Worst match i ever had in ranked

in PvP

Posted by: Pridedemon.3041

Pridedemon.3041

Not that we lost but i actually felt bad for the other team, matchmaker engine really? Getting teamed with randoms might not always be the best idea, this was 3 party (them) vs 2 party (us) today. I queued solo.

Attachments:

(edited by Pridedemon.3041)

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Yup that seems to be my experience with ranked games right now. I know I suck at PvP but in unranked I was right on 50% win rate. Play my first 2 ranked matches and the scores look like this, except I was on the losing team. Lost by over 600 points at Champion’s Dusk.

I know I suck at PvP, but forreal? What kind of matchmaking system put those teams together?

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

I strongly discourage trying to learn PvP in ranked matches. Do a lot of unranked & dueling… PvP has a mean learning curve that I think a lot of us forget about

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

My last 30 games or so have gone back to how it was in s2 – massive stomps most of the time. Usually 500-250 or less, occasionally 500-50 or less. Once I was out of Emerald on day 2, I rarely saw close matches anymore.

One foot out the door, yet again.

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Yup that seems to be my experience with ranked games right now. I know I suck at PvP but in unranked I was right on 50% win rate. Play my first 2 ranked matches and the scores look like this, except I was on the losing team. Lost by over 600 points at Champion’s Dusk.

I know I suck at PvP, but forreal? What kind of matchmaking system put those teams together?

You have 50games played.
This not an insult but at the beginner level you have the most chaotic stuff going on. Its impossible to analyze plays in hotjoin when its closer to dice roll simulator.
In tournaments a lost 1v1 is worth 50-100 pts and a lost teamfight takes 100-200 pts of time to recover. In beginer hotjoin you can decap 1v3 immediately cz they dont look or move elsewhere like a flipper ball.
Random means anything can randomly happen, a few hundred games and youll be having more consistent equal level and logical matches (like holding an outnumbered fight leading to your normal teammates actually winning a 3v4 for example)

Second note,
Champions dusk is stronghold.
You either win or lose.
You normaly get to 100-100 with heroes, kills and gates – and then someone kills the lord and gets +500 pts.

So the match is not 600-100 , but rather “we were X seconds away from killing their lord when they got ours”.

Hope this clears the perspective

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

It does a little bit thanks. I guess I was just taken by surprise because in unranked the system was matching me up such that I was winning exactly 50% of the matches, and I think only about 3 of those matches were so imbalanced. I was expecting ranked to be the same way for whatever reason