Winstreak bonus - helpful to Solo/DuoQ

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

While I wanted to initially make a thread with just a reference to I’m on the road to Viridian City since it will probably generate as much succes as this I suppose, let’s try:

Problem: Losing pips. Like junkies, everyone is trying to find methods to get pips, some with different ways than others. The vocal minority seems to be wanted to get these pips via Solo or DuoQ, but get punished for it in the long run i.e. Helseth losing 2 pips for losing against the full team of oRNG.

Inspection: What seems to have caused this is because there is no way for a Solo or DuoQ player to get extra pips, while losing them is extremely easy. As an insult to injury, there is a way to cheat the system as a group , generating more pips while trying less harder than people normally would (I am not going to post the method, you can send me a PM if you want to know).

Suggestion: Add a winstreak bonus with a timer. If you manage to win multiple games after another within a few hours, you should be rewarded for it. This way you help Solo or Duo players who have a relatively high MMR and tend to get impossible odds after winning several games after one another. Facing teams would become less tedious since there is a way to get the lost pips back relatively safe to get you back on track to go further without being stuck in Emerald since the system punishes you heavily.
But, like I said, make it a timer. Say that after you win 2 games after another the system kicks in; if you win another game in an hour, you get extra pips as a reward. This way the system seems to make winning relevant and give an incentive to people to try extra hard, while making sure that you also put enough pressure on people to give them the choice if they want to call it a quits after a day of PvP, or wanting to try that one last match since else they would lose their winstreak bonus.

Thoughts? Yes? No? Maybe? Whatever it is; Viridian City here I come!

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.2798

Chase.2798

generating more pips while trying less harder than people normally would

Sorry… couldnt make it past this…l2english…why do you get decide who and what is a “normal person”? And how do you know how hard they are trying…i would say anyone not in a team queue in ranked isnt trying very hard at all…it doesnt take too long to make a group…you just have to try harder

Big Papa Chase – Warrior and Guardian
Papa’s Lady Luck- Necro
(HELL)

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Sorry… couldnt make it past this…l2english…why do you get decide who and what is a “normal person”? And how do you know how hard they are trying…i would say anyone not in a team queue in ranked isnt trying very hard at all…it doesnt take too long to make a group…you just have to try harder

FailFish

Brandon was actually trying to do some helpful feedback, no need to say whatever…

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

He means you gain more pips by queueing as a 4-man group than by solo/duo-queueing, which arguably takes less effort because you have more control over your team composition and coordination.

Also, why do you get to decide his estimation of a normal person may or may not be flawed? Why do you get to decide it’s easier to soloq and being in a group means trying harder? l2english l2logic

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

If you quote me, be sure to quote the whole sentence so we do not take things out of context:

As an insult to injury, there is a way to cheat the system as a group , generating more pips while trying less harder than people normally would (I am not going to post the method, you can send me a PM if you want to know).

There is a glitch in the current system where you can very well as a 5 man party generate pips in a way Solo and Duo players would never be able to do – or even 5 man parties that do not abuse this system.

Maybe I should indeed learn to English, it is after all not my first language – but you tried to make a fool out of me, personally attacking me because you took something out of context and blew it up… Not just that, you added an absolute 0 to the discussion.

Next time if you got a beef you can send me a PM, reason I don’t do it with this comment is because I am explaining the fact that the system can be abused which is on topic.

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind