black desert, GvG, Open world pvp, mounts.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

found this awesome upcoming MMO, sounds like the Gw2 that i wanted here check this out. http://www.mmocast.com/news/black-desert-sandbox-action-combat-mmorpg-preview/

Attachments:

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

“developed by the Korean company”

in PvP

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

well yeah hope its not grindy

Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Hrist.8972

Hrist.8972

Gameplay / combat looks awful.

Hrist Unriht – [Hovi] Unseelie Court – Seafarer’s Rest EU

in PvP

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

You were looking for a Korean made, grindy MMO with atrocious looking gameplay?

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

The best pvp MMORPGs have almost always been developed by Americans and certainly none by anybody from Asia. Asian companies do grind and unbalanced pvp where gear allows you to one shot your opponent.

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Awful combat, probably grindy since it’s a Korean MMO, and most likely unbalanced.

“We may also have different type of skills for male and female character. There is no level cap”

Scrap most likely unbalanced . Definitely unbalanced

Maybe you don’t take GW2 in such high regard, but this is way better than that, sorry.

(edited by Quickfoot Katana.8642)

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

it is a total grind fest but it has the most beautiful graphics in any MMO up till now.

I’m not going to play it though.

Now Wildstar… that one i will

in PvP

milo.6942

it is a total grind fest but it has the most beautiful graphics in any MMO up till now.

I’m not going to play it though.

Now Wildstar… that one i will

idk about wildstar, it has good hype but then again so did gw2

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Wildstar has a monthly fee. I’m done with that. There is no way a monthly fee MMO can avoid grind. It needs grind hard to keep those monthly payments. It’s not a good business model for the players’ interests.

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

i have no idea what you saw either in the text or in the trailer that made you interested… “There is no level cap, but after level 50 the leveling process will be extremely slow” 100% korean grindcrap

in PvP

Vena.8436

Wildstar has a monthly fee. I’m done with that. There is no way a monthly fee MMO can avoid grind. It needs grind hard to keep those monthly payments. It’s not a good business model for the players’ interests.

Of course it has grind, the whole end game is raid tiering designed, it even has PvP Gear treadmill.

[Eon] – Blackgate

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

What you mean like GW2?
Grind out as many CoF P1 as you can to make enough gold to buy a legendary.
Grind out as many PvP rank points as you can to make rank.
Grind out as many WvW dolyak assists as you can to earn a title.

At least other MMO’s have a worthwhile achievement at the end of the grind compared to GW2.

After people are done with GW2 they quit because its so exhausting and simply isn’t worth the grind after all.

Look at the WvW’er that got Ultimate Dominator, he quit.
Look at the PvP’er who got rank 70, he quit.

in PvP

Posted by: Zodian.6597

Zodian.6597

it’s a shame carbine decided to go with the p2p monthly fee business model in the first place, on top of that they throw in that “credd” system and the game is starting to sound a lot like a pay to play, pay to win cash grab. I’m not gonna talk about this much on the gw2 forums, but I’m very disappointed about Wildstar.

Neglekt

in PvP

Vena.8436

At least other MMO’s have a worthwhile achievement at the end of the grind compared to GW2.

No, they really don’t. In fact they have very, very bad rewards at the end of their grinds: increases in power (WoW, Rift, Wildstar). Leet numberz for mah grindz! We have that bad enough in WvW now with Leech and Defense but at least the grind is minimal (especially with the new boost in rank gain).

Keep that crap out of s/tPvP.

He didn’t quit because of the grind, he quit from a mix of feeling he’d done what there was to do in WvW and real life.
Correlation does not imply causation 101.

[Eon] – Blackgate

in PvP

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

What you mean like GW2?
Grind out as many CoF P1 as you can to make enough gold to buy a legendary.
Grind out as many PvP rank points as you can to make rank.
Grind out as many WvW dolyak assists as you can to earn a title.

After people are done with GW2 they quit because its so exhausting and simply isn’t worth the grind after all.

Look at the PvP’er who got rank 70, he quit.

I didn’t know I had to grind rank to increase my stats in spvp. There is a BIG difference between having to grind to remain competitive and optional/cosmetic grind.

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Thing is getting better gear is a bigger incentive than just ranking up. In competitive MMOs people hardly ever play for the fun, its all about the incentive this game right now as barely any incentives.

That guy that reached rank 70 his incentive was to get to rank 70, he got it, nobody cares about rank so he quit.
That guy that got ultimate dominator, that was his incentive, since nobody really cared about it or not he quit as well.

Getting the master sword after grinding…. You go own newbies and watch them go crazy over you because you that amazing. That grind was fully worth it.

I get what your saying by not having to grind to be competitive, but they can always make a mode where everyone is equal and have open world pvp server where the dude with the master sword could woop your kitten .

In GW2 you have no reason to grind, you just grind because that’s all there is. The best thing to do in PvE? Grind CoF P1, its the best way to earn gold lol.

In other MMO’s you grind because you have to, you have reasons to grind which makes the whole grind worth it. Its not just some pointless grind for gold.

This game has some crappy competitiveness as well. Games like Quake didn’t boast about esports and all that crap, yet there was a lot of CLAN WARS back in the days, there wasn’t any official tournament it was just what clan has best record of beating other clans.
You barely see any of this in GW2. Even though you see a little bit of structured guild battles, its as good as Quake or worse and that’s not good because Quake is 18 years old, this game needs to be more of today’s standards and by today’s standards this game kittening sucks at competitiveness. And yes I know one is FPS and other is MMO, but as in terms of competiveness and guild/clan battles, this game sucks. FPS are games were you just want to have fun. mmo…RPG is a type of game where you want to grind gear and stuff, gives you a reason to keep playing the game rather than asking yourself what to do all day long…. hrmmm I guess I have no choice but to farm CoF P1 because its best way to get gold for my 10th legendary which is same as any other dinky weapon.

Also both Quake and GW2 are games. And its my belief all games are rated and compared the same regardless if one is RPG and the other is driving and the other is basketball and the other is FPS, people will play the game that’s the most fun. When HALO was fun it didn’t just hurt other FPS games it hurt MMORPGs and other genres as well. So I have a right to compare games of difference but similar concepts. In the end the best game will not matter if its RPG or whatever it will just matter as how fun it is, competitive it is, and if you can play with a lot of people as well.

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)

in PvP

Vena.8436

Thing is getting better gear is a bigger incentive than just ranking up. In competitive MMOs people hardly ever play for the fun, its all about the incentive this game right now as barely any incentives.

And its also a huge disincentive to a new player, who wants to play without having to grind the pre-requisite 1000 hours just to be able to compete. Or a new character, since these sorts of grinds are never account related but character locked. (See WvW threads about WvW Ranks being character locked.)

That guy that got ultimate dominator, that was his incentive, since nobody really cared about it or not he quit as well.

You really need to stop repeating this incorrect statement as if it helps you. Sarcx did not quit because he got UD and no one cared (plenty of people were mighty impressed), he quit because he had done all there was to do in WvW + RL. Stop trying to imply causation from correlation.

I get what your saying by not having to grind to be competitive, but they can always make a mode where everyone is equal and have open world pvp server where the dude with the master sword could woop your kitten .

What is WvW.

In other MMO’s you grind because you have to, you have reasons to grind which makes the whole grind worth it. Its not just some pointless grind for gold.

I don’t play games to work or to be forced to do something, I work to work.

PvP is about Player vs. Player.
Not Player vs. Gear Check.
If I want Player vs. Gear Check I’ll play PvE.

Grinding is an artificial stimulant; it does not make a bad game good, it just makes getting to the actual game a long and tedious process, hiding the faults of the game behind an illusion of achievement. In GW1 no one enjoyed grinding a billion ettin to unlock their Superior Runes, and we had that system abolished because it was a waste of time.

WoW, Wildstar (soon), Rift, and probably even TESO (if it can survive its suicidal triple dipping greed), are all about hiding their actual game behind hours of grinding. Often times, these games don’t actually have “good” PvP or even mechanics, and if they did they wouldn’t need crap time-gating to prevent a player from entering the fray (unless they were simply greedy for time-gating their subscription funds).

WvW is an odd-ball in this case because the whole system is designed around unfairness: player numbers, orbs (old and new), up-levels, ascended gear, foods and oils, ranks, siege. Its pretty much contained, no-holds-barred PvPvE.

This is also a problem with many of these modern shooters where you have to grind ranks for your weapons to be even semi-functional. Its stupid game design based on addiction and short attention span.

Did you lose because your opponent places his frag grenade at exactly the right place as he took down your shield?
Or…
Did you lose because your opponent played for 1000 extra hours to have less spread on his gun so that he could just hold down the trigger to shoot out a full clip at your face?

Why anyone would want the latter is beyond me. I like to know I was beaten by a better player, not by a who’s time sheet is longer.

[Eon] – Blackgate

(edited by Vena.8436)

in PvP

milo.6942

are we really having a discussion about pvp gear progression
really

in PvP

Vena.8436

are we really having a discussion about pvp gear progression
really

Sorry. I’ll stop now.

[Eon] – Blackgate

in PvP

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

i just want the open world pvp, gvg, and mounts idea of the game.. thats how i invision gw2 when they first anounce it (charr vs human) open world pvp like the pvp servers of wow, where you always have to be alert cause you dont know if theres some high level player trying to kill you. GvG once of the best idea ANet came up with in Gw1. Mounts the ultimate trophy/cosmetic. comeon if you have a nice ride im sure you want to show it to people. tired of peeps dancing with thier legendary weapons as a way of showing off ( j/k i do that also)

Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

That guy that reached rank 70 his incentive was to get to rank 70, he got it, nobody cares about rank so he quit.

Getting the master sword after grinding…. You go own newbies and watch them go crazy over you because you that amazing. That grind was fully worth it.

In GW2 you have no reason to grind, you just grind because that’s all there is. The best thing to do in PvE? Grind CoF P1, its the best way to earn gold lol.

This game has some crappy competitiveness as well. Games like Quake didn’t boast about esports and all that crap, yet there was a lot of CLAN WARS back in the days, there wasn’t any official tournament it was just what clan has best record of beating other clans.
You barely see any of this in GW2. Even though you see a little bit of structured guild battles, its as good as Quake or worse and that’s not good because Quake is 18 years old, this game needs to be more of today’s standards and by today’s standards this game kittening sucks at competitiveness. And yes I know one is FPS and other is MMO, but as in terms of competiveness and guild/clan battles, this game sucks. FPS are games were you just want to have fun. mmo…RPG is a type of game where you want to grind gear and stuff, gives you a reason to keep playing the game rather than asking yourself what to do all day long…. hrmmm I guess I have no choice but to farm CoF P1 because its best way to get gold for my 10th legendary which is same as any other dinky weapon.

Also both Quake and GW2 are games. And its my belief all games are rated and compared the same regardless if one is RPG and the other is driving and the other is basketball and the other is FPS, people will play the game that’s the most fun. When HALO was fun it didn’t just hurt other FPS games it hurt MMORPGs and other genres as well. So I have a right to compare games of difference but similar concepts. In the end the best game will not matter if its RPG or whatever it will just matter as how fun it is, competitive it is, and if you can play with a lot of people as well.

If you want to get a point across, at least, don’t do it with a narrow minded point of view, and with some biased grind situations irrelevant to gw2 s/t pvp.

Note: It’s impossible to grind COF1 since July patch and it’s not the only way to earn gold in Pve… Anyway, it doesn’t have anything to do with pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Awful combat, probably grindy since it’s a Korean MMO, and most likely unbalanced.

“We may also have different type of skills for male and female character. There is no level cap”

Scrap most likely unbalanced . Definitely unbalanced

Maybe you don’t take GW2 in such high regard, but this is way better than that, sorry.

This. It doesn’t matter that it has open world if the game is otherwise unbalanced, has clumsy combat and is grindy as hell. Because in that case you might just as well play Eve online: the combat itself is mostly dull (point and click), but the open world pvp is certainly thousand times deeper than in some random korean grind fest.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

made by korean = pay to win

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

(edited by Lighter.5631)

in PvP

Posted by: Rufy.6093

Rufy.6093

Wow, this may be for PS4 to. It has potential but as many said and also my own experience with korean games, they have been extremely unbalanced. Then again this game is unbalanced. Getting rooted/stunned/dazed and dead 3 seconds later lately. I’m losing hope.

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

Korean … I hate Korean MMOs. Usually unbalanced, usually get the cheese grater out and go hard at your face. The once you have no face left … you can now 1 shot anyone else in the game gg. Not to mention the fact that stronger armour = less physical clothing, because that is lore friendly.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows