Wondering about the blog post?

in PvP

Posted by: okaygo.5473

okaygo.5473

Hi I read a few days ago that a PvP blog post containing information about updates would be released very soon. Maybe I missed it? Can someone paste me what the blog post said? Thanks.

in PvP

Posted by: Zachariel.5463

Zachariel.5463

Hasn’t been posted as of yet.

in PvP

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hi both of you.

It will arrive when it is ready but unfortunately we cannot make an exact estimation of when this will happen. We ask for your patience in the meantime. Thanks!

in PvP

Posted by: Aga.8641

Aga.8641

Every game I play the company always says “be patient”, it’s got to the point where I just don’t believe anything anyone who has any affiliation with game developers says.

I don’t know what’s worse, the endless supply of “it’s coming”, “soon” or “be patient” or no information at all.

in PvP

Posted by: Sondergaard.8469

Sondergaard.8469

I don’t know what’s worse, the endless supply of “it’s coming”, “soon” or “be patient” or no information at all.

It’s coming soon, be patient. They’re still gathering information.

in PvP

Posted by: Sanis.1096

Sanis.1096

last info is from 3 days ago if i remember right and they said that the blog is ready and they have to translate it etc etc.. so just w8!

-Apinamies-
-rank 41 guardian-
-Desolation EU-

in PvP

Zachariel.5463

Every game I play the company always says “be patient”, it’s got to the point where I just don’t believe anything anyone who has any affiliation with game developers says.

Some people just have no patience. Those most ignore.

in PvP

Posted by: Kalar Meadia.8439

Kalar Meadia.8439

I have great patience, but little tolerance.

I’ll state politely that it would be nice that, in the absence of a full on blog post, we got a snippet or a progress report to keep us interested and sated until such a time when it is actually ready.

Just a suggestion from an anxious fan.

in PvP

Zachariel.5463

I have great patience, but little tolerance.

I’ll state politely that it would be nice that, in the absence of a full on blog post, we got a snippet or a progress report to keep us interested and sated until such a time when it is actually ready.

Just a suggestion from an anxious fan.

They wont because if something changes from what they’ve said..people get bent out of shape. No game company will do that (unless its a new company unfamiliar with how people by nature are).

in PvP

Posted by: Dragonskin.7854

Dragonskin.7854

Hi both of you.

It will arrive when it is ready but unfortunately we cannot make an exact estimation of when this will happen. We ask for your patience in the meantime. Thanks!

I thank you very much for the quick response. Honestly, I am very angry at how great this game can be in the SPvP/TPvP area but it is not there yet. What I do not understand is why this game was put out to be a great PvP game involving potential e-sports yet we are getting dungeon patches? I just do not understand… You have a PvP community that are asking for a few things that were said to be here on release. We love this game and all we want are a spectator mode, custom games, paid tournaments, and a ladder. That is what I have seen in a lot of posts that want improvements. We were said to have a blog post “very soon” and now it has been delayed 16 days. I will be patient and at the end of the day ANet is not a group of idiots. They know what they are doing (and possibly using market strategies knowing PvE will generate more revenue) but lets hope for the SPvP/TPvP that it is soon.

in PvP

Kalar Meadia.8439

They wont because if something changes from what they’ve said..people get bent out of shape. No game company will do that (unless its a new company unfamiliar with how people by nature are).

I’ll referr you over to Square Enix’s FFXIV community team, which has done an amazing job of providing snippets of information when larger portions of information is delayed.

The concept of ‘I can’t ever say anything because a tiny portion of it MAY be changed’ is fundamentally flawed. We’re all human here. We should not coddle or fear the internet idoicy that assumes that everything said is set in stone.

Nor is it harmful to provide minor tidbits you ARE certain of, no matter how minor that info may seem.

“Heya, we’re delayed on our Blog Post because we got a swath of new info we wanted to sort through before posting. We also may or may not have some new features ready to show off for the blog. Just to let you know we’re planning on quite a bit of development changes to sPvP down the line. Stay tuned!” – Isn’t shooting yourself in the foot.

in PvP

Posted by: Mikali.9651

Mikali.9651

LoL has so much better community team. They even share their status and problems they are getting into.
Even if they needed long time to do something, they did it, and we were always part of it.
QQ was always there, but we were informed when it was needed.

Anet is playing too safe, and we all can see what happened.
Too casual game.
Innovative (and I like them very much because of it) but made too casual to attract much more player base, even tho players are more competitive then casual in this kind of games.
This casuality will be bane to GW2, so it would be really smart of Anet if they start share their thoughts and plans with us.

We are all aware that things get changed while in production, and I am also sure if they share informations with us, that we will also be part of it’s changing.
It’s better to change what people like, they to do something on your own.

Best example is endurance bar (those 2 small yellow bars)which was change because one person in beta gave better alternative to what it was then.

There isn’t any argument for them not sharing informations sooner, this is a sub-free game, they will not lose anything…

in PvP

Kalar Meadia.8439

Commentary aside, I’ve made my suggestion. I’m in camp that believes a more open, human PR approach that occasionally makes mistakes or has to change plans goes over better for the community than a fairly silent one. And I hope Arenanet and NCsoft grows to understand and adapt that policy.

Ultimately it’s there choice. Thus far I’m satisfied with their product and enjoy the innovation, as well as their stances on unfair play and harassment.

However, I was this way with BioWare as well and it was their PR policy that eventually pushed me far enough away from them that I’m wary to make any purchase from them.

I hope Arenanet does not meet the same fate.

in PvP

Posted by: Daays.4317

Daays.4317

Really that hard to translate “Coming Soon”?

French – Prochainement
German – Früh
Spanish – Próximamente

in PvP

Posted by: Ezekeel.2837

Ezekeel.2837

Hi both of you.

‘When it is ready’ seems to be the Anet’s company credo when it comes to fixes and necessary adjustments or even simple blog posts.

I just wonder where this attitude was when Anet decided on the release date of your game. Since apparently it was not ready when you take a look at the gazillion of bugs present. And do not dare to tell me Anet was not aware of these bugs, because several of them were already reported during the BWE.

Anet knew about the unfinished state of the game. Anet knew ‘it was not ready’, but Anet decided to release it anyway.

And now you have the balls to tell the customers to patiently wait for a fix for a product which your company knowingly sold in a broken state. That is rich!

You can ask for patience all you want, but fact is player are losing patience and leaving your game in droves (http://beta.xfire.com/games/gw2).

Whichever moron at marketing decided that GW2 needed to be released before MoP at any cost should be fired. The smarter decision would have been to fix all bugs and polikitten up some more and then release it 2 month after MoP and pick up all the disgruntled WoW players.

in PvP

Kalar Meadia.8439

Ezekeel, MoP came out, so that’s going to pull people out of the spike.

and ALL mmos spike initially and settle down. The problem with you argument here is, this game wasn’t designed around the subscription set, so people can leave and come as much as they please and Anet dosen’t have to care.

In fact, it should be noted that Anet had to stop sales until the people who were just joining to hop on the bandwagon did leave, and I honestly hope more of the whining department does so.

You’re applying subscription based standards to a Purchase to Play game. It’s entirely bad logic.

in PvP

Ezekeel.2837

And you totally miss the point.

Selling a broken product and then telling customers to patiently wait for fixes is a no-go for every product, not only subscribtion based video games.

in PvP

Kalar Meadia.8439

Come back to me when you’ve read up on the history of FFXIV’s beta and release and we’ll discuss your use of the term ‘broken product’.

Also, disagreeing with class balance and the sparse client function of sPvP does not make the product ‘broken’. It functions better then most MMO’s historically at launch and a hell of a lot better than recent online titles. (How’s that Diablo III pvp btw?)

The point is, you’re wrong both in your point and in your attempt to justify your opinion, and you’re more than welcome to quit the game and leave until it suits you, like the rest of the people whom agree with you.

Otherwise, be patient. This game was in development for five years and the anxiousness was to the boiling point, and the demand at the release was already more than they could handle even with several stress test.

This game has already accomplished more at launch design wise than many in a ten year span. You can play other parts of the game, or even other games, while you wait.

in PvP

Posted by: Asmodean.5820

Asmodean.5820

@Ezekeel: Well, the product is certainly not broken but in some areas pretty substandard and bugged. Take necros for example…bugged key abilities (e.g. corrupt boon) or terribly implemented (pet AI, pet pathing, pet despawning etc), several events in pve etc.

Anyway, the micromanagement payment model will certainly carry the game. However, I wonder how much people are left after October/November where traditionally many good games are released. Anyway, let’s see. Time will tell.

in PvP

Ezekeel.2837

‘Broken’, ‘bugged’, ‘substandard’ – I am not going to argue about semantics here. Maybe ‘broken’ was a bit hyperbolic since technically the PvP works. It just is no fun due to several problems which should have been addressed before release – and since that is the ultimate goal of a game, well …

Also justifying the premature release with ‘people being anxious’ does not really cut it considering the company mantra of releasing stuff ‘when it is ready’. Where was that attitude when they decided on the release date? People are also anxious now about Anet finally releasing some info about the future of PvP, but in this we have to wait – patiently.

I tell you where the difference is. 60 bucks.

in PvP

okaygo.5473

It’s about to be October, maybe they should get a PTR or something. I bet they have a lot of changes already added in.

in PvP

Posted by: Lipstickxx.1043

Lipstickxx.1043

The game is not broken . It is not even a month old and tbh it has great potential . I guess that we need to be patient . I am pretty sure that Arena net will bring us the good news soon.

in PvP

Aga.8641

LoL has so much better community team. They even share their status and problems they are getting into.
Even if they needed long time to do something, they did it, and we were always part of it.
QQ was always there, but we were informed when it was needed.

Anet is playing too safe, and we all can see what happened.
Too casual game.
Innovative (and I like them very much because of it) but made too casual to attract much more player base, even tho players are more competitive then casual in this kind of games.
This casuality will be bane to GW2, so it would be really smart of Anet if they start share their thoughts and plans with us.

I like this post. You refer to LoL and the success it’s had, then go onto to say gw2 is too casual….LoL is one of the most casual games around atm, and that’s THE reason it’s so successful….

in PvP

Mikali.9651

LoL is both casual and competitive!
It has both!
It didn’t have strong competitive aspect until they made it possible, giving spectate mode and before that possibility to make own games.
Before spectate mode players could somehow make their tournments modes and it was like it for almost 2 years.

LoL never aimed for e-sport kind of game, with real tournaments going on, but players wanted, and Riot made it possible.

gw2 is only casual, LoL is both casual and competitive (VERY competitive).

(edited by Mikali.9651)

in PvP

Aga.8641

LoL is competitive because it;s so casual. More casual players, means more viewers for the comp matches, which means more money. Most competitive MOBA players who have played all 3 of the big games in that genre, HoN/dota/LoL often say that HoN/dota are better games, but they play LoL because of the money.

in PvP

Mikali.9651

I don’t agree with you here. Casual players don’t watch streams, same as tournaments, competitive ones do.

in PvP

Posted by: TheBigMeanie.8612

TheBigMeanie.8612

Of course casual players watch streams, to say that they don’t is just ignorant. It’d be pretty hard for a e-sport to exist without casuals to sustain it.

in PvP

Mikali.9651

Do you know what casual even means?

in PvP

Posted by: Haku.5068

Haku.5068

I want a “When it’s ready” T-shirt. Does A-net sell those?

in PvP

Posted by: Duckzor.4327

Duckzor.4327

Oh please, if they would have released later, then you would all be QQ’ing on how they need to release the game and you don’t care if it’s a broken product or not. You would want it now.

Thief WvW Solo Roam Video

http://youtu.be/MHEU8oCFxrE

in PvP

Posted by: Gambit.7836

Gambit.7836

I want my shirt to say “When it’s ready, not when it’s finished.”

in PvP

Posted by: Aragiel.6132

Aragiel.6132

Hi both of you.

last time when i heard “when its ready” it was more than 4 years.. so hopefully this one will be faster..

/sorry for irony

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

I want a “When it’s ready” T-shirt. Does A-net sell those?

No they arent ready yet.

in PvP

Posted by: Eir.6921

Eir.6921

Hi both of you.

Patience…..
Blog post announced more then 2 Weeks ago If i hade the info i could have made that kitten blog in 1 day + 1 day of translation with help of some friends…

i know you have other things to do. thats why i said 1 day.

anyway im back to PvE and keep on hoping PvP actually becomes something…..

in PvP

Posted by: Kaim.7125

Kaim.7125

If this blog was been created day, after day, and after day it shouldbe already done. Conclusion? They dont work at it, its not they prrioryty (what mean, ANET put kitten on pvp- sadly but true), mayby they work on it 30min at whole day (and even so… in 2 weeaks it shouldbe one!)- and only if someone got free time for work at it.

Its SAD, but this all E-SPORT talk WAS (not even IS, couse there is no future hope for pvp) just one great since-fiction story.

in PvP

Kalar Meadia.8439

‘Broken’, ‘bugged’, ‘substandard’ – I am not going to argue about semantics here. Maybe ‘broken’ was a bit hyperbolic since technically the PvP works. It just is no fun due to several problems which should have been addressed before release – and since that is the ultimate goal of a game, well …

Also justifying the premature release with ‘people being anxious’ does not really cut it considering the company mantra of releasing stuff ‘when it is ready’. Where was that attitude when they decided on the release date? People are also anxious now about Anet finally releasing some info about the future of PvP, but in this we have to wait – patiently.

- Which most people already spent. Whoo hoo. Remember, they had to close the doors on sales to prevent the influx, they’re not begging for yours or anyonelses buisness here.

As to your Xfire stats, all servers in game were full or high in US last night, I had to wait for past peek times to do a transfer. The problem with listing people ‘leaving in droves’ is that you’re comparing release time, in which is well known for people just binging on a game, vs normal population, which has not even stablized yet.

And the release was far from premature. Several stress tests, several redevelopments. This game is in working order. Yes, it’s riddeled with bugs, but most of these bugs did not show up until release, and most of these ‘imbalances’ were not here during the beta weekends (Thief and Mesmer were both complained as weaker classes.)

What boils down to it is this: You have an opinion, that sPvP isn’t fun for you. That’s fine. There’s plenty of bugs in the game to fix, you can do something else in the meantime.

But I can and WILL debate semantics with you, when you abuse it to try to make your opinion sound like fact. Period. Using Hyperbole for feedback is terrible practice.

MMORPGs are a perpetual work in progress, give respect for the work that’s been done. There are things you just cannot discover until there are a million + people playing your game.

in PvP

Posted by: uMad.5719

uMad.5719

MMORPGs are a perpetual work in progress, give respect for the work that’s been done. There are things you just cannot discover until there are a million + people playing your game.

The mmo community wont and probably will never understand this concept.

I honestly think most people think all devs have to do is roll their face across the keyboard to solve problems, like they already know the solution to problems as they arise.

in PvP

okaygo.5473

One thing I noticed about my feelings is that since I only paid $60 bucks and this game has lasted me a month, I already feel like I got my moneys worth. I am not pressured into paying another $15 to hold onto my gear, rank, and consumables. However, if it doesn’t come in reasonable time people will move on and maybe only look back when the next thing fails to captivate them. Although some people are saying that they were buying an eSport game, but the game is clearly not ready for eSport yet.

in PvP

Posted by: Eir.6921

Eir.6921

Although some people are saying that they were buying an eSport game, but the game is clearly not ready for eSport yet.

Its not even ready for a bit of a competive scene

in PvP

Posted by: Xhaiden.3891

Xhaiden.3891

Its not even ready for retail. Half of this crap should have been readily apparent in betas.

in PvP

Posted by: Dalingrin.1035

Dalingrin.1035

Xhaiden is right. This is one of the worst launches and the game has less features than any previous MMO at launch….oh wait, that’s not true at all.

This is easily one of the most feature rich MMO at launch…ever. I can’t believe folks don’t have just a little bit of patience to let ArenaNet prioritize fixes post launch.

They’ve said many times prior to launch that additional eSport features would come post launch. Either people didn’t get the memo or they have unrealistic expectations that a bunch of new features would be added a week or two after release of one of the biggest games in history.

in PvP

Posted by: KogarasuMaru.7036

KogarasuMaru.7036

Xhaiden is right. This is one of the worst launches and the game has less features than any previous MMO at launch….oh wait, that’s not true at all.

This is easily one of the most feature rich MMO at launch…ever. I can’t believe folks don’t have just a little bit of patience to let ArenaNet prioritize fixes post launch.

They’ve said many times prior to launch that additional eSport features would come post launch. Either people didn’t get the memo or they have unrealistic expectations that a bunch of new features would be added a week or two after release of one of the biggest games in history.

One of the biggest games in history, can’t get a proper translator.

in PvP

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

It better be worth reading.

Ladder/ELO system is needed. Paid Tournaments are needed. Balance Patch (big one) is needed. Observers/spectactor wouldn’t be bad either.

PS

What happened to plans of launching armory-like service for GW2 along with GW2 release? Where is the mobile app for it as well?

in PvP

Posted by: Smackjack.5071

Smackjack.5071

And you totally miss the point.

Selling a broken product and then telling customers to patiently wait for fixes is a no-go for every product, not only subscribtion based video games.

So basically any mmo was a no-go.

in PvP

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

I play mmos since 1997 and played MANY betas/releases of MANY games. GW2 had one of the best releases ever. There are people who expect AN to launch 100% finished game with features worth of 7 years bonus of developing.

Yes it has less features, it’s been 7 years less on the market than WOW… .

People nowadays have stupid expectations.

So +1 dalingrin

in PvP

Posted by: Ravel.8145

Ravel.8145

I play mmos since 1997 and played MANY betas/releases of MANY games. GW2 had one of the best releases ever. There are people who expect AN to launch 100% finished game with features worth of 7 years bonus of developing.

Yes it has less features, it’s been 7 years less on the market than WOW… .

People nowadays have stupid expectations.

So +1 dalingrin

While I somewhat agree with you, there’s a problem beyond the patience that would be fair for a game like GW2. That problem is ‘timing’.

You see, GW2 basically had 1 month to prove to it’s gamers that it is worth sticking to. After that month, EVERY single player that was bored in some way or another and has played WOW before would go check out Mist of Pandaria. You might think now that, since GW2 is F2P, this might not be such a big deal. But it is.

People are not playing with the same fire when they have previously been bored or dissapointed. And while GW2 is a very good product, it does lack on what it has promised.

Let me give you an example: I’m in a very small guild, there’s only 6 people. We’re all WOW arena veterans, with numerous gladiator ranks and first places in different brackets in WOW. This does not mean at all that we’re good players, but it means we’re only here for the competition, for superior pvp and for the ladder. And GW2 has given us nothing so far. Absolutly nothing. And already we’re looking for something else.

in PvP

Posted by: Pray.9751

Pray.9751

A Game that advertises itself as an e-sport pvp MMO will get held to a higher standart than the usual “AAA-mmo – we ignore all pvp besides a puny battleground”.

Sadly this is exactly what GW2 is. There is not a single thing that is competitive about GW2’s pvp and even less so e-sport (“hurr youtubers we’ll all sue you!”, "metagame has to develop without matchmaking!).

Hell the game had more pvp features in the beta than it has now (paid tournaments) and shortly after release free tournament chests stopped working for over a week and then time and time again for shorter periods. And what are the pvp devs doing? We don’t know! They simply refuse to communicate at all, besides closing threads and deleting posts that is.
Now it’s been over two weeks for a thing is simple as “hey this is what will be coming soon”. It’s sardonacilly sad.

So would this be ok for the usual pve-mmo? No. And they all fell on their faces releasing an unfinished product, because people just leave and no they won’t magically come back once you fixed your game.

Is this state ok for a mmo advertising especially to the pvp crowd? No, it’s shameful.

Oh so GW2 hasn’t lost players? Let’s look at twitch’s viewer count for GW2 – one of the best indicators of how well an e-sport is doing. Oh it’s not even on the first site, of there it is 289 at the bottom part of the second load of games!
Oh well thats less than Pokemon Colosseum, half as much as DayZ and Darksouls and let’s not even begin to talk about the actual e-sport games who range into the 20k’s. Yeah people are definately hyped for gw2’s amazing pvp content!

in PvP

Posted by: Xeph.4513

Xeph.4513

The features that are needed to make the game an Esport haven’t been implemented yet, there fore you can’t really expect there to be much interest generated on twitch. (Simply its boring to watch teams do random tournaments over and over.)

The game has been out for round about a month, so don’t expect it to be a twitch sensation, there’s a lot of work that needs to be done before that can happen.

I just baffles me how people can set such a high expectation, when a game has only been around for a month, give it some time and than start complaining; better yet take a break until they have implemented all the features they have promised and try the game than.

I personally find that the balance and the idea of the game hold promise to be an Esport, albit things have grown a little stale for me with the lack of options in Spvp; I’m just hoping that Arenanet takes their time and approaches the next step with care.

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

Spending only 5 minutes a day, i would have written a blog post after 2 weeks. For free.

in PvP

Posted by: dal.2410

dal.2410

Actually you would only need 3 minutes and 20 seconds each day, it’s been 3 weeks.