You know the weekend started....

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

… when you look into PvP forums and the first page is filled with hate posts on how people cant win matches because of <insert random reason>.

Dear fellow complainers… its weekend… and more importantly… its the first weekend after season start. That means people with less time to play will now do their placement matches or will play a bit more matches with their still very volatile rating. So, lots of still mis-placed ratings. Lots of returning players that havent yet quite adapted to new meta, or are just rusty.

Give it time.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

I agree. Well said.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

I disagree on the placement games. They are the source of the mis-placing. They’re luck-based. Rating gain/loss could be adjusted a tiny bit, I think, too.

Other than that, yes. This system is fair. I love the fact that you can drop. Even though I’m on a 7 game losing streak, I’m giving this is chance.

in PvP

Posted by: ibkillin.9610

ibkillin.9610

Played 62 games, I started Gold Tier 2, I’m almost Silver Tier 3 now. Looked at leaderboards and see the top guys got lucky enough with their matches to be placed where they did. Just like the old systems, if you were luckily enough not to be placed in MMR hell then you were fine. If not, all it is an exercise in patience and how much BS are you willing to deal with.

Probably doesn’t help the game is 4+ years old now and doesn’t exactly have the biggest player pool to select match making with. It was fun but I’m already bald I’m not about to start ripping my scalp apart in frustration.