You know there's something wrong when...

in PvP

Posted by: Riselight.3695

Riselight.3695

When 50% of the players in a match is a thief, and the other 50% is a mesmer. Oh wait there was one person not a thief nor mesmer. It was an elementalist and it was me…
Maybe you could offer players a class change scroll, so I could become one of this two OP classes as well

Riselight [WvW] – Elementalist
Smough The Cruel [WvW] – Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: tOss.9024

tOss.9024

I haven’t had this happen in ages. I’m also seeing a lot more necromancers and elementalists lately. Anecdotal stories solve nothing, nor do they provide sufficient evidence to begin solving an issue. If you want to be a scrub killing class, level one to 2 and play it. You might be disappointed once you leave 8v8 hotjoin, though.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyrial.2917

Pyrial.2917

When 50% of the players in a match is a thief, and the other 50% is a mesmer. Oh wait there was one person not a thief nor mesmer. It was an elementalist and it was me…
Maybe you could offer players a class change scroll, so I could become one of this two OP classes as well

What’s stopping you from being a thief or a mesmer?

in PvP

Posted by: Riselight.3695

Riselight.3695

I started PvP’ing and WvW’s actively once I hitted 80. I’m not going to level a new character again all the way to 80 again, because I didn’t choose the right class.

Riselight [WvW] – Elementalist
Smough The Cruel [WvW] – Warrior

in PvP

Pyrial.2917

I started PvP’ing and WvW’s actively once I hitted 80. I’m not going to level a new character again all the way to 80 again, because I didn’t choose the right class.

You said 50% in a match. You don’t have to level to play in spvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

How did this thread happen?

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in PvP

Pyrial.2917

How did this thread happen?

Hundred Blades is the culprit…

in PvP

Posted by: Volted.2451

Volted.2451

I love roflstopming those plz bring some more..
on serious note at 5v5 where I play most of the time haven’t seen any class dominate.
Peace,
Volted.

in PvP

Posted by: Jsx.6057

Jsx.6057

lolwut.

Just create a new thief/mesmer and become “op.”

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

dear op in spvp you are auto leveled to 80…..

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in PvP

Posted by: Syeria.4812

Syeria.4812

While “create a thief or mesmer” is an asinine suggestion, you don’t need to level a character at all to play sPvP. A level 1 is identical to a level 80 in sPvP. That’s not the case in WvW (even though you are auto-leveled up to 80 there) though.

in PvP

Posted by: ryston.7640

ryston.7640

This will sound harsh but…

Its people like this, who want to role play their pvp characters, that really baffle me, and the concessions anet makes to them are just… gah

in PvP

Posted by: Nimraphel.7819

Nimraphel.7819

This will sound harsh but…

Its people like this, who want to role play their pvp characters, that really baffle me, and the concessions anet makes to them are just… gah

This. People asking for balance without grasping the most basic aspects of the game will only lead to degeneration of gameplay and level. The average gaming population need to learn that it’s okay to think again.

in PvP

Posted by: Aragiel.6132

Aragiel.6132

playing hot-joins games is giving so many desilusions on real play in tournaments.

i know people like it.. but then why are you suprised to see thief / mesmer compositions?

in PvP

Posted by: Rythgar.2896

Rythgar.2896

I did a few hot-joins/free’s yesterday and although thief is a very popular profession I saw at least as many rangers in there. And warriors are not far behind. Then comes the rest rather evenly spread.

Bear in mind though, that this is from a few random games the last couple of days. I have done no survey or data collection. Which I doubt the OP have done either by the way.. There will always be a “profession of the day”. It’s how the gaming world works.

in PvP

Posted by: Semprenaviguare.2936

Semprenaviguare.2936

in pvp elementaliste is bester that thief and mesmer !

isn t a probleme for elementalist for win 1 vs 2

if you meet 1 thief and 1 mesmer !

go 3 aoe and you kill thief in the same time of clones and phantasm mesmer !

in PvP

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

I wish I had games like that, so many free kills Even if a glass cannon thief gets me downed he can’t finish me before I down him, and then I win because I can outlast him in downed state. Same with mesmers.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Jarder.6751

Jarder.6751

in pvp elementaliste is bester that thief and mesmer !

isn t a probleme for elementalist for win 1 vs 2

if you meet 1 thief and 1 mesmer !

go 3 aoe and you kill thief in the same time of clones and phantasm mesmer !

That´s true. Any class with AoE build is able to win. Killing a thief is easy, just spawn some AoEs around you and wait. He will kill himself because almost all thieves are noobs who wanted to play the “current OP class” (I don´t think thiefs are OP btw).

Good, skilled and experienced thiefs are not that stupid.

Don´t let noobs bother you.

Greetz.

Amira Einheriar – Necromancer

(edited by Jarder.6751)

in PvP

Posted by: Zosk.5609

Zosk.5609

The state of hot joins/scenario/battlegrounds/whatever and WvW is much more important to the overall health of the game than tournaments.

I know a lot of you have fantasies about this game becoming basically a MOBA or “e-sport” but let’s be real….right now probably 90% of the players giving them money are spending 90% of their time in PvE? That’s just a number pulled out of my rear end but I think it’s a good estimate.

Hot Joins and WvW are also one of the two paths of getting tournament players (the other is recruiting from HoN, LoL, etc) so you should probably be concerned if they are increasingly not fun if you want more tournament players?

in PvP

Posted by: Jericho.4521

Jericho.4521

There’s still plenty of thieves and mesmers, but I’ve found if you play 5v5 hotjoin you’ll see more balance across the teams.

in PvP

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

I love seeing thieves when I’m on my ele. I start salivating and contemplating which victory dance I will do.

RIP in peace Robert

in PvP

Posted by: BlackKaiseR.8320

BlackKaiseR.8320

There’s still plenty of thieves and mesmers, but I’ve found if you play 5v5 hotjoin you’ll see more balance across the teams.

And if you play paids you will face – 2 x guardians + mesmer + necro + X – 3 out of 4 times at least. But yeah, let’s keep on with “the thief/warrior makes this game unbalanced” thing since it’s the trend.

in PvP

Posted by: Leadfoot.9071

Leadfoot.9071

almost all thieves are noobs who wanted to play the “current OP class”

Generalize much? Don’t kitten on all people who play thieves because there happens to be a faceroll/bursty way to play them that often attracts less-skilled players. There are plenty of skilled players playing thieves including pistol and other types of condition builds.

I did a few hot-joins/free’s yesterday and although thief is a very popular profession I saw at least as many rangers in there. And warriors are not far behind. Then comes the rest rather evenly spread.

I see a lot of mesmers as well. Thieves>=Mesmers>Guardians=Warriors>the rest seems to be what I see.

in PvP

Posted by: Wise.8025

Wise.8025

This sounds like a qq thread about sPvP. Everybody plays dps in sPvP cause they’re playing to see big numbers both with damage and with score. Just means they’re all glass and you should adjust accordingly.

Thief, Shatter mesmer, Burst ele, Well Necro’s…. expect them to be a larger part of the sPvP population than you’d see in tournaments.

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

Burst and ele, in the same sentence.
I suspose I can admit there are some good burst eles, but not many.

Most thieves are noobie, on the opposite side there are very good thief players. If you are a DD ele there is an easy way to tell: damage him a bit, wait till stealth, switch to earth, use earthquake then churning, switch to air and apply shocking aura. If its a good play they will wait for both to go away before attacking, a noob will be unstealth dead somewhere near you.

Burst builds are mostly in spvp, try tourney and you’ll be complaining about everyone using invulnerable builds and how the roster is mostly guardians

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

Posted by: Rythgar.2896

Rythgar.2896

The state of hot joins/scenario/battlegrounds/whatever and WvW is much more important to the overall health of the game than tournaments.

I know a lot of you have fantasies about this game becoming basically a MOBA or “e-sport” but let’s be real….right now probably 90% of the players giving them money are spending 90% of their time in PvE? That’s just a number pulled out of my rear end but I think it’s a good estimate.

Hot Joins and WvW are also one of the two paths of getting tournament players (the other is recruiting from HoN, LoL, etc) so you should probably be concerned if they are increasingly not fun if you want more tournament players?

Considering that WvWvW in no sense can be seen as PvP as we are discussing it here I don’t see how that counts, other than that some sPvP players still enjoy it and the other way around.

And about hot-joins; The problem that people get in it is not based of off imbalance or even skill, it is just due to the way it’s built and being played.
I in no way expect a 8vs8 (because let’s face it, no one is playing the 5vs5, less points to get there) completely un-organized “zerg fest” to be a good representation of a games PvP.
People just need to let go of the idea that ArenaNet will, can or should balance it around a zergy hot-join smash fest. Balance has to take place on the very top of the skill ladder, where you Know the class is being played at it’s best (as close to the paper that is practically possible) to actually see if something is balanced or not.
You don’t balance anything around the casuals, since they in no way can push the professions to their limit, giving reliable data.

Also, a last note; In the current state of the game it is nearly impossible to meet a random player and say “Hey, we are more or less equally skilled. Care to duel?”. Until we get a decent way to measure skill in-game there is just no way to credit data as reliable.
If I currently beat the living kitten out of a engineer with my guardian, there is just no way of knowing if it was because the classes are imbalanced or if it’s just our skill-difference. Gonna flag all those “nerf X because I had no chance on my Y” as people getting their kitten handed to them by either their lack of skill or the other player simply being better. Because when it comes down to it it is so much easier to say “Nerf! nerf that class, it is so OP!” than “Oh crap, he was a lot better than me..”.

(edited by Rythgar.2896)