Worth a remake? Race sizes in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Rivindor.7258

Rivindor.7258

I’ve had a max size Charr Warrior since early access days and liked him because I felt it added an intimidation factor.

Nowadays though I’m trying to get better at dueling and pvp solo queue and I keep wondering if the fact I’m such a big target is giving me a disadvantage? Is there a reason everyone seems to of transferred over to only playing humans and asura, or is this purely for aesthetic reasons?

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

I’ve had a max size Charr Warrior since early access days and liked him because I felt it added an intimidation factor.

Nowadays though I’m trying to get better at dueling and pvp solo queue and I keep wondering if the fact I’m such a big target is giving me a disadvantage? Is there a reason everyone seems to of transferred over to only playing humans and asura, or is this purely for aesthetic reasons?

As far as I can tell most players play with the standard models active in sPvP, granted it doesn’t work in unranked, and most players prefer humans as a race.

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Animations are harder to see on smaller characters or so some ppl say. I know asura was popular on ele because of aesthetic reasons. Charr isn’t popular probably because of limited fashion choices

Bad Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

I would just stick with your Charr if you like it. Many folks play with standard models, and those that don’t can probably read asuran animations just as well as Charr animations.

in PvP

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I used to have max sized Charr but it started to urk me after a while so I made him the smallest eventually. Contrary to popular belief it actually doesn’t make you easier to target because a person’s square radius is easily found just by seeing your name if they’re actually trying to click to target.
They will see your animations easier though. But you can also use your size to hide ally visuals, turrets, bombs, etc and redirect attention away from them. It was hard to see my Charr Engi’s stuff on ground when he was huge. Smallest Charr is still pretty covering though, but none of that really matters to me too much. PvP can become a cluster**** anyways and most people will still miss sight of little details.
Also as someone else said Charr are very neglected when it comes to fashion. Since they’re not played as much because of it they don’t bother putting extra effort into their armor so it just becomes this endless cycle of neglect.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)