Your silence speaks volumes

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

So is this officially a dead game mode or what? The rating give away ur system just gave me is nothing short of astonishing, +6 for a 4v5 win -16 to -18 for putting silvers on my team against top 25 duos. I’ll be passing the word on to a few connected friends about the current state of this game.

Enjoy the articles

in PvP

Posted by: beatthedown.2651

beatthedown.2651

So is this officially a dead game mode or what? The rating give away ur system just gave me is nothing short of astonishing, +6 for a 4v5 win -16 to -18 for putting silvers on my team against top 25 duos. I’ll be passing the word on to a few connected friends about the current state of this game.

Enjoy the articles

Oh crap we are doomed.

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

oh noes hes going to ten ton hammer gw2 into the ground!

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Pretty much the same thing here for me.

https://puu.sh/vpvoN/43356716df.png

Got hit with a -39 one game last week having a keyboard turning thief and necro on my team. It was the reason I stopped trying, wins were like +7 if lucky and losses were painful. I was considering grinding 120 games for leaderboard in the last week but after that I realized I had better things to do so I just do 1 game every 4 days to keep the Plat badge for S6.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Vicariuz.1605

Enjoy the articles

Oh crap we are doomed.

no no no u misunderstand it’s not a doomsday thing, just a factual analysis of the current system for a wholeeee bunch more to see!

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Enjoy the articles

Oh crap we are doomed.

no no no u misunderstand it’s not a doomsday thing, just a factual analysis of the current system for a wholeeee bunch more to see!

Can’t wait to see how many people care. My prediction: 0.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Vicariuz.1605

Enjoy the articles

Oh crap we are doomed.

and i care about u equally thx xfor the negative input!

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Currently it seems the system discourages playing after you reached platin (only playing to stop decay). Also many will stop after geting maximum ascended shards.

in PvP

Vicariuz.1605

Hey Evan, tell me the ratings of the players in my last game. Surprise me.

Then tell me that it’s acceptable and “cool” and “fun.” I’ll wait.

in PvP

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

It’s literally, allow matches with multiple hundreds of rating in discrepancy or not play the game at all because queue times would be that horrific due to low population.

That’s the message being sent by ArenaNet this season.

Please fix it by providing an good incentive to play this game format.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Enjoy the articles

Oh crap we are doomed.

and i care about u equally thx xfor the negative input!

Negative pointless post, negative input. Nobody cares either way. Lol

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

idk why this made me laugh so hard, have a +1

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

idk why this made me laugh so hard, have a +1

It made me laugh because I know. No new PvP oriented player that puts a tiny bit of effort on researching the GW2’s PvP scene would even bother in the first place.

All they have to find is. “GW2 has been dropped by ESL” And go “Yeah screw that crap. I’m going to a actual PvP supported game.”

So his article will have no bearing what so ever on GW2.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Enjoy the articles

Pretty much the forum equivalent of the rich kid shouting “JUST WAIT UNTIL MY DADDY HEARS ABOUT THIS!”

in PvP

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

I don’t care about ESL honestly. If people don’t want to play ESL then why care if a game has it or not? Prestige? Because the game is considered “balanced?” Because the game has talented players to compete against?

Balance will never be perfect or easy to achieve. I can play chess if I want perfect balance after all. Talented players might be a draw but I wouldn’t want to play against people who spend all their waking hours on it. People who care about ESL and don’t play ESL are like disappointed sports fans who like watching more than they like playing the game.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Enjoy the articles

Pretty much the forum equivalent of the rich kid shouting “JUST WAIT UNTIL MY DADDY HEARS ABOUT THIS!”

good usage of words there, might actually avoid getting infracted.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

I don’t care about ESL honestly. If people don’t want to play ESL then why care if a game has it or not? Prestige? Because the game is considered “balanced?” Because the game has talented players to compete against?

Balance will never be perfect or easy to achieve. I can play chess if I want perfect balance after all. Talented players might be a draw but I wouldn’t want to play against people who spend all their waking hours on it. People who care about ESL and don’t play ESL are like disappointed sports fans who like watching more than they like playing the game.

It would be nice to spectate ongoing ranked games. Idk how much effort that would require from developers though.

in PvP

Vicariuz.1605

I like the mob mentality bois, keep up the Lord’s work.
Oh and I personally love the rich kid reference, really dove deep down to pull that one out didn’t we hahahaha. I’ll just ignore the bronze god peanut gallery. Keybind some skills then come back bud.

And reaper, I’ve read ur bronze kitten posts for long enough, try to actually read something before commenting. It’s not MY article lmfao, nor my dads, for the other uninformed screeching ape. And it will absolutely be impactful, my network is solid. U mad doe LUL.

OK evan, now that the wittle toddwers are on nap time after their bottles, still waiting to hear how enjoyable, fun, and cool, my last match was.

in PvP

Posted by: JusticeRetroHunter.7684

JusticeRetroHunter.7684

You are yelling at A-Net about an issue caused by low population…and your solution, is to change the matchmaking algorithm?

It’s obvious that low population is out of Arena net’s direct control. The only way to solve the issue of low population is to incentivise players to return to PVP, which means providing one, if not all of the following

1) Changing the Meta.
2) Adding diversity in game-modes and builds
3) PVE rewards for the PVE noobers who want “more rewards”.

(edited by JusticeRetroHunter.7684)

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

You are yelling at A-Net about an issue caused by low population…and your solution, is to change the matchmaking algorithm?

It’s obvious that low population is out of Arena net’s direct control. The only way to solve the issue of low population is to incentivise players to return to PVP, which means providing one, if not all of the following

1) Changing the Meta.
2) Adding diversity in game-modes and builds
3) PVE rewards for the PVE noobers who want “more rewards”.

As a player who played since game release for about 4-6 hours a day who hasn’t played in 2 weeks now, none of that will make me return.

Changing the matchmaking how ever, will. Hard capping games so I don’t have to play with Bronzes and top 20 players while I’m in Gold WILL actually let me enjoy the game, the purpose of a game is enjoyment after all.

I said this last season too, I could see the flaws in the system and predicted what would happen if it wasn’t changed this season, and that prediction has come true.

TLDR: Matchmaking is horrible and is killing the game, reducing population and creating a downward spiral that’s only getting worse.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in PvP

JusticeRetroHunter.7684

As a player who played since game release for about 4-6 hours a day who hasn’t played in 2 weeks now, none of that will make me return.

Changing the matchmaking how ever, will. Hard capping games so I don’t have to play with Bronzes and top 20 players while I’m in Gold WILL actually let me enjoy the game, the purpose of a game is enjoyment after all.

TLDR: Matchmaking is horrible and is killing the game, reducing population and creating a downward spiral that’s only getting worse.

Then you clearly don’t understand the issue.

The reason you are getting bad matches is because the population is low.

If they were to change the algorithm to favor better matchmaking in this low pop state, you’d get NO matches because there aren’t enough people at your skill level that are playing at the same time.

Nothing has changed between season 5 and season 6, yet the population went down… It’s not a mystery to anyone as to why that is.

in PvP

sephiroth.4217

If they were to change the algorithm to favor better matchmaking in this low pop state, you’d get NO matches because there aren’t enough people at your skill level that are playing at the same time.

Nothing has changed between season 5 and season 6, yet the population went down… It’s not a mystery to anyone as to why that is.

No I understand the issue perfectly. I’ll simplify it for you though.

Active game > People having fun.
Rating comes around > People see how broken matchmaking is > People leave.
People leave > population gets low.
Population gets low > matches get worse.
Matches get worse > More people leave.
downward spiral from there.

You’re more than welcome to speculate why some of us are leaving, but I’m telling you from my personal opinion that I left because of matchmaking and your ideas to help me come back, won’t work because it’s the matchmaking that killed the game, or having rating to allow us to see how broken matchmaking is. Which ever way you look at it. But the defining factor and what is making people leave, is matchmaking.

You know what changed from S5 to s6? It was hope. Hope that season 6 would be better, but it’s not. There’s no mystery to it.

Your ideas were good, but only for people who are still playing the game but sadly even those ideas won’t make me sit through insufferable games.

….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Oh and I personally love the rich kid reference, really dove deep down to pull that one out didn’t we hahahaha. I’ll just ignore the bronze god peanut gallery. Keybind some skills then come back bud.

And reaper, I’ve read ur bronze kitten posts for long enough, try to actually read something before commenting. It’s not MY article lmfao, nor my dads, for the other uninformed screeching ape. And it will absolutely be impactful, my network is solid. U mad doe LUL.

OK evan, now that the wittle toddwers are on nap time after their bottles, still waiting to hear how enjoyable, fun, and cool, my last match was.

Wait what, quote me here on this thread when I was complaining? Also resorting to personal attacks, just proves you acknowledge the fact that you lost the debate. And have no more ground to stand on. So you lash out against the person instead of the debate. Your personal attacks here, is not even coherent at all. But I am the child. Very funny.

A.) What are you talking about?
B.) Who are you even?
C.) You are pretty comical, you would make for a simi decent jester.(I mean that in a respectful way, by the way)

Almost a proper troll on the forums. Keyword there almost. Keep at it, you’ll get there sooner or later.

You’re more than welcome to speculate why some of us are leaving, but I’m telling you from my personal opinion that I left because of matchmaking and your ideas to help me come back, won’t work because it’s the matchmaking that killed the game, or having rating to allow us to see how broken matchmaking is. Which ever way you look at it. But the defining factor and what is making people leave, is matchmaking.

You know what changed from S5 to s6? It was hope. Hope that season 6 would be better, but it’s not. There’s no mystery to it.

Your ideas were good, but only for people who are still playing the game but sadly even those ideas won’t make me sit through insufferable games.

My old friends and I also left because of match quality. The community that is left playing ,just needs to face up to the fact. People left the game because the PvP match quality is much worst then most B rated P2W titles.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

(edited by Reaper Alim.4176)

in PvP

Vicariuz.1605

Wait what, quote me here on this thread when I was complaining? Also resorting to personal attacks, just proves you acknowledge the fact that you lost the debate. And have no more ground to stand on. So you lash out against the person instead of the debate. Your personal attacks here, is not even coherent at all. But I am the child. Very funny.

A.) What are you talking about?
B.) Who are you even?
C.) You are pretty comical, you would make for a simi decent jester.(I mean that in a respectful way, by the way)

Almost a proper troll on the forums. Keyword there almost. Keep at it, you’ll get there sooner or later.

My old friends and I also left because of match quality. The community that is left playing ,just needs to face up to the fact. People left the game because the PvP match quality is much worst then most B rated P2W titles.

Sry to inform, there’s no debate. And just throwing back what I’m getting, fun isn’t it? And as for the sentence regarding u, I’ve seen your posts, low skill, low tier, suggestions. And LOL, I’m sry u think that’s me lashing out, couldn’t be farther from the truth hahahaha

And Evan, still waiting.

in PvP

JusticeRetroHunter.7684

Okay, Did you know they actually improved the algorithm in S6? They abolished class stacking… Probably one of the worst offenders in matchmaking, and they were successful in getting rid of it.

The algorithm works just fine when there are more people playing…So when we had a high population in S5, how come people left? Can’t be because match quality was bad due to silver people being in Gold matches? The population was fine enough for that to not be the reason. There’s an obvious answer here as to why people left, and we are in the situation we are in now…but ill leave that to you to make that conclusion on your own.

Anyway, lets say Arena-net were to “improve the algorithm”, and gate matchmaking by rank or division(even worse). This is what will happen…on the first day.

Legendary players = will never get matches
Platinum players = will never get matches
Gold players = a few matches will be played, but there is a line, because only 1 or 2 might be going on. Means you have to wait 5 – 10 minutes for a game… and you’ll be fighting with the same people over and over again. “How fun.”
Silver = Matches will be played
Bronze = Matches will be played

At night, these will significantly dwindle.

So what happens? the current Legend, platinum and gold players stop playing…because the que times won’t work for them…

Okay. then what happens? The players who hear that “matchmaking improved” come back to find that their que doesn’t exist, because everyone who’s tried to get a match haven’t had one. This also has a feedback effect….people cant get a match for 15 – 30 minutes? They are just gonna do something else and leave…that’s way worse then what is happening now. Now is this an over-exaggeration? No it’s not. Within the top 250, lies all the gold 3 players, platinum 1 – 3 and legendary players. That means those 250 people, 10 of them have to be online, in the same division to get a match. That’s a razor thin margin, and if you count right now, there are probably only 50-80 people maximum in gold 3…

Gold 1 and 2 it gets slightly better, probably around 200 people all together, maybe more. but again, we’re talking razor thin margins, in which 10 from the same division have to be online for you to have one game.

So no i’m not exaggerating when i say people wont have games…who’s gonna say the algorithm improved when they can’t even play games? lol

(edited by JusticeRetroHunter.7684)

in PvP

sephiroth.4217

Okay, Did you know they actually improved the algorithm in S6? They abolished class stacking… Probably one of the worst offenders in matchmaking, and they were successful in getting rid of it.

The algorithm works just fine when there are more people playing…So when we had a high population in S5, how come people left? Can’t be because match quality was bad due to silver people being in Gold matches? The population was fine enough for that to not be the reason. There’s an obvious answer here as to why people left, and we are in the situation we are in now…but ill leave that to you to make that conclusion on your own.

Anyway, lets say Arena-net were to “improve the algorithm”, and gate matchmaking by rank or division(even worse). This is what will happen…on the first day.

Legendary players = will never get matches
Platinum players = will never get matches
Gold players = a few matches will be played, but there is a line, because only 1 or 2 might be going on. Means you have to wait 5 – 10 minutes for a game… and you’ll be fighting with the same people over and over again. “How fun.”
Silver = Matches will be played
Bronze = Matches will be played

At night, these will significantly dwindle.

So what happens? the current Legend, platinum and gold players stop playing…because the que times won’t work for them…

Okay. then what happens? The players who hear that “matchmaking improved” come back to find that their que doesn’t exist, because everyone who’s tried to get a match haven’t had one. This also has a feedback effect….people cant get a match for 15 – 30 minutes? They are just gonna do something else and leave…that’s way worse then what is happening now. Now is this an over-exaggeration? No it’s not. Within the top 250, lies all the gold 3 players, platinum 1 – 3 and legendary players. That means those 250 people, 10 of them have to be online, in the same division to get a match. That’s a razor thin margin, and if you count right now, there are probably only 50-80 people maximum in gold 3…

Gold 1 and 2 it gets slightly better, probably around 200 people all together, maybe more. but again, we’re talking razor thin margins, in which 10 from the same division have to be online for you to have one game.

So no i’m not exaggerating when i say people wont have games…who’s gonna say the algorithm improved when they can’t even play games? lol

That change wasn’t anything spectacular, it was mostly aimed at people who didn’t know how to handle stacked DH’s….

If you want to speculate, you’re more than welcome too. If you want to keep it the same, then don’t complain about the matches because the rest of us left.

At the end of it all, You’re still playing the game and you’re trying to make suggestions on how to get people who left to come back while I am a player who left saying certain things need to change in order for myself and others to return, mostly it’s remove rating or hard cap the games.

/Signed,
An Australian who always has “outlier” matches. (I’m Aussie and would still rather my games be hardcapped, that’s how many f’s I give towards queue times for the sake of good games)

….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: insaneseagull.7063

insaneseagull.7063

Enjoy the articles

Oh crap we are doomed.

lmfao. Why would this have any severe negative impact on people who who don’t even play the pvp game mode or even gw2 in general? It’s not like there’s a thousand people sitting on the fence going “mhm..maybe I should give gw2 a try”….

Why would they even write about what you say is a “dead game mode” anyway? I’m sure there’s a hundred other things that’s of more value to them than writing an article(s) based on one POV.

Good luck,mate.

Server: Far Shiverpeaks
IGN: Sparkly Darkness/Sinh Verdandi/Got D Boons
Guild: Anime And Manga Club [AMC]

in PvP

Posted by: insaneseagull.7063

insaneseagull.7063

Enjoy the articles

You nailed that right lol

Server: Far Shiverpeaks
IGN: Sparkly Darkness/Sinh Verdandi/Got D Boons
Guild: Anime And Manga Club [AMC]

in PvP

Posted by: Thane.9421

Thane.9421

Just coming in to point out something that lower MMR players not be realizing:

Low population is the #1 biggest problem for Spvp, yes. But rewarding points off of personal MMR rather than team MMR also discourages higher ranked players from playing unless it’s on an alt accounts. And the alt accounts going around are probably the #2 biggest issue this season.

This mechanic is WHY op got such a disparity of rating gain/loss in his matches. It’s not the QUALITY of the match that is the problem, it is the ACTUAL POINTS GAINED/LOST.

Solution: rating gained or lost based on TEAM MMR.

in PvP

Posted by: Elementalist Owner.7802

Elementalist Owner.7802

I know people, important people I say! You don’t know what I’m capable of!!

The Art of Roaming [gank]