Will i forever lose?

Will i forever lose?

in PvP

Posted by: Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

I solo queue often, i had a good 8/10 win streak, but i had to do my daily, now my mmr blows after i reached diamond. so after the next season starts, if im understanding right, i screwed myself over and will never get League Conqueror done? Ive lost 22 matches in a row now….and probably more but im always on top scoreboard…so i dont know how the heck i can get my wings next season DESPITE even getting League Elite done…there has to be something done about this, this glicko is annoying and it makes me wanna just die…worked so hard on all of this spvp for the backpiece just to hurt myself in the end…whats the point!?

I want that backpiece just as much anyone, but after 5 days straight and never moving past 3/60 wins on League Conqueror, what does this mean? its a LOSS loop, period, end of story.

Will i forever lose?

in PvP

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

I know that feel. Sad to say, you probably wont break out of that loss loop for very long without a pre-made team. You can probably get League Conqueror next season since it achievements carries over (so I hear, anyway).

However, if you’re really not enjoying it, you might as well take a breather.

Will i forever lose?

in PvP

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

I know that feel. Sad to say, you probably wont break out of that loss loop for very long without a pre-made team. You can probably get League Conqueror next season since it achievements carries over (so I hear, anyway).

thats what im afraid of, is my loss loop carried over too? the only thing id need is my conqueror.

Will i forever lose?

in PvP

Posted by: Eater of Peeps.9062

Eater of Peeps.9062

Win/losses are the only thing that matter when it comes to your mmr. When your mmr is low it will match you with other low mmr players against high mmr players, and hence, right out of the gate of every single match you are already at a disadvantage. On top of that, if your mmr gets tanked for any reason, such as afkers, game throwers (for gold or friends), newbies, casuals, or cluelessness, your mmr will follow/haunt you forever. You can’t cure it. I am living proof. I have just seen the same pattern over and over and over again.

Anet could have re-set mmr at the start of the season. THey didn’t. Now you can enjoy your low mmr/loss loop this season and well into all the other seasons as well, no matter how hard you try, how much you improve, how much you whine, how much you beg to be carried, how my you play, or how much you turn into a raging jerk because the game is sooooooo frustrating for solo quers with low mmr. And now that everyone quit and the game is dead and we have 30-40 mins ques, only to lose, well, that’s a recipe for permanent quitting.

Too bad. Cuz it was once a great game and pvp used to be so fun.

Will i forever lose?

in PvP

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

cant get it since mmr low. itll follow next season

Will i forever lose?

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Without this so called mmr hell how would progression ever stop….? No think about it everyone would just progress forever. Everyone would be legendary and the same dumb kitten would still be happening because guess what it’s the players doing the dumb kitten not anet.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Will i forever lose?

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Forgive my ignorance here but i also keep hearing that there is a forced 50/50 win rate that the system puts you in so shouldn’t the OP be winning some matches soon?

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Will i forever lose?

in PvP

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

Every season should have mmr reset, i’m in the same situation as i’ve had to play 2 other diferent classes to get League – Profession which made my mmr drop a lot.

Will i forever lose?

in PvP

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Forgive my ignorance here but i also keep hearing that there is a forced 50/50 win rate that the system puts you in so shouldn’t the OP be winning some matches soon?

Two of my accounts have been right around the 50% mark, but the other…. holy cow its not even remotely close to 50.

On that account, I was above 50% until I got to the last tier in Sapphire. Then the loss streaks of 13, 11 several 9s occurred. A few were competitive and we came out on the short end – it happens. But most of those were monster blow outs. Sometimes by over 300 points. It might get a 2 game win streak, then right back to one blow out loss after another.

It took almost 100 games to finally cross the last tier of sapphire. Compared to last season, on this account, its been a matchup nightmare.

So, same player playing the same classes on different accounts is getting inconsistent matchups. Fix your system Anet.

SBI

Will i forever lose?

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

Every season should have mmr reset, i’m in the same situation as i’ve had to play 2 other diferent classes to get League – Profession which made my mmr drop a lot.

Resetting mmr almost rewards afkers, quitters, and people that purposely tanked their mmr first season. I happen to think this mmr matchmaking is great for punishing the tankers.

Will i forever lose?

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Resetting mmr almost rewards afkers, quitters, and people that purposely tanked their mmr first season. I happen to think this mmr matchmaking is great for punishing the tankers.

And as soon as you pop up your head out of that dark hole you just dug yourself, you realize… it also punishes those that have a lot of ranked games played because they learned spvp on that account.

There is a reason why LoL does a soft reset every so often.

Soft reset after each season, placement matches before season.
Only solution.

Will i forever lose?

in PvP

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

I’m 1v3ing points in literally 100% of my games atm, still lose 2 out of 3 because my team can’t 4v2. It’s just depressing.

One foot out the door, yet again.

Will i forever lose?

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

I’m 1v3ing points in literally 100% of my games atm, still lose 2 out of 3 because my team can’t 4v2. It’s just depressing.

Pretty much! Again I will refer you to this thread[ https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Feeders-in-Ranked-PvP-huge-problem/first#post6235080 ]for you to discuss the other “Major Issue” plaguing Ranked PvP for the past few seasons since ANet implemented this interesting MMS.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

Will i forever lose?

in PvP

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

My ratio dropped from 60% wins before season 1 to below 45%. I haven’t played season 1, made about 60 games in season 2 and have about 200 games now. I made it into the last pips of ruby but I’m stuck there since. I win 2-3 games, lose 5-10, win again.. and my ratio goes down further

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

Will i forever lose?

in PvP

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

AFKers, quitters will be quickly have their mmr placed where they belong in the start of the season.
This MMR has a snowball effect and it’s unfair, had to play almost 500 games and get groups to reach diamond, and sometimes i play against legend players who have reached with 30+ win streaks their ranks and plays pretty bad, and it’s pretty common to see this.

Will i forever lose?

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

AFKers, quitters will be quickly have their mmr placed where they belong in the start of the season.
This MMR has a snowball effect and it’s unfair, had to play almost 500 games and get groups to reach diamond, and sometimes i play against legend players who have reached with 30+ win streaks their ranks and plays pretty bad, and it’s pretty common to see this.

Yeah I made it to diamond on a 50 winstreak lol

Will i forever lose?

in PvP

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

To answer the question Will i forever lose?

If you are on a losing streak, it will most likely last forever if you are not able to carry the four other players on your team and get to a mmr region were the system puts you into groups with good players.
The more matches you lose, the worse your team mates will be. The more matches you win, the better your team mates will be.

Yes, we all know the system is broken beyond repair, but you still can stop playing and hoping that the queue times get that high that even more players leave and Anet finally notices that something is wrong.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

Will i forever lose?

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

I agree for 1 reset each year.

1 reset each season would be too much pain.

MMR volatibility over 2 months would bring many problems.

Each January first, a MMR reset could be great.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

Will i forever lose?

in PvP

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Anet have no real idea about PvP, I wish they would get over themselves and let it go.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”