being top pts on ur team, helps you on rank?

in PvP

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Q:

As title says.

Just because I’m stuck getting worst, and worst team partners, and keep being the top scorer (Likely 3-4 x the ammount of the 2nd man on mah team) but due to some unexperienced partner, I’m having more losses than wins.

I’m a average solo player, so my option for ranked is solo queue, but the matchmaking keep putting me against premade teams. So, isn’t exaclty “My fault” that I have more losses than wins, I would realy love that the ladder system calculated over player general performance than overall team.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Let me just say that it’s a really bad thing to think that your teammates are inexperienced, bad, or AFK because their score isn’t maximized.

Let me also add that there are tons of strategies in-game that are great at earning points, but great at wasting time and causing slow rotations.

Remove in-game points from the list of things that you care about, and judge others on.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

MauricioCezar.2673

Sorry, But isn’t only about the points. Most of the time, when comes to a 2×2 matches, I res up my partner (Since most of times he is gotten down first), and then he die again, transforming it into a 2×1. Of course, aren’t “Everyone”, and have a great numer of factors to say, but I’m only refering to the ones that get down too easy, or zerg on a point that have no one else.

Still, Points are awarded due to kills, res-up partners, points captured and points defended, so it is yes a great assortment to detemine individual overalll contribuition.

And u didn’t awnsered my question.

PS: If u gonna ask me, I’m a enginneer main on pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

I mostly run around back capping unguarded points because everyone else is playing TDM on mid, so my score is usually low.

And on your question, from the wiki:

Rank points are earned at the end of a match and are based on whether your team won or lost. Matches that last shorter than average will yield proportionally less points. The number of points earned further depends on the type of match played. Additionally, being auto-balanced provides you with an additional 25 rank points, and each top-stat you earn gives you another 5.

If we’re talking about unranked Arena (which I think we are) losses award something like 300 (wins 1k) rank points, so you do get more, but not much. (provided it uses old solo queue values, which I think it does or closely does.)

Wait? Or do you mean ladder position? Well I don’t know about that…but I think only match won/lossed (and hidden values and stuff, point is, no top scoring) matters there. I may be wrong on that one though, but even if I am I would assume it would have as negligible impact as on rank points.

Also…

[…]I’m stuck getting worst, and worst team partners[…]

[…]but due to some unexperienced partner[…]

[…]keep putting me against premade teams

So, isn’t exaclty “My fault” that I have more losses than wins[…]

That’s a lot of excuses…

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

(edited by Zorby.8236)

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

again, as chaith said, personal scoreboard does not reflect how good you are at winning a match. it reflects how good you are at farming contributions. here is an example:

a bunker guardian 2v1s for 5 minutes on mid. he gets 0 contribution points because he didnt cap anything, didnt decap anthing, got no kills, and got no rezzes, and had no deaths. but he held mid and scored like 1/3 of the needed points towards winning the match just because he existed, and his teammates were able to create favorable fights for themselves despite his lack of “contribution”.

a roaming shatter mesmer walks from point to point, creating 2v1s constantly, winning fights everywhere, and staying for every stomp and getting credit for every decap and cap. he racks up 300 contribution, but loses the match 450-500 because every time he was making a 2v1, his team lost a 2v2 and a 1v2 and lost both other points. that mesmer should have been doing something different, because if he had been playing better than the other team instead of farming credit he would have won.

do not trust the scorecard, trust the match score. the only 2 things that matter are if you won and what team you beat. because this is a team game.

finally, since you insist on an answer to your question: no it doesnt.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Unranked and Ranked arena are the same in rewards and difficulty, the only difference is ranked has a leaderboard.

in PvP

MauricioCezar.2673

Just on a final quote, you guys are just judging me without understanding what I really was saying on topic. As I said, there’s a lot of factors and I’m know with that. The ones “Unexperienced” that I’m talking about, is the ones that I Actually SEE the assortment of gameplay. People running on double to a blank point, dying too easy on a 2×2 battle (Even while I res then up with my elixir r), and this assortment of things.

I ain’t here to say that I’m just the best. I’m here to say that those things occur on the game, too often for my taste on a separate note.

And yes, about on what was my question, it was towards the ladder. I really think that it should have more personnal values to be calculated on the ladder rank, no reason to merge solo queue qith team queue, if only the team queue have much larger chances to work up on the ladder system.