_gw2/

Go check it out, alot of interesting updates coming!

Droite.5694
PvP-GW2.com

in PvP

Posted by: Menyus.4610

Menyus.4610

Hello there guys! I know that World of Warcraft has this dueling feature, but does that really prevent Anet from implementing it in GW2?

Will it be implemented? And what do you the rest of you think?

4 years and still nothing sorry dude