Wouldn't it be fun to introduce other..

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

It’s been years, this has been brought up before many times, but no change so why not tease a little more.
We hear the argument that the spvp is balanced around 5v5, so we have our circles gamemode and ranking system. If I were to be narrowminded I would say that pvp interest has lowered itself due to us only being able to have this gamemode. Yes you could say classbalance has impact on interest, but at least every season theres new tweaks and new builds, where you once again have to adapt, yet few of them are truly strong if you are organized leaving less diversity.

Always the same 5v5 circle maps, with few core builds revolving around these circles. Why not 40v40 map, some crazy big map with mini objectives with each team having a base or an endobjective at each end. Or 1v1. Or 20v20, even 10v10. Capture the flag, king of the hill, something creative. We have good gameplay/combat, why not try something new after all these years. Some may say the playerbase is too small, but if you start with small changes, add a new mode by mode and interest would spark up, yes?
We are on a journey where we still havent fully experienced what gear-equalized pvp could offer. FUN. Or are we still waiting for esports to truly kick off?

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

It’s been years, this has been brought up before many times, but no change so why not tease a little more.
We hear the argument that the spvp is balanced around 5v5, so we have our circles gamemode and ranking system. If I were to be narrowminded I would say that pvp interest has lowered itself due to us only being able to have this gamemode. Yes you could say classbalance has impact on interest, but at least every season theres new tweaks and new builds, where you once again have to adapt, yet few of them are truly strong if you are organized leaving less diversity.

Always the same 5v5 circle maps, with few core builds revolving around these circles. Why not 40v40 map, some crazy big map with mini objectives with each team having a base or an endobjective at each end. Or 1v1. Or 20v20, even 10v10. Capture the flag, king of the hill, something creative. We have good gameplay/combat, why not try something new after all these years. Some may say the playerbase is too small, but if you start with small changes, add a new mode by mode and interest would spark up, yes?
We are on a journey where we still havent fully experienced what gear-equalized pvp could offer. FUN. Or are we still waiting for esports to truly kick off?

What you described is pretty much sums up WvW in a nutshell.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in PvP

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Uuuuuh… not only does OP describe WvW, they also added stronghold in sPvP. Everyone still play conquest because people prefer to exploit bunker builds and fighting like sumo wrestlers on a 5m wide circle.