Would it be too bad if ?

Would it be too bad if ?

in PvP

Posted by: Shilajit.9023

Shilajit.9023

so guys I was thinking about too many necro in a match including 9 necro in a single match from another post.
what if there is a class lock for match up what I mean is
there are 9 classes & 5 player in a team so why not lock the class in a team if there is already one of them in that team.

like moba games
if your team has 1 necro ,another necro won’t match up with that team , same goes for other classes.

that way a team will have 5 different classes out of 9 classes , if we do this
now even if the players want to play op class for ez mode they will have to be in a long queue since 1 team is already filled they have to wait for next team in solo queue.

also in team queue use the same thing , if 1 team has 2 same class in a party matchmaking divides them & assign 1 of that same class to another team & put a solo q-er on that team for that match.

what do you guys think?
I think this way you won’t have to worry about 5 dh in a team or 5 reaper or 5 engi etc in a same team.

image not mine

Attachments:

Selling salts to the Salty people.
Only Gankdara Ele

Would it be too bad if ?

in PvP

Posted by: EPYON.2731

EPYON.2731

muhahahaha……lmao.
The balance!? Anet is no idea.
They wasted money to do E-sport again.

Would it be too bad if ?

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

ANet won’t do it, it will make queues too long.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Would it be too bad if ?

in PvP

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

You could just queue as warrior then change to a necro to exploit this.

Would it be too bad if ?

in PvP

Posted by: Shilajit.9023

Shilajit.9023

yeah but then we have to lock his class when he queues up for a match.

like if he switched he won’t get that join window , I’m sure every character/account has ids , so players can only join if the match making id & his current id matches.

now I can see the problem with that too since people will just simply not join that game & the team looses. then again he looses 1 pip too right?
so he can’t just queue up & switch to another also he won’t abandon match since he’ll loose pips too ..

only problem I see in this case is anet have to balance all class haha or people will figure out the balance is bad. xD

Selling salts to the Salty people.
Only Gankdara Ele

Would it be too bad if ?

in PvP

Posted by: Pakkazull.6894

Pakkazull.6894

This only really happens up until ruby, in my experience. It’s a l2p issue.

Would it be too bad if ?

in PvP

BrotherBelial.3094

This is happening all over the “league”, it is not an L2P issue. This is a class that can dish out conditions faster than any other class can remove/negate them. Necro’s have 2 condition transfers, and one condition to boon skill, so really that’s 3 condition removals, to most classes 1(outside of traits of course).

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

Would it be too bad if ?

in PvP

Pakkazull.6894

This is happening all over the “league”, it is not an L2P issue. This is a class that can dish out conditions faster than any other class can remove/negate them. Necro’s have 2 condition transfers, and one condition to boon skill, so really that’s 3 condition removals, to most classes 1(outside of traits of course).

Well, it’s not happening at tier 5 Ruby, at least. In fact, very few of my last 20 games have had duplicates within a team at all, and when there have been two of the same class, one of them usually switched. It’s L2P because, newsflash, 5 reapers in one team is weak.

Are there balance concerns? Yes, but people stacking the same class and not switching for a stronger team comp is 100% a L2P issue.

Would it be too bad if ?

in PvP

BrotherBelial.3094

Well, it’s not happening at tier 5 Ruby, at least. In fact, very few of my last 20 games have had duplicates within a team at all, and when there have been two of the same class, one of them usually switched. It’s L2P because, newsflash, 5 reapers in one team is weak.

Are there balance concerns? Yes, but people stacking the same class and not switching for a stronger team comp is 100% a L2P issue.

Or maybe, just maybe, the system is not the best and needs reworking? Not everything is L2P.

But then I guess because your such a skilled player (you must be your in ruby T5) you would see that everyone else needs to get better at the game.

What ever happened to games being for fun? I mean I know ANet wants to go all ESports, But they already have a league for that, out side of the game. they advertise it enough in game and out. If people want to be that good, or get that good great. More power to them. But most people who play GW2 do it for one thing above all others, fun.

When something stops being fun, people stop playing it. I understand we all have our skill limit I really do. I know I’m not ESL caliber, or even ruby, diamond or legend level.

When ANet said everyone will be able to get the PvP back item, it would just take some longer than others, I like many believed them. but seeing the post from people struggling to get out of amber and the first T in emerald. I don’t see how this is true. And if you but something like this in game mode as a carrot on a stick to get your player base involved you had better make it so people feel like they can progress, not get stomped by team way, way, way better than they are.

Ate the moment the pro’s are having a really easy time of it, and are probably not really having that much fun rolling teams with out really trying, and the teams being rolled over and over are full of players getting more and more disheartened.

If you want to grow a ESport, you do it with leagues, but one’s set up out side of the core game. Where teams who think they are good enough go and play. As it stands not most players feel that PvP only for the super elite, and the game mode they enjoy the most has been taken from them, and there game mode exclusive item is unobtainable for them.

I can already see your response, “go play unranked”. That is not addressing the problem. that’s just thinning the ranked player base, thus defeating ANets objective of growing PvP as an ESport. Why? The more people that have playing Ranked the more chance there is of growing new talent. also the more people playing the shorter the queue times, the more games get played, the more alive PvP feels.

As more times passes,(the league is not even a week old) the longer the queues are getting, they have gone from almost instantly getting a match of upwards of 5 minuets, some have reported longer, over 30 minuets. This shows one of 2 things, or both. people are spreading out, or people have stopped playing the league after less than a week, or a combination of both. people spreading out is a good thing, that sould mean other players should start to fin easier matches, the other side is that if people are spreading out and people are not playing that means that the league has failed in one of it’s aspects of drawing in new talent. But succeeded in making the “best” better. As the will only have each other to play against.

I would hope ANet would want an enjoyable experience for all, not the select few.

Would it be too bad if ?

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

well a simple rule would be nice. Not more then two of a single class on one team ….

Would it be too bad if ?

in PvP

Pakkazull.6894

Or maybe, just maybe, the system is not the best and needs reworking? Not everything is L2P.

Well, I still think it’s a combination of L2P and balance and not something wrong with the league system inherently. Some classes are certainly overtuned, others undertuned, and many are way too easy to play for how powerful they are.

Ate the moment the pro’s are having a really easy time of it, and are probably not really having that much fun rolling teams with out really trying, and the teams being rolled over and over are full of players getting more and more disheartened.

I don’t know about the pros, but games at high tier ruby are really fun and competitive for the most part.

As more times passes,(the league is not even a week old) the longer the queues are getting, they have gone from almost instantly getting a match of upwards of 5 minuets, some have reported longer, over 30 minuets. This shows one of 2 things, or both. people are spreading out, or people have stopped playing the league after less than a week, or a combination of both.

Definitely the former, but probably the latter too, judging from all the complaints on the forum.

I would hope ANet would want an enjoyable experience for all, not the select few.

While I think that this season is a huge step up from season 1 so far, I agree that it could have had a smoother start. Problem is, it’s the first time they’re using this kind of system. Hopefully, season 3 will have some kind of booster system (kind of like Hearthstone, maybe) based on your placement in season 2 to avoid the slaughter in Amber.

Would it be too bad if ?

in PvP

Pakkazull.6894

well a simple rule would be nice. Not more then two of a single class on one team ….

Except that such a rule would attempt to treat the symptom rather than the cause and would needlessly increase queue times.

Would it be too bad if ?

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

well class and build balace would be the better solution…. But will we ever get diversity and balance?

Would it be too bad if ?

in PvP

Pakkazull.6894

Good question.

/15 chars

Would it be too bad if ?

in PvP

BrotherBelial.3094

Well, I still think it’s a combination of L2P and balance and not something wrong with the league system inherently. Some classes are certainly overtuned, others undertuned, and many are way too easy to play for how powerful they are.

I don’t know about the pros, but games at high tier ruby are really fun and competitive for the most part.

As more times passes,(the league is not even a week old) the longer the queues are getting, they have gone from almost instantly getting a match of upwards of 5 minuets, some have reported longer, over 30 minuets. This shows one of 2 things, or both. people are spreading out, or people have stopped playing the league after less than a week, or a combination of both.

Definitely the former, but probably the latter too, judging from all the complaints on the forum.

While I think that this season is a huge step up from season 1 so far, I agree that it could have had a smoother start. Problem is, it’s the first time they’re using this kind of system. Hopefully, season 3 will have some kind of booster system (kind of like Hearthstone, maybe) based on your placement in season 2 to avoid the slaughter in Amber.

While I agree with your post, and I too hope for a booster system in season 3, the slaughter is real in emerald.I’m in T4 and can’t seem to brake in to T5 it took me days to get from T1 – T2, then all of a sudden I jumped from T2-T4. with a win streak. Now I’m back to smashing my self against a win 2 lose 3-5 game merry go round. and very few are close fun games. out of the last week, I can recall 4 games that where great fun, 3 my team won, one we lost. but even the lost was a fun game with well hard won fights. Starting a match to get smashed 100 or 200 points to a win of 500 is sapping the fun out of the game.

The few games I’ve lost that have been close have been the result of not the other team being that much better or making less mistakes, but because of 2-3 players not being able to carry the rest, nor should they have to. Some games it’s easy to see the skill/experience gap in a match in the first few minuets. On both sides of the match up. like when you come up against a team with people who just can’t play the class they are playing. Other times it feels like playing against god’s that just will not die, and waste your team in seconds. By now I would have expected the slaughter to have settled down a bit. But it’s still rampant in the lower leagues.