Worst working Leaderboard/Matchmaking ever

in PvP

Posted by: Edo Tensei.8254

Edo Tensei.8254

no need to explain it , the devs should know it if they have testet it out long enought. this matchmaking is a joke.

rank 100-200 on Leaderboard get matched with people which arent on the Leaderboard….

and how leaderboard is working , very bad designed. i did exspect some better pvp content by the makers of Gw1. i am so dissapointed.

good thing is battlefield 4 comes out soon so i dont need to continue playing this broken game.

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

lol i had a chat with you about the issue someday ago while soloqueing.

The point is that higher tiered players don’t play, because they’ve no incentives.

They’re sitting at their 14-0 score and keep their top 50 status.

If they try to play there’s a chance they could lose, so they sync.

If they don’t sync, they don’t play at all.

It’s frustrating to come down from 300+ to 500 with a couple of losses simply because you get matched with totally unranked players ( because, you know, high tier players just don’t have any reason to play and lose rank).

This is THE MAIN reason why this game has no competition.

And i kinda feel good now that i’m Austria and can’t play: at least when i’ll be back i can hope for devs to have done something meanwhile ( hoping everyone won’t quit in this time, and i’m not THAT SURE it won’t happen).

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Imo there are few players playing tournaments atm that if they don’t match the few ppl queuing with each other and wait for more ppl on the same “level” queues will never pop.

sPvP is so good atm that even top teams are “taking a break” or even quitting the game…

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

Imo there are few players playing tournaments atm that if they don’t match the few ppl queuing with each other and wait for more ppl on the same “level” queues will never pop.

sPvP is so good atm that even top teams are “taking a break” or even quitting the game…

you should wonder about the reason why there are only few players ding tournaments.

Because you’re rewarded for NOT PLAYING.

The only real incentive for good players to play is the leaderboard ( since other rewards suck balls) and once in the leaderboard, you’re rewarded for not playing ( I MEAN , WTF LOL).

No wonders why people don’t play.

This is killing the game even more than the terribad meta, and not even devs but EVEN PLAYERS can’t understand it.

in PvP

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

Few things to clear up….

The top players on the leader boards play other top players if they are in the queue.

Syncing is not possible at higher rating.

I agree that people sitting on the top with under 20 games played is a joke. Its like they have zero decay, I start to decay after a day or two of not playing and need to get a game in to maintain top 100 these people with a good starting runs never decay at all… I dont understand it. Some decay like I have seen personally is good dont want massive decay because i dont always want to do PvP taking a week off should not tank your rating but you should come back lower rating.

Anet needs to find a balance.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

(edited by Xom.9264)

in PvP

Posted by: Nary Why Irk.8150

Nary Why Irk.8150

I told you monkeys are right now under control of leaderboards behaviour