Zerker stance/endure pain/contesting a point

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Anyone with an immunity such as this should not be able to contest a point. It would solve:

1, The bunker meta (which is dependent on warriors filling in where required).
2, Warriors being broken machines of death that can do everything you want to do in conquest (run fast, tank a point, stomp, res, kill people, 1v1, 1v2, 2v2, 2v3, 3v3, 4v4, 5v5, 3v4)
3, Warrior being the most skill-less class in the game (there are about 100 warriors capable of playing at the top level and maybe 10-20 maximum for any other class – even thief)

This change is so obviously good for the game that it hurts my head.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

They did this. Ele became top dog. They nerfed ele, they undid the invuln loses cap, warrior became top dog. They unnerfed ele….

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

+1

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: Silentshoes.1805

Silentshoes.1805

I guess that is all there is to say about that. Great, knowledgable reply, Eurantien.

The Alien (condi necro),That Wreckin Crew (Mesmer)
Silentshoes (Thief), Wind of the Woods (condi ranger)

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Simple solution. The very solution that GW1 had to Warriors and stances, the one solution that just makes sense.

Only 1 stance can be active at a time.

Did I just blow your mind? I think I just did.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

+1+1+1++++++++++++++++++111 This is great idea and wars wouldn’t need to be changed at all with this proposal.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Simple solution. The very solution that GW1 had to Warriors and stances, the one solution that just makes sense.

Only 1 stance can be active at a time.

Did I just blow your mind? I think I just did.

I like op idea better also that would affect wars outside of pvp aswell.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I agree that endure pain should not allow warriors to contest a point.

in PvP

Posted by: Mayama.1854

Mayama.1854

Just remove the bonus stats they get so a zerker warrior gets 2-3 hit by another zerker like everyone else or they go bunker and deal not much damage like everybody else.

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

Signet of stone contests a point

gerdian

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

They did this. Ele became top dog. They nerfed ele, they undid the invuln loses cap, warrior became top dog. They unnerfed ele….

Why did they undo the invun loses cap?

in PvP

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

While we’re at it, can we make any skills that block or evade uncontest points as well? Shelter, mace skills, shield skills, ranger sword/dagger skills, etc etc. And then let’s do the same for people with stability or projectile deflection/reflection. Yes it’s pretty ridiculous but so is the idea that Berserker Stance should uncontest a point.

I would honestly prefer going back to GW1’s system of considering how many players are around the point so that killing an enemy player meant a bit more and sitting on points meant even less.

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

ridiculous comparison.

endure pain does not stop conditions from being applied.
poison, bleeding, burning will melt a warrior with endure pain activated.

berserker stance does not remove existing conditions, only stops new conditions from being applied.

both endure pain and berserker stance does not stop control effects from being applied.

stability boon is easily removed.

this horse has been beaten to death.
stop whining already please.

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

ridiculous comparison.

endure pain does not stop conditions from being applied.
poison, bleeding, burning will melt a warrior with endure pain activated.

berserker stance does not remove existing conditions, only stops new conditions from being applied.

both endure pain and berserker stance does not stop control effects from being applied.

stability boon is easily removed.

this horse has been beaten to death.
stop whining already please.

They’re invulns, and the main reason why warrior is so braindead AND effective.

Warriors are making the game extremely boring, along with thieves.

in PvP

Posted by: Thaelias.7432

Thaelias.7432

They’re not invulnerabilities know. Endure Pain does not prevent conditions and zerker stance does not remove conditions but prevents application.

There are true invulnerabilities in this game but neither is one. If you mean that warriors can be yolo machines and pop both at combat start then they have about 8 seconds where you stand off point, then run in.

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

“Protect Me” is the same mechanic as endure pain but worse, the pet can die. Yet “Protect Me” does prevent capture point progression. :/

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

Anyone with an immunity such as this should not be able to contest a point. It would solve:

1, The bunker meta (which is dependent on warriors filling in where required).
2, Warriors being broken machines of death that can do everything you want to do in conquest (run fast, tank a point, stomp, res, kill people, 1v1, 1v2, 2v2, 2v3, 3v3, 4v4, 5v5, 3v4)
3, Warrior being the most skill-less class in the game (there are about 100 warriors capable of playing at the top level and maybe 10-20 maximum for any other class – even thief)

This change is so obviously good for the game that it hurts my head.

Not even close to 20 really good thieves necros and eles (Even if due to celestial opness they’re rising fast) i guess….but warriorz everywhere since one year ago…

And yeah gw1 was right with one stance at time…if you pop another stance the other one should end…lol i saw many warriors 1v1 popping up everything as soon as i go close to them wtf…. (While i’m on war ofc xD)

For those saying they’re not invulns yes you’re right…but when you are in zer+endure pain you’re pretty much invulnerable can just be knocked back/down..oh wait there’s balanced too if you need…and can still contest point.

One Stance At Time…here you have your solution.

Too bad noone gives a single kitten to solve anything in this pvp…

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

Berserker’s stance is a gamble because you need to use it before conditions get applied to you in order for it to be effective. It doesn’t remove conditions, just prevents new ones from being applied in the next eight seconds. After that there is a 60s cooldown during which that skill is just dead weight.

Endure pain? I don’t know any experienced sPvP player that is willing to waste a slot for a 4s invulnerability followed by a 60s cooldown. I personally main a warrior and can’t remember the last time I used it.

in PvP

Archaon.9524

Berserker’s stance is a gamble because you need to use it before conditions get applied to you in order for it to be effective. It doesn’t remove conditions, just prevents new ones from being applied in the next eight seconds. After that there is a 60s cooldown during which that skill is just dead weight.

Endure pain? I don’t know any experienced sPvP player that is willing to waste a slot for a 4s invulnerability followed by a 60s cooldown. I personally main a warrior and can’t remember the last time I used it.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQJASTjMdUFaXImhwJagqgC9iHAPg6eoxzhUbAA-TpBHwAGuAAAeAAOLDE4QAM4IAUa/BA

This is Rom’s hambow build directly from his twitch…just saying, but he’s probably not experienced enough i guess…thanks god we have those pro nonames like you coming out from nowhere showing us the way to go….just curiosity…what do you suggest in order to replace endure pain? Frenzy? xD

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQJASTjMdUFaXImhwJagqgC9iHAPg6eoxzhUbAA-TpBHwAGuAAAeAAOLDE4QAM4IAUa/BA

This is Rom’s hambow build directly from his twitch…just saying, but he’s probably not experienced enough i guess…thanks god we have those pro nonames like you coming out from nowhere showing us the way to go….just curiosity…what do you suggest in order to replace endure pain? Frenzy? xD

Signet of Stamina can very easily go into that slot. It’s a matter of personal comfort and personal preference.

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

in PvP

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

+1 yes, please!

in PvP

Posted by: Criminal.5627

Criminal.5627

“Protect Me” is the same mechanic as endure pain but worse, the pet can die. Yet “Protect Me” does prevent capture point progression. :/

protect me also does not usually last the full duration, the pet will usually die in a blink of an eye and will also leave you with out half of your class mechanic for 60 seconds (or your entire class mechanic if your other pet is already dead), really it is the worst skill to compare anything to because you really do shoot yourself in your foot. also after your pet dies, you take damage again even if the full duration does not tick off, swapping to a new pet will not continue it onto the new pet.

Signet of stone contests a point

That it does but it also usually means that the person holding it cant cleans crap for conditions, there are trade offs you have to make to use signets and have a working build hell you could do it easily but you wont kill anyone… rangers really have kittenty utilities atm and the crazy things they require to make them work.

Giant spiders of the world are just misunderstood creatures, they love to snuggle too.

(edited by Criminal.5627)

in PvP

Posted by: Eyia Hellhide.7320

Eyia Hellhide.7320

+ 1

Guardian’s invulnerability is Elite skill on 90s cooldown, lasts 2s and you can’t contest a point.
Warrior’s invulnerability is Utility skill, on 60s cooldown, lasts 4s and you can contest a point.

Sounds to me like double standart.

The night is dark and full of turnips.

in PvP

Posted by: Bogy.2953

Bogy.2953

+ 1

Guardian’s invulnerability is Elite skill on 90s cooldown, lasts 2s and you can’t contest a point.
Warrior’s invulnerability is Utility skill, on 60s cooldown, lasts 4s and you can contest a point.

Sounds to me like double standart.

except wars skill isn’t an invulnerability so there’s that

in PvP

Archaon.9524

Signet of Stamina can very easily go into that slot. It’s a matter of personal comfort and personal preference.

Only if you’re gonna face heavy condition teams otherwise has just pretty much no use…

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

You must be a pretty bad warrior is you don’t think zerker stance removes conditions. It gives you a ton of adrenaline which is then used to cure conditions. And to do more dps. And to heal you (adrenal health). This is why the skill is so absurd. The duration is too long. The adrenaline gain is still there despite the skill being redesigned.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

berserker stance and endure pain are no invulnerability skills. that’s why they shouldn’t lose the point when they fight on it. on the other hand it is quite hard for other classes to fight against such a stance using warrior on point.

what i propose is a compromise:

when warriors use stances they shouldn’t lose the point but shouldn’t be able to contest a point either.
meaning if a warrior is fighting on a point and activates a stance the point shouldn’t get decapped but he can’t cap it either until the stance has worn off.

good if the warrior is defending his point, bad if he rushes a point and insta activates berserker stance because the point holder can run away until the stance has worn off.
and it wont change anything for teamfights.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.