Your opinion on new heals (After livestream)

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Mesmer Sig is 1k heal over 3 seconds/ active resets phantasm skills- Crazy

Engie AED can heal up to 16k if you hit them below 1% hp- crazy especially for settlers engie with AR.

Guardians new heal will be broken in WvW zerg fights/ easy to dodge in spvp

Elementalist- meh

Based on what they shown Ranger heal seems weak but then again dude wasnt even using spirit traits

Warrior Defiant stance absorbs all incoming damage/conditions for 3 seconds and heals.

Necros new heal seems cool for team fights

Thief heal is bad.

It remains to be seen how they actually perform in game, there is some risk with some of the heals.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

They ruined Necro heal.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

Mesmer is going to be op

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

It’s sad but… they don’t think about what they do… thay talk about “shaving” and “small tooning” but they make game braking changes that make professions insanely op?!

E-sports?! sure in 2088.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuruptz.4782

Kuruptz.4782

Cleric thief is not impressed

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

omg i am going to try the healing thief !
stealth > healing + immobilize venom !

but i dont really like the Elementalist . the damage is too low

in PvP

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

As a guy who has Mesmer as main, i love the new healing skill!

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Someone tell me what is the point of a clerics thief please

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in PvP

Kuruptz.4782

if you go with cleric thief

the thief can spend all his trait to build for venom aura

venom aura with cleric thief will heal your teammate around 20% hp if he succe to score all the 4 charges ( if he dosnt get blinded / blocked / dodge / evade and all things )

in PvP

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

The necro heal is a disappointment. For a healing skill it does to much damage and not enough healing. CC is superior for spvp…

in PvP

Kuruptz.4782

if you go with cleric thief

the thief can spend all his trait to build for venom aura

venom aura with cleric thief will heal your teammate around 20% hp if he succe to score all the 4 charges ( if he dosnt get blinded / blocked / dodge / evade and all things )

This will be very ’’insane’’ and ‘’shake things around’’ according to Anet

in PvP

Posted by: Loki.8793

Loki.8793

Frenzy + Defiant Stance (new warrior heal). Thoughts?

in PvP

Posted by: Oprah.1347

Oprah.1347

my opinion can be easily summed up as follows:

Attachments:

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Frenzy + Defiant Stance (new warrior heal). Thoughts?

Pro gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Mesmer will definately be OP: passive heal + burst on phantasm, and passive heal on PU mesmer = crazy

Ele heal might have a use in a team-fight build, you have to hit 2 people to be as effective as glyph of elemental harmony.

Thief heal might have nice synergy with Improvisation (recharge heal/basi venom + others on every steal – pretty good with lyssa runes)

Engineer heal might be really strong vs. condis (don’t take AR)

Necro heal is interesting, potentially OP as a “kill 1 player” on every cast, but it takes away from survivability. Depends on how offensive you want to be.

Guardian’s is worse than shelter (hard to compete). Warrior heal only useful in wvw, where OP warrior is now more OP.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Ugh please don’t say the necro one is interesting/OP. It’s terrible. Necromancers already have enough issues staying alive. Not to mention a marked person can evade the hell out of it. Or even the mark itself…

in PvP

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

Necro one feels too weak. It will only find use in a full Vampiric build running Cleric gear, and even then I’m not sure if it’s enough to keep it up and running.

Call me Smith.

in PvP

Posted by: Smiley.5376

Smiley.5376

My opinion is that they should not implement these new heals into the game… They are trying to adress build diversity by adding more skills while the skills/traits we have now are the source of a lack of build diversity.

Please make changes to the current unused/ineffective/broken/useless/op traits and some skills/existing heals ! Do not add more skills to fix build diversity… It’s like trying to put a newspaper on an open wound to stop the bleeding.

Sorry if i sound blunt but that is simply the truth.

On a side note: most of the heals are just… bad. We don’t need more healing, those classes that die to fast need more acces to protection/stability/effective(not more) condi removal and those op classes need to be adressed aswell.

You make this livestream to let us know about the exact changes you’re going to implement but you don’t discuss with us if we actually think such a drastic change is the right direction ?

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Might aswell post it here,

In a nutshell.

Here is the mesmer skill and see what cool kitten i can do with it..
Here is the guardian skill and see how utterly op it will become
Here is the elementalist heal, It will be awesome!
Here is the engie skill and see how crazy cool it is.
Here is the warrior skill with the passive healing blind won’t hit you so have fun.
Here is the thief heal it can have a purpose.
Here is the ranger skill, another pet.
Here is the necro skill, we put a ICD on it, shall we move on?

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Necromancer heal is an issue of a good idea that was destroyed by details.

The passive is essentially a 300ish damage reduction on every hit that comes in… oh wait, no it isn’t, because there is an ICD. Not only did they nerf it from being a life steal (aka doing damage) and having an interesting niche where we could essentially choose a healing skill that did lots of damage, but had otherwise low healing, but they threw an ICD on top to make completely sure that it wasn’t helpful.

The active is just… wow. You can not only avoid getting dodged, you can avoid all of the extra proccing, which, again, has ICD to make sure it isn’t good.

“But it’ll be good for supporting!” Yeah, because we see sooo many support Necromancers.

I’ll try it out in PvE so I can turn our really easy boss fight into a slightly easier boss fight. Other than that, 10/10 job ANet, you’ve managed to make it quite obvious its a personal hobby of yours to get Necro hopes up, only to crush them back down with nerfs.

Its sad, really. We had multiple threads in the Necro forums that already thought the skill would be really niche, and then it turns out its been nerfed since then. But, of course there either won’t be any interaction with Necros as per usual, or they’ll tell us to L2P again.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Mesmer – strongest for the worst mesmers

Engie – seems good risk/reward , i dont play engie but could we see a 4x self rezz?

Ele – maybe extra blast in wvw/GvG ? seems weak

Guard – wvw maybe , pvp ill just dodge or CC him

Necro – thanks John for being honest, imo this one is subject to change

Warior – also good risk/reward, just HOW does is deal with condies? I hope its not another 3s added where you cant fear them

Thief – venom share is good for preactivating them, which doesnt work a heal. Too long CD. Has to be balanced around too many traits

Ranger – ANOTHER SPIRIT granted its weak, others are already great, but not a step in right direction

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

What specifically did John say about the heal? I’m really curious, cause I’m glad to hear they know its bad…

in PvP

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Hmm mesmers..high uptime protection, lots of aegis, nearly perma vigor, invis, spammy Al, invuls, high damage, teleports, 446656845 free out of jail cards,15k base hp and 1k hp/3sec.. Yeah sounds balanced

Keep talking about healing signet guys ; o

(edited by Scoobaniec.9561)

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

What specifically did John say about the heal? I’m really curious, cause I’m glad to hear they know its bad…

he said it would be super strong in team fights for spiking down targets, that it will add an additional 6k damage to said target.
The idea is there, i just dont think it will work right now.

in PvP

Bhawb.7408

he said it would be super strong in team fights for spiking down targets, that it will add an additional 6k damage to said target.
The idea is there, i just dont think it will work right now.

So again, they spout nonsensical BS based on numbers that will never be achieved against decent players in realistic play?

This reeks of the same crap that was shoved in our faces when we were told we didn’t know how to use DS (you’re supposed to save it for right before you die, apparently), when we were told 4 months after the fact that Putrid Mark was indeed stealth nerfed and it could be put on full CD when interrupted (despite no skill with similar function doing that), wrongly I might add as he was corrected later, and more recently when we were told that Blood magic Siphoning was starting to feel right.

No one should be surprised though. The devs never post in the Necromancer forums, why should we expect them to have any idea what they are talking about or any sense of connection with the community when they actively avoid us?

My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

Engi heal will not be used. In terms of bunkering maybe but for normal engi it will not be used. Healing turret heals far more.

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

With the exception of Necro and Thief, all the heals have potential. They’re different, they’re new, they likely open up new spec options. Some seem really powerful, bordering on OP, but that’s just a first impression. Meta will have to settle before we can see how well each heal works (though the Mesmer signet looks insane on paper).

Livestream necro heal is a gutted, kittenty version of the datamined heal – it appears worthless. The datamined version might have been too much (just conjecture, not suggesting it was definitely OP), but the livestream version is certainly awful. An ICD? Why bother?

Livestream thief heal is better than the datamined version, but somehow still garbage – It’ll only be taken with Venom share builds (Yay spending 50/60 trait points to make my heal worth using), and even then its uninspired and boring compared to the design of all the other heals (even the necro heal, which was destroyed by the details – the design itself is interesting). It’s almost as if anet has no idea what it’s doing when it comes to thief.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

(edited by evilapprentice.6379)

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

“The Balance Team” should balance for PvP first and foremost and then balance for PvE based on sPvP as a base. Then let WvW run wild because it was never supposed to be balanced and be a server based logistics game.

Some of these skills were thought out, Defiant stance and the Engie one I like. High risk and high reward for playing them right.

But then we get the Mesmer one… Yeah ok it’s balanced on Shatter builds… But you just pointlessly buffed two already really really strong specs? Why? Cuz they needed to be viable in WvW??? I don’t get it. -_-

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

“The Balance Team” should balance for PvP first and foremost and then balance for PvE based on sPvP as a base. Then let WvW run wild because it was never supposed to be balanced and be a server based logistics game.

Some of these skills were thought out, Defiant stance and the Engie one I like. High risk and high reward for playing them right.

But then we get the Mesmer one… Yeah ok it’s balanced on Shatter builds… But you just pointlessly buffed two already really really strong specs? Why? Cuz they needed to be viable in WvW??? I don’t get it. -_-

The silly thing is, it buffs Phant and PU mesmers a ton for spvp, which they did NOT need, and doesn’t even really buff them much in WvW because clones never live in WvW due to aoe, they’re better off with Fest or Mirror x.X

in PvP

Posted by: Balefire.7592

Balefire.7592

They should just rename Vampiric Signet to Bad Healing Signet “ANET Prefers Warriors.”

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Well considering it heals for 52 healing per second less if hit every second on the second at best… yeah, pretty much. Warriors can haz stability! CC/Condies immunity! Tons of personal CC! Blocks! and HEALING SIG!

Necros can STEAL! 40 hp when they hit! ZOMGZZZZZZZZZZ NURF. AND! They can now heal for 300! hp when it! Making them super sustained. Sure, they have abysmal Mobility and no blocks/defensive boons/evades, but dude… You get Death shroud! You basically have 2 health bars. its just that 1 starts off at 0 and takes for kittening ever to fill up and drains all by itself, but still! You have 2 bars regardless! 2 stronk plx nurf Necros rite, guis?

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

ranger, necro – complete garbage
thief, ele, engie – solid, interesting
mesmer, guard, war – OP

in PvP

Bhawb.7408

I have to say, to look on the bright side of things: there has been some great comedy coming out of this. The heal still sucks, but at least I can laugh about it before I cry myself to sleep tonight.

My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

I posted it in the necro forums but I think more people should see it:

I mean okay. Go to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgbxrtCvJLk&feature=c4-overview&list=UUP_FgMqOxp_VsM0UfrL-DxA

Set it to: 50:00 (exactly) and see the energy/happiness/joy from the Guardian heal.
Then set it to: 57:00 to watch it all or 58:30 specifically and watch to the end of the necro. It’s disheartening. It’s like Grouch was just waiting for it to be over… He healed for 5.6k with that 35 second CD heal…

That’s all I’m saying.

in PvP

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

I posted it in the necro forums but I think more people should see it:

I mean okay. Go to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgbxrtCvJLk&feature=c4-overview&list=UUP_FgMqOxp_VsM0UfrL-DxA

Set it to: 50:00 (exactly) and see the energy/happiness/joy from the Guardian heal.
Then set it to: 57:00 to watch it all or 58:30 specifically and watch to the end of the necro. It’s disheartening. It’s like Grouch was just waiting for it to be over… He healed for 5.6k with that 35 second CD heal…

That’s all I’m saying.

Wow, that Guardian heal!!

Epic.

That Necro heal is really bad… A-net trolled us again.

But hey, at least a cool red circle pops over someone’s head – that’s pretty much over powered in terms of aesthetics.

I give up.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

(edited by Avigrus.2871)

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Necro, mesmer, and ranger heals were underwhelming. The rest were okay.

… I still want tengu.

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Mesmer heal will be incredibly overpowered. Necro heal incredibly underpowered.

Everything else looks quite good!

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Agreed except if I’m not mistaken, this new heal might actually be pretty OP for PU Mesmers, can’t be 100% certain on that yet though, but it may have promise for them. (Not that PU needed it, but regardless.)

in PvP

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

I love how they felt like the fact that new mesmer heal is slightly worse than healing signet is a problem, so much so that they felt they had to make the active better. Do they not realize mesmer is 100x more elusive than warrior? A constantly stealthing mesmer is already impossible to kill, did they really need a passive that heals them for such an obscene amount? Amount of illusions is a non-factor with the clone on dodge trait.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I love how they felt like the fact that new mesmer heal is slightly worse than healing signet is a problem, so much so that they felt they had to make the active better. Do they not realize mesmer is 100x more elusive than warrior? A constantly stealthing mesmer is already impossible to kill, did they really need a passive that heals them for such an obscene amount? Amount of illusions is a non-factor with the clone on dodge trait.

PU condi-mesmers are guaranteed to have 3 illusions out 95% of the time b/c if you are killing all of the illusions so he isn’t at full life, you will be dead due to the condis. If you aren’t killing the clones, they will gradually die on you when he spams more, killing you with condis. All the while, he will be blinking, stealthing, and porting around, healing passively.

EZ mode spec now easier? Mission accomplished.

in PvP

Posted by: faeral.7120

faeral.7120

I would like to know the reasoning behind adding Water Spirit. Certainly this is to help out underused Ranger builds, but I’d just like to hear it from them.

in PvP

Posted by: mons.1386

mons.1386

Ronpierce,
I thought exactly the same thing as you.Even the developper tried hard with the necro to get a decent healing and didn’t manage to.(And it was on an afk golem…)
It looked so obvious…

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Necro/engi will rip a PU mesmer a new one any day. AoE condi walks all over PU mesmer.

And a warrior will not die to a mesmer unless he stays there waiting to be worn down.

PU mesmer is a duelist build. Not roaming, not spvp, not dungeon. Just for duels where someone will stay and allow you to hit them because PU mesmer can’t chase a retreating target at all.

in PvP

Posted by: miriforst.1290

miriforst.1290

Once again, if you fear for AR this is the last of the heals after maybe H i would think AR is abuseable with. AR is based on living on the edge of death for a indefinite amount of time, the fatal damage could come at any given time during that. If the engineer activates that to cover his kitten when under AR, wait those few seconds and enjoy as he screwed it up for himself whether by healing for the full or just 5k. Either you managed to “kill him” and you don’t have much problem with AR in the first place or you don’t, and his low heal simply put him on a nice comfy point for you to condiburst him/her to Hades. And even if he heals for the 12k, he is now susceptible for burst anyway, and he got fewer condi clears to survive to the limit. To fully abuse *AR you need elixir C, which got a 40 sec cooldown. Alternatives is trying to clear as much as possible with turret(which risks healing you up again most of the time if used for clearing) or elixir gun and antidote from medkit, but there is a great risk that because of that necro signet nuking you, a burn or a stack of bleed make it through, and then you really need a decent heal like turrets regen or medkits medpack, simply using A.E.D WILL get you killed in such situations. “yay im imune to conditions for 1 second, ouch now im condibursted again”. This is not a defence of AR but STOP making it out like A.E.D will make it worse. This heal is based around knowing when you are going to get killed. Bunkering outside of the old R usage was not based around that. The difference between this and elixir R is that R occupied a utility, this takes up a heal. Remember how many bunker engineers we saw regularly in the meta before healing turret? That turret gave engineers the ability to have a good HPS, acess to two water fields and aoe heal and a condition clear. You think that this heal, a rather easily counterable heal that does not do considerably more hps than medkit (hell i can probably heal for atleast 20k during that time + clear 2 conditions and gain 20 seconds of fury and easy use of on heal runes with medkit during the time that A.E.D heals for 12k, not to mention if the enemy choose not to kill him during those 5 seconds, which means 5k heal on a 40sec cooldown for that engineer who is then royally and majorly kittened if he is trying to fight any kind of attrition war).

This is a hit and run heal. It is made for glassy SD engis (yeah we see a lot of those) who knows that as soon as someone looks at them then either the enemy will be dead in 5 seconds or they themselves will be, meaning its easier to predict. Also the only point in that tool belt is to trigger another SD. Who knows i might actually try a glassy engi again just for giggles. But this is not the heal i would choose for a bunker build.

(edited by miriforst.1290)

in PvP

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

from what i saw necro heal is usless why??
-u cant heal in DS
-the dmg in game is too hight to make this signet good

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

The necro signet:
First thing you should do when you see a red mark over your head. attack the necro because you know he has an awefull disgustingly crap heal that actually was mean to be a utility.

kitten this skill, kitten the baise towards other classes and kitten your so called balance.
Oh and kitten this skill

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Posted by: azuzephyr.7280

azuzephyr.7280

Necro signet had all my hopes up for a viable siphon spec to finally hit the scene, now they are crawling back to their grave

in PvP

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

The necro signet:
First thing you should do when you see a red mark over your head. attack the necro because you know he has an awefull disgustingly crap heal that actually was mean to be a utility.

kitten this skill, kitten the baise towards other classes and kitten your so called balance.
Oh and kitten this skill

Pretty much this…

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Agreed except if I’m not mistaken, this new heal might actually be pretty OP for PU Mesmers, can’t be 100% certain on that yet though, but it may have promise for them. (Not that PU needed it, but regardless.)

you truly believe that thieves heal was OK?! a poison on a 45 sec CD that requires you to LAND 4 hits in order to get healed?! Not to mention you need to be in Cleric gear and and it is heavily trait dependent?!

in PvP

Posted by: DrTenma.7249

DrTenma.7249

Lol hotjoin is already flooded with mesmers and they are kittening buffing them.