You Should Apologize for Season 1

in PvP

Posted by: wanderguy.5627

wanderguy.5627

This pvp league season was a complete mess. There were so many problems, ranging from cross division premade teams to immortal bunkers. There was nothing good about it. This forum is filled with pages upon pages complaining about the broken stupidity of league play, and not a single post praising it. This used to be my favorite mmo, but over the course of these months I’ve uninstalled the kitten game 3 times in frustration. And after every time, I come back hoping things will be different I find them worse off than before.

The worst part of this farce was the pip loss system. What kind of fool thought of punishing people for playing this game? This is the root of all the ill will, all the hatred directed at you pvp devs. I can spend days getting the pips to cross divisions, and lose it all in an afternoon with a 20 game loss streak. I wouldn’t give a flying kitten if I lost 65 games in a row if not for pip loss. But you chose to punish players that don’t play in a group, play one of the professionally mandated meta classes, or downright cheat. If the game takes away the work I put into it, then I wasted my time, my life, playing it.

You need to be sorry for your mistake, and you need to tell us that you’re sorry. People should never lose progress. Hours/days/months of time playing this game gone in an hour or less. If we don’t hear from you that this was a mistake that you’re sorry for, we can’t be sure you won’t use it elsewhere. Exp loss for not logging in regularly? Drop rate debuff for not playing enough hours per day? If this idea isn’t stopped now, we could potentially lose years of progress.

I don’t care if this post gets my account banned. If I get kicked out of the game, so be it. I’ve been playing since launch, but you don’t have my confidence anymore.

You were wrong to do this, to put progression loss into this game in any way shape or form. You needed to hear that you made a mistake that might ruin, and then inevitably tank the game. You should be sorry for what you’ve done.

in PvP

Posted by: Snorcha.7586

Snorcha.7586

This pvp league season was a complete mess. There were so many problems, ranging from cross division premade teams to immortal bunkers. There was nothing good about it. This forum is filled with pages upon pages complaining about the broken stupidity of league play, and not a single post praising it. This used to be my favorite mmo, but over the course of these months I’ve uninstalled the kitten game 3 times in frustration. And after every time, I come back hoping things will be different I find them worse off than before.

The worst part of this farce was the pip loss system. What kind of fool thought of punishing people for playing this game? This is the root of all the ill will, all the hatred directed at you pvp devs. I can spend days getting the pips to cross divisions, and lose it all in an afternoon with a 20 game loss streak. I wouldn’t give a flying kitten if I lost 65 games in a row if not for pip loss. But you chose to punish players that don’t play in a group, play one of the professionally mandated meta classes, or downright cheat. If the game takes away the work I put into it, then I wasted my time, my life, playing it.

You need to be sorry for your mistake, and you need to tell us that you’re sorry. People should never lose progress. Hours/days/months of time playing this game gone in an hour or less. If we don’t hear from you that this was a mistake that you’re sorry for, we can’t be sure you won’t use it elsewhere. Exp loss for not logging in regularly? Drop rate debuff for not playing enough hours per day? If this idea isn’t stopped now, we could potentially lose years of progress.

I don’t care if this post gets my account banned. If I get kicked out of the game, so be it. I’ve been playing since launch, but you don’t have my confidence anymore.

You were wrong to do this, to put progression loss into this game in any way shape or form. You needed to hear that you made a mistake that might ruin, and then inevitably tank the game. You should be sorry for what you’ve done.

They certainly took the “N” out of “FUN”.

in PvP

Posted by: EgyptRaider.3946

EgyptRaider.3946

The last thing Anet needs to do is apologize to ego’s who demand that the game is designed around their own wishes and fears to be confronted with the fact that maybe competitive games aren’t about progress all the time.

I’ve been pvp’ing for a very long, I consider myself casually good and have not been able to get out of emerald.
Big deal. You win some, you lose some. Maybe you should try to concentrate your frustrations on things that actually matter in life… It’s a game for god’s sake. Why people can take this so high is beyond me.

(edited by EgyptRaider.3946)

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

I could live with pips lost, IF only anet’s matchmaking would WORK properly and the amount you can LOOSE is LIMITED. But FORCING a 50% wl ratio and then taking away the whole work done just because OMG I got over 50% wins, THATS stupid on so many different levels.

50% wl ratio and loosing pips NEEDED for progression should NEVER have made it into the same system. The one EXCLUDES the other. Common logic says that.

The amount of FRUSTRATION I had due to this stupid league, be it because of people cheating their way to legendary or Anet doing NOTHING to stop it, be it because of STUPID matchmaking system and STUPID mmr… its staggering.

I look back the last few months and all I see is: hate, frustration, toxicity. Not a single… not even ONE SINGLE moment of fun. It was work work work, not a single match was fun. I actually started to DREAD logging in and playing 3 matches a day. Some days I didnt log in at all, just because I was EXHAUSTED by this league system. Even though before league I always made time for logging in and playing a bit.

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I’m my opinion there was nothing wrong with season 1 that won’t be ‘wrong’ with season 2 and other future seasons. The bunker meta was fun for me because I do not die constantly and I can really contribute to my team by holding 2 people on a point instead of Regularly dying in 1v1s that I should win, like I used to. The pip loss system is awful yes, I have never felt worse when playing any video game in my life than when I earn 3 pips with hard-earned victories and then to lose all 3 in one game because of an afk/dc or just a big loss. However, I accept that this system needs to stay, otherwise I would just not even care if I win or lose and would pay much less attention to playing if it was removed because I know I will get to legendary eventually no matter what I do. Leagues really would become a ‘who can farm the most?’ Competition if pip loss was removed entirely and that defeats the whole purpose of why they were introduced. As for getting matched against pre-made teams as solo queue, it isn’t much of a problem because I only encountered a few and I played hundreds of games since leagues started so I really don’t mind either way if the ability to be matched with 5-man premades is kept or removed.
Really the only thing that can be changed about season 2 is the meta and the matchmaking system, neither of which were an issue for me at all. You will end up with a 50% win/loss ratio no matter what the matchmaking system bases its decisions on though so you could argue that they can’t even change that.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

(edited by suffish.4150)

in PvP

Posted by: Baseleader.4128

Baseleader.4128

I just don’t understand the criticism? The pip loss system is completely necessary, else literally everyone will get to Legendary. I think there are problems with the matchmaking for sure, noone will deny that. But you can’t honestly criticise the pip system?! Everyone gets through amber cause you can’t lose pips. Getting to Ruby is really easy aswell because you cant lose divisions so its simply a matter of time. And then it starts getting higher, which is only logical. Legendary should be an achievement you worked hard on. It shouldn’t be about farming games and get there with certainty.

50% wl ratio isn’t forced on you. You’re supposed to be a positive force for your team that drives that ratio up, or play with a group and dominate. Casual pvpers like me get like kitten wl or sth and i got too diamond fairly easily. And then real good pvpers can lift it to 65-70% and get to legendary fairly quickly and keep building there.

Not being able to lose pips would truly ruin the season, it would take any fun/prestige away

in PvP

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

The last thing Anet needs to do is apologize to ego’s who demand that the game is designed around their own wishes and fears to be confronted with the fact that maybe competitive games aren’t about progress all the time.

I’ve been pvp’ing for a very long, I consider myself casually good and have not been able to get out of emerald.
Big deal. You win some, you lose some. Maybe you should try to concentrate your frustrations on things that actually matter in life… It’s a game for god’s sake. Why people can take this so high is beyond me.

Not running a ptr, nor asking players for balance tips.
Also, releasing a game without testing pvp and started the first season without checking both matchmaking and balance… i know it’s a game man, but still they should read and watch what they gave.

And what about s2?
I am kinda worried about, cause they are not asking for help.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Leagues are only meaningful content when they accurately represent how effective you are in a PvP match. This means that until you figure out how to become more effective, PIP loss is necessary to slow or stop progression.

Choosing to utilize options favored by current balance – still a part of the player’s choices, and ability to adapt.

However, amber shopping being too good / necessary to get qpops, this was is a serious and legitimate criticism. Fortunately it’s been fixed, and queue times fixed as well.

Season 2 from my perspective looks like it’ll be an improvement.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: Groonz.7825

Groonz.7825

It’s too late for an apology, for me they’ve ruined pvp when HoT came out and then the league amplified that hate. Used to pvp every now and then before HoT for some casual fun but now, I just can’t stand it.

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Anet thinks its great and complaints are part of the mmo community. Minority complains, rest are happily enjoying the game in their eyes.

in PvP

Posted by: Shinobi.3240

Shinobi.3240

It wasn’t that bad.
Yes the meta was boring. Balance non existant.
Yes some kittens abused the system. Happens.
The guys working at Arenanet are not perfect, they do make mistakes, gave AI and passives a bit too much love etc.
But overall this game is still awesome.
Try out another mmo and come back to appreciate what you have here.
Only things you care about can make you rage.
Keep giving constructive feedback and hope for the best.

Best regards!

Shino

Shinobi Sicarius [ Thief / Lvl: 80 / PvP Rank: 250+]
[5/8 Champion Titles – Legendary Division] [19k+ AP]
[BEER – Dungeon Riders – Desolation]

in PvP

EgyptRaider.3946

Also, releasing a game without testing pvp and started the first season without checking both matchmaking and balance… i know it’s a game man, but still they should read and watch what they gave.

And what about s2?

Certainly I would agree with you here.
I’m mostly voicing against the OP and his hard, way too ridiculous, post demanding an apology… That sort of attitude is just plainly rude, egocentric and not necessary at all.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Would apology really do anything tho? Besides why would they apologize? Hot is success apparently and they didn’t force you to play the game.

Not saying that leagues or current class balance are fine (i switched to bns and pretty much quit gw2) but let’s be realistic here – they do not care about us. They made profit and that’s fine with them.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Locuz.2651

Im currently advising friends to not come to GW2.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Im currently advising friends to not come to GW2.

lol me too

i also told people in bns not to play gw2

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: chibbi.3706

chibbi.3706

The worst part of this farce was the pip loss system. What kind of fool thought of punishing people for playing this game? This is the root of all the ill will, all the hatred directed at you pvp devs.

Pips and division are supposed to be something to measure your skill, not something to grind through to get your shiny, bad looking wings.
It’s a kittening good thing that you can lose pips, and as a matter of fact you should also be able to lose pips and tier in lower divisions.

Wtf is wrong with you people ?

in PvP

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

False.

If ita meant to test player skill, start then to remove:

- track reward progress
- achievements
- daily quests
- league track rewards
- stronghold
- mixed premades and soloq
- unfair matchmaking

From ranked arenas.
The ones who remain will be the ones really are there for spvp.

in PvP

Posted by: lloydst.6985

lloydst.6985

pip loss is a must however losing pips because some1 dc’d / left is gonna get fixed:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/plz-make-this-a-thing/first#post5939026
however i find that being punished for solo queing really really bad i have had a kitten ton of games where people were basically afk on home or just feeding the enemy at mid and being kittened about rotating, and thats in all divisions even legendary

roaming/havoc commander of FTF

in PvP

Yasi.9065

pip loss is a must however losing pips because some1 dc’d / left is gonna get fixed:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/plz-make-this-a-thing/first#post5939026
however i find that being punished for solo queing really really bad i have had a kitten ton of games where people were basically afk on home or just feeding the enemy at mid and being kittened about rotating, and thats in all divisions even legendary

This.

I had a game where I held two points – alone. Running from point to point constantly defending against 1-2 while my “team” fed the enemy team enough points on close for enemy team to win.
And what do I get? I loose two pips. I loose two pips for excellent work, because the rest of my team plays bs. The team anet decided should win. The team anet put me in because they decided with my mmr I should carry them.

There’s a point where you simply can not carry the other 4 anymore, even if you play brilliantly, doing EVERYTHING right, winning every point and holding it. You loose simply because your team force feeds points to the enemy because yes, they are actually THAT bad.

How can this even happen? How can I even get put on the same team with someone that has absolutely no clue how to pvp and just tunnelvisions to close the whole match just to instantly die there. And not just one, no…. I get put on a team with FOUR of those. Four.

(edited by Yasi.9065)

in PvP

Yasi.9065

But its not only the pip loss thats toxic. Anet taking WEEKS to react to tanking mmr and smurfing, not to mention… stronghold farming is still going on… With unbalanced builds from the start, impossible to beat builds. Not just op, but really impossible to kill builds.

People cheating their way to legendary with Anet doing NOTHING about it. No ban, no warning, nothing.

Broken mmr. Broken 50% wl system. Broken builds. Broken achievements. And Anet did…… nothing.

Season 1 was a desaster. Making more players leave for good than attracting new players. Making players hate pvp. Creating a toxic environment.

This all could have been avoided with one or two FAST hotfixes. Removing Stronghold from league, fixing bunker chrono and mmr tanking a day or two after it was first posted on this forum/reddit. Resetting mmr, LIKE THEY ANNOUNCED on league start.
What did we get instead? A patch that made it impossible to play pvp at all for two days straight because of screwed up matchmaking pitting amber against legendarys.
A patch that fixed smurfing THREE WEEKS after it was first posted on reddit.

Season 1 was a total catastrophe. And season 2 wont be any different, wanna bet?

in PvP

Locuz.2651

U make it sound as if they care. Esports was a marketing thing. You think anyone in their right mind thought that GW2 has even the slightest chance of being a legit esports game

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

The stronghold farming is intended behavior. People taking a comp and using a strategy they know is optimal to win. Now that stronghold was solved it’s time they remake the map so there’s no clear cut solution to winning on the map and in a way where any class can shine.

in PvP

Posted by: HipposWild.7185

HipposWild.7185

And what about s2?

I’m mostly voicing against the OP and his hard, way too ridiculous, post demanding an apology… That sort of attitude is just plainly rude, egocentric and not necessary at all.

If I sold you a table and it showed up with three legs you’d have a right to be angry with me right? Especially if I spent months telling you how awesome your table is going to be right? They sold a product not as described and genuinely incomplete so yes people have a right to be angry. I think it’s more arrogant to show no remorse or responsibility for your actions.

#1 of all #1 players as ranked by a fair and unbiased committee

in PvP

EgyptRaider.3946

And what about s2?

If I sold you a table and it showed up with three legs you’d have a right to be angry with me right? Especially if I spent months telling you how awesome your table is going to be right? They sold a product not as described and genuinely incomplete so yes people have a right to be angry. I think it’s more arrogant to show no remorse or responsibility for your actions.

Cept for the fact that the whole league system was part of a later patch; not the main content of HoT; Stronghold was. The comparison between a random defect table and a mmo game that is constantly updated and changed through the internet is wrong in so many places that it’s useless to make it in the first place.

in PvP

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Losing pips is fine, but in recent one week a big percentage of my losses have been because of a team mate has been disconnected. Several matches started up 4 vs 5 and only at the end of the match it was full 5 vs 5. Sometimes it happened several times per day. Losing 1-2 pips because of similar disadvantage is highly aggravating.

Another very aggravating thing: skill balance is very bad at the moment and I don’t think Jan 26 patch is going to fix this. The power creep is just crazy. HoT made it even worse. The specializations need to be toned down and removing some amulets is just a lazy “solution”.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in PvP

HipposWild.7185

And what about s2?

Cept for the fact that the whole league system was part of a later patch; not the main content of HoT; Stronghold was. The comparison between a random defect table and a mmo game that is constantly updated and changed through the internet is wrong in so many places that it’s useless to make it in the first place.

Is it constantly updated? Because they promised constant balance updates which haven’t happened. They promised a new borderlands with the expansion which hasn’t come yet and likely won’t even be complete when pushed based on their history. Maybe you’re right. This is more like you had a table and I offered you a better one. So you paid me money got excited and I smashed your old table to pieces before giving you an incomplete broken version of what I promised.

(edited by HipposWild.7185)

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

I can forgive the pip system and the faulty league setup.

I cannot forgive the power creep and gross unbalance. We’ve been warning ArenaNet how making everything OP will take skill and fun out of the game, yet, here we are with insane power creep. As for the balance, you had 3 betas and you still couldn’t see the issues? You shame game developers everywhere ArenaNet.

You know when your game is screwed when your fans can see balance issues months before the balance update.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Yeah, I think it is pretty obvious that season 1 was a failure. Let’s hope the changes for season 2 make it more legitimate.

That said, you guys need to understand that ANET doesn’t measure success by having balanced classes, or a fair league system. They measure success by how much playtime the mode is getting.

Essentially if you are writing on the forum in between queues, you aren’t really solving anything. ANET is looking at it as a success since you are still playing.

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

Season 1 almost made me quit the game; I’ve actually already deinstalled it, but installed it again like a day later. :P

I think some sort of apology or even acknowledgement of the huge failure would be in order.

in PvP

lloydst.6985

And what about s2?

Is it constantly updated? Because they promised constant balance updates which haven’t happened. They promised a new borderlands with the expansion which hasn’t come yet and likely won’t even be complete when pushed based on their history. Maybe you’re right. This is more like you had a table and I offered you a better one. So you paid me money got excited and I smashed your old table to pieces before giving you an incomplete broken version of what I promised.

you must not have vistited the bl’s they are new and kitten hardly any1 plays on it as it is too easy to counter siege and to hard to siege it

in PvP

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

It’s all marketing. Until a third party comes out and basically verifies that the game is tanking, as long as ANet is making money and getting new players who spend money on the game, they genuinely don’t care whether or not the state of the game is good or bad.

That’s the innate advantage of subscription-based games and why the B2P model carries risks; ANet made their money as soon as people bought GW2; they could drop support entirely and there would be no economic problems for the company. A sub game on a low cost needs those numbers and thus needs to continuously produce high-quality content.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

To me it wasn’t the 50/50 WL thing, but the pip farming and the disabling of not losing pips for dc’s because of dishonor false positives. That was the most frustrating thing about this season. Skill had nothing to do with any of those pip losses.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

An apology isn’t necessary or even warranted. What is this, grade 3 at school? Leagues have been a success by any measure due to the amount of people playing them. I get sub 5 minute ques in off peak hours. Some class balance could be better, but it’s not gamebreaking at all.

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Well, stronghold farming 3-4 min games will still exists in S2, so there’s that….

in PvP

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

An apology isn’t necessary or even warranted. What is this, grade 3 at school? Leagues have been a success by any measure due to the amount of people playing them. I get sub 5 minute ques in off peak hours. Some class balance could be better, but it’s not gamebreaking at all.

I don’t think leagues were a success by any measure. Yes, people played, but a lot also quit or never bothered with rank because of the bad press it received. I don’t think Anet should apologize, just fix it.

in PvP

HipposWild.7185

So wait…. your personal queue times ate the evidence of a successful game? That’s great news! I’m gonna make a game designed around good queue times specifically for you so I can be an accomplished developer. Whew I’m pumped to be a success.

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

So wait…. your personal queue times ate the evidence of a successful game? That’s great news! I’m gonna make a game designed around good queue times specifically for you so I can be an accomplished developer. Whew I’m pumped to be a success.

If there’s a lot of people playing, then it can’t be all that bad. These forums are like a pity party, I guess misery loves company after all. Whatever, keep sounding the trumpet for an apology no company in thier right mind would give.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

This is why you shouldn’t take drugs kids. Cross division match ups was inevitable because there weren’t enough people in all the divisions to group everyone 100% of the time with only people in the same division. Everyone started at the same time but obviously not everyone will move to the next division at the same time.

Second since you don’t know how competitive play works (in any game/sports) you should get punished for losing too many games, thats the way it works. Saying you shouldnt’t lose pips and or drop divisions is like saying that a soccer team shouldnt get relegated even though they lost all their matches.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfs Shadow.7234

Wolfs Shadow.7234

That is how much trust I have for the ANET team. I wish it was different. I truly do. I wanted to see this game thrive like GW1 pvp did. But I can’t from poor balance, to completely stupid decision making. Hell even the next balance patch speaks to that. I just don’t understand who is controlling the decisions over at ANET, but whether it be design/programming limitations; they need to step it up and at least let people know they are aware of the issues.

in PvP

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

If there’s a lot of people playing, then it can’t be all that bad.

For what it’s worth, as a legendary holder. I absolutely hate PvP now. I log on, do my 3 daily, then swap to a daily room if I didn’t get my profession wins.

The poor bunker meta we have atm, the fact ANet feeds soloquers to teams because of ‘espurts’, the fact there there’s little difference between a pro player and a pro farmer in this system.

I got on a treadmill and have no intention to do it again next season.

I have no respect for this season and have lost a lot of respect for ANet.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfs Shadow.7234

Wolfs Shadow.7234

If there’s a lot of people playing, then it can’t be all that bad. These forums are like a pity party, I guess misery loves company after all. Whatever, keep sounding the trumpet for an apology no company in thier right mind would give.

I disagree

The class balance was VERY much game breaking. The meta build was so extreme that if the team achieved just 2 caps they could win the game. Decapping was not possible. On certain maps all they needed to do was hold 1 cap and bunker the decaps. The infamous bunker meta will make gw2 history. Mainly because it caused top tier teams to even call it out and hell they used them too.

When a game can end in less than 1 minutes that is a problem.

Also Queue times doesn’t mean success.

Leagues was a massive failure. I don’t want to go into the list of why. Because enough thread speak to it and while yes I agree these forums usually spawn hatred. Even people on reddit were calling it out. Hell even top game streamers called it out on twitch.

The good news if there is some….. they are planning on fixing the issues for season 2

(edited by Wolfs Shadow.7234)

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

If there’s a lot of people playing, then it can’t be all that bad.

For what it’s worth, as a legendary holder. I absolutely hate PvP now. I log on, do my 3 daily, then swap to a daily room if I didn’t get my profession wins.

The poor bunker meta we have atm, the fact ANet feeds soloquers to teams because of ‘espurts’, the fact there there’s little difference between a pro player and a pro farmer in this system.

I don’t know what it’s like at Legendary as I’m walking talking proof that farming won’t get you there but at Ruby ever since the recent changes to the way queuing with lower divisions works I’ve not seen a single full or even 4 man premade on the enemy team as a solo player. 9/10 times for me on the 20 odd games I play each day is always all solo vs solo. I can understand it would be different at legendary though as that player see is considerable smaller.

Bunker meta is rubbish, can’t argue with that. All being said, I’ve really enjoyed the first season. I’ve learnt a lot about other classes, my own weaknesses and where I need to improve and I’m highly anticipating the balance changes, the month off ranked to try new builds and then season 2 and hopefully do better then I did in S1.

I like to have positive thoughts

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

espurtz. The important thing is team PZ gets good queue times bro.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: Sazdek.6830

Sazdek.6830

Without a risk to loss of your rank, then it makes ranks meaningless. Higher ranked people will show nothing of their skill (already doesn’t show much, but at least it’s indicative of a positive W/L ratio), only their commitment to grinding. So beyond tired of people complaining about pip loss. Play any competitive game with a league and/or MMR system, you will lose ranks or whatever in all of them when you lose. It’s plain and simple as that. You don’t just get a trophy for showing up. Put on your big boy pants and move on.

Tarnished Coast
Skaukatt – Engi
Cräsher – Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Anonymous Player.3079

Anonymous Player.3079

they won’t and they won’t even take actions.

the 3rd day of league some ppl reported the MMR exploit problem, they let ppl exploit, take 0 action, and fix it 1 week before end of league
they know the MM is not working, they even said they will mod it for saison 2, but did nothing for now
i’ll won’t even argue of stronghold farm, afker/troller who just deny on purpose other and other “exploit” …
Said that, they should have taken a “fair” decision, remove all badge and reset all “primordial legend” achiev since if not mesuring player skill for LOT of them (i guess good player don’t care and can get back to legendary easy). They didn’t do it in past with rank (rank means nothing), they will not do it now (div/badge means nothing too)
For me it’s a total lack of respect for player who just soloq without ‘abusing’ and well, gw is not the only game arroud so, you have choice too

in PvP

lloydst.6985

they won’t and they won’t even take actions.

the 3rd day of league some ppl reported the MMR exploit problem, they let ppl exploit, take 0 action, and fix it 1 week before end of league
they know the MM is not working, they even said they will mod it for saison 2, but did nothing for now
i’ll won’t even argue of stronghold farm, afker/troller who just deny on purpose other and other “exploit” …
Said that, they should have taken a “fair” decision, remove all badge and reset all “primordial legend” achiev since if not mesuring player skill for LOT of them (i guess good player don’t care and can get back to legendary easy). They didn’t do it in past with rank (rank means nothing), they will not do it now (div/badge means nothing too)
For me it’s a total lack of respect for player who just soloq without ‘abusing’ and well, gw is not the only game arroud so, you have choice too

Shure punisch they players that did get it legitly get put up vs premades as solo queuer got screwed by being grouped with exploiters and had the matchmaking stacked against them cus of exploiters makes sense…

in PvP

Posted by: Anonymous Player.3079

Anonymous Player.3079

what make sense is make ppl get legit something.
If you make it legit, you’ll won’t have trouble to make it again, else maybe you are one of thoose

in PvP

Cynz.9437

If you make it legit, you’ll won’t have trouble to make it again, else maybe you are one of thoose

^^this

every single good player i know that hit legend can easily reach it again w/o breaking sweat, many of them don’t even care about leagues that much, only about pro league

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

I have to agree with some points. The toxicity in ranked went thru the roof with the tournament. Can you block people, yes, was the distraction already done, yes. Were you then left with turning off chat on following games blocking communication with your teams, yes.

On the other hand I do approve of a system that moves people up and down. I actually believe at a certain level you should be able to also lose divisions and the lose of tiers should be moved further down in divisions from its current stand point. That way if a player is carried up or a streak makes it appear that way they should be able to level back down where they actually stand.

But the logic that forces the 50% winrate is what can drive you crazy. Now I know the logic is being adjusted for how it groups people and we are being given some sort of view on what odds the game is giving us but you are left with times that this seems pointless.

The change to not allow people to game the system by joining with a lower division player is a good change, as will be the streak logic. Be interested in seeing these play out in a new season.

It does make me wonder if there should be logic in place accounting for the difference in group versus soloers and logic about out lying performers. Example if a group goes into together they have a higher odds of having an advantage already by being on some chat or have better odds of having more synergy in classes then the full solo group does. Now I say this even as I play with more casual people and we don’t do this, but we still have an edge since we have played together in the past and have a better grasp of how each other might play. So that should factor into the Pip lose potential side of the equation if the solo group does lose to the premade.

I agree that personal score does not tell the whole story but it is directional in nature. If a team loses and some players worked their tail off while another went AFK in spawn, or the game was a 4v5 because of a DC that should factor into PiP lose as well.
When you end up with games where the losing team has scores that range from 200-300+ compared to 25 you know something was off.

And maybe it’s time to re-evaluate personal score. Should bunkering award some points, more if killing players while defending. Should killing a bunkered point be worth more. Should solo kills score more than zerg kills. Should zerg kills be divided by the number of people doing the kills versus the killed. Should kills off point reward a different number of points. Should a negative score be given for staying in spawn.

In the end I know more people that decided to avoid PvP since December that were playing it before and more regulars that while playing got to a point where they questioned why play or continue to support the game. That’s a story in of itself since all of these players come from PvP/WvW orientated parts of this game and/or came from others games in which PvP was the only aspect of the game.

As far as an apology, no, it was the first iteration of a new thing and you can’t figure it all out the first time, but you can ask ANet to be open with the feedback and share their thoughts as well for the future. That gives people hope versus silence which leads people to believe things are as they were intended.

Anyway, food for thought. Good hunting!

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in PvP

lloydst.6985

^^this

every single good player i know that hit legend can easily reach it again w/o breaking sweat, many of them don’t even care about leagues that much, only about pro league

You will have trouble as a solo queuer as the odds are against you in every match. Since every match there is the possibility of getting 4 scrubs on your team or getting a afk’er unless they remove forced 50 % win ratio it would be near impossible to get back up to legend. (Though the anounced winstreak pips might help) and dont go around calling people cheaters when they disagree with you

(edited by lloydst.6985)