You over nerfed warrior

You over nerfed warrior

in PvP

Posted by: GhandiBot.6257

GhandiBot.6257

Literally one sigil counters warrior, Sigil of Anulment. Easily strips resistance, might stacks and/or stability (pretty much the only 3 boons that have active up times on warrior).
-Shield Bash: The initial casting time of this skill has been increased, moving the skill from 0.5 seconds to 0.75 seconds total. Too slow, short enough range as it is, it was fine.
-Arc Divider: The casting time of this skill has been increased by 0.25 seconds. The animation is way too obvious.
-Headbutt: The casting time of this skill has been increased from 0.5 seconds to 0.75 seconds. Distance traveled has been increased from 300 to 400. Headbutt was fine as it was.
-Healing Signet: The passive healing from this skill has been reduced by 10% in PvP only. Healing Signet was fine, it’s Adrenal Health that’s really good (please don’t kittening nerf that too).
-Endure Pain: In PvP only, the cooldown of this skill has been decreased from 60 seconds to 30 seconds, and the active up-time has been decreased from 4 seconds to 2 seconds. Easily the worst damage invulnerable in the game now since you’re not immune to conditions, and again since Sigil of Anulment can easily strip your resistance.
-Bloody Roar: Taunt duration has been reduced from 1.5 seconds to 0.5 seconds in PvP only. Why? Who was running this?
-Eternal Champion: This trait no longer grants pulsing stability but instead applies 3 stacks for 8 seconds when activating Berserk. WHYYYY!?!?!? WARRIORS ONLY HAVE 3 ACTIVE BOONS AND ONE SIGIL STRIPS 2. . What’s the point of running this trait anymore? Balanced Stance is better.

It’s better to run vanilla warrior now. What joke of a balance. RIP Warriors because of one sigil…

In conclusion, kitten this game, forever never reinstalling.

You over nerfed warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

Yup, warrior is pretty much unplayable AGAIN.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

You over nerfed warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

You guys are cute. Anet’s favorite child was punished and now there are QQ’s all over the place. A good player would just learn to adapt and move on in an ever changing game such as this. It’s a matter of l2p with the new changes and just accept that classes/builds/elements change to avoid them being stale.

Ive had many builds/classes ruined due to simpler nerfs (RIP my Bunker Busting Butthead Scrapper), but i adapted and moved on. It can be easier said than done, but when you have had nearly as many nerfs to builds that I have, you just deal with it. Its a game, not life.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

You over nerfed warrior

in PvP

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Some valid points on other stuff, but I want to point out that pulsing boons should’ve never be introduced in the first place. It marks dramatic power creep where boonstrip and boon corrupt pretty much lose their purpose, while player slotting the trait pays very little attention to CC unless being focus fired.

Next step would be to bring down the number of CC so those casting it should consider it a valuable tool used in vital moments. That’s the only way to reduce the spam feast we have in current meta, where players just do their own rotation without even reading opponents.

You over nerfed warrior

in PvP

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Some valid points on other stuff, but I want to point out that pulsing boons should’ve never be introduced in the first place. It marks dramatic power creep where boonstrip and boon corrupt pretty much lose their purpose, while player slotting the trait pays very little attention to CC unless being focus fired.

Next step would be to bring down the number of CC so those casting it should consider it a valuable tool used in vital moments. That’s the only way to reduce the spam feast we have in current meta, where players just do their own rotation without even reading opponents.

^ This. Its constructive. I like this

You over nerfed warrior

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Not just reduce CC, also reduce the amount of boons and condis being thrown out by skills, and especially by traits.

You over nerfed warrior

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

Lol @ these scrubs saying it was fair.

War with 10s phys immunity lost to DH 90% of duels, or 100% if they are power.

Dh got a slap on the wrists and war phys resist went down to 4s

Then dh got another slap on the wrist and war had skull crack removed.

So with the removal of power rev from the game and the removal of war from the game, dh is even more cancer than s5. Just swap longbow for shield scepter and its free pips.

I dont think anet will be satisfied until meta dh counters not just every war build in the game, but also every power build as well.

(edited by duster.7013)

You over nerfed warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Daniel.9240

Daniel.9240

I wonder if people seriously played a post-pacht warrior before write stuff like this… or played with another profession against his own builds before… honestly…

But anyway… to the matter:

Shield Bash, Arc Divider, Headbutt: risk/benefit ratio. (counting human time response and network delay).

Endure Pain: it is the same ratio of active up-time vs cooldown. But wait… you get more vigor if traited… isn’t it? (one boon more to strip… yay)

Bloody Roar: have you ever been affected by this conditions… you sound like you only play warrior…

Eternal Champion: look it from the bright side… you need to be CCed 3 times when you activate berzerk mode.

Healing Signet: this change is like… meh… how much do you lose..? like 10hp per second..?

And… you biggest complain… you CAN use the annulment sigil too… can’t you..? it is the best to achieve the infamious warrior lock stun…

You over nerfed warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

Endure Pain: it is the same ratio of active up-time vs cooldown. But wait… you get more vigor if traited… isn’t it? (one boon more to strip… yay)

What kittening game are you playing?, for you to get the same up time you have to trigger it twice, in the kittening damage galore that is this game, fights dont last 30seconds.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

You over nerfed warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

One sigil that actually gives people a chance to lock a warrior down for a couple seconds? BIG FREAKING DEAL.

Skull Grinder still bombs you with 4 condis, two of which are unnecessary to the theme of the skill (blind and cripple), and Arc Divider still has an insane range. What changed? AD only takes a quarter second longer to cast and Primal Burst skills have a 1 second longer CD. SUCH A HUGE NERF. What you’re gonna do is pick another weapon, realize that mace and GS are still OP, and then continue to QQ because you have to wait literally 1 more second to use a skill.

Let’s go over what changed and if those changes were good or bad:

- Arc Divider cast time increased. Bad change. AD needed a range nerf, not a cast time nerf.
- Skull Grinder power damage and bleeding nerfed and blast finisher removed. The power damage nerf was decent, and the blast finisher was completely pointless, so both good changes overall. But bleeding? Bleeding wasn’t the problem. It was being bombed by 3 other cover condis, two being control condis. Bleeding nerf wasn’t the best change, but at least it’s something to deal with the condis.
- Headbutt cast time increased and range increased. Not that great. Instead, another 10 seconds to the CD or a nerf to the stun would have been better. I think the CD would be the best change since elite skills are supposed to have long CDs. This one does not have a long CD.
- Healing Signet passive reduced. Good. But it needs to be reduced even more. Nobody’s going to consider the other heals till the healing is reduced to be comparable to the other heals.
- Endure Pain duration nerfed but CD buffed. Overall, not too bad. But it’s still too powerful of an effect, even for 2 seconds, to have a CD of 30 seconds. On the other hand, this is still better than any duration past 2 seconds.
- Defy Pain nerfed. Bad. This trait shouldn’t even exist. It’s passive and lazy.
- Shield Bash cast time increased. Why? This skill was fine.
- Bloody Roar taunt nerfed. Again, why? 2 second CC on something that takes 26 seconds to do again was fine, and you have to sacrifice pulsing stability for it. This trait is actually one example of something that was overnerfed.
- Smash Brawler nerfed. Good for PvP, awful for PvE. This should have been split.
- Eternal Champion stability nerfed. Thank God… But I don’t think having stability for only half of Berserk is a good idea. It would be better if you had to do something during Berserk to get stability. The rest of the trait gives you stability when you break a stun, so why not give it something else that gives bonus stability during Berserk? Like when you hit with a Primal Burst skill, gain stability for 2 seconds. I suppose this could also be considered overnerfed, but not by much. It was necessary.

All other changes have nothing to do with PvP specs.

(edited by Zintrothen.1056)

You over nerfed warrior

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Smash brawler change should not have been split. Having primal burst skills on a 3 second CD was absolutely kittening ridiculous. It was nothing but skill spam and blatant powercreep. Those skills are ridiculously powerful to be on such low cooldowns. As it is their cooldowns are still too low when traited.

You over nerfed warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Legiion.7385

Legiion.7385

Lol @ these scrubs saying it was fair.

War with 10s phys immunity lost to DH 90% of duels, or 100% if they are power.

Dh got a slap on the wrists and war phys resist went down to 4s

Then dh got another slap on the wrist and war had skull crack removed.

So with the removal of power rev from the game and the removal of war from the game, dh is even more cancer than s5. Just swap longbow for shield scepter and its free pips.

I dont think anet will be satisfied until meta dh counters not just every war build in the game, but also every power build as well.

And what do u want to say?
Dh got huge Nerf’s …they killed our only ranged weapon in pvp and wvw ,our f2, f3 and ToF …..but hey they buffed signets.
But yeah warrior is just soooo unplayable now in this condi meta.

You over nerfed warrior

in PvP

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Its kinda interesting how many players/classes are all agreeing how unbalanced Berzerker is. That should really say something.

I don’t think most berzerkers will truly get what people are saying tho as I find that they don’t listen and they don’t care how ez mode the class is. If equal skilled Berzerker went up vs just about anything (even in a 2v1 scenario), 90%+ times they will come out on top, but most of them fail to see this or acknowledge it and try to deflect their issues on other classes (or in some cases on 1 little sigil which is kind of sad really as other classes who have been nerfed harder and more often learned to adapt to their changes…nuff said)

You over nerfed warrior

in PvP

duster.7013

Dh got huge Nerf’s …they killed our only ranged weapon in pvp and wvw ,our f2, f3 and ToF …..but hey they buffed signets.

Boo hoo, that longbow out dpsed many power builds at point blank and was bugged to have like 2k range. Literally the auto attack alone made it better than most weapons in the game due to the split cripple. You should be able to kill current condi war while afk sonce they have like, 7s of block every 30s, slower headbutt and potatoe skullcrack.

You over nerfed warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Daniel.9240

Daniel.9240

What kittening game are you playing?, for you to get the same up time you have to trigger it twice, in the kittening damage galore that is this game, fights dont last 30seconds.

Are you saying that for 2-3 seconds less… a warrior will lose a 30 seconds battle..? too much ine…

You over nerfed warrior

in PvP

Legiion.7385

Boo hoo, that longbow out dpsed many power builds at point blank and was bugged to have like 2k range. Literally the auto attack alone made it better than most weapons in the game due to the split cripple. You should be able to kill current condi war while afk sonce they have like, 7s of block every 30s, slower headbutt and potatoe skullcrack.

Ahahaha …. guard has 2k range xD u made my day/night
And yes our LB aa is one of the best in the game with 1,4 K dmg and miss if u sidestep.

You over nerfed warrior

in PvP

duster.7013

Did you never test range? It was waaay higher than other spells of the same length.

You over nerfed warrior

in PvP

Legiion.7385

Did you never test range? It was waaay higher than other spells of the same length.

No and I never heard anything about this bug ,but I’m sure if a ranger can hit me with LB and I’m not, my range can’t be 2000 ….^^

You over nerfed warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Headbutt and shield bash nerf might have been over done.

But eternal champion nerf is a good one and much needed one. Warrior was pretty ridiculous running around ignoring all kinds of CC effect.

You over nerfed warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Master Ketsu.4569

Master Ketsu.4569

lol kiting warriors is so easy now. I just 1v2d a thief + warrior on my thief and the warrior was a literal non-factor.

This update was pure scrub pandering. Rather than encouraging players to learn how to avoid a class that was already easy to evade if you had decent reflexes and understanding of the class, anet just nerfed it so anyone can.

(edited by Master Ketsu.4569)

You over nerfed warrior

in PvP

Bigpapasmurf.5623

lol kiting warriors is so easy now. I just 1v2d a thief + warrior on my thief and the warrior was a literal non-factor.

This update was pure scrub pandering. Rather than encouraging players to learn how to avoid a class that was already easy to evade if you had decent reflexes and understanding of the class, anet just nerfed it so anyone can.

Maybe the warrior was trying a new build or was scrub on warrior (maybe not their main)?

1 4v1’d in an enemy camp on my thief, doesnt mean they were ez and doesnt mean I was pro (I too was on teef). Pretty sure it was vs a Zerk/DH/Necro/Teef

Mabe t hey were just having a bad WvW run or maybe I was having a A++ run…who knows lol.

You over nerfed warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Lol warrior is still the best, you qq too much cause you enjoyed being too OP into being just OP. Deal with it you will get another nerf soon than you may cry

You over nerfed warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Very strange nerfs.
Arch divider should have been a range nerf not CT
Adrenal health should be targeted not the signet.
Shield bash was unneccessary
Tount nerf was also strange and not needed….
Rest feels OK for me but well in total it feels too much.

You over nerfed warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I will agree that warrior is overnerfed when they will start getting reported for simply playing the class – which i don’t see happening as warrior is still pretty strong, especially considering that other classes got nerfed as well.

The nerfs were bound to happen. If you were half decent you could easily 1v2, 1v3 on war for ages if not even win those fights. There wasn’t a single counter to them (where for example necro countered engi, dh countered thief etc.) besides ganking them with multiple teammates.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

You over nerfed warrior

in PvP

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Very strange nerfs.
Arch divider should have been a range nerf not CT
Adrenal health should be targeted not the signet.
Shield bash was unneccessary
Tount nerf was also strange and not needed….
Rest feels OK for me but well in total it feels too much.

Shield bash was weird. I agree with what you are saying. Eternal champion was something I saw coming. Headbutt needed a change. Should keep the distance and warmup but reduce the amount of adrenaline gained. This way its still quicker, but wont guarantee an instaburst. Between the heal siggy and adrenal Health, AH should have been looked at. Makes ya wonder if it was just a “lazy fix”. Something easier to implement so they just did it.

You over nerfed warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Nyhmfein.3024

Nyhmfein.3024

They could delete Berserker(Not like Anet wont push us to the new golden spec anyway) for all I care. Everyone know the spec was overtuned and needed to be toned down, but why shield bash? This affects warrior at its core, the skill has been fine for years and wasn’t too hard to see coming to begin with. Now using the skill feels more detrimental to the warrior then anything else, painfully obvious and how slow the animation is throws you off completely.

(edited by Nyhmfein.3024)

You over nerfed warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Aveigel.2601

Aveigel.2601

hardest part of playing warrior now is unlearning it
no more headbutt, no more arc divider, casting times detrimental to fluidity, too obvious, can’t break headbutt animation with movement etc…hell make it slower even by adding an other 0.25s to it but give me a 0.5s invul @ the start of it lol. might be worth using for the invul and movement it would produce only.

You over nerfed warrior

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

I gotta admit. Shield Bash nerf is just ABSURD. Everybody was fine with it for 5 years! All of sudden NOW it’s a problem? Just….lol

Put it back!

You over nerfed warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Phantom.5389

Phantom.5389

- Healing Signet passive reduced. Good. But it needs to be reduced even more. Nobody’s going to consider the other heals till the healing is reduced to be comparable to the other heals.

I am totally fine with most nerfs. but why nerf healing signet when this also affect core warrior (to a lesser extent, shield bash nerf also hurt core warrior more than it hurts berzerker… since they got that extra stun source from headbutt while core warrior don’t…anyway back on topic…). Basically, core warrior is barely ever played and I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen one being played seriously.

Why in hell did Anet nerf healing signet instead of changing either the way berzerker get x3 adrenal health on mindless f1 spam or rework the trait ‘’Dead or Alive’’.. a berzerker trait that heal teh berzerker for 5.2k whenever he recieved a fatal blow while in berzerker form (on a 30 seconds cooldown).

Anet chronology : (1) We will release elite spec, they will add choices and core builds will be viable.
(2) Hot release : Elite specs are the true meta overlords.
(3) Anet try to balance things out and they want to bring core specialization in line… but only make insignificant changes
(4) Anet finally make big changes, yet they forgot that in step 3 they wanted to bring core specialization back in line.
(4.1) In the warrior case, the patch note clearly says they want to nerf the berzerker… yet they also nerf core warrior along with it since… I guess when Anet says berzerker, I guess what we need to read is : Berzerker is the new warrior and the old core warriors builds will never come back.

kittening kittens logic

P.S. Same can be said for others classes. I took warrior since it is my main class (core warrior 2013-2014 build are the funniest and also the most tactical ones… so I still play them even if I have access to Braindead Berzerker).

You over nerfed warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Phantom.5389

Phantom.5389

They could delete Berserker(Not like Anet wont push us to the new golden spec anyway) for all I care. Everyone know the spec was overtuned and needed to be toned down, but why shield bash? This affects warrior at its core, the skill has been fine for years and wasn’t too hard to see coming to begin with. Now using the skill feels more detrimental to the warrior then anything else, painfully obvious and how slow the animation is throws you off completely.

This is my thought exactly…. they just went full kitten and had to nerf everything related to berzerker… even if it means digging the core warrior grave 12 feet under instead of the norm… which is 6 feet for anything that is dead.

You over nerfed warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

I am a necro that gets smashed by Berserkers and does not like it.
Post patch beating a Berserker is too easy even without my broken chill sigils.
On my mesmer I dont even need to run nullfield or disenchanter to strip their boons. a sigil and a few sword clones/myself auto attackings will do the job just fine. it is kinda sad.

I agree that warrior got overnerfed even to things that did not deserve it. shield bash? hello? it looks funny watching wars trying to use it. the few warriors who run vanilla will feel it more than anyone else. thanks anet you are making core specs viable again!
way to go anet, we making way for the new power creep of xpac 2? history repeating itself? maybe communicating with the this crappy community here that did write up nice ideas might have given u better insight on what to nerf and how to nerf it and where to draw the line.

the only thing you guys can do is put up skins that are half heartedly baked on the gemstore. good job. get new people to do this kitten properly.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

You over nerfed warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Twigifire.8379

Twigifire.8379

Endure pain is a joke. It doesn’t even last as long as a lot of the games CCs.

You over nerfed warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Krittz.6013

Krittz.6013

I wonder if people seriously played a post-pacht warrior before write stuff like this… or played with another profession against his own builds before… honestly…

But anyway… to the matter:

Shield Bash, Arc Divider, Headbutt: risk/benefit ratio. (counting human time response and network delay).

Bloody Roar: have you ever been affected by this conditions… you sound like you only play warrior…

Eternal Champion: look it from the bright side… you need to be CCed 3 times when you activate berzerk mode.

Healing Signet: this change is like… meh… how much do you lose..? like 10hp per second..?

And… you biggest complain… you CAN use the annulment sigil too… can’t you..? it is the best to achieve the infamious warrior lock stun…

Stability is the first thing to go in boon rip and last I checked, this game has plenty of that esp now since Expansion (lol, raids and break bars). Stability is one of the things that keep warriors up in a fight and keeping pressure since we do most of our damage in melee for quick bursts. Most people run a sigil that removes a boon so… yup…

I mean, Weakness alone counters one of warrior’s grand master traits, lawl.

You over nerfed warrior

in PvP

Krittz.6013

I am a necro that gets smashed by Berserkers and does not like it.
Post patch beating a Berserker is too easy even without my broken chill sigils.
On my mesmer I dont even need to run nullfield or disenchanter to strip their boons. a sigil and a few sword clones/myself auto attackings will do the job just fine. it is kinda sad.

I agree that warrior got overnerfed even to things that did not deserve it. shield bash? hello? it looks funny watching wars trying to use it. the few warriors who run vanilla will feel it more than anyone else. thanks anet you are making core specs viable again!
way to go anet, we making way for the new power creep of xpac 2? history repeating itself? maybe communicating with the this crappy community here that did write up nice ideas might have given u better insight on what to nerf and how to nerf it and where to draw the line.

the only thing you guys can do is put up skins that are half heartedly baked on the gemstore. good job. get new people to do this kitten properly.

Nah! We need to buy our 4 second Enderp Pains back from the Gem Store. New selling strat! ;3

You over nerfed warrior

in PvP

Krittz.6013

I will agree that warrior is overnerfed when they will start getting reported for simply playing the class – which i don’t see happening as warrior is still pretty strong, especially considering that other classes got nerfed as well.

The nerfs were bound to happen. If you were half decent you could easily 1v2, 1v3 on war for ages if not even win those fights. There wasn’t a single counter to them (where for example necro countered engi, dh countered thief etc.) besides ganking them with multiple teammates.

Warrior is extremely easy to counter if you know what to watch for… burn CDs when they pop berserker stance and run around in circles for a few seconds with maybe a dodge. After it’s gone, go on blind spamming them again or whatever. Also trigger their CC when the fight starts to ensure that they won’t have it up when they’ll need it. Ez pz. That’s how you countered a warrior pre-patch…