You Guys Really Did A Poor Job.

in PvP

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

You seem to continue to compound your mistakes so much so that the spvp portion of the game in its current state is almost unplayable. You have lots of bells and whistles like solo que and the tourney, but your players don’t want to play in the environment you guys have created… wait I take it back they do want to but really can’t.

This was a post of mine from months ago….

Your hyperbole about how obscene the DPS of engineers is is blatantly mistaken.

OP: I don’t think HGH needs a nerf. A few other things just need a buff to get them into the meta.

With warrior I agree If it is there plan to put warriors in this roll since they have boon hate it would be understandable that they would be able to dps a bunker down. Necro and engi are currently fighting over this role one with boon stripping and the other with pure dps. I don’t consider engi a legit bunker buster you guys have no boon stripping or boon hate just such op dps.

If they buff necro def alone after after everyone tests it we will be right back where we started If necro dmg is buffed as well engi will be replaced.
or
Lets say that engi dps becomes the bench mark all dps are brought up to this point over time. Well then there is no point in having bunkers as they are just low dps players and in turn making bunker busters pointless.

….are you telling me that I have more foresight than the people working on this game.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

hey while we are on the topic of players that predicted spvp fails months in advance, here is one of my most upvoted posts from 5 months ago:

Hello everyone, here are my proposed changes for how to fix pvp. I don’t think I will hear many disagreements from the players, but the dev team won’t like it because it basically means they’ve done everything wrong up until now.

I have been watching since day 1, and I have said since then that what you need is: matchmaking. Now you guys are starting to do it, but the player count is so low, it has a high chance to fail (“Why do I fight high rank ppl all the time???” asks a rank 9).

I propose a drastic plan to stop the hemorrhaging player-base, and grow your mmr system so it actually works and people can start to come back.

1. Temporarily Disable Hotjoin
  2. Temporarily Disable 3-Round Tournies
  3. Add Real Solo-Queue Tourny System
    • Add Button on Screen When In Mists To “Join Solo Now”

Your player base is all over the place. Focus on your core. People want to play and not get stomped. Hotjoin is “OK” but it is diverting what few people you have away from where they are needed most. A solo queue can easily give what most players want: instant action. It has the added benefit of being likely to give players the game experience at their level. Newbies won’t be overwhelmed by zergs of rank 30+ thieves and eles. Ranks 30+ people will be able to play games that are challenging but not impossible to win. It should allow winners to continue playing for as long as they keep winning (perhaps cap it at 3, or 5, or 10). Sure, people can leave in the middle of the game, and that sucks for other people, but as soon as they lose they can get back in with a full team.

I repeat, you are losing players daily. Cut your loses, close the wound, and focus what players you have into a proper experience that they can tell their friends about.

Good luck.

in PvP

Thesilentflute.8761

I was talking about the classes, but lets go ahead and talk about the systems for a short moment.

Milo they did all of those things apart from disable hot join…. so your to blame lol, and I didn’t understand anything from the bottom half of the page.

The way solo works is fine the problem is that instead of it being completely random like it was before the leaderboards. They have moved to this hierarchy system instead of saying well if you get stuck with lv ones tough kitten that’s rng it means there are new people coming into our game mode do your best to teach them how to play.

They said we have a problem with high ranked players getting matched with low ranked teams solo quing in team que. So they thought lets make sure that our solo system ranks players rating and then matches the teams so we know everyone on a team is on around the same lv and it does for the most part.

In reality though they are just compounding a problem they should not have. There should not be any matchmaking system in solo que if a team gets a good player good for them maybe he will teach them something and if a good player gets stuck with a bunch of bads tough kitten maybe you will be able to teach them something.

The rating/matchmaking system only had value in team que before we had solo que now that we do its worthless in both.

(edited by Thesilentflute.8761)

in PvP

Thesilentflute.8761

While there are issues with the systems the class problems are much worse and have a much larger effect on play in spvp. I personally can’t enjoy even hot join the way the “meta” is now not that hot join was a grand thing to begin with.

in PvP

Posted by: PartTimeSaint.6495

PartTimeSaint.6495

While there are issues with the systems the class problems are much worse and have a much larger effect on play in spvp. I personally can’t enjoy even hot join the way the “meta” is now not that hot join was a grand thing to begin with.

I agree. A friend gifted me this game and really the only thing keeping me playing is not wanting to seem like a kitten and not even giving it a chance, but the spvp in this game is so kitten.

I get that they “don’t want to change things with a tournament coming up” but let’s be real; who cares about your tournament when the game’s pvp has such a small following anyways? Anet is attempting to appease a portion of the playerbase that, unless something is done quickly, will be irrelevant.

Yea you made your ‘pros’ happy for A tournament and now the rest of the players have gotten fed up and peaced out. Not exactly the right decision to put so much emphasis on something without the structure to support it.

in PvP

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

I do find it hilarious how the “top players” don’t like the “meta” now, the causal players don’t like the “meta” now, a large majority of players agree that it’s ridiculous to watch and follow people dropping like flies to mass aoe conditions that don’t show up when spectating, people mass ressing randomly, making watching the game awful so the general population at PAX won’t like it…. And they still refuse to change anything.

in PvP

Thesilentflute.8761

@ Part Time Saint
I feel ya man one of my buddies bought the game two weeks ago and felt the exact same way this is a guy I know in real life and did arena with in wow for around 8 years It sucks that first impressions are so important cause I prolly won’t get him back.

@jzaku
Are you implying that my view was molded by someone else?… My quote is from months ago. I don’t know who the “Top Players” are lol and I don’t know what anyone considers casual, but there are only like 460 people in NA with more wins than myself and I have not tpvped since they obliterated the balance in this game.

Oh well that doesn’t matter when it comes to how it looks, I could care less…. I just want to be able enjoy my game again.

(edited by Thesilentflute.8761)

in PvP

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Honestly GW2 is pulling a Gears of War: Judgement. If the devs keep making “their” game, then they will be the only ones left to play it besides the people who payed to autoattack their way through just about the easiest PvE content imaginable.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Atm am taking my 3rd beak of this game… I will give it another chance in a couple of months but atm I am actually enjoying the game I’m playing, if gw2 keeps on not delivering, it will be the last time I quit. I’ve been playing online games for far too long and my patience and tolerance are at the limit.

in PvP

Thesilentflute.8761

I think you guys both have good points.
@ jcbroe
Sometimes people start to believe their own hype. Is it fun? No not really.

@ volrath
Maybe I should stop wasting my time on these forums and go play a game I enjoy aswell.

in PvP

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Yeah I can’t remember the last time I had fun in this game. Honestly, it’s just something for me to do while I’m bored after a long days work and feel like drinking a lot. I mean, it would be different if the meta was actually competitive and the game actually required skill. But at times it just seems like the game is centered around passive play, which takes no skill, and then cleaving or AoEing in a certain area, which again, really takes no skill.

I think people (including devs) grossly overestimate the skill ceiling of this game. The mechanics and the gameplay are honestly so simplistic that I’m surprised that “esports” was ever mentioned.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in PvP

Posted by: Silentshoes.1805

Silentshoes.1805

Volrath,

What are you playing?

The Alien (condi necro),That Wreckin Crew (Mesmer)
Silentshoes (Thief), Wind of the Woods (condi ranger)

in PvP

Thesilentflute.8761

I will still prolly pop on for guild events, but I am downloading shadowrun returns right now didn’t realize it came out two weeks ago. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1613260297/shadowrun-returns.

I am sure it will be cool, but if not ill finish off the divine divinity series
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_Divinity

Until age of decadence comes out http://irontowerstudio.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

I said the game needs more play style diversity, NOT BUILD DIVERSITY.
Then they announced several days later, just that, then updated the longbow for ranger so now it’s actually viable.

Do players have more knowledge of their own game? Yes.
Do they listen to the players? Yes.
Can I beat every single ArenaNet employee in 1v1? Yes.
Can we come up with better idea’s than ArenaNet? Yes.

ArenaNet really needs to get their priorities straight with updates.

in PvP

Thesilentflute.8761

Shadowrun returns was super fun check it out. Now to see if I can get caught up before the new divine divinity comes out.

While I think the way they are doing it is silly whats done is done and the game play will get better over the next few months and hopefully we will have better balance with all the classes used.

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Everyone has been saying that since beta.

At this point…. the fact that the game’s population was toast after only half~ a year, with a one-time-fee setup and one of the highest box sales… it kind of speaks for itself.
Anyone with a lick of common sense can see that GW2 flopped in next to every way imaginable

-they tried to remake the que-system, SPvP servers and ‘tournaments’, but it ended up as something that has always been driving away players…. free-paid tournies, the majority of competitive players left as they had 30+ minute ques… just plain old ‘tournaments’ turned into the token ‘hotjoin’ of any other game, with a hurting MMR that forces ‘premade or bust’….
-terribly undertested combat/class-design…
-most people hate conquest…
-the PvP ‘glory’ is useless for anything but getting carpal-tunnel making dyes…
-combo fields, great concept, could have been the missing link between allies, the thing to give the game innate teamwork between players, BUT ended up being a trashy minor rotation->buff source…
-they added in body blocking, but made it worthless short of by masses of minions…

Seriously, next to everything I can think of in this game was shoddily made at best…
Anyways, with that last blarb, I can only speak for myself… and the dozen people I bought the game with.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Thesilentflute.8761

The combat/class-design is great though it doesn’t shine because aoe is really the only mechanic that can be seen with the current imbalance. A few months ago spvp was fun though it had balance issues even then noted above. Since then we have had the addition of new abilities (torment) it will require re-balance this will take time what bothers me the most is that the balance issues from months ago were not only not addressed but were exacerbated. While I do believe there are problems its not in the games core it is balance and obvious incompetence or neglect on the part of the spvp team.

in PvP

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Honestly GW2 is pulling a Gears of War: Judgement. If the devs keep making “their” game, then they will be the only ones left to play it besides the people who payed to autoattack their way through just about the easiest PvE content imaginable.

Everyone has their opinions of course on why this game has failed to deliver on the PVP side but I think the above statement is pretty uncontestable. It’s been clear for a long time now that whoever makes the design decisions in Anet doesn’t rate player viewpoints very highly because the same ciriticisms of the game keep coming up again and again (lack of choice/weak traits/weak skills, downed state/rally, lack of WVW content/single pvp mode, slow/bad balance decisions) but nothing really changes, the game continues to lurch along on its own trajectory.

It’s not that surprising, if your customers have all paid up front & you’re not beholden to your customers for a subscription, then there’s no financial compulsion to listen to the demographic that isn’t doing the spending.

downed state is bad for PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Bulde.3728

Bulde.3728

Just my 2 cents. I hear a lot of people complaining about the “meta”, condi, etc. It makes me a little sick to hear so many people complaining about it…whine whine….I say this because my main has been a warrior since day 1. If anyone has ever had room to complain, it was us warriors. You don’t have much room to complain until you have played what was the weakest class in the game for a quite a while.

Now, that said, what people need to be more concerned with (and the devs need to address) are not so much meta (the player base determines the meta ppl…) are the SYSTEMS currently in place. MMR/matchmaking, etc. is completely broken. There also needs to be a requirement that one is first X rank before they can queue for tournaments. I have literally had people on my team (solo q and team q) where they were rank 1 and never played a single match….or a hotmatch for that matter. This is a major problem. Reach rank 15 or 20 atleast before you can even queue for any tournie so you can learn the basics and have a remote clue as to what you are doing.

in PvP

Thesilentflute.8761

Even though people talk about how bad warrs were I would take them in my pug tpvp groups because I knew good warriors they were almost just as good as a thief for fast responding and better at objectives. The whole warr drop was because warrs could no longer insta gib people and objectives with 1k blades+haste good warriors were still functional and though they did need a small buff it was taken overboard. When the game is fixed and aoe and condi is toned down warr will most likely be top class.