are there people getting angry if lose?

in PvP

Posted by: Kitt.2567

Kitt.2567

I always wonder,
Is there people who actually get angry too much if he/she lose in team pvp? Personally i mostly play soloq so idk if those kinda people really exist. for example, shout or blame some1 over mic…with… swearing or abusing? have you guys seen this kinda people?

And also, if exists, do you mostly play with him later again since you knew his personality, or just ignore?

Visit “http://www.twitch.tv/the_korean_gamer/profile” for best warrior builds!

(edited by Kitt.2567)

in PvP

Posted by: Arachnid.4062

Arachnid.4062

Since you keep making threads telling people to quit the game, can you just like, go ahead and follow your own advice already?

in PvP

Posted by: Tom.8029

Tom.8029

I’m okay with losing. But I get mad when the other teams gloat about winning, are sore winners when using some ridiculously powerful setup, or fought me in an outnumbered fight and bragged about killing me.

Primordial Dragons [Drgn]
Fort Aspenwood Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

Lol, there are an incredible amount of poor sports in tpvp. In 90% of my matches before I turned off map chat, at least one member on the losing team would either:

- Insult his teammates for their lack of skill.
- Insult the winning team, saying they were all running “cheese builds” or zerging.
- Insult any particular member on the winning team that killed him and demand a 1 v 1, then call them names.
- Ragequit and sit in his spawn complaining in map chat.
- Ragequit out of the entire client, sometimes returning a couple minutes later to complain that the match wasn’t over yet.
- Put the blame for the loss of the match on particular members of his own team, insulting them in both team and map chat. Sometimes, if this poor sport is put on the same team as that person again, they’ll rage before the match even starts about how they keep getting put with ‘noobs’ or ‘scrubs’ or whatever, and make a point to let EVERYONE in the ENTIRE MAP know that their teammate is a bad player (according to them).

These are only a few I could remember from before I started turning off map chat, but the list goes on lol. I tpvp still because I don’t like the maps in SPVP and I generally do pretty well (and I’m trying to get the Champion Magus title for the second time), but it’s these kinds of players that drain the fun out of it.

Personally, I don’t mind losing one bit. I know that there are teams that went through the trouble of organizing all 5 of their members on teamspeak, all with the builds that they thought would be strongest for the situation, and I respect that a lot of times pugs like me are at a disadvantage there. I also know that there are a lot of much better players, especially in pvp, and that’s what makes pvp exciting: you never know who you’ll be up against.

It’s the poor sports that drain the fun out of it though. While there are plenty of good sports in pvp too, who will say GG after every match no matter what and even call out players to compliment them on their skill, there are just way too many poor sports.

in PvP

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

What kind of question is this… of course there are players that get mad when they lose. You can’t expect a game to be a pacific perfect world. In competitive environment like spvp and wvw you will always have players that are exactly that, competitive.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in PvP

Kitt.2567

Lol, there are an incredible amount of poor sports in tpvp. In 90% of my matches before I turned off map chat, at least one member on the losing team would either:

- Insult his teammates for their lack of skill.
- Insult the winning team, saying they were all running “cheese builds” or zerging.
- Insult any particular member on the winning team that killed him and demand a 1 v 1, then call them names.
- Ragequit and sit in his spawn complaining in map chat.
- Ragequit out of the entire client, sometimes returning a couple minutes later to complain that the match wasn’t over yet.
- Put the blame for the loss of the match on particular members of his own team, insulting them in both team and map chat. Sometimes, if this poor sport is put on the same team as that person again, they’ll rage before the match even starts about how they keep getting put with ‘noobs’ or ‘scrubs’ or whatever, and make a point to let EVERYONE in the ENTIRE MAP know that their teammate is a bad player (according to them).

These are only a few I could remember from before I started turning off map chat, but the list goes on lol. I tpvp still because I don’t like the maps in SPVP and I generally do pretty well (and I’m trying to get the Champion Magus title for the second time), but it’s these kinds of players that drain the fun out of it.

Personally, I don’t mind losing one bit. I know that there are teams that went through the trouble of organizing all 5 of their members on teamspeak, all with the builds that they thought would be strongest for the situation, and I respect that a lot of times pugs like me are at a disadvantage there. I also know that there are a lot of much better players, especially in pvp, and that’s what makes pvp exciting: you never know who you’ll be up against.

It’s the poor sports that drain the fun out of it though. While there are plenty of good sports in pvp too, who will say GG after every match no matter what and even call out players to compliment them on their skill, there are just way too many poor sports.

LMAO AT YOUR COMMENT A LOT HAHA THX FOR REPLY

in PvP

Kitt.2567

Since you keep making threads telling people to quit the game, can you just like, go ahead and follow your own advice already?

ARE YOU CHALLENGING ME? I AM ASKING WITH TOTALLY DIFFERNENT TOPIC *

in PvP

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

before I turned off map chat

People who turn off map chat shouldn’t play PvP. The sheer amount of games where I try to used tested tactics, or advice people where to go, or tell people where I’m going and they don’t say a single word all game, or at the beginning say something in /s like ’I’ve turn chat off’ is unreal. What is the point in turning chat off? Do people honestly get upset or offended or annoyed by the complaining trolls? If they do they need to get a thicker skin. I honestly see no point in turning it off especially when it can lower your chances of winning, especially if people who turn it off are bad.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

in PvP

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

People who turn off map chat shouldn’t play PvP. The sheer amount of games where I try to used tested tactics, or advice people where to go, or tell people where I’m going and they don’t say a single word all game, or at the beginning say something in /s like ’I’ve turn chat off’ is unreal. What is the point in turning chat off? Do people honestly get upset or offended or annoyed by the complaining trolls? If they do they need to get a thicker skin. I honestly see no point in turning it off especially when it can lower your chances of winning, especially if people who turn it off are bad.

No offense, but if you’re posting your strategy and positioning in map chat while in PVP (not WVW), you’re doing it wrong lol. :P

Also, saying “People who don’t [play the way I play] shouldn’t play [etc.]” just makes you sound like an elitist. I never said I don’t talk to my teammates during a match, I just don’t use map chat to do it.

in PvP

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

In competitive environment like spvp and wvw you will always have players that are exactly that, competitive.

Since when competitive = offensive?

L2B!

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I got a sense that you’re one of them.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Kako only mentioned turning off the public map chat.
Kako did not mention turning off the team chat.

team chat is used for communicating among team members.

map chat is used for communication with everyone in the map, including the other team.

/map = everyone can see the text
/team = only same team players can see the text

Benjamin,
you do realize that there is a /team team chat for team mates to communicate with one another, yes?