Wouldn't it be nice if we could level up

in PvP

Posted by: Parktou.4263

Parktou.4263

Wouldn’t it be nice if you cam start a new toon and use sPvP to level up, I like WvW, even though I’m NA t8 WvW is still the funnest part of the game for me. But I have to wait until I hit level 80 to truly be effective in WvW, but at the same time I absolutely dred PvE, not just in this game but in any other game as well, its just not for me. So I ask you, wouldn’t it be nice if we could hop in on a fresh toon and play spvp AND gain exp while doing so, that way I can level up my characters without having to dread the next hour I’m going to spend walking through a forest not enjoying the game that I actually want to enjoy. Doesn’t seem like such a terrible or outlandish idea to me, I’m willing to bet that I can count on my hands the number of players who only ever log into sPvP. Please let me gain exp while sPvPing let me enjoy your game the way I want to enjoy it!!!

Meh, it wont happen but, IT WOULD BE NICE MR DEVELOPERS, IF IT DID.

Shocking Shorty-Asura Tempest | Magnificent Mike-Troll Warrior | Lockpick Louie- Human Daredevil
Fabio Feline- Charr DH | Viktor Virtuoso-Norn Reaper | Pocket Prestige-Asura Chrono
Killer Kasserole-Plant Druid | Frankie Feline-Cat Scrapper | Felix Feline-Charr Herald

in PvP

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Wouldn’t it be nice if getting to Rank 80 didn’t take 20 years?

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

in PvP

Posted by: Parktou.4263

Parktou.4263

lol MMO=grind though, unfortunately

Shocking Shorty-Asura Tempest | Magnificent Mike-Troll Warrior | Lockpick Louie- Human Daredevil
Fabio Feline- Charr DH | Viktor Virtuoso-Norn Reaper | Pocket Prestige-Asura Chrono
Killer Kasserole-Plant Druid | Frankie Feline-Cat Scrapper | Felix Feline-Charr Herald

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I think the sPvP grind to 80 is a very noticeable grind compared to everything else in GW2 though. I’m not sure how much time people have put into PvP, but I think its safe to say that getting Rank 80 is harder than getting multiple legendaries, which already requires some hardcore no life-ing for a few months.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: Zodian.6597

Zodian.6597

what if they just removed rank and built a PvP crafting system where people can use glory to purchase free tourney chests (to salvage for basic mats) + all of the different tokens through a vendor, then lvl up light armor/heavy/medium/weapon crafting and be able to create the stuff that they actually wanted to wear rather than pure RNG and grind. They could even make a pvp auction house for people to buy/sell the gear skins for glory even -for those who don’t want to participate in crafting at all. Just my two cents on this matter I suppose.

Neglekt

in PvP

Posted by: Demonsoul.9271

Demonsoul.9271

what if they just removed rank and built a PvP crafting system where people can use glory to purchase free tourney chests (to salvage for basic mats) + all of the different tokens through a vendor, then lvl up light armor/heavy/medium/weapon crafting and be able to create the stuff that they actually wanted to wear rather than pure RNG and grind. They could even make a pvp auction house for people to buy/sell the gear skins for glory even -for those who don’t want to participate in crafting at all. Just my two cents on this matter I suppose.

I don’t get it.

You do know this is already a thing, right?

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

You know how they have Karma Vials in PvE? I want them. To add EXP vials to tournament win chests. Every vial is worth 25% of a level in PvE and only comes from winning (chests).

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

3000 rank points in the mists should equal a quarter of an Exp bar for your PvE character. In the time it takes to get, say, Champion title for a class I could have raised enough gold to craft 3 alts to 80. But instead I have to grind through the very slow and boring levelling process. The only possible reason I can see for there being a requirement to level to 80 at ALL is so that you’re forced to learn your class, and I can’t see any way to better learn your class than PvP. I guess there has to be a gold sink somewhere and PvP is the mode to take that hit. Don’t know why we can’t have fun and earn stuff at the same time, but anet seem to think they’re mutually exclusive seeing as you can’t earn a single dime outside of maybe a few g if you’re lucky from dyes, wheras cof 1, potentially the most challengeless and boring thing ever, generates money in buckets.

Just SOME way to earn exp for your character in pvp so I can play it in wub would be nice.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Resouled.5614

Resouled.5614

Would be great imo, I absolutely hate PvE and lvling through WvW is just boring since you’re not effective at all at low lvls. Dunno why not really..

[vE] Visceral Effect – Blue

in PvP

Posted by: DaliIndica.9041

DaliIndica.9041

I would love this so much, as I enjoy WvWvW but dont play much as I only have one level 80, anything less and your going to have to zerg it and hope for the best. Make it so that one level costs 5000 glory, thats quite an amount to get. That way we could jump into Wv3, and maybe with that influx, some Wv3 would come into contact with more PVPs and want to go into that as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Draedark.8193

Draedark.8193

So PvP only and then emerge from the mists as a freshly leveled 80 with no gold or gear? Not only would we need ways to make gold and gear ourselves for PvE, it would not seem fair to the PvE/WvW guys who don’t gain PvP levels as a side effect of thier day to day activities.

I like that they are separate for that reason but I hear ya, it’s odd to go to LA once in a while and look like a brand new character again.

Crystal Desert
Two Soul/Bane Midge – Ranger, Prison Riot – Thief, Effing Effer – Guardian
Feel free to contact me for info on the eSPT tPvP guild!

in PvP

Posted by: Zodian.6597

Zodian.6597

I don’t get it.

You do know this is already a thing, right?

The current “crafting system” in pvp is more or less just an RNG fest. What I’m talking about is an actual progression-based crafting system similar to PVE but just with PvP skins. -like lvl1-100 light armor crafting can create light armor gear skins up to the r20 chest rewards with 100% certainty for each result. They could make the skins created tradeable and set up a mini-auction house for mats/skins that worked with glory as a form of currency.

I guess you could say that it’s being done, but the current design of PvP crafting is rely shallow in depth.

Neglekt

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Rank 80. Meh, I want to see who is going to get “Champion Brawler”: 10,000 tournament wins first.

in PvP

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

I know a couple of people that are 3/5 the way there, Ghoul. I just want my bloody Snap Dragon, but a level 20 PvE armor is only accessible at rank 60 in PvP. That’s absolute nonsense.

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.