Will we get competitive PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: phantom.1675

phantom.1675

PvP is basically a loot farm, much akin to a world boss train, except with fewer participants.

Most good players (not me) have left and there is really no incentive to improve knowledge of the game mode.

Players don’t know matchups and push into things that are basically just throws. People don’t know rotations and just afk on nodes while the enemy gets to 5v4. And honestly, all of that is fine; there is nothing wrong with not knowing and needing to learn.

The problem is the game mode is not competitive so people don’t learn, they just think they are playing properly and are there to get loot.

Any plans to fix this? With the deletion of ESL, there really is no “go play ESL if you want competitive” rebuttal anymore. If it’s not competitive then delete the word “competitive” from the achievement tab describing achievements for this game mode. Just change it to “time sync”.

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Bringing back team queuing would be a step…lol

And of course making an effort to balance the game again to make it fun. It has been totally out of control since HoT and pre-HoT patches. Build variation is crap and unless you’ve got some combination of immunities, blocks, dodge spams, invulns, etc you’re dead almost instantly. Compare the effects-per-action in the game now vs a couple years ago and its laughable how far away it has gone from being watchable and competition worthy.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

I don’t think people aren’t willing to learn because they are going to PvP to get loot. More likely what Celtus said, builds today are able to do too many things at the same time, and this isn’t helping in order to learn how to play on capture points.

in PvP

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

With this class balance,better forget about it.
It does more harm to the game than it does good.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

PvP is basically a loot farm, much akin to a world boss train, except with fewer participants.

Most good players (not me) have left and there is really no incentive to improve knowledge of the game mode.

Players don’t know matchups and push into things that are basically just throws. People don’t know rotations and just afk on nodes while the enemy gets to 5v4. And honestly, all of that is fine; there is nothing wrong with not knowing and needing to learn.

The problem is the game mode is not competitive so people don’t learn, they just think they are playing properly and are there to get loot.

Any plans to fix this? With the deletion of ESL, there really is no “go play ESL if you want competitive” rebuttal anymore. If it’s not competitive then delete the word “competitive” from the achievement tab describing achievements for this game mode. Just change it to “time sync”.

GW2 has become the wrong game to play for competitive PvP. You are asking a super casual PvE game to have meaningful hardcore competitive PvP. Now think about just how silly that demand is.

Again It’s like going to a Burger King and demanding them make you a 5 star steak 3 course steak dinner. It’s just a silly request that will never happen. GW2’s post HoT framework just don’t support this.

It’s best to either just use GW2’s PvP as another way of farming loot. Or to look elsewhere that has competitive PvP support. And a community that is more then %10 interested in competitive PvP.

Circle humping Conquest with the way the classes are balanced in GW2. Is nowhere near competitive PvP when comparing nearly any other game’s version of conquest. Nor does the meaningless 3 to 6 month balance patches-lite help either.

Just my 2 cents.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: Forsty.7968

Forsty.7968

There are gonna be some tournaments coming up. Dont know about the frequency of the tournaments but people will definitely compete. “Unity PvP Tournament Org.” Should be on first page. Anyone interested can join the discord.

in PvP

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

I left the game around a year or so ago. I really wanted the pvp thing to work. I played, actually literally, thousands of hours into it. But one day, the lightbulb went off in my head, and I realized that it was true what dozens — scores, even — of other people had written in these very forums from nearly day 1: The intrinsic nature a pve-first and foremost game trying to masquerade as a hardcore pvp draw was never going to work. From a balance standpoint and from an interest standpoint, it was always going to be pushing a boulder uphill only to have it roll back to the bottom again.

It’s been said in this thread, and it’s been said in a hundred threads before it: You want a competitive, mostly balanced pvp game? Gotta find a game that was built with that ideal in mind from the start. But if you enjoy Guild War’s 2 pvp for the hot mess that it is, that’s okay, too. Even for me, long away after eventually coming to terms that it’ll never be what I’d like it to be, I still look back on it somewhat fondly. It had its fun moments. Anyhow, anybody clinging to the idea that the next xpac will fix GW2’s pvp, you shouldn’t hold your breath. Guild Wars was, is, and probably will always be a pve-centered product. And that’s okay! But, because of that, it’ll never have the competitive pvp scene that many fans truly want. Even ESL finally realized that.

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”