Won a match, got NO pips

Won a match, got NO pips

in PvP

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

Please, anet, explain this.
I am seriously getting sick of your league bull****
Did I just get penalized for having diamond abusers on my team? SERIOUSLY?

Attachments:

Won a match, got NO pips

in PvP

Posted by: deputatu.5620

deputatu.5620

Priceless is all I can say…

Won a match, got NO pips

in PvP

Posted by: gabbedaking.3582

gabbedaking.3582

Just happen to me and the team i played with…

Won a match, got NO pips

in PvP

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

You are/had two Diamond, trying to play the system by grouping with a Emerald, the game saw you as highly favored to win, you barely won, you got no pips, the losing side should have lost no pips either if I recall the table data correctly. Working as intended.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Won a match, got NO pips

in PvP

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

You are/had two Diamond, trying to play the system by grouping with a Emerald, the game saw you as highly favored to win, you barely won, you got no pips, the losing side should have lost no pips either if I recall the table data correctly. Working as intended.

AKA yes, got screwed by people abusing the system and proven that whoever designed it had no kittening clue what he was doing

Won a match, got NO pips

in PvP

Posted by: Browrain.7346

Browrain.7346

I have a friend who hasn’t played HoT until just recently. He’s amber. I’m diamond. Am I not allowed to play ranked with him because it might look to some people like I’m abusing the system, when in reality I just wanna have fun with an old friend?

Won a match, got NO pips

in PvP

Posted by: ItIsFinished.9462

ItIsFinished.9462

I have a friend who hasn’t played HoT until just recently. He’s amber. I’m diamond. Am I not allowed to play ranked with him because it might look to some people like I’m abusing the system, when in reality I just wanna have fun with an old friend?

Have fun with your friend in Unranked.

Arrow Slanger »—> »—> »—>
The Never Ending Repertoire of Ranger Builds
Salt of the Earth {SALT} Crystal Desert© ~~Dragon Rank~~

Won a match, got NO pips

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Wait for him to catch up or play unranked together. It’s not that big a sacrifice.

… I still want tengu.

Won a match, got NO pips

in PvP

Browrain.7346

He and I don’t wanna do unranked. We’d like to play together and progress through leagues. I didn’t know people could decide for me what I should and shouldn’t play.

Won a match, got NO pips

in PvP

Posted by: ItIsFinished.9462

ItIsFinished.9462

He and I don’t wanna do unranked. We’d like to play together and progress through leagues. I didn’t know people could decide for me what I should and shouldn’t play.

Here’s a valid question. Do you think your friend deserves to be in Ruby Division? Because you will carry him there before he’s even ready. And I’m sure there are a lot of Ruby players who wouldn’t want them on their team due to the lack of pvp experience.

Arrow Slanger »—> »—> »—>
The Never Ending Repertoire of Ranger Builds
Salt of the Earth {SALT} Crystal Desert© ~~Dragon Rank~~

Won a match, got NO pips

in PvP

Browrain.7346

Here’s a valid question. Do you think your friend deserves to be in Ruby Division? Because you will carry him there before he’s even ready. And I’m sure there are a lot of Ruby players who wouldn’t want them on their team due to the lack of pvp experience.

Yeah he probably doesn’t deserve to reach Ruby. But the point is that not everyone is doing it to abuse the system. Anet needs to think of the other situations before making drastic changes.

Won a match, got NO pips

in PvP

Posted by: zombyturtle.5980

zombyturtle.5980

Yeah he probably doesn’t deserve to reach Ruby. But the point is that not everyone is doing it to abuse the system. Anet needs to think of the other situations before making drastic changes.

The problem is , by playing with your friend you are potentially ruining 8 other peoples game experience. These people have no say whatsoever in whether they are ok with this.

Yes you arent doing it intentionally but when there is an identical game mode available that has no negative consequences for duo grouping its rather unfair for you to insist on being able to play with you friend in ranked just because you want to.

The system is way too open to abuse as GW2 has shown and most serious pvp games dont allow cross divisional grouping for that very reason.

Won a match, got NO pips

in PvP

Posted by: BadMed.3846

BadMed.3846

I really wish you lost 2 pips for abusing the matchmaking system. Anet, please take his pips.

Won a match, got NO pips

in PvP

zombyturtle.5980

I really wish you lost 2 pips for abusing the matchmaking system. Anet, please take his pips.

OP is not one of the people manipulating the matchmaking, hes just a solo player placed on the same team.

Won a match, got NO pips

in PvP

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

You are allowed, but it will look like abuse to outsiders. It isn’t your fault that the system weights teams like it does. The system should be fixed and give you matches that are around your skill level, not averaged matches, and not you restricted from playing ranked with a friend.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Won a match, got NO pips

in PvP

Posted by: Returned.2056

Returned.2056

On the flip side, I GAINED a pip after losing a match once back when I was in emerald. Wasn’t sure if it was a bug or if it was intended.

Won a match, got NO pips

in PvP

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

On the flip side, I GAINED a pip after losing a match once back when I was in emerald. Wasn’t sure if it was a bug or if it was intended.

Its not a bug, rather being a very rare occurance where your team lost by a very close margin against a higher MMR ranked team.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

Won a match, got NO pips

in PvP

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

Have seen twice now, once as pugs vs full premade. Pip calculations written horribly.

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

Won a match, got NO pips

in PvP

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

Yes, anet does not care and the forum users hate your or it because they are jealous that you can legitimately say it and you are not lying and actually intentionally exploiting. This makes them very sad and hurts their egos.

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

Won a match, got NO pips

in PvP

zombyturtle.5980

Yes, anet does not care and the forum users hate your or it because they are jealous that you can legitimately say it and you are not lying and actually intentionally exploiting. This makes them very sad and hurts their egos.

lol what, are you kidding?

Won a match, got NO pips

in PvP

Posted by: Bahir.5132

Bahir.5132

Yep I had this happen as well, and I didn’t earn the teir (would have been the final pip). It made me sad.

Won a match, got NO pips

in PvP

Posted by: Hachiman.2470

Hachiman.2470

Very strange. Is this something Anet has changed recently? Last time I looked at the chart for pip gain/loss (which is modeled after the updated wiki algorithm) there is no instance where a win results in 0 pips, only in circumstances where you lost but had a 0-39% chance to win and fell within a score range.

Won a match, got NO pips

in PvP

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

Most likely you gained half a pip but you can’t see it.

You were considered highly favored to win (two diamonds) but barely won (practically a draw really.) So you barely won any pips. Seems to be working correctly and how I’d want it to.

If the diamonds had been “gaming” the system and the emerald had dropped your rating then you would have gained more for the win not less.

This post is only proving that the system actually works better than you all make it out to be.

Won a match, got NO pips

in PvP

Posted by: skullfaerie.7203

skullfaerie.7203

I love how there are people in here claiming it’s ‘working as intended, it’s not a bug’, ‘matchmaking decided you wouldn’t gain a pip because you’re heavily favored to win’ or ‘you gained half a pip’ or some such. Would you mind backing those claims up with some official statements? I’ve never heard of this.

Last time I checked, Anet explicitly stated that a win guarantees a pip
(“Winning a match guarantees you a pip” https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-pvp-leagues/) and last time I saw the chart based on the wiki algorithm, there was no instance in which a win resulted in no pips. It’s a bug or an oversight of some sort, unless a dev has said otherwise.

Won a match, got NO pips

in PvP

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/A-Message-from-the-PvP-Team/first

The majority of games (even matches) are +1/-1 for winning/losing….you also gain partial points as you cross point thresholds….

majority of games, not all games are +1 or -1. And it clearly states partial pips are a thing.

Won a match, got NO pips

in PvP

Posted by: skullfaerie.7203

skullfaerie.7203

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/A-Message-from-the-PvP-Team/first

The majority of games (even matches) are +1/-1 for winning/losing….you also gain partial points as you cross point thresholds….

majority of games, not all games are +1 or -1. And it clearly states partial pips are a thing.

Because there is a possibility of earning or losing more <__<
It does not state anywhere that there is a possibility of gaining no pips for winning. It says “the majority”, because in the previous sentence it states that the point spectrum varies from -3 to +3. E.g. that you can earn more or lose more pips, depending on the difficulty of the matchup. So the second sentence is to clarify that the majority are however -1 or +1. This does ~not~ refute the statement from the blog post at all. It does not address that question at all.

I stand corrected on partial pips however, they exist, although how they work is unclear at best (another fail imo). From what it says:
> they are earned “as you cross point thresholds”
> “so there’s always a reason to keep trying even if you don’t win”

Which appears to indicate they are earned when during a match you reach, say, 300, 400, 450 or whatever the actual thresholds are, and then lose. It does not state that they are given as a replacement for the supposedly guaranteed minimum of one full pip per win.

Won a match, got NO pips

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

The problem is , by playing with your friend you are potentially ruining 8 other peoples game experience. These people have no say whatsoever in whether they are ok with this.

Yes you arent doing it intentionally but when there is an identical game mode available that has no negative consequences for duo grouping its rather unfair for you to insist on being able to play with you friend in ranked just because you want to.

The system is way too open to abuse as GW2 has shown and most serious pvp games dont allow cross divisional grouping for that very reason.

+1 This.

Your intentions may be totally honest and all but you are hurting your friend by carrying him and hurting the other players. So basically by being selfish you are potentially hurting 8 other players when you could just be playing unranked.

Another example. I just started playing Engie to get my 3rd profession ranked wins. Now im at the start of a tier in lower division and i could very easily go and queue ranked knowing i cant lose tiers or pips and maybe i get some lucky matches and get carried to my 5 wins fast. But i dont want to kitten my team mates over so im queueing unranked for the time being to learn the class a little so that when i do queue ranked im not a complete liability.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Won a match, got NO pips

in PvP

Posted by: Kuju.2153

Kuju.2153

I just had the same thing happen to me. A 3 man premade + 2 solos on my team (1 diamond, 3 ruby, 1 saph), and a 4 man premade on their side (1 diamond, 3 ruby, 1 emerald). We won 501-325, and I got nothing from yolo queuing.

It’s already bad enough running into more and more pre-made teams halfway through ruby, but to see this happen on top that is very hard to take as a solo queue player. I’ve taken my lumps enough as is – does this really need to happen? I have to admit feeling total deflation after this to just say I’ll try and coast into diamond over the next 3 weeks instead of caring about pushing to legendary.

Attachments:

(edited by Kuju.2153)