Year of Ascension Part IV

in PvP

Posted by: Tinkerbee.2873

Tinkerbee.2873

I’m a little confused with the League Elite achievement in part IV.

This season I’m currently at Ruby, which I thought meant I’ve crossed 3 divisions so far this season, and to complete that particular achievement, I would have to get to Diamond.
But from what the achievement is saying, I’ve only crossed 1 division this season. So I will now have to get to Legendary 2 to get this achievement? That doesnt sound right to me. Can anyone explain?

Tinkerbee

in PvP

Tinkerbee.2873

Screenshot of what I mean

Attachments:

Tinkerbee

in PvP

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

Are you sure you had completed Part III Division crossing achievement already? I’m guessing your 2 crossing went there and completed it, and your third started Part IV.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

you can reach ruby in season 3 to clear that achievement

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

This achievement is very confusing in how its worded. So.e have said it is not tied to a single season. But the wording of it would indicate that it would only count divisions in the current active season then reset.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

No, the achievement track for Divisions Cleared is not based on how many you have currently cleared. It just increments whenever you clear a division.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

This achievement is very confusing in how its worded. So.e have said it is not tied to a single season. But the wording of it would indicate that it would only count divisions in the current active season then reset.

the wording is quite clear.

it said “during a pvp season”
never it said “during THIS pvp season”

in PvP

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Same boat here. What the achievement is intended to say is “from now, beat 4 divisions this year”. You (and me) can reach and beat Legendary this season or beat at least 3 divisions more between season 3 and 4.

in PvP

BrotherBelial.3094

the wording is quite clear.

it said “during a pvp season”
never it said “during THIS pvp season”

Strange, I remember is as “in a season”. But I’m going by the ones before this one as I’m on meta achievement 3.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

It says “Cross 4 divisions during a pvp season”… which I read as cross 4 divisions in one go during one season.
After all it doesnt say “Cross 4 divisions during pvp seasons” which would indicate it doesnt get reset after season ends.

I mean, you cant even cross divisions outside of pvp seasons, so why is it then even mentioned there if not to indicate that you need to cross 4 during ONE season?

English… such a confusing language.

in PvP

Posted by: eva lin mcdowl.3978

eva lin mcdowl.3978

So im in the same spot as OP with 1 cross into Part 4 of elite crossing. so I’ll have to get into ruby next season right and not diamond?

in PvP

Posted by: godsie.2864

godsie.2864

it will probably carry on into seasons 5 6 etc so will just take longer maybe next year for me I’m looking at season 6 or 7
it does not get reset after each season mine did not reset after season 1 I suspect its ongoing even after the year is over the backpack is a permanent item just will take much longer for some to get it

(edited by godsie.2864)

in PvP

Tinkerbee.2873

From what I understand, you need to finish part IV this year to be able to get the legendary because next year we get a new item to work towards.

Tinkerbee

in PvP

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

From what I understand, you need to finish part IV this year to be able to get the legendary because next year we get a new item to work towards.

Yes, next year we do get a new legendary, but anet did say there will be a way of obtaining previous years legendaries in the future. They weren’t specific how, but you’re not out of luck if you don’t get them this year.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

in PvP

Posted by: godsie.2864

godsie.2864

My understanding was that the achievements will stay in our hero panel and you would just carry on working on them in the future – nothing has been said that they will be removed from your panel

in PvP

BrotherBelial.3094

Yes, next year we do get a new legendary, but anet did say there will be a way of obtaining previous years legendaries in the future. They weren’t specific how, but you’re not out of luck if you don’t get them this year.

the easy way to do this would be that to start the new legendary meta, you would have to have completed the old meta one’s first.