Would you play deathmatch if it was an option

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.2798

Chase.2798

http://www.strawpoll.me/10078980

Looking to see how much interest there is in both 5v5 td and 15v15 gvg, i know players also want 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3 but i am just wondering about these two situations atm

Big Papa Chase – Warrior and Guardian
Papa’s Lady Luck- Necro
(HELL)

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

if they half kitten it like they did with courtyard, no. i feel like with courtyard they intentionally made it fail so people would give up on deathmatch.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Eagelseye.6312

Eagelseye.6312

I would play for sure

PvP mail DH and Thief, PvE main Staff Tempest/Druid/PS

in PvP

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Until everyone only runs condi/bunker with support tempest teams lol….

in PvP

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

I wonder if TDM would work best with fewer numbers though? 3v3 or 4v4.

One of the main reasons courtyard failed was because people were too lazy to switch to a TDM build. So the team with more TDM or more flexible builds (or ppl who switched) would destroy the other team.

With fewer people, such as a 3v3, builds need to be modified much less.

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

The problem of courtyard was that once you lost a fight, often people would just respawn one by one and get slaughtered. Regroup is even more important than in conquest.

Maybe the mode should be like different rounds, where you don’t respawn once you are dead (so most likely you team has lot), but then you all respawn together on the next round.

For GvG, I would love it, but it feels like it would be impossible to find a game. It is just too many people. GvG could be better supported in sPvP but would really work best with premades only…

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

There already is a TDM and it’s pretty unpopular since it was designed to allow respawns until a score is met or time runs out.

If they made a TDM similar to WoW arenas where the game ends when the enemy team dies (no respawns), I think it’d work out pretty well since the biggest problem with Courtyard is games just resulting in spawn camping when one team becomes the clear victor early on.

The problem is, they’d have to rebuild a lot of the infrastructure of PvP to implement something like that and we’d also need more maps released. Considering how rarely we get a new map, let alone any investment into anything outside of conquest, I don’t anticipate anything like this coming.

in PvP

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

I wonder if TDM would work best with fewer numbers though? 3v3 or 4v4.

One of the main reasons courtyard failed was because people were too lazy to switch to a TDM build. So the team with more TDM or more flexible builds (or ppl who switched) would destroy the other team.

With fewer people, such as a 3v3, builds need to be modified much less.

That’s not entirely true, though it’s part of the problem.

The main problem with the game mode is that with GW2 being as teamfight snowball oriented as it is (aka it’s nearly impossible to win a 1v2 against equal skill players), the way that respawning in courtyard was meant that 1 kill would snowball the entire game.

TDM in a game like this should be round based and only have players have 1 life per round (so when you’re stomped, you’re done until the next round). Each round should have a low timer that counts down to the end of the round, and whoever has more people alive, or wipes the enemy team, wins the round, and the gametype would be a number of rounds to win (best 2 of 3, for instance).

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Only it was. 10 v 10 using WvW builds.

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

5v5 is too many players for TDM. 3v3 should be max roster size. And, yes, I would play that.

We’ve seen the GvG TDM and it’s a mess. Smaller teams work better.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

5v5 is too many players for TDM. 3v3 should be max roster size. And, yes, I would play that.

We’ve seen the GvG TDM and it’s a mess. Smaller teams work better.

Actually no its not and it requires a ton of organization + skill when lowering the numbers.

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

2v2, 3v3, and 5v5 annihilation (no respawn TDM) would be quite fun, they would just need to rework the rewards for quick matches, and try and prevent “runners” which was a huge problem in GW1, and would be even worse with bunkers and stealth in GW2.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

2vs2 or 3vs3 with no respawn and multiple rounds

Ranked off season.

Map with no too many loS spots (A reworked courtyard)

I’m really sure a game mode like this would have more players and spectators than Pro league.

in PvP

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Yes of course but as said, not like Courtyard…

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

The problem of courtyard was that once you lost a fight, often people would just respawn one by one and get slaughtered. Regroup is even more important than in conquest.

Maybe the mode should be like different rounds, where you don’t respawn once you are dead (so most likely you team has lot), but then you all respawn together on the next round.

For GvG, I would love it, but it feels like it would be impossible to find a game. It is just too many people. GvG could be better supported in sPvP but would really work best with premades only…

This point needs to be paid attention to.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

I would play it, but this thread is a poll and will probably get deleted. (I wish they wouldn’t remove the player-base’s voice but they do it on many occasions).
GW1 had a very effective 4vs4 game mode.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Yes

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

5v5 elimination would be the best route. Like courtyard but no respawns. 2 rounds and a tie breaker round. Reduce the size and obstacles in the map to prevent runners.

Bad Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

I was in the minority that enjoyed courtyard, nice change of pace from time to time and I would like to see it come back at least for unranked and hotjoin.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in PvP

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Should be 3 vs 3 in a large, mostly not obstructed, flat area, and the gameplay should be in waves of ~3 minutes or when a full team is wiped, with everyone respawning away from the enemy team at the same time.

So you assemble, a single life per wave, go to the fight in a countdown, and when the time ends the team with most players alive/which wiped the enemy team earns one point. Repeat like 5-6 times, end of the match.

Simple and elegant. Courtyard didn’t work due the bad map design: teams covered behind obstacles until the first nuke and once they had numeric advantage then snowballed the respawn point.

in PvP

Posted by: Caosaur.3871

Caosaur.3871

Yes. I miss RA from gw1 because most of the maps were a simple deathmatch. Other team died? You win. No respawning.
I’d be okay with multiple rounds as well.
They could change up courtyard to be like this, just remove the score limit and make it be multiple rounds. Of course I have no clue how hard it’d be to do that lol.

Being a cancerous roamer on TC.

(edited by Caosaur.3871)

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

3v3 TDM with Rounds and a time limit of 5m per round.
If time limit ends on a round with no stomps, team who had the lowest health threshold between the two teams will determine the winner. BO3

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

No, I find no sportsmanship or pleasure in death match. Nor do I find any real show of skill.

Beside that, there are dueling arenas for that sort of thing.

Removing Courtyard is among the best decisions ANET has made with respect to PvP.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

No, I find no sportsmanship or pleasure in death match. Nor do I find any real show of skill.

Beside that, there are dueling arenas for that sort of thing.

Removing Courtyard is among the best decisions ANET has made with respect to PvP.

Who is it hurting if you have it on a separate queue like stronghold?

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

I would play it, but this thread is a poll and will probably get deleted. (I wish they wouldn’t remove the player-base’s voice but they do it on many occasions).

This thread and poll are not the voice of the “player-base”, it has 581 views and the poll has 95 votes, the poll & thread are also something of a self selecting sample, it is of much more interest and hence much more likely to get a response from those who would like to play deathmatch than anyone else, as the “voice of the player-base” it is basically worthless.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

For sure,ive been wanting deathmatch maps since first year.I love to jump in a game have a few brawls and leave again without the need for sitting on points.

Didn’t like courtyard that much though,i think the map design was a bit off and promotes heavy aoe spamm.

in PvP

Posted by: HappinessFactory.4910

HappinessFactory.4910

No respawn death match would be fun I think. The only issue I see is if you end up with a 1v1 with bunkers oe thieves and everyone has to wait for them to finish…

in PvP

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

5 min time limit, 2 lives each?

in PvP

Posted by: HappinessFactory.4910

HappinessFactory.4910

5 min time limit, 2 lives each?

I like this idea

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Another reason for the failure of TDM is the lack of build template. You don’t build the same way for TDM or conquest. If you introduce build template AND/OR make a separate queue for it, it would immediately be more popular.

The problem with separate queue, and a-net has already mentioned it, is another fractioning of the PvP population which makes good matchmaking more difficult.

in PvP

Posted by: Frank.3791

Frank.3791

Hell yea, totally would.

in PvP

Posted by: HEDRO.2345

HEDRO.2345

I’d like to see that poll with 10000+ votes to actually show the community wants DM?
Never gonna have enough traffic in the pvp forum tho sadly…
Post to reddit

in PvP

Chase.2798

I’d like to see that poll with 10000+ votes to actually show the community wants DM?
Never gonna have enough traffic in the pvp forum tho sadly…
Post to reddit

I dont do redit lol but feel free to do it for me

Papa’s Lady Luck- Necro
(HELL)

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

They need to add in game polls that pop up upon log in with rewards for this kind of thing.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

What if they didn’t do team deathmatch and it was all solo with random spawn points?

in PvP

Chase.2798

What if they didn’t do team deathmatch and it was all solo with random spawn points?

Some classes are much better duelers then other atm classes are not balanced for 1v1s

Papa’s Lady Luck- Necro
(HELL)

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I would play it. I don´t know courtyard. But camping spawn points ruins the game.
There should be a small objecive like one point to hold and a save respawn with teleporters for at least two exits.
Killing a player should award more points like 20 per kill.

So its a bit like an arena. Mid there is the point to fight for. Spawn is shielded and there are two porters that enter the arena left or right. The arena has something like 1500 radius and there is a circle of column at 600 around the center that gives a bit of cover.

So quite easy map setup. Maybe 3:3 would be good here. If its 5:5 its the same as we have just more focused and getting spammy :-). Less the 3 is not good. Its not ment for 1:1 duels.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)