Will ele ever be viable without cele again?

in PvP

Posted by: Dr Patrik.3642

Dr Patrik.3642

Many, many months ago, dd zerker (marauder now) ele was viable in pvp, it was balanced, took skill to play well and not die, and man it was a lot of fun. Even s/f and d/f burst builds saw use back then. However, through constant nerfs (many of which were needed), HoT, and just other classes getting buffs, if your playing ele and not using cele your as good as dead or you will never be able to do enough damage to ever kill someone. I really hope anet will address this soon as it has made ele have the least build diversity in the game by far. I would like to hear your thoughts about this as constructive feedback is more than welcomed.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Amulets are just stat combos, they aren’t classes, they don’t all need to be viable. Celestial isn’t ‘OP’ it just synergizes well with how elementalist works, that’s not a bad thing.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Austin Tamu.1658

Austin Tamu.1658

I’ve been running clerics amulet, with the runes that have vitality, aura duration, and boon duration (exuberance maybe). Still kinda a bunker build but I feel like I have some pop against squishy targets and plenty of sustain for other bunkers to not do enough damage. Plus the 1200 healing does wonders for team fights

in PvP

Posted by: Exxcalibur.6203

Exxcalibur.6203

Yup on the cleric. Team heals for the win. Easy to top yourself up too, for the dia skin lovin.

I am amazed I have downed necros, revs and mesmers 1 v 1 tbh.

“Skritt, I’m hit!"

in PvP

Posted by: Austin Tamu.1658

Austin Tamu.1658

Do you go staff? I’m d/d and just wanted to know if it’s the same on either side

in PvP

Posted by: Exxcalibur.6203

Exxcalibur.6203

Dagger/horn for me.

“Skritt, I’m hit!"

in PvP

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

Amulets are just stat combos, they aren’t classes, they don’t all need to be viable. Celestial isn’t ‘OP’ it just synergizes well with how elementalist works, that’s not a bad thing.

The bad thing is that it’s the ONLY amulet elementalists can run. No other amulet works for them, not even marauder and certainly none of the condition ones.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in PvP

Crinn.7864

The bad thing is that it’s the ONLY amulet elementalists can run. No other amulet works for them, not even marauder and certainly none of the condition ones.

…and?

It’s a stat combo. That’s all amulets are. Elementalists just use one particular stat combo.

I don’t see the issue here.

YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

…and?

It’s a stat combo. That’s all amulets are. Elementalists just use one particular stat combo.

I don’t see the issue here.

Amulets are much more than just stat combos. Well, stats are more than just stats, really. Different stats through amulets offer different playstyles and therefore different team roles.

No matter what class you’re on, if you use marauder or zerker amulet you’re gonna be more of a bursty hit-and-run player (well besides revenants really).

No matter what class you’re on if you use a condition amulet, you’re gonna be a condition build which usually means outlasting opponents.

No matter what class you’re on if you use a bunker amulet like sentinels or soldier you’re gonna be a bunker in pvp, trying to hold points and tanking damage.

No matter what class you’re on if you use celestial amulet you’re gonna be a hybrid, a bruiser/bunkerish playstyle.

Elementalists get none of these playstyles, they only get the bruiser/bunker playstyle that celestial amulet offers because no other amulet works for them.

It’s been a problem ever since eles were nerfed down from being able to actually use zerker stats in pvp at the beginning of the game.

On a sidenote, Thieves have this problem as well. They only really work with zerker/marauder stats, nothing else and therefore they always fill out the same role on teams.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

(edited by SchmendrickTheMagician.8247)

in PvP

Crinn.7864

Amulets are much more than just stat combos. Well, stats are more than just stats, really. Different stats through amulets offer different playstyles and therefore different team roles.

No matter what class you’re on if you use celestial amulet you’re gonna be a hybrid, a bruiser/bunkerish playstyle.

You have it backwards. You’re saying that amulets determine build playstyle. Which is wrong. Build playstyle determines what amulet it used. Amulets don’t determine anything, they just augment the build.

You’re complaining that eles only have one playstyle, but that isn’t because of cele.

YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

You have it backwards. You’re saying that amulets determine build playstyle. Which is wrong. Build playstyle determines what amulet it used. Amulets don’t determine anything, they just augment the build.

You’re complaining that eles only have one playstyle, but that isn’t because of cele.

It kind of is and isn’t. Ele’s need both Vitality and Toughness since they have the lowest of both. If you go Cleric, you’ll have low health and as soon as you take ~1k damage, diamond skin pops and you get melted by conditions or any sort of crowd control.

If you take a +vitality , direct damage will eat you alive, even with protection bonuses.

in PvP

Posted by: Dunecoon.5134

Dunecoon.5134

I run a pretty nice scepter/focus stone heart build with settler amulet, can’t kill anyone but can candle 2v1 better than anything I’ve come up with. Not meta but still fun/viable

in PvP

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

Try Settler’s go burn heal or bleed heal auramancer and bathe in the tears of those you stomp. Healing Condi is great.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

The thing is celestial isn’t even viable anymore, the ele melt 5 seconds after DS is broken, you can survive a bit longer with staff tho.

The current meta forced the elementalist go with bunker specs like soldier, sentinel, cleric and settler’s.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

in PvP

Posted by: Dr Patrik.3642

Dr Patrik.3642

For all of those people saying “just run clerics or soldiers, you can tank so well” that’s the point, THE ONLY THING ELE CAN DO IS TANK/SUPPORT. Sure they can win in 1v1’s against some classes EVENTUALLY. However, that is you outplaying your opponent (except when fighting a condi necro). Also its usually against squishy targets which any build can do decent damage to as those builds have NO tanking ability. The main thing is they cant run any EFFECTIVE condi or burst roles in PvP what so ever. Even if they chose to run a zerker/marauder build, the damage is FAR lower than other burst builds and its even usually lower then a cele variant. Also, due to the squishy nature of the low defensive stats and little to no hard defense (stealth, block, invuln, blind, and stuff like that which thieves and mesmers get) they have to take a defensive amulet and cele is just the best one. Due to cele amulet is so much better for ele than any other amulet, they cant buff ele to make it viable with the other amulets because that would just turn into the cele builds being stupidly op again.

Hopefully now everyone is all on the same page as to why cele is a problem for the class.

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

For all of those people saying “just run clerics or soldiers, you can tank so well” that’s the point, THE ONLY THING ELE CAN DO IS TANK/SUPPORT. Sure they can win in 1v1’s against some classes EVENTUALLY. However, that is you outplaying your opponent (except when fighting a condi necro). Also its usually against squishy targets which any build can do decent damage to as those builds have NO tanking ability. The main thing is they cant run any EFFECTIVE condi or burst roles in PvP what so ever. Even if they chose to run a zerker/marauder build, the damage is FAR lower than other burst builds and its even usually lower then a cele variant. Also, due to the squishy nature of the low defensive stats and little to no hard defense (stealth, block, invuln, blind, and stuff like that which thieves and mesmers get) they have to take a defensive amulet and cele is just the best one. Due to cele amulet is so much better for ele than any other amulet, they cant buff ele to make it viable with the other amulets because that would just turn into the cele builds being stupidly op again.

Hopefully now everyone is all on the same page as to why cele is a problem for the class.

You’ve pointed out the major freaking problem of the class : the base damage of the class is ridiculously low, that even going marauder/zerker will not bring any visible result.

To make sure ele can use other amulets in pvp, they must re-design the whole profession, it’s not a matter of simple numbers crunching