Year of Ascension for single profession plz?

in PvP

Posted by: TheQuickFox.3826

TheQuickFox.3826

Could you please make it possible to complete the Year of the Ascension achievements with a single character? I’ve been playing PvP quite a bit recently with my main Elly and only active character. Currently reached the Champoin Magus title but the Year of the Ascension are stuck for me because they currently require at least two different professions.

Ascalon will prevail!

GW Wiki user page  |  GW2 Wiki user page

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

So you want to make the not-so-legendary backpack into even less legendary by simplifying the requirements? People already complain it’s too easy to get.

Honestly you need to get behind the fact that you will need to alt if you want to progress those achievements. It’s made that way because they want you to go through the effort of trying out new classes. Effort is what makes you earn that LEGENDARY.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Honestly you need to get behind the fact that you will need to alt if you want to progress those achievements. It’s made that way because they want you to go through the effort of trying out new classes. Effort is what makes you earn that LEGENDARY.

The problem with requiring alting is that it means you have to effectively throw a season in order to get it. If you are someone that really cares about performing well in PvP the Ascension is nearly impossible because nobody that cares about their rating is going to go play classes they aren’t as comfortable with.

You literally have to whelp a season to get the backpack.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Everyone has the back pack, so if Anet wants to make it 1 class. Im fine with that.

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

The problem with requiring alting is that it means you have to effectively throw a season in order to get it. If you are someone that really cares about performing well in PvP the Ascension is nearly impossible because nobody that cares about their rating is going to go play classes they aren’t as comfortable with.

I doubt they care about their rating in the first place if they can’t play, or can’t learn to play more than 1 class…

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

Posted by: Itz Jay.8941

Itz Jay.8941

Dude, learn to play other classes. This season I expanded and learnt to play each class in a few hours and was still winning ranked games with them in gold, it’s not that hard. Mechanically only the first team fight should matter, after that you just need to make momentum and carry it. Map awareness and team work will carry games a lot harder than your mechanical skill.

The achievements are easy. Clearly you haven’t tried them otherwise you wouldn’t be making this post. From someone who has learnt all the classes fast, I would recommend learning guardian/theif/engineer for quick learning and effectiveness at a lower mechanical skill, especially after the patch.

in PvP

Crinn.7864

I doubt they care about their rating in the first place if they can’t play, or can’t learn to play more than 1 class…

Being mediocre at several classes is worse than being exceptional at one. There is a reason that nearly all of the ESL players played 1 maybe 2 classes.

YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Aylpse.6280

Aylpse.6280

It’s quite literally the easiest legendary to get, picking up more classes will make you a better player in the long run. Not trying to be mean but tough it out.

Taking the higher moral ground since 1993.

in PvP

Posted by: Frost.5017

Frost.5017

Could you please make it possible to complete the Year of the Ascension achievements with a single character? I’ve been playing PvP quite a bit recently with my main Elly and only active character. Currently reached the Champoin Magus title but the Year of the Ascension are stuck for me because they currently require at least two different professions.

It’s too bad you’re late to the party. Many people just played on their main or class the enjoyed playing and then swapped to another once the match was in the bag to get the ‘win’ on other classes. This isn’t really an option now as Anet has made changes to the disconnect time allowed.

(edited by Frost.5017)

in PvP

Posted by: Raiden The Beast.3016

Raiden The Beast.3016

Everyone has the back pack, so if Anet wants to make it 1 class. Im fine with that.

True … for sure better than play classes U have no idea how to play and destroy the game for your mates

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

True … for sure better than play classes U have no idea how to play and destroy the game for your mates

Anet gave the option to have class specific ratings for S6. The community past on it.

Thats 1, Two did you see the leader board this past season?

I finished S5 with a rating of 1708 and dropped on the last day from 1740 as i tried to get into the top 250. That same rating would of gave me a top 75 spot in S6. LEts just be honest of the situation, S6 of Gw2 PvP was full of average and below average players.

Still multiple accounts in the top 100 from a few ESL players. Think about that, in the top 100 i thought i saw 5 alt accounts so that means that those people with 1600 rating could of been in the top 250 if it wasnt for people have multiple alt and there mains on the LB.

I ran full trap ranger with entangle just to goof off in S6 to get my tickets, i also ran a glass rifle warrior and was still in gold 3.

Lets not sit here and pretend that people are maining 1 class only, are in Plat + division still trying to get a back piece when the majority of us finished it in S2. Man this guy must be ruining all those high level gold games :|

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

Being mediocre at several classes is worse than being exceptional at one. There is a reason that nearly all of the ESL players played 1 maybe 2 classes.

You can’t be exceptional at a class unless you understand how to play all the other classes. There is only so much you can pick up from dueling another class. The off season is long enough to pick up a new class.

in PvP

Posted by: Itz Jay.8941

Itz Jay.8941

You can’t be exceptional at a class unless you understand how to play all the other classes. There is only so much you can pick up from dueling another class. The off season is long enough to pick up a new class.

Exactly. We’re talking about winning 30 games on two other classes to get your achievements for the leg backpack, not winning games at ESL level.

OP could easily start on his two least favoured classes next season and then climb his way up once finished the achievements.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

at this point why do u all still care if how easy it is to get? i got mine 1st week of season 2 and pretty much stop using it by the end of that season. for it already lost its prestige (if ever there is one) so i say just give it to them (make it easier) for all i care. Anet have said that every year (4 season) we get new back piece . what happen to that? broken promises.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Crinn.7864

And the best way to understand other classes is to creep on the top level players of that class, and to read and follow buildcrafting for that class, and to monitor discussions among members of that class.

In my entire time in Gw2 I’ve played 7 matches on Mesmer. However I still know every trait Mesmer has, I know how all of their weapon and utility skills work, I know how all of their main builds both meta and sub-meta function. I know about all the phase retreat terrain exploits, and I know all relevant applications of portal.

Moreover playing the class yourself just causes you to view that class through your own capabilities, not through the optimal capabilities of the class.

Exactly. We’re talking about winning 30 games on two other classes to get your achievements for the leg backpack, not winning games at ESL level.

Still requires throwing a season.
Also some of us have mmrs high enough to be playing against ESL players.

YouTube

(edited by Crinn.7864)

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

And the best way to understand other classes is to creep on the top level players of that class, and to read and follow buildcrafting for that class, and to monitor discussions among members of that class.

In my entire time in Gw2 I’ve played 7 matches on Mesmer. However I still know every trait Mesmer has, I know how all of their weapon and utility skills work, I know how all of their main builds both meta and sub-meta function. I know about all the phase retreat terrain exploits, and I know all relevant applications of portal.

Moreover playing the class yourself just causes you to view that class through your own capabilities, not through the optimal capabilities of the class.

Still requires throwing a season.
Also some of us have mmrs high enough to be playing against ESL players.

I find it hard to believe anyone that is good enough to be vsing the top players every match:
1) Doesn’t already have the requirements met.
2) isn’t good enough to win matches on more than one class.
3) couldn’t climb back up to the top on their main IF they tanked their rating.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

To the above posters, there’s many players who solo ranked to Plat and without multiclassing once.

I’m not saying reaching top (X) rank should be a requirement, I’m just saying that multiclassing is less of a skill factor and more of an annoying, unnecessary hurdle. Compared this “skill requirement” to things like:

• Win percentages,
  • Number of ranked games won or played,
  • Maintaining a rank
  • Consecutively reaching a division each season.
  • Win streaks

There’s nothing good in having that one player who must queue with a class he/she doesn’t play. This benefits no one, definitely not his team.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

I think your threshold for trying out new classes might be too big. The off-season is indeed long enough to learn a new class to a decent level, as long as you don’t pick up one of the high skill floor classes like thief or mesmer. (although condi thief skill floor is kinda debatable atm) As someone said earlier, rotation skills and map awareness trump mechanical skill with your class by a long haul. And those are skills you learn for any class.

It may be a good idea for anyone learning a new class to try out a class that plays similarly to your main. Bruiser for bruiser, healer to healer, and figure out what the differences are, then work off of that to improve.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.