Your Experience w/ S3 Division Placement

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

I’ve been thinking, wouldn’t people that got assigned to division 1 or 2 this season probably have a higher chance to end up w/ players that have no idea what they’re doing? If so, it might make them have bad games… For those of you that started in division 1 or 2, what has been your experience so far, and do you mind sharing a screenshot of your current W/L?

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Very good so far. In my first revenant game in over a month I managed to win despite me disconnecting and I desperately tried getting back in, first time failed but second time I made it through. I ran home to help a DH, was going to cleave the downed and rez the DH, but disconnected before I could do that. I don’t have a screencap of that scene but this happened at mid just before that.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Nice! 499 to 500. Haven’t seen a score that close in a while. Nice monitor btw

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

Amber hype. I wanted a 500-0 win but felt too bad for the 0 pointers. I am weak.

Attachments:

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Nice! 499 to 500. Haven’t seen a score that close in a while. Nice monitor btw ;)

I was out of the game during the snowball process too and then they caught up :( When I disconnected we were 350-430 I think but don’t have a screenshot for the timeframe. Thanks, 4k makes a big difference and I have less clutter enabling me to see more of what’s going on.

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

I’m actually doing incredibly well. Already halfway on my way to saphire. You are right I did encounter lots of newbies on my team. But those teams weren’t exactly Garbage tier. The big difference is that rotating around the map is something I had to coach them a bit more to prevent big mistakes. This made matches from my perspective unnessiarily close when were leading with 400 something to 200 however it’s to be expected. What made it bearable is that the balance these patch made it possible for newbies to not get insta kitten d. But actually hold thier ground long enough for me to get those decaps or rush to mid for support. So yeah as was said before the balance prior to this season after the scrapper nerfs and warriors buffs and other changes is quite decent one of the best Hot Patches in a long time. Ofcourse they are flaws but the second effect makes it very friendly to new players seemingly.

But then again I heard quite a bit of complaining starting from saphire division and up. So ranging from MMR hell to bieng matched up with people that are legendary division in the second season so yeah I’m bit curious to see what’s wrong there.

in PvP

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

About 40% win rate. Beginning to think Emerald is where I’ll stay even though I hit ruby both seasons before. Oh well… I’m pretty much done expecting anything from pvp. It’s nothing but a disappointment. Can’t win team game with people who zerg, don’t read a mini-map, or decide to go for lord kills when you’re up 160-80 only to have them spend so much time trying to kill the lord for us to lose the lead and then blame me for dying in 2v1 and 3v1 situations while they got wiped in a 2v3 (they never did kill the lord and tried twice only to blow our lead twice and lose us the game).

in PvP

Posted by: mysticsicness.7598

mysticsicness.7598

96% win ratio and currently on a 30 game win streak. Did not lose a single match throughout Ruby. Yes, I love this season.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

super casual pvp player here.

played 4 games so far
1st game, tried druid, bad start, some lag, gw2 client disconnects me, i didn’t go back
2nd, 3rd, 4th games, tried a vanilla warrior, testing out phalanx strength, 3 wins, 4 pips

well i am taking it very slow and so far the experience has been good to me.