aaaaaa

aaaaaa

in PvP

Posted by: Moonsinn.5382

Moonsinn.5382

Hmm, I guess they feel that if you can’t win more matches than you lose, you don’t belong at that level, or something.

Aethelweard Rex – Guard
Trist Lockwood – Thief
Aelius Swift – Warrior

aaaaaa

in PvP

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

Hmm, I guess they feel that if you can’t win more matches than you lose, you don’t belong at that level, or something.

People keep saying this. Like it would be impossible for anyone to actually get unlucky and get screwed by the system.

aaaaaa

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

How is this a problem? The system is putting you where you belong. Just because you are losing rating does not mean the system is bad at all. It is trying to put you at the level where you get your best possible matches. I am not saying you are bad or anything, OP, but maybe you are just not as good as you think you are. That isn’t a problem though, because when you stop losing rating, you will get better games and improve more quickly, possibly climbing back up the divisions.

I started the season with a rating of 1911 and have been as high as 2032 and as low as 1850 (2010 right now) so this shows that your rating can change a lot (by 150 or more) throughout the season and you will be able to get back to where you started eventually with enough effort.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

aaaaaa

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Trust me, it’s extremely frustrating. When your rating slides down and down, it can make GW2 be hell.

I found an elementalist build that carried my way back up though. After ridiculous loss streaks (10+), I picked up this one build that carried myself up silver, and I’m almost back to Plat (used to be in Plat, dropped to Silver 2). So, “learn 2 carry”. Not an insult, not an offense.

I run a strong team support build. Support builds are like the backbone of a team. Weak/no support, the team falls apart. Strong support, teams are cohesive.

Many people like running DPS builds, or bruisers, etc. Occasionally, you’ll get an ele auramancer on your team, which in my opinion is the best PvP support in the game atm, moreso better than Druid for team support.

Because many teams neglect support, they fall. If you run a DPS build, odds are you’ll fall in line with more people with DPS builds, and, well, you’ll fail. Not saying it’s impossible to win without support, but having support is crucial for survival.

My point is, find a build that is able to carry, both using your skill and how it affects your team composition. Then you’ll start climbing again.

aaaaaa

in PvP

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

How is this a problem? The system is putting you where you belong. Just because you are losing rating does not mean the system is bad at all. It is trying to put you at the level where you get your best possible matches. I am not saying you are bad or anything, OP, but maybe you are just not as good as you think you are. That isn’t a problem though, because when you stop losing rating, you will get better games and improve more quickly, possibly climbing back up the divisions.

I started the season with a rating of 1911 and have been as high as 2032 and as low as 1850 (2010 right now) so this shows that your rating can change a lot (by 150 or more) throughout the season and you will be able to get back to where you started eventually with enough effort.

This is the problem with most of the players, they think they all deserve legendary and free wings.
U can get unlucky in the first 10 games , but after that its up to u to go up or down.
There is no point to get u to legendary when all u do is insta die , i get players some times in my games that insta die as a druid or a guard, ofc they need to go down in divisions, if u lost around 200 points then it means u not good enough to be at 1400.

Every one here thinks they are legendary, but in this game there is only like 20 or 30 players that deserve to be there.
If players are average and they think they won some one that was even worse, then they think , they are good.
Macth making needs to improve, but at the end whos good will be at the top and whos bad will be down.
Simple as that.

aaaaaa

in PvP

Posted by: XgamerXgodX.9617

XgamerXgodX.9617

I found an elementalist build that carried my way back up though. After ridiculous loss streaks (10+), I picked up this one build that carried myself up silver, and I’m almost back to Plat

So basically, you lost points because you didn’t know.
You learned, adapted and applied your knowledge and it rewarded you by rising through the ranks.
Kind of like how an mmr system is supposed to go.

I’ve been seeing a ton of players claim that the system is busted but if everyone deserved to win then it’d make pvp more stale than it already is.

Knight Dryden (Dragonhunter) – Yu Aredy No (Chronomancer)
[ERP] Gunnar’s Hold
My YouTube Channel

aaaaaa

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

I found an elementalist build that carried my way back up though. After ridiculous loss streaks (10+), I picked up this one build that carried myself up silver, and I’m almost back to Plat

So basically, you lost points because you didn’t know.
You learned, adapted and applied your knowledge and it rewarded you by rising through the ranks.
Kind of like how an mmr system is supposed to go.

I’ve been seeing a ton of players claim that the system is busted but if everyone deserved to win then it’d make pvp more stale than it already is.

I remember during a game this thought popped up in my head, “Both teams are struggling to win. Not just ours!” This is important, because when someone loses a game, they blame their own team. However, the other team tried their hardest too, moreso than the losing team.

What players don’t understand is that to win you need to simply try harder, and convince your teams to try harder. Issue commands if noone’s talking. Become the captain of your team.. because if you don’t, your team’s gonna lose sight of trying…

In every game I’ve been in, I say things like “If you need heals, run around me or something” or “Who wants home?” “The rest of us go mid” “I’m holding mid” etc… commands are important, especially for coordinating a game.

MMR is working sort of accurately, though not to boast I feel OP in a lot of games (except for the occasional great players I come by) Glad to finally be approaching a division closer to my skill level. Loved this season, then hated it, but now I love it again.

aaaaaa

in PvP

Posted by: Mutaatti.2789

Mutaatti.2789

If only 20-30 ppl should belong to legendary, that means that even all ESL players shouldn’t be there. And I would love to practice with those legendary players, letting them teach rotations, knowing could I 1v1 them, could I sustain long enough… But all is vain. You can watch hours and hours of videos how they play. That won’t make you better player.

So just sit back, relax and let those TOP 50 players fight each other their meaningless matches. They are already in lehendary. They don’t have any goals to achieve anymore.

aaaaaa

in PvP

Prince Vingador.8067

If only 20-30 ppl should belong to legendary, that means that even all ESL players shouldn’t be there. And I would love to practice with those legendary players, letting them teach rotations, knowing could I 1v1 them, could I sustain long enough… But all is vain. You can watch hours and hours of videos how they play. That won’t make you better player.

So just sit back, relax and let those TOP 50 players fight each other their meaningless matches. They are already in lehendary. They don’t have any goals to achieve anymore.

If this post is towards me , let me tell u that yes , only 20 to 30 players are really legendarys, i know most of the players that play at top lvl and i played with them and vs them, and ofc im not saying they play bad, what im saying is only around 30 players have perfect awereness and rotations, reactions, calling targets ….and such
Its the same in a football team , u have players like ronaldo and messi that are the real starts and carry the game, and ofc the others help, buts its not hard when u have such a good players by your side.
So again i say , there is a lot of good players in gw2 , but real starts that can solo or team que with no problems and really carry then not so many.
There are players in top teams that are always perma down in solo que and cant 1vs 1 or not great awereness and others that can single kite 1vs 3 or win any 1vs 1 , im talking about players like ROM , he loses games but having him inthe team is almost garanteed a win , cause he carries hard .
There is still a long way to go for the end of the season, but dont worry if u are good enough u will get your place up there

aaaaaa

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

it feels like the system works, but placement with those 10 matches is random especially if you solo them. Since you go down to about 10 points per match and win/loss goes close to 50% regardless if you are way better than your place the result is grinding to compensate your bad luck.

aaaaaa

in PvP

Posted by: Ivakis Solo.4807

Ivakis Solo.4807

Last night I played a couple of matches – all were losses. In most of them the reality was: if I’m not at a base – it is taken by enemy! In my last game at the start I went and capped home, enemy capped mid and far. I went and killed 2 ppl at mid and capped it, by that time home was getting capped. I went home, killed 1 person and capped it again. And that repeated trough all the game, my teammates were fighting at all the wrong places or just died at the second an enemy saw them. How am I suppose to go up in rating? I have to be able to cap and defend home, mid and far at the same time all by myself, attack the lord at the same time and bake a cake with my free arm while I play a piano.

aaaaaa

in PvP

Prince Vingador.8067

Last night I played a couple of matches – all were losses. In most of them the reality was: if I’m not at a base – it is taken by enemy! In my last game at the start I went and capped home, enemy capped mid and far. I went and killed 2 ppl at mid and capped it, by that time home was getting capped. I went home, killed 1 person and capped it again. And that repeated trough all the game, my teammates were fighting at all the wrong places or just died at the second an enemy saw them. How am I suppose to go up in rating? I have to be able to cap and defend home, mid and far at the same time all by myself, attack the lord at the same time and bake a cake with my free arm while I play a piano.

Its hard to see the big picture, but maybe u had to stay mid and let your team mates that respwn to go home?
Over ritating is not good, and if u pay atention there is 1 or 2 very important team fights during the game that can make the map snowball, and somtimes players dont realize this and are full capping home , and there is a huge fight at mid like 3v3 or 4v4 and wining that fight is super important, cause then u can go home and full cappe it or pressure far, u can see what imsaying usually in the foefire.
And after that fight its easy win cause u always +1 or +2 in the map.
Dont worry u will get there.