Your tier list

Your tier list

in PvP

Posted by: Sovari.7246

Sovari.7246

Well just wondering how you guys view certain classes in PvP here’s mine from having to fight other classes and being teamed up with them

These are all in elite spec cause core is really bad in PvP I just put this on how most of my teamates are in these classes and fighting against them not saying they are bad but just that a lot of people seem to suck at certain classes

1) Guardian
2) Thief
3) Warrior
4) Engineer
5) Necro
6) Elementalist
7) Ranger
8) Revenant

Your tier list

in PvP

Posted by: iTz Joshz.3961

iTz Joshz.3961

Tier 1: Thief/Mes/Ele
Tier 2: Druid/Engi/Rev/Nec
Tier 3: DH
Tier 4: Warrior

Something kinda like that. Not sure on all of mine but in general this is pretty accurate for high-tier.

Your tier list

in PvP

Posted by: Beast.6745

Beast.6745

Tier 1: Guardian
Tier 2: Druid/Engi/Ele/
Tier3: Thief/Mesmer/Warrior
Tier 4: Necro/Rev/

HURRICANE PATRICIA

Your tier list

in PvP

Posted by: Koto.1824

Koto.1824

I couldn’t put them in tiers but the ideal comp is:
Thief
Mes
Necro
Ele
Engi
This comp is only good for organized teams, not pugs
Rev is unplayable even in condi, (gets rekt by thief and necro)
Druid comes in 3rd as a support class
DH is ok but meh
War is pretty good overall, but there are definitely better options

In soloq, I don’t know what a good comp is, but maybe replacing the Mes and Engi with Guard and War, something like that.

#1 Thief Antarctica
Still waiting for that Shield/Shield meta

Your tier list

in PvP

Posted by: iTz Joshz.3961

iTz Joshz.3961

I couldn’t put them in tiers but the ideal comp is:
Thief
Mes
Necro
Ele
Engi
This comp is only good for organized teams, not pugs
Rev is unplayable even in condi, (gets rekt by thief and necro)
Druid comes in 3rd as a support class
DH is ok but meh
War is pretty good overall, but there are definitely better options

In soloq, I don’t know what a good comp is, but maybe replacing the Mes and Engi with Guard and War, something like that.

As someone who has been playing & watching the scrims on EU over the last few days and as someone who messes a lot with comps I’m sorry but this isn’t really true. The only teams who are even potentially running that comp are [rawr]&[sen] and a lot of other teams are running something else. Most of which are doing pretty good.
So I’m not sure yet if anyone can say for sure that this is the “ideal” comp.

Regarding the rev thing… rev is fine. In fact the current team winning most scrims (rawr aren’t scrimming the majority of teams so I can’t comment on them) is running a rev. Not going to out them but for reference they’re thief/mes/rev/ele/druid.

(edited by iTz Joshz.3961)

Your tier list

in PvP

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

>Thief
May not be great in team fights, but its the Decap/+1 king right now. Can pick and choose fights easily, too.

>Elementalist/Engineer
Team-fights can still be decided by which group has a Tempest in their teamfights and which doesn’t. Their support is mostly unrivaled still. Scrappers are still fairly strong despite nerfs both in group fights and duels

>Mesmer/Warrior
The former’s still safe condi-pressure and clone generation, and still one of the better duelist professions. The latter is also good at duels and has the damage/sustain to manage team fights well, bursting down important targets with CC and moderate-high damage.

>Ranger/DH
The former still has enough mobility and sustain to contest side nodes and enough healing to help in team fights, though they will struggle to do much more than bunker. Fairly prone to Thief+1s too. Dragonhunters can still curbstomp those who cant get a clue about how to manage traps and can bunker decently.

>Revenant
Can do some teamfighting, support, or +1 roaming on side nodes, but not as good as any of the above in either respect. Can get absolutely crushed by conditions without Mallyx (and if Resistance is corrupted, then that’s useless, too) so some babysitting from an Elementalist/Ranger goes a long way to keeping them going

>Necromancer

They’re the biggest double-edged sword in this game mode. On one hand, they can absolutely shred a group with conditions and cleave, but on the other, they’re the biggest target due to no passive defenses and few active ones. Desperately needs team support compared to those above.

Your tier list

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

In terms of solo carry in ranked:
Top tier: Druid, engi, thief
Mid tier: Rev, Mesmer
Bottom tier: Guard, warr, necro, ele

However, when in duo q this changes massively. Necro and ele, although they are very weak for solo carry, become absolute top tier for carrying when in duo. Probably the strongest duo for carry is ele/nec followed by Mesmer/thief. Engi/Druid is a very strong duo too.

Really, for winning in ranked you need to be running with a classes that work well together in duo and making sure the people you duo with are at least on the same skill tier as you.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

Your tier list

in PvP

Posted by: hiems.8769

hiems.8769

On a SoloQ perspective some professions do have advantage, but you need to think about class stack, team comp and even on some cases a map will be a problem if you go deeper. On organized 5v5 it’s fairly eazy to do a tier list, given that 4 professions are a must have for any team and you have one space that can be filled with pretty much anything else because it doesn’t really matters.

I don’t think I can do a tier list without talking about builds, but let’s try not going too deep on this because talking about SoloQ is little bit too hard on this game. Being S+ a god tier (when you will do well on any team comp besides some cases of profession/build stacking), S a dominant tier (when you will do well on most scenarios), A a medium tier (you will do well depending on team comp), B a low tier (you can do well, but is heavily dependant on team comp; enemy and yours) and C a trash tier (when you can do well, but it’s very unlikely and you could use any tier B build instead of one of this and do better).

S+: meta daredevil, chronophantasma.

S: mender scrapper, mender tempest.

A: mender druid, power rev, power war, shoutbow, dh, power mes, any other thief build with at least bow. .

B: condition reaper, power reaper, condition war, condition scrapper, burn guard.

C: condition rev, ele fresh air, power ranger, condition ranger, rifle engi, rifle war, core necro, ventari rev and any other nonsense builds.

Your tier list

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

would go for

Druid
Mes/Ele/Thief
Necro/Engi
DH/Warrior
Rev

druid has mobility, support, and 1v1. it’s the best class overall, gives the most options and is essential for any team. mes, thief and ele all have a specific role, but all are must picks. necro and engi are more niche, but are gamechanging in teamfights. DH and warrior have damage and low utility, they are good but you don’t need them. rev is like warrior or ele but worse, not a great pick.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Your tier list

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

5v5 ele necro rev mes thief

Solo Queue
A: Mes Thief Rev Dh
B: Necro Eng
C: War Ele

Duo queues are more about roles filed than classes played.

Ranger | Elementalist

Your tier list

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Interesting seeing how different many of these lists are. I guess we’ll see what the reality is when everyone puts on their tryhard pants in the coming weeks.

I don’t have a list to contribute, but I will say I’ve noticed fewer cookie cutter builds than I’ve seen in a very long time. Could just be that things are still shook up from the last patch and people haven’t had a chance to see/copy what the top performing builds are.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

Your tier list

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

For soloQ:
1 thief, mesmer, elementalist
2 druid, engi
3 warrior, guardian
4 revenant, necro

Necro should be better but need a babysitter that care of him All the time, making that class the worst for soloQ. Also his damage is not so high, don’t have any good burst and the boon corruption ability is more or less useless against thief, mesmer, druid and ele because they don’t need stability to survive or spam might to burst down someone or do they’re role as a support.
I purt ele in top tier because a Good ele can seriously change the end of a fight.

Your tier list

in PvP

Posted by: Potato.2567

Potato.2567

SoloQ:
1. Thief, Mes
2. Ranger, Engi, Guard,
3. Ele, Necro, Rev
4. Warrior

Team Play:
1. Ele, Necro
2. Thief, Mes, Rev, Engi
3. Ranger, Guard
4. Warrior

Note that warrior, my former main class, has been horribly “balanced” and is now undisputably the worst class.

RIP Warrior

(edited by Potato.2567)

Your tier list

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

1. My least favorite classes
2. My second least favorite classes
3. Classes I don’t care about at all
4. My favorite classes

Your tier list

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Tier 0 (very op): Thief/mesmer

Tier 1 (OP): everything else

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Your tier list

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

1. My least favorite classes
2. My second least favorite classes
3. Classes I don’t care about at all
4. My favorite classes

10/10

Your tier list

in PvP

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

Solo: thief, mes > engi, druid, rev > necro > guard, warrior

Team: thief, mes, ele > engi, druid, rev, nec > guard, warrior

Your tier list

in PvP

Posted by: terrorshard.3854

terrorshard.3854

Tier 0 (in every team): Mesmer, Thief

Tier 1 (worthy of a spot): Ele, Guard

Tier 2 (isn’t dead weight): Ranger, Engi

Tier 3 (needs help): Necromancer, Warrior

Tier 4 (troll pick): Rev

Your tier list

in PvP

Posted by: Koto.1824

Koto.1824

Tier 0 (very op): Thief/mesmer

Tier 1 (OP): everything else

You are the definition of salty my dude.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Hilarious-balance-of-gw2-mesmer-thief/first#post6617101

#1 Thief Antarctica
Still waiting for that Shield/Shield meta

Your tier list

in PvP

Posted by: GweenDwagon.6705

GweenDwagon.6705

Heres where I think we are for solo qeue this season.

Tier 1: Thief, Guardian
Tier 2: Warrior, Engi, necro,Ele
Tier 3, Ranger, Rev, Mesmer

Arranged by Tier, and also by individual value left to right and top to bottom!
I’m pretty adamant about this due to a few particulars.

Thief: despite having a higher skill cap than some of the other classes, also has crazy mobility right now and the ability to hard counter some builds.

Guardian: The general inverse of Thief right now would be DH, fairly low skill cap in comparison until higher level of play, upon which the sustain is crazy good if you know how to run it and you can 2v1 on points with a kitten ton of bully off point and carry a team. harder than most other builds

Warrior is the one class I don’t really play at all so I’ll just say this, The viability of both power and condi combined with heavy armor is annoying as hell to most other builds.

Engi: Never cosidered going main on engi especially for pvp until this season, Power/support scrapper engi build still being the only one viable in competitive spvp shows that metabattle doesnt know what the kitten they are talking about. p/p engi is a great build since patch with almost as much condi damage as corruptionmancer and more mobility/survivability, you just need to build it right and practice a bit.

Mesmer: I love mes and its my main for WvW but the state for spvp is weak as it stands due to so much reliance on chrono spec.

Ranger: Still dirty in team fights and bordering OP in a lot of situations but complete kitten in enough 1v1 situations that the ability to carry is weak

Revenant: Doubting the general viablility for this season in lower than mid gold.

Necro: Having the potentialy best condi build in a power meta makes necro invaluable, that being said most of the potential builds have generally been nerfed since sustain of other builds and has increased

Ele: still as tanky as ever, still unable to kill kitten, still bunkering, still spvp ele unchanged for months now

(edited by GweenDwagon.6705)

Your tier list

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Interesting how some people have DH and Rev at top tier and others have it bottom tier. Guess i have to dig through post history to see who i’m supposed to believe. People that actually know what they are talking about vs bronze scrubs/forum heroes.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "