Posted by: Merciless.5349

Merciless.5349

I see your team composition and raise you

Attachments:

You know there's an issue when this is your first game of the day:

in PvP

Posted by: MarcusKilgannon.5048

MarcusKilgannon.5048

Are you serious?! What the hell kind of damage is that. I hate how cheesy thieves are, it is ridiculous. Warriors I don’t mind, I usually can kite them and hundred blade builds are hilarious. But I finally see why mesmers take skill and they’re not as cheesy when a thief can use one skill and basically kill you. I’m sick of the stupid shortbow thieves as well who somehow get like an unlimited amount of rolls & evade moves. We could even cripple him he just flopped around so much. I haven’t played one personally but my friend does and like two skills does more than I ever could do planning out the fight. You’d think thieves would be one of the harder classes to play but nope.

(edited by MarcusKilgannon.5048)

in PvP

Posted by: Sabbathius.1465

Sabbathius.1465

Merciless, I especially like the kill report on the right.
Thief kills mesmer.
Same thief kills ranger.
Warrior kills elementalist.
Again the same thief kills necro.

Hilarious. And that 10k backstab isn’t even close to the highest backstab I’ve seen. Just wish I had a picture to share.

in PvP

Posted by: Burrid.4739

Burrid.4739

I got a 15k backstab once, as elementalist, geared around toughness/vit and some power/crit.

in PvP

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

Yep things are getting flooded pretty much all day every day. Take away ezmode (ability to teleport mid CnD) and I suspect half the thieves will disappear.

in PvP

Merciless.5349

Thief kills mesmer.
Same thief kills ranger.

Hilarious. And that 10k backstab isn’t even close to the highest backstab I’ve seen. Just wish I had a picture to share.

Lol, you know, I didn’t even notice that until you mentioned it. But what can you do? You gotta make yourself laugh at this kind of absurd kitten.

And for those wondering, that’s a tPvP match screenshot.

(edited by Merciless.5349)

in PvP

MarcusKilgannon.5048

Thief kills mesmer.
Same thief kills ranger.

Haha that is hilarious, I didn’t see that first time either.

in PvP

Posted by: crewthief.8649

crewthief.8649

It’s out of hand, and generally the only people in here arguing otherwise are Thief players. I’ve played alot of MMOs, and played stealth toons in those games…in GW2 I decided to go a different direction. I can honestly say, from the perspective of someone who has mained many stealth characters in past MMOs, Thieves in this game are unreal to me. On demand, mid-combat, near perma-stealth (primarily the mainhand pistol build). If I had rolled a Thief in GW2 as my main…LOL!

< JADE QUARRY >
Zabroshan – 80 Guardian / Sorroe – 80 Mesmer
Hands Off My Octopus

in PvP

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

Haha. It’s like every match I play in (spvp at least)

All thieves,mesmers and now I see more bunker/heal elementalists each match.

It’s so boring and frustrating. Warriors I don’t mind, it’s fun fights. More interesting fights than watching 3/4 of your health dissapear from an invisible opponent who I can’t target or beating against someone who’s health bar doesn’t move or can heal themselves up every 10 seconds to full.

in PvP

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

Thief kills mesmer.
Same thief kills ranger.

lol! Nice. Didn’t even notice that till you pointed it out.

Funny thread Defective.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in PvP

Posted by: Chraos.8745

Chraos.8745

You think thats stupid? i played against this the other day.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

might be time for a “Balance if fine!!!111 L2Dodge!!!!” post

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

Posted by: Blazer Hellsing.9184

Blazer Hellsing.9184

I prefer that instead of Elementalists and Mesmers anytime, anywhere. Atleast Thieves are killable.

When you pile a lot of Elementalist bunkers together they won’t die and they will control enemy targets and then kill them.

Mesmers are the worst 20 clones and phantasms everywhere, damage coming from everywhere, don’t know which mesmers are the real mesmers, can’t see whats going on. Killing the clones is not an option when there are so many.

Attachments:

Main: Thief
Alts: Warrior, Necromancer, Mesmer, Elementalist (bunker)

in PvP

Posted by: Chraos.8745

Chraos.8745

I prefer that instead of Elementalists and Mesmers anytime, anywhere. Atleast Thieves are killable.

When you pile a lot of Elementalist bunkers together they won’t die and they will control enemy targets and then kill them.

Mesmers are the worst 20 clones and phantasms everywhere, damage coming from everywhere, don’t know which mesmers are the real mesmers, can’t see whats going on. Killing the clones is not an option when there are so many.

They may be killable but dat damage… anyways if the majority of them ele’s were bunkers i feel for you bro.

in PvP

Blazer Hellsing.9184

They may be killable but dat damage… anyways if the majority of them ele’s were bunkers i feel for you bro.

If I face high thief teams I always stay in a group, while they kill my team mate I kill them, thats the drawback of a glass cannon in group fights.

The Mesmer one was worse, should have taken screenshot of that one. I hope you never fight a team full of mesmers lol.

in PvP

Posted by: ehtom.5047

ehtom.5047

@Blazer: I dont see how you can complain about elementalists as a thief. Also, please stop posting these “well actually X class is worse than thieves” in every thread, its pretty obvious you are just trying to stop thieves getting nerfed.

(edited by ehtom.5047)

in PvP

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

I like how you’ll see entire teams of thieves and you still get told there’s not a problem with the class

in PvP

Blazer Hellsing.9184

@Blazer: I dont see how you can complain about elementalists as a thief. Also, please stop posting these “well actually X class is worse than thieves” in every thread, its pretty obvious you are just trying to stop thieves getting nerfed.

Because Elementalist grouped together are almost immortal, Thieves are not. I don’t know but I am not your averege PvP’er, I am actually good. I know Backstab Thieves do high damage, I also know that they take a lot of damage very easily. So I use that knowledge to my advantage and stay in groups vs high Thief games, when they go for my Team mates I make short work of them.

Now why would I not think it is worse to face a lot of bunker elementalists instead of glass cannon thieves? The Elementalist heal and control people together, which makes it a lot harder to kill them.

A pile of Mesmers is actually immortality

I am not trying to not have Thieves nerfed, I actually gave feedback on what to nerf so you are just a butthurt averege PvP’er that is kitten at Thieves.

I play Thief, Warrior, Necromancer and Mesmer.

in PvP

Posted by: ehtom.5047

ehtom.5047

Nobody can claim they are good at this game at the moment, since there is no ranking. When paid tournaments come, see if you end up making gems, then you can claim to be decent. Until then you are just another thief player who thinks they own because they are good when in reality it is likely just because that class is impossible to fail with.

P.S. I actually have credentials from other games which do have ranking systems… wonder if you do?

in PvP

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

Can’t say I’ve see near full teams of Ele’s as much as I have Thieves. What’s more, Ele is probably 100 times harder to play effectively than a Thief is; I currently applaud anyone that does well in sPvP as an Ele.

Besides that, they’re only immortal because they’re built defensively and have to be to stay alive against the sheer number of Thieves you see in one game.

in PvP

Posted by: Ksp.5943

Ksp.5943

Thieves are strong and have their place in tPvP, yes. But they’re pub stomping in these screenshots. Pub stomping is never a reason for balance changes. The backstab build hits incredibly strong, yes, but 90% of the time you can see the thief coming even if you’re presently engaged in a fight and be ready for the opener. I’ve been surprised and killed my fair share of times, too, but that’s my own fault.

This is not to say they don’t need balance changes, but the call for massive nerfs based on pubstomp screenshots is dumb.

Sarcasm – because I’m too far away to strangle you.

Ksp [Win]

(edited by Ksp.5943)

in PvP

Merciless.5349

@Ksp

That statistic about seeing the Thief 90% of the time, even if fighting somebody…

Let’s go through this again.

Stealth.

I’m not like you, feeling down and saying it’s my own fault when I get killed by a Thief who was invisible and did over 10k dmg.

I don’t think to myself, “Well, gee, that invisible Thief wouldn’t have killed me like that if I just learn to play.”

No, I say, “Well, not really much I could have done there. I couldn’t see him. Why can they do this much damage again?”

And the reason I ask this type of question and make this kind of statement is because, having played numerous other PvP games, I have never seen anything like the Thief in this game. And there’s a reason all the Thief defenders make ridiculous statements like yours.

You are not under powered.
Your skills are not terrible compared to the other classes.
You have the best defense mechanism in the game, Stealth. A lot of it.
You control the fight.

in PvP

Merciless.5349

In case you needed more proof. I did see the Thief. He was right in front of me. And in less than 2 seconds, he went in to Stealth, and did that Backstab damage.

You know why it was less than 2 seconds? Because he came to my face, then went Stealth. So all he had to do was step around.

Attachments:

in PvP

Blazer Hellsing.9184

In case you needed more proof. I did see the Thief. He was right in front of me. And in less than 2 seconds, he went in to Stealth, and did that Backstab damage.

You know why it was less than 2 seconds? Because he came to my face, then went Stealth. So all he had to do was step around.

The problem is not Backstab, but Mug trait which makes Steal do 4-5k crits for free and Assassin signet which makes backstab crit around 10k, without assassins signet that backstab would be 6-7k.

in PvP

Blazer Hellsing.9184

@Ksp

That statistic about seeing the Thief 90% of the time, even if fighting somebody…

Stealth.

I’m not like you, feeling down and saying it’s my own fault when I get killed by a Thief who was invisible and did over 10k dmg.

I don’t think to myself, “Well, gee, that invisible Thief wouldn’t have killed me like that if I just learn to play.”

No, I say, “Well, not really much I could have done there. I couldn’t see him. Why can they do this much damage again?”

And the reason I ask this type of question and make this kind of statement is because, having played numerous other PvP games, I have never seen anything like the Thief in this game. And there’s a reason all the Thief defenders make ridiculous statements like yours.

You control the fight.

People like you are the reason people can’t take Thief discussions serious. Stealth is nowhere near the best defence in game. I’ve dodged many steal backstab combo’s, timing is key.

There is a lot you can do, you just don’t know what and refuse to improve.

in PvP

Posted by: Asmodean.5820

Asmodean.5820

@Ksp

Stealth.

You control the fight.

People like you are the reason people can’t take Thief discussions serious. Stealth is nowhere near the best defence in game. I’ve dodged many steal backstab combo’s, timing is key.

I think it is pretty ironic that you are just doing what you accuse him of. Why not just type “l2p” that would have saved us all some time.

That aside it is funny that thief defenders, like mesmers, just say “be aware of this and do this (usually dodge)”. Too bad that you sometimes fight someone else and cannot react that fast nor has the resources to do so all the time. However, even under these circumstances and (next-to) instant kill is still not balanced. Else all classes would have such a super deadly mechanic.

(edited by Asmodean.5820)

in PvP

Posted by: tOss.9024

tOss.9024

I played a team, all but one , of rangers too..rangers must be op.

in PvP

Blazer Hellsing.9184

@Ksp

Stealth.

You control the fight.

I think it is pretty ironic that you are just doing what you accuse him of. Why not just type “l2p” that would have saved us all some time.

That aside it is funny that thief defenders, like mesmers, just say “be aware of this and do this (usually dodge)”. Too bad that you sometimes fight someone else and cannot react that fast nor has the resources to do so all the time. However, even under these circumstances and (next-to) instant kill is still not balanced. Else all classes would have such a super deadly mechanic.

Didn’t even comment on damage, I commented on stealth and how he claims that is the best defense and offence at the same time. Stealth is good against noobs, decent vs good players. No where near “the best”.

in PvP

Posted by: Seether.7285

Seether.7285

@Ksp

Stealth.

You control the fight.

This is the mindset of so many players, and it is hilarious. Actually, yes, you did make a mistake. Look you have already made a video, you can’t hide behind some veil trying to pretend you are good, everyone knows you are a laugh track of mistakes while playing. Maybe put out another video and my guild and I can watch it and provide the recorded laugh track for you to edit in?

in PvP

MarcusKilgannon.5048

You’re joking. Rangers are not overpowered as a group and are barely good on their own. I have to be on the top of my game all the time in Tpvp to even stand a chance against most thief spammers.

in PvP

Ksp.5943

@Ksp
Stealth.
You control the fight.

First of all, I don’t play a thief.

Secondly, stealth lasts for what, 3 seconds? This is provided that they use their heal to stealth so that you don’t see them coming in. Then they steal, cloak and dagger (which stealths), and backstab. So you’re telling me that this thief can traverse enough land in 3 seconds that you physically cannot see him coming?

Yeah, didn’t think so. In well over majority of cases you can see a thief coming and prepare for the burst. I can count on one hand the amount of times where I was like “Wow, didn’t see that coming. That was a lot of damage.” One of which actually lost us a game the other night on Kylo, so it’s not as though I’m saying the class is perfect. But to cry over and over that a glass cannon squishy class does high dmg and needs to be nerfed gets a little old after a while.

Ksp [Win]

in PvP

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

@Ksp
Stealth.
You control the fight.

Secondly, stealth lasts for what, 3 seconds? This is provided that they use their heal to stealth so that you don’t see them coming in. Then they steal, cloak and dagger (which stealths), and backstab. So you’re telling me that this thief can traverse enough land in 3 seconds that you physically cannot see him coming?

Yeah, didn’t think so. In well over majority of cases you can see a thief coming and prepare for the burst. I can count on one hand the amount of times where I was like “Wow, didn’t see that coming. That was a lot of damage.” One of which actually lost us a game the other night on Kylo, so it’s not as though I’m saying the class is perfect. But to cry over and over that a glass cannon squishy class does high dmg and needs to be nerfed gets a little old after a while.

In a perfect world yes. But in-game, no. Due to serverside issues thiefs can stay stealthed for a number of seconds. we’re talking 7-10.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Braxxus.2904

Then you should be very very cautious in entering discussions by doing extra research. Just sayin’

Secondly, stealth lasts for what, 3 seconds?

In an ideal world, however because of some issues with the game (and yes it happens in spvp/tpvp) the “fade in/out” can get spotty allowing people to appear to remain stealthed on the victims machine even though the thief is out of stealth and attacking. With proper re-stealth timing this can extend for 7-10 seconds in “best” case scenarios (for the thief).

This is provided that they use their heal to stealth so that you don’t see them coming in.

Or blinding powder. Or smoke combo field. The heal is usually the last thing we’ll use for stealth.

Then they steal, cloak and dagger (which stealths), and backstab.

Actually we pre-load cloak and dagger, THEN steal which occurs mid-animation and guarantees the cloak and dagger to hit. Or some of us simply stealth any time we steal (I run this option in my backstab build along with mug and applying blind on surrounding enemies every time I stealth to give me some more group utility)

So you’re telling me that this thief can traverse enough land in 3 seconds that you physically cannot see him coming?

Steal has a 900 range and heartseeker actually provides decent mobility (currently debatable as better than shortbow for efficiency). It is often possible.

As well we don’t really have any sort of telegraph that we’re about to steal. I’ve done it while running away from someone. They had no clue I was about to do it and land a free backstab/HS combo on them to turn the tide. Sometimes it’s just an instant hardswap. Helping the group, see someone drop below 75% and without any indication whatsoever selecting them and dropping 10-15k damage on their kitten (depending on signet CD) instantly.

Really the biggest issue with thieves and I still wager it’s at the core of why people get so mad at them, is the setup/skill required to do this compared to other classes. It’s about as brainless as it gets and it could be macro’d to the point it’s only 2 button presses to apply every cd and tag the target properly. The only reason it’s even 2 buttons is because of the possibility of nailing them from the front instead of the side or the back and having to take that hundredth of a second to reposition after the steal.

We STILL have yet to be able to have people create videos of any other class rolling into pvp (whether it be spvp or tourney play) and randomly smash their fist on the keyboard and collect kills. This can and has been done with the thief class and THAT is really where the problem lies imo.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in PvP

Blazer Hellsing.9184

We STILL have yet to be able to have people create videos of any other class rolling into pvp (whether it be spvp or tourney play) and randomly smash their fist on the keyboard and collect kills. This can and has been done with the thief class and THAT is really where the problem lies imo.

When I get my western digital harddrive I will make video’s. I get kills just as easy on my mesmer and warrior as I do on my Thief. Necromancer is a little bit harder, but still quite easy.

in PvP

Braxxus.2904

BlazerHellsing

When I get my western digital harddrive I will make video’s. I get kills just as easy on my mesmer and warrior as I do on my Thief. Necromancer is a little bit harder, but still quite easy.

Really… You can randomly smash your fist on your keyboard and kill people. Seems to me that just because of CD’s that a fair percentage of your “smashes” would register as invalid due to the ability not being ready yet.

The thief just unbinds everything but 1 and either 2 or 3 then makes a video of random keyboard smashing and collecting glory for it.

Seriously though if you can achieve this same success with other classes (not winning, but winning by literally smashing your keyboard randomly) in a video I’ll be somewhat impressed. I just seriously seriously doubt you can do the same thing.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

unfortunately anet only cares about being an e-sport, not realizing all the casuals are quitting due to how horrible spvp is.

no casuals = no spectators = failure as an esport

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in PvP

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

People are also not mentioning that once you’re targetted by a thief, due to thei insane mobility, there is no escape at all. You either kill them or they kill you UNLESS you damage them enough to make them stealth and resetor run off. Sure, if they run off, that’s a win but usually they just wait a few seconds and attack while your defensives are on CD and you have no way of mitigating the bulk of their damage anymore.

That’s how it is for my Ranger anyway. Kill or be killed, no other options.

in PvP

Posted by: Teknobug.3782

Teknobug.3782

I ran lots of sPVP/tPVP in the first 3.5 weeks and occasionally throughout september and it was mostly fun. But I can’t even bother to anymore, everytime I went into one the past couple weeks it was nothing but thieves. A couple matches I couldn’t leave the spawn zone without a thief waiting near the door to 1-3 shot me.

As for tPVP, it’s all bunkers now too, bunker guardian and elementalists.

There is no future in esport, until Anet does something.

Yak’s Bend WvWvW’er [Mount Phoenix Imperials]
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz | 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 ram | Gigabyte R9 280X 3GB (14.2)
Win 8 Pro 64bit

in PvP

Posted by: Teknobug.3782

Teknobug.3782

Oh yes, warrior, mesmer, thief are easy but elementalist, engineer, ranger, etc. aren’t easy right? In pvp necromancer usually has a time sometimes due to broken traits a d a couple buggy utilities- despite that, necro is my favorite class to pvp with, screw the easy mode kitten. the minion master build doesn’t work jack squat, condition build works only against bunker guardians, so that leaves necro with a power/crit build.

Yak’s Bend WvWvW’er [Mount Phoenix Imperials]
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz | 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 ram | Gigabyte R9 280X 3GB (14.2)
Win 8 Pro 64bit

in PvP

Blazer Hellsing.9184

Oh yes, warrior, mesmer, thief are easy but elementalist, engineer, ranger, etc. aren’t easy right? In pvp necromancer has a tough time sometimes due to broken traits a d a couple buggy utilities- despite that, necro is my favorite class to pvp with, screw the easy mode kitten.

Don’t understand what you are talking about. I only play Thief, Warrior, Necromancer, Mesmer and Elementalist. How should I know if it is hard to get kill as ranger/engi or not?

My Elementalist is a bunker so don’t get easy kills, Necromancer is Dagger power/crit, I do get easy kills but it’s not as easy as Warrior, Thief and Mesmer.

in PvP

Ksp.5943

Then you should be very very cautious in entering discussions by doing extra research. Just sayin’

Secondly, stealth lasts for what, 3 seconds?

In an ideal world, however because of some issues with the game (and yes it happens in spvp/tpvp) the “fade in/out” can get spotty allowing people to appear to remain stealthed on the victims machine even though the thief is out of stealth and attacking. With proper re-stealth timing this can extend for 7-10 seconds in “best” case scenarios (for the thief).

This is provided that they use their heal to stealth so that you don’t see them coming in.

Or blinding powder. Or smoke combo field. The heal is usually the last thing we’ll use for stealth.

Then they steal, cloak and dagger (which stealths), and backstab.

Actually we pre-load cloak and dagger, THEN steal which occurs mid-animation and guarantees the cloak and dagger to hit. Or some of us simply stealth any time we steal (I run this option in my backstab build along with mug and applying blind on surrounding enemies every time I stealth to give me some more group utility)

So you’re telling me that this thief can traverse enough land in 3 seconds that you physically cannot see him coming?

Steal has a 900 range and heartseeker actually provides decent mobility (currently debatable as better than shortbow for efficiency). It is often possible.

As well we don’t really have any sort of telegraph that we’re about to steal. I’ve done it while running away from someone. They had no clue I was about to do it and land a free backstab/HS combo on them to turn the tide. Sometimes it’s just an instant hardswap. Helping the group, see someone drop below 75% and without any indication whatsoever selecting them and dropping 10-15k damage on their kitten (depending on signet CD) instantly.

Really the biggest issue with thieves and I still wager it’s at the core of why people get so mad at them, is the setup/skill required to do this compared to other classes. It’s about as brainless as it gets and it could be macro’d to the point it’s only 2 button presses to apply every cd and tag the target properly. The only reason it’s even 2 buttons is because of the possibility of nailing them from the front instead of the side or the back and having to take that hundredth of a second to reposition after the steal.

The fact that I don’t actively play a thief on my team doesn’t mean I don’t understand the class in some form or fashion. Just sayin.

My point is, you will see the thief walking towards you at a node, or conversely you will see them as you walk into a node. They can’t perma stealth. The moment you see a thief (especially on a class that is vulnerable to them), you should be prepared to be bursted. It’s not unavoidable damage. At all.

Ksp [Win]

in PvP

Posted by: tOss.9024

tOss.9024

You’re joking. Rangers are not overpowered as a group and are barely good on their own. I have to be on the top of my game all the time in Tpvp to even stand a chance against most thief spammers.

I thought my sarcasm was pretty obvious there. I guess not.

in PvP

Blazer Hellsing.9184

@Sprawl, so what? I have other tools on my Necromancer that I don’t have on my Warrior/Thief/Mesmer. I would love some increase in Necromancer condition damage though… staff is a fail lol, scepter is all right.

(edited by Blazer Hellsing.9184)

in PvP

Braxxus.2904

The fact that I don’t actively play a thief on my team doesn’t mean I don’t understand the class in some form or fashion. Just sayin.

I know, hence the mention of caution. Wasn’t discrediting you.

My point is, you will see the thief walking towards you at a node, or conversely you will see them as you walk into a node. They can’t perma stealth. The moment you see a thief (especially on a class that is vulnerable to them), you should be prepared to be bursted. It’s not unavoidable damage. At all.

You’re right. In a perfect vacuum it’s completely avoidable damage. But unless we’re talking about straight 1v1’s and dueling it’s a bit more ‘SURPRISE BUTTSECKS’ than that and I think you can admit that.

Again like I said though, my main point of contention with the thief is exactly how little effort needs to be applied for the reward. I play one for lulz and it IS funny to gib someone in what is pretty much 2 gcd’s (on any other class) but it is also mind numbingly simple to accomplish. Without the signet boost and mug it’s a little harder, but not by much.

The burst would be a bit easier for people to accept if it came after a session of classical piano being done on the keyboard first to set it up, but as long as it equates to smashing a watermelon with a mallet (the melon being your keyboard and the mallet being whatever body part you feel like using) to achieve the same effect it will be bad for the game overall.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in PvP

MarcusKilgannon.5048

@tOss I kind of assumed that was sarcastic. I only just wanted to chime in how bad rangers can be lol.

in PvP

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

To be honest, game balance in sPvP is starting to get to the point that I may take a hiatus.

And I’ve long been someone to say wait wait wait, see what happens. But I think its a transparency thing between the devs and the community.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]