any non-pros made it out of emerald?

in PvP

Posted by: hotcarl.8621

hotcarl.8621

In my 40 or so matches, I haven’t seen a single sapphire in heart of the mists yet. just a ton of amber players with a few emeralds sprinkled in there…

in PvP

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Yep.

elite specs ruined pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

I’ve… and I’ve played just pure support build.

in PvP

hotcarl.8621

yeah im struggling to get out of tier 1 myself… i keep getting two or three pips and then losing them. i’m at three pips now, so hopefully i’ll move up a tier soon enough….

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

im getting through t4 of d2 currently, i have been getting alot of the dreaded “1 win away from next tier, lets start a losing streak” kind of luck tough each tier.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

(edited by Zietlogik.6208)

in PvP

hotcarl.8621

finally got to emerald t2 a little while ago. i was fortunate to get 2 pips for a really tough win to get me there…

in PvP

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

I’ve been to 4 tick T1 emerald three times, I just can’t secure that last win it’s pretty aggravating!

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in PvP

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Sapphire tier 1. Can’t seem to get past tier 1 though lol.

in PvP

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

Every time I get close to the second tier in emerald, get a losing streak which put me back at the start. I must be masochist to keep doing this….

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

in PvP

Posted by: Starfall.6425

Starfall.6425

Yeah played 2 hours of emerald tier 1…. started with 3 pips, ended with 2.

[DP] – Diamond Pirates
[AM] – Abaddon’s Mouth

in PvP

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

How many of you are in a team? They’re forcing you to team up.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in PvP

Posted by: REGGADO.1237

REGGADO.1237

Having 51%+ win ratio, it may take serveral atempts to get tier done, usualy you start losing streak at 3 or 4 back to zero. So you need from 5 upto 50 games to get 1/5 tier done.
If you having less than 49% win ratio there is no chance to go up beyond division2, not even mentiong division 3 or 4.

(edited by REGGADO.1237)

in PvP

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Having 51%+ win ratio, it may take serveral atempts to get tier done, usualy you start losing streak at 3 or 4 back to zero. So you need from 5 upto 50 games to get 1/5 tier done done. If you having less than 49% win ratio there is no chance to go up beyond division2, not even talking about division 3.

Napkin math here. So likely hood of a 5 streak is 3%. That gives you approximately 165 matches for one tier. So you can expect 825 to break emerald. Assuming independence of matches and a tendency to maintain a 50% ratio.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in PvP

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

How many of you are in a team? They’re forcing you to team up.

I am doing hard mode (perhaps am insane as well). All matches but 2 were solo.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

in PvP

Posted by: Quaman.9167

Quaman.9167

On my way out right now. Tier 4 so far, but I’ve only played a few hours.

I like video games

in PvP

Posted by: Aereniel.7356

Aereniel.7356

Close, oh so close. Emerald T4 at the moment. I’m 100% solo queuing this season, and I’ve calculated my journey to legendary to take between 500 to 600 games, depending on how streaky my wins and losses go and how those streaks coincide with tier intervals. It’s completely doable as long as you are able to maintain a positive win ratio long term. When I take into account all the days I can’t play between now and January 26th (Christmas, yay! Work, boo!), I should do about 20 games per day to meet the quota.

EDIT – Wanted to add that this leaderboard isn’t about skill as much as it is about consistency and perseverance. As long as you win more than you lose on average, you will climb. It will just take a lot of games.

Been here since launch
Legend S1-S3 with 100% solo queue 100% conquest
Filthy casual, 6k sPvP games

(edited by Aereniel.7356)

in PvP

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

I have reached 4/5 pips 6 times today alone….. still t1…..

this is beyond frustrating.

I honestly dont know who in their right mind would design a system that WANTS you to be at no more than 50% win rate, and then on top of it put another system that only wants you to be on win-streak to advance, then to top it off make it so that it takes forever and god-like amount of luck that you get the right mates at their best, the right enemies at their worst and for that to happen multiple times.

0/10 would not recommend, would not repeat.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: Engel.6029

Engel.6029

I’m two points into Emerald t2 now all solo queue. Two losses in my last 10 games and I think a total of 4 loses out of 25 games. I only play support. Druid, bunker Chrono, bunker Guardian. I expect I’ll get out of Emerald Sunday or Monday.

I’ll be surprised if I make it to Ruby by the end of the season though.

(edited by Engel.6029)

in PvP

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I’ve seen about 3-4 sapphires last night. Sprinkled emeralds and a tonne of ambers.

Sadly, I keep losing games either being faced up against premades or people on my side afk or seemingly play to lose on purpose.

Lost 2 pips because I had 2 people on my side that were afk and the other didn’t budge from home.

It’s really frustrating.

I don’t see myself ever getting 5 wins let alone reaching sapphire.

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I’m actually surprised I had a number of really good games tonight. Most were solo, but some were duo. Ended the night with two pips in t2 of sapphire, my matches actually seem to be getting better the more the ranks are distributed. Real test is when I get to Ruby, curious to see how hard it will be since I mostly solo or duo.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

I was just about to reach a 50% win rate for all my league games and also get to tier 2 of division 2. Then two of the random people on my team logged off and we were up against a 4 man premade (checked at the end).

Solo queuing is impossible when these kinds of people are in your game.

in PvP

Posted by: Mallis.4295

Mallis.4295

It’s pretty easy if you just queue as a 5 man team.

I’m soloQ and like 80% of the way there.

in PvP

Posted by: LastDefend.5920

LastDefend.5920

Well i reached it 2 days ago. Mostly played solo/duo till emerald tier 4. Then played with my guildteam within 11 games i completed tier 5.
So it is very easy with a team but if you soloQ or duoQ talk to your team try to play diffrent openings and youll have a better and easier time. And even if you fail hard on the start play on and dont flame it will only lead to a certain loose.

Rezzurian/Jarvia
Gemeinschaft des Einhorns [Pony]
Millersund [DE]

in PvP

Posted by: Drayos.8759

Drayos.8759

its only fun til the queuesget so slow u cant even get into SPVP anymore, a few have been complaining theyve gotten high and now wait 3-4hours a match in the night, and prolly not that much better in daytime :P

emerald, 3/5 on tier 1 myself haha, had a few losing streaks which have made me suffer though tbh

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Yeap. Made it out of Emerald. Some of my wins were duo Q and team queue but most of them were solo.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

(edited by Dirame.8521)

in PvP

Posted by: deda.8302

deda.8302

Not yet in sapphire, completed 2nd tier of emerald with a bit of strugle firest 4 games than pushed trough.
I was very lucky haveing no afkers and if teams it was ussualy equal for both sides,im supprised but i had really good games last night evenly matched.