beta characters in ranked

in PvP

Posted by: deda.8302

deda.8302

So you can as well snnounce that if you dont buy HoT you have nothing to sya to us and quit GW2 entirely.
Really ANET , i already posted in some other post about this but beta charcters should not be alowed to play ranked,for a simple reason that ALL data will be wiped .
What we have here is that
1 beta players do not care how match is goan end up since evrything is wiped so in a matche that just ,what TEST u kitten kittening kittens\
Second thing is when we get brokn over powered or underpowered players in team it IS NOT FUN.
So why am i FORCED to beta test for you pls?

I play for 3 years only pvp ,and i TESTED my bulds in hotjoin before going ranked ,ALL OF THEM,when i got to a level of skill when i tought i can compete i went to ranked and wanted to achive my personal goal,

I tested in hot join for a respect for other players who want to have some accomplishment from pvp(i do not have shiny armor or weapons u made it very hard even tho you promissed that we will be able to do get evrything from any game mode,read pvp)my only goal was to reach certain % in pvp.

My conclusion you give kitten about your PvP players.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

What about Beta players that have tested their builds and want to see how it performs in a more organized setting? Seems like a player problem, not Anet’s problem. But I’m sure you created this well thought out post using logic and not pouty emotions.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Well, I am going to test Druid in Ranked. I’ve played a few thousand matches on Ranger already, so it is the best place to get a feel. Don’t you want to know if Ranger is massively OP, before the new ladder season starts and people like me squash your kitten for fun…

No one likes dead kittens! Better find out now before it counts in the ladder season.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Posted by: deda.8302

deda.8302

What about Beta players that have tested their builds and want to see how it performs in a more organized setting? Seems like a player problem, not Anet’s problem. But I’m sure you created this well thought out post using logic and not pouty emotions.

This you can achive in guld arena with out a problem since your only goal is testing.
If you really use logic and not :pouty emotions "you will have to agree with thsi right.

We have seen that evry hot beta is and was unbalanced giving unfair advantage or disadvantage, when hot starts i will say nothing about it since i wont be playing it….

Dont worry i wont be playing this weekend so you can test it on other test subjects ,Gl

@ Archon

no i wont be playing HoT release that is why im not interested in what you can offer not untill it goes live.
I like thoery crafting builds and what can be or not but when somthing as OP as revenat was 2 weeks ago starts pushing whole team out of points giving me 0-10losing streak it is not fun since i dont know wht am i fighting against.
(later i had a pleasure to be in same team as that rev and win back and when i askd him why not unranked he siad it will be deleted any way and he wanted that "feel " of a real thing)

Again this is not fair for regular players.

Now if i have time to study beta releases for hours i might find a cure for this but dont, i come to play for an hour after work and its ruined cause i cant play….

And players like you are even more dissadvantageous cause not only you know class well ,yuo know strategy and any even slightes bug or opnes of beta character will give HUGE advantage to your team,(imagine some1 droping cele ele all of a sudden and no1 knows how to fight it ,and counter)
We had heal as one for 12h and it was guted since it gave unfair advantage,and that was only one skill,but when ther is a whole trait line

of unknown you will say nothing cause admit it you enjoy that temporary op feeling it gives you .

Realy if you use logic and not "pouty emotions "
GG
P.S reason i will not play hot for at last 6 month is that this tiem i wil wait and see if they can deliver what is promised

(edited by deda.8302)

in PvP

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

It doesn’t matter. Really end of discussion because there isn’t one to be had. The last weekends’ players were allowed in ranked. So there is no reason to stop that trend as this point. I honestly do not care if the OP is upset. What he feels about it doesn’t really matter. And that may seem rude but this is a minor issue in a game mode where people do quite routinely and try builds against what they perceive “better” players as a norm. There was never a barrier to entry and there is no logical reason to put one up now over guessing the intentions of the player in the match. I have one matches and told people it’s a game. I got an angry tell once telling me that this is “serious”. You have no way of knowing if the player no matter how good or bad they are actually cares about the results of the match. Some people truly just come for the fight, or to play against the “better” players.

So op take no pinch of salt with this. This matter is not worth spending time discussing adnauseam. Let it go or get into some argument. Some people come here for actual discussion others just to argue. I could say this post could be just as annoying to forum visitors as beta testers are to you. For example if I said “WHY do I have to read post about hurt feelings ALL THE TIME!” and went on a rant about how I do not post that way and only bring meaningful discussion and Anet should do something based on rules I created by myself for myself should Anet waste resources to change it despite a long time policy of allowing it and a general community sentiment of not caring? I am not saying your post angers me (it does not) but it is hypocritical at it’s base nature.

My suggestion let go of it.

Last but not least your points one and two.

Beta players may be just as serious as you are about winning. Despite the data being wiped they may want the win albeit for different reasons just as much.

OP/Broken builds have existed in spvp from inception. they do now. Beta weekend or not they existed and are based generally on community sentiment toward the build. So broken and OP really based on Anet and the community can only comment on it.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Aw, I wasn’t trying to belittle your frustration. I was trying to inject some light humor with the kittens stuff.

All joking aside. I won’t linger too long in PvP and if something is clearly OP people like me will move on. We really are beta testing. Once we are finished trying Druid with our favorite builds, will post a few threads for the Developers and be done.

Play your best, and you’ll be helping us. See it as a community effort. Sorry if that is not appealing. I don’t know what else to say. Best of luck in your PvP endeavors. I do the same and queue up matches to relax after work. I totally get that.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons