afk'ing in spvp if....

afk'ing in spvp if....

in PvP

Posted by: Takanashi.6548

Takanashi.6548

There is 2 thieves, 2 warriors or 1 warrior 1 thief in my team, every kittening time we have that vs a good makeup, semi-premades, or premades we kittening lose, so kittening ban me now because Im not gonna even bother to participate until you fix warrior and thief so they can complement the teams, this is my official boycott.

afk'ing in spvp if....

in PvP

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Maybe you need to carry harder, anyway I’ve won with 2 war and 1 thief, against full meta. But I’ve also lost with dual thief on my team, just means I need to play better.

afk'ing in spvp if....

in PvP

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

I’d rather have a thief and/or warrior in my team than an afker…they are not great, but they aren’t fodder for enemy if played properly.
I’ve had thieves and warrior in my team (yes sometime at the same time) and I’ve had no problem
If I see two people having either a warrior or a thief in the same comp, I kindly ask one of them to switch to another class so that we can make something out of the game
They are not at the best of places, true, they can be a liability to a team if badly played more than other classes (mesmer and revenant), but they certainly are better than whatever kitten who thinks that afking is a good solution and a good show of his own displeasure
At least do give yourself dishonor
Or better yet:
Don’t kittening punish your team for your own anger fulfilling desire.
Stop playing if you want to boycott the game

afk'ing in spvp if....

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I find warrior bunker support build is pretty good. It is actually one of my favorite teamates when playing my glass staff ele build. Either way, I’ll be sure to report anyone who is only going to participate in pvp if they get a specific team makeup. I won’t deny that warriors and thieves (to a lesser extent) could use some help in pvp. Thieves are still good at what they have always been good at, and their elite spec just helped them do more of the same. That was a mistake in my opinion (even though I find dd fun). Warriors got a elite spec that is simply bad in pvp, so the best warriors I’ve played with just don’t run with it in pvp. Warrior is not terrible right now, but they have gotten no power up with HoT. I play most games on my ele without my elite spec, but when our team is heavy necro and other classes/builds that require some extra support, I’ll swap to shout tempest. Shout tempest pulls ahead for most games, but I can’t give up the multikills I get when playing damage staff. Only issue I have with the build (besides thieves, which are mostly absent from meta) are when my teammates can somehow die before I get a kill (which usually doesn’t take more than a 10 seconds at mid). Even still, I’ve won many mid fights where the enemies rally over and over, but eventually along with the help of one solid bunker on our team we win out. Glass staff is useless when you don’t have someone to “draw aggro” on the point, which I find warriors are really good for making players want to focus them. They don’t last as long as some of the other bunkers, but they bring a lot of cc, good rezes and decent condi removal. Thieves just can’t handle the amount of damage that bruiser builds can dish out right now, and bruiser is the other name for this meta (besides bunk). They are still the best decapers, and against some teams that is highly effective. (again not so much in the current meta where there are almost no straight damage builds; although I play one)

afk'ing in spvp if....

in PvP

Takanashi.6548

at least this topic will hopefully wake up anet into fixing those 2 classes, nothing agaisnt the thief and warrior class but kitten Anet had kittening 2 months to do something about it… they did kitten this patch not even 1 kittening buff…

afk'ing in spvp if....

in PvP

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Warriors are strong. Very strong. Same with thieves. Only thing is they either lack the knowledge of rotating and decaping (for thieves) and warriors just lack the survival capabilities in the current meta. Once a warrior’s access to a reliable condi cleanse, sustain and overall survival goes up, wars will definitely be meta.

Overall, it’s bad taste to afk and remember you still have the chance of gaining a pip even if you lose the match depending on the MMR spread of both teams and your team’s odds of winning beforehand.

Säïnt

(edited by SaintSnow.6593)

afk'ing in spvp if....

in PvP

Posted by: RlyOsim.2497

RlyOsim.2497

I que on thief to lower (hopefully) the odds of getting one on my team. Swap before game starts.

#eports

The Ghost of Christmas Past

afk'ing in spvp if....

in PvP

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

hi

Attachments:

afk'ing in spvp if....

in PvP

Takanashi.6548

hi

Just like your teammate said, you’re lucky they where scrubs…

afk'ing in spvp if....

in PvP

Takanashi.6548

I que on thief to lower (hopefully) the odds of getting one on my team. Swap before game starts.

#eports

kitten gonna do that with my team of 2-3 all get in the match with thieves and warriors so the MMR matches us vs thieves and warriors then switch. Thanks for the tip!

afk'ing in spvp if....

in PvP

Posted by: muscarine.5136

muscarine.5136

I queue as a thief. If the enemy team comp seems weak to fast decap / rotations and +1 i keep it.
If there’s another thief in my team i reroll, and most of the time it’s a huge disappointement because most thieves have absolutely 0 knowledge of rotation, quick decap and +1.
If the enemy team comp doesn’t seem to work in my thief’s favor, i reroll.
If there’s more than 1 DH/scrapper, i reroll.

afk'ing in spvp if....

in PvP

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

hi

Just like your teammate said, you’re lucky they where scrubs…

They were chasing me instead of capping almost the entire match because I was a necro

Anyhow, scrubs or not – it’s not fair for the rest of the team if one person afks. If you queue for ranked matches, you have to accept that not everyone is willing to swap even if it’s stupid not to. You still have to make the most out of the match instead of quitting so early. That’s a pretty unhealthy attitude. So when a teammate swaps, thank them

afk'ing in spvp if....

in PvP

Posted by: Chip Skylark.2367

Chip Skylark.2367

I find warrior bunker support build is pretty good. It is actually one of my favorite teamates when playing my glass staff ele build. Either way, I’ll be sure to report anyone who is only going to participate in pvp if they get a specific team makeup. I won’t deny that warriors and thieves (to a lesser extent) could use some help in pvp. Thieves are still good at what they have always been good at, and their elite spec just helped them do more of the same. That was a mistake in my opinion (even though I find dd fun). Warriors got a elite spec that is simply bad in pvp, so the best warriors I’ve played with just don’t run with it in pvp. Warrior is not terrible right now, but they have gotten no power up with HoT. I play most games on my ele without my elite spec, but when our team is heavy necro and other classes/builds that require some extra support, I’ll swap to shout tempest. Shout tempest pulls ahead for most games, but I can’t give up the multikills I get when playing damage staff. Only issue I have with the build (besides thieves, which are mostly absent from meta) are when my teammates can somehow die before I get a kill (which usually doesn’t take more than a 10 seconds at mid). Even still, I’ve won many mid fights where the enemies rally over and over, but eventually along with the help of one solid bunker on our team we win out. Glass staff is useless when you don’t have someone to “draw aggro” on the point, which I find warriors are really good for making players want to focus them. They don’t last as long as some of the other bunkers, but they bring a lot of cc, good rezes and decent condi removal. Thieves just can’t handle the amount of damage that bruiser builds can dish out right now, and bruiser is the other name for this meta (besides bunk). They are still the best decapers, and against some teams that is highly effective. (again not so much in the current meta where there are almost no straight damage builds; although I play one)

lol glass staff ele?

What rank are you

afk'ing in spvp if....

in PvP

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

I had two thief team.. kittened me off and I gave up before ready up.. Swapped to thief, 3 thief team won by landslide. funny match..

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO