"You get stunned, you get stunned

in PvP

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

everyone and their moms get stunned." – Warriors 2013

But seriously though they have their stuns up of like every 5 secs, and 2 stun breakers are not enough o,o

in PvP

Posted by: Qoltera.3042

Qoltera.3042

At first when I ran mace/shield gs and skullcracked everyone I thought threads like this were l2p issues and were just lazy people raging. Then…I switched over to gs/ax shield evis based build…and now i feel the pain whenever I take a 3s stun and 100B to the face.. BUMPAROO

in PvP

Posted by: WitchKing.5317

WitchKing.5317

Yeah stuns hurt, but the important thing is to adapt and survive. Ultimately stuns will be phased out because people will learn how to combat them. Its just a matter of time.

Fanged Wisdom- [BBQ]/[OMFG]
The Corrupt Mesmer Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

My warrior build has 7 CC… could slot 9 as a joke.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in PvP

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

No , people must stop lying about this . Even if some1
Is willing to stack stunbreaks just to counter a stun-lock
war he CAN’T do it ? I didn’t know we had 7 slots to
Stack stun breaks . There ‘s no counter to
CC spam and it must stop . Thief has a revel
Debuff … why warrior is able to chain-cc
It’s unfair . And people shouldnt run 3 stunbreaks
Just to counter one class .

in PvP

Posted by: Scarlett.1549

Scarlett.1549

Easy fixed, put diminishing returns after 2 or 3 stuns in quick succession. Maybe within 2 seconds.

Yeah ?

in PvP

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

Easy fixed, put diminishing returns after 2 or 3 stuns in quick succession. Maybe within 2 seconds.

Yeah ?

Or reduce the number/duration of stuns. There’s too many of them and adding a diminishing return mechanic involves a lot of balancing work because you can choose the order of your stuns to bypass said mechanic.

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Yeah, it’s quite a joke.

We’re supposed to have a “choice” when it comes to our builds yet the ezy mode Condition spam and stun spam basically dictate that all 3 of our utilities must be used to counter both.

in PvP

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

solution! Give every stunbreaker 1-2s stability witch only procks when u are stuned

in PvP

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

solution! Give every stunbreaker 1-2s stability witch only procks when u are stuned

On its face it looks like a solution, but what happens when you stun break a Necro Fear? You get Corrupt Boon-ed in the face for another stun immediately.

Ok, well that’s just a Necro problem. If it is a team fight, then there will likely be a thief or mesmer there to strip that stability as soon as its up too.

You get the point. If you try to just put stability on all stun breaks, then you contribute to power creep, and it doesn’t really solve the problem. Stuns are too accessible for certain classes and there are so many stuns that even if you can break one and avoid another via stability you will get CC’d again 2s later anyway.

The number of available stuns needs to come down. Just like conditions need to come down (I think limiting AA bleeds to 2-3s base would be a good solution). Immob stacking wouldn’t be as much of problem either if you shortened the base durations and/or lengthened CD’s.

in PvP

Posted by: Thoth Divine.8642

Thoth Divine.8642

Diminishing Returns are the lazy way of fixing things (ala WoW). They could simply fix this ridiculously broken class and spec. Heck, I run Spectral Armor and Spectral Walk (which give me 3x stun breaks – two from SW since I can tele out of stun) and those + Death Shroud are not enough to prevent warriors from cc-spamming me. Can’t even imagine those classes that run little or no stunbreaks… Obviously something is wrong.

Blessed Curse – Symbolic DH
Thoth Divine – Power Necro
I Hope You Die – Burst Berserker

in PvP

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

Diminishing Returns are the lazy way of fixing things (ala WoW). They could simply fix this ridiculously broken class and spec. Heck, I run Spectral Armor and Spectral Walk (which give me 3x stun breaks – two from SW since I can tele out of stun) and those + Death Shroud are not enough to prevent warriors from cc-spamming me. Can’t even imagine those classes that run little or no stunbreaks… Obviously something is wrong.

You cant be serious.You can’t expect to just run arround doing stunbreaks and stability forever to counter a stun build,you need to play smart and put presure and dps(mm and condi spam is really OP).Stun lock builds have 130 range on mace and on hammer they are very vulnerable since no blocks.Just join a duel server and show me 1 single mace warrior doing good and maybe then we can have an argument not related to l2p issues.Just look at the ammount of warriors and compare it to ammount of engies in spvp after patch if you want to see in wich dirrection balance is heading.

(edited by mini.6018)

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

than make it stun AND fear will stun or fear the target + give him 5 sec imunity for any new CC (like stability)

so when i stun a target for 2 or 3 sec i also apply this buff to the target

problem solved

and nothing can remove this buff not even corupt boon

in PvP

Posted by: Ottohi.2871

Ottohi.2871

As a mace warrior I can safely say, unless I have a mobility weapon on me JUST PLAY KEEP AWAY.

Seriously, I can’t stun you if I can’t touch you. Works well for thieves and rangers and mesmers. For everyone else if they can manage it, they’re fine.

in PvP

Posted by: CachoDm.4639

CachoDm.4639

L2kite its not like you can’t dodge lb #3 and hammer f1 thrn apply poison if they nerf it my mesmer eill be useless again plus that’s what we wanted since w cried all last year for this

R48 Nooßlêss Multiclass Looking for a best friend.

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I strongly believe in autobalance.

Instead reworking all skills across the board to address a problem, you address the mechanic itself to eliminate extreme situations.

In the case of stun deadlocks, players should get an effect many other games have, that makes them slightly more resistant to CCs as they are hit with them.

Each time you are CCed, you get a stack of the effect, each stack makes CCs last slightly less on you. After enough stacks, you become immune to CCs for a very short time. Just enough to dodge away and rethink your choices.

For example:
- Aggravated:
Get 5 seconds of Aggravated whenever you are affected by a crowd control effect.
Each stack of Aggravated gives you 5% less CC duration.
After 5 stacks, you lose all stacks and get Exasperated.

- Exasperated:
You are immune to CCs for 2 seconds.

- Using a stun breaker skill removes both Exasperated and all stacks of Aggravated.

With this, Exasperated would only kick in if they land on you 5 CCs within 5 seconds, and using stun breakers remove the stacks. So it only affects extreme situations and only those that do not have stun breakers ready.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in PvP

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

“I swung a stun, I swung a stun again.”

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

another wvw noob…seriously if you can’t kill warrior as a mesmer you need to look at yourself some more..

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

only way i could kill stun warrior was going dodgy troll thief spec with like 6 dodges + 2 stun breakers…. i can’t imagine how other classes handle warriors though

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

mini.6018

Mom didn’t teach you to bring stability?

in PvP

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

“I swung a stun, I swung a stun again.”

This made me laugh harder than it should have.

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

Looking at your twitch…
“[ siN ] Seven Instincts | Krentar | WvW Warrior/Guardian Baruch EU”

Now looking at the classes that have access to any sort of decent stab…
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stability

It seems like your idea of who gets stab and who doesn’t is a bit biased sir.

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

in PvP

Posted by: shimmerless.4560

shimmerless.4560

Stun lock builds have 130 range on mace and on hammer they are very vulnerable since no blocks

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Counterblow

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

A clear example of the skill level of warriors…guess you’re so “ignorant” about the game that you don’t even know your “profession” is the second one with the most access to stability…my profession got one stability utility at 90s CD…where the hell do I take the rest?

in PvP

mini.6018

A clear example of the skill level of warriors…guess you’re so “ignorant” about the game that you don’t even know your “profession”

You are my guest to join any 1v1 server with your stunlock warrior and win like a pro.Until that happens(wich is never) it was a nice conversation to say the least.

my profession got one stability utility at 90s CD…where the hell do I take the rest?

From your pocket guardian!

Stun lock builds have 130 range on mace and on hammer they are very vulnerable since no blocks

Hammer has no blocks.

Looking at your twitch…

It’s not my personal stream and i’m not the streamer.

Regardless,it was just an atemptive funny remark at the OP original post"Everyone and their mom gets stunned".

Meh,grow a humour beard it’s halloween

(edited by mini.6018)

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

A clear example of the skill level of warriors…guess you’re so “ignorant” about the game that you don’t even know your “profession”

You are my guest to join any 1v1 server with your stunlock warrior and win like a pro.Until that happens(wich is never) it was a nice conversation to say the least.

my profession got one stability utility at 90s CD…where the hell do I take the rest?

Hammer has no blocks.

Looking at your twitch…

Regardless,it was just an atemptive funny remark at the OP original post"Everyone and their mom gets stunned".

arheundel seems to play ele. so dont know how u think he plays stunwar. for me it seems u should learn to read.

@arheundel
ele has it better than ranger with no stabilityut except elite.

in PvP

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Hammer has no blocks.

Looking at your twitch…

arheundel seems to play ele. so dont know how u think he plays stunwar. for me it seems u should learn to read.

@arheundel
ele has it better than ranger with no stabilityut except elite.

Ele has it A LOT better… they can gain stability in an AoE by swapping to earth attunement, can gain armor of earth twice, arcane shield can serve the same purpose as Stability since it blocks 3 attacks…

Yeah… rangers just suck against the stability spamming stunlock warriors… well at least my build does, shortbow probably is fine with that cripple and evade backwards!

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in PvP

mini.6018

Maybe you should dedicate more time into understanding what you are reading.I said : " make a stunlock warrior and go faceroll on 1v1 servers if war is so op".Give me a call when that happens i need to record and post it as world’s 1st.

in PvP

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

No , people must stop lying about this . Even if some1
Is willing to stack stunbreaks just to counter a stun-lock
war he CAN’T do it ? I didn’t know we had 7 slots to
Stack stun breaks . There ‘s no counter to
CC spam and it must stop . Thief has a revel
Debuff … why warrior is able to chain-cc
It’s unfair . And people shouldnt run 3 stunbreaks
Just to counter one class .

If your comparing CD to CD, revealed is 4s, thief can stealth forever. War stun maybe every 5s but eventually runs out at the end of the chain. Though playing like the warrior has cooties isn’t that hard to do, he can’t stun what he can’t catch.

Just saying if your going to make bad comparisons and all.

-KNT- BG

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

I did bring one. Unfortunately it’s on a 75 second cooldown. I get stunned once every 5 seconds or so.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in PvP

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

The biggest problem with warrior stuns are the adrenaline ones. When the f1 skill misses or gets blocked/evaded IT SIMPLY GOES ON 3S COOLDOWN WITH NO ADRENALINE LOSS

Burst skills NEED to deplete adrenaline + go on 8s recharge WHETHER OR NOT THEY HIT. There’s no other skill in game that goes to cancel-cooldown when it gets DODGED

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Yeah ?

Or reduce the number/duration of stuns. There’s too many of them and adding a diminishing return mechanic involves a lot of balancing work because you can choose the order of your stuns to bypass said mechanic.

Duration.
Stuns being more interrupt based would be wonderful.

Dazes can be the slightly longer duration CC, since you can still move/dodge so there is more play/counterplay around them.

Diminishing Returns are the lazy way of fixing things

To be fair, these devs can use all the help they can get.

It’d take years for them to get around to fixing it in an ‘unlazy way’ and a lazy way is better than none.

With this, Exasperated would only kick in if they land on you 5 CCs within 5 seconds, and using stun breakers remove the stacks

You can be completely and uncounterably (short of stability) stunlocked all game without getting hit by 5 CCs within 5 seconds.

Btw, the game doesn’t need more debuff/passive whatnots to keep track of.
It’s already hell.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Fortunately while playing mesmers most of wars out here are terribad and just fotm riders….they can’t even spot real mesmer so they just start stunning clones like if there’s no tomorrow…..while being laughed hard obviously…when i sometimes go hotjoin i love jumping around them while trolling with phase retreat and decoy…you can clearly “feel” their rage…but versus any just decent war it’s really hard to keep evading that continuous stun spam since your defensive cooldowns are way longer than their stun’s cds..they can spam all day, with immunity and/or stability up too…you can’t..

(edited by Archaon.6245)