Will league achievs lock after the full year?

in PvP

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Hi guys,
I was hoping I will be able to finish my legendary backpack in a year, but now I see that I am quite behind (because I missed season 1) and I won’t be able to get the League Elite achievements. There is just no way I will get to Diamond on the last season or twice to ruby. There is just not enough time for me. In the past, I have heard that the backpack will be still possible to finish after the first year of seasons, but now I read this:
“None of achievements reset between seasons. The current achievements do need to be completed in a year. However, the current achievements can be progressed throughout the entire year and do not reset.”
source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3vocj9/psa_the_pvp_legendary_backpack_does_not_require/

Is this really a thing? If it is, I can just stop worrying about it and stop running for it.

in PvP

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

Well, everything originally pointed to it locking after a year. However, anet have made such a mess of things that who really knows.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

and why did you miss out the first season ?

in PvP

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

This achievement really bothered me, somehow i’ve got to diamond this season and the next i need to reach ruby which i think its fairly doable.

This achievement should be replaced by sometyhing else, is the only one who is holding me from the wings this season =/

I think many will not get the wings because of this.

in PvP

Posted by: Sooloo.1364

Sooloo.1364

I don’t get why there is a time limit at all. The fractal back can be done at your own pace but this thing needs to be worked on in a schedule and if you are having problems you most likely will fail. I think it’s been poorly implemented.

in PvP

Posted by: Critical Lag.9075

Critical Lag.9075

I hope there will be a decent way to get parts from meta achievments if it gets locked. I came back at the end of season 2 and made it only for saph. I’m kinda bad at pvp and struggle in ruby (I duo que with friend for Stronghold) and I need to make it to diamond once if I want to complete the division crossing achiev for part 4, it feels so close and yet so out of reach for me.