blinds blocking transfers

in PvP

Posted by: unlucky.9285

unlucky.9285

blinds now block necro transfers thanks to the rng you guys added.. i would rather it go back to priority or give necros a trait to 100% transfer blind especially since it is such a common condition now.

what do other necros think about this? have you noticed your transfers failing?

in PvP

Posted by: Jayce.5632

Jayce.5632

Haven’t noticed transfers failing due to blind, at least not with Putrid Mark or Plague Sending.

i7-6700K – M.2 PCIe 512GB R/W:2500/1500MB/s
GTX 980M – SSD 512GB R/W:550/520MB/s
17.3" 1080p – 32GB 2400MHz DDR4

in PvP

Posted by: blitzkrieg.2451

blitzkrieg.2451

Get wrecked necros, stop spamming transfers without thinking and you’ll be fine.

Tanbin – Ranger / Thief / Ele
Maguuma

in PvP

blitzkrieg.2451

Yes, use one auto attack to remove blind then xfer as opposed to just spamming without thinking, such an idiotic way of thinking!!

Maguuma

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Haven’t noticed transfers failing due to blind, at least not with Putrid Mark or Plague Sending.

I haven’t noticed it with any of our Transfers. Partly because RNG was never added to transfers.

Literally the only thing that got randomized was boon/condition conversion priorities. Any other priorities dealing with boons and conditions are still present.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

blinds now block necro transfers thanks to the rng you guys added.. i would rather it go back to priority or give necros a trait to 100% transfer blind especially since it is such a common condition now.

what do other necros think about this? have you noticed your transfers failing?

brah that RNG blind was a calculated esport tactic, stop getting “unlucky” and l2p

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Yes, use one auto attack to remove blind then xfer as opposed to just spamming without thinking, such an idiotic way of thinking!!

Except transferring blinds is actually an incredibly useful defense. It’s also smart play.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Except transferring blinds is actually an incredibly useful defense. It’s also smart play.

^^this; getting blinded the moment you try to use steal on necro is beyond frustrating

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

blitzkrieg.2451

^^this; getting blinded the moment you try to use steal on necro is beyond frustrating

I wonder if generosity sigil proc xfers blind.

No, of course not right because you’re BLINDED? Then neither should necro xfers.

It’s also considered ‘skill play’ to utilize a thief steal while stunned to gap close , “break the stun” and proceed to be offensive, but steal isn’t even a stun break. You’re just exploiting mechanics. The same thing used to be with necro xfers on blind , now you can get countered by trying to push conditions back onto your enemy with blind on you. I can do that with my ranger pet with the blind trait, does that mean I just got punished for utilizing skill play on a necro before the assumption that he’s going to use an instant cast plague signet? Hmmm….

Lol wtf, I’ll get suspended again from these forums before long responding to these people with common sense mechanics of the game.

Maguuma

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Blinds always made transfers miss…

Not a pro on necro or anything, but on mesmer running a manipulation build, getting blinded while using Arcane Thievery will always miss, go on CD and do absolutely nothing to help

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Not a pro on necro or anything, but on mesmer running a manipulation build, getting blinded while using Arcane Thievery will always miss, go on CD and do absolutely nothing to help

No you are wrong. All necro transfers do transfer blinds. Just go into the mist test it on the guardian npc (or any other npc that blinds) and hit your plague signets/putrid marks etc.

However i think transfers can miss due blind if you have to many conditions on you and the blind wasnt choosen to be transfered but i never tested that so i could be wrong on this one.

(edited by Muchacho.2390)

in PvP

sephiroth.4217

No you are wrong. All necro transfers do transfer blinds. Just go into the mist test it on the guardian npc (or any other npc that blinds) and hit your plague signets/putrid marks etc.

However i think transfers can miss due blind if you have to many conditions on you and the blind wasnt choosen to be transfered but i never tested that so i could be wrong on this one.

How am I wrong? I was talking about Mesmer…. Last I checked, Mesmers don’t have Putrid Mark?

Then you go and say However i think transfers can miss due blind if you have to many conditions on you and the blind wasnt choosen to be transfered but i never tested that so i could be wrong on this one. which is what I said anyway, blinds make you miss. And you wanna say with definition that I am wrong even though you have no idea what you’re talking about?

lol.

….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in PvP

Muchacho.2390

How am I wrong? I was talking about Mesmer…. Last I checked, Mesmers don’t have Putrid Mark?

Then you go and say However i think transfers can miss due blind if you have to many conditions on you and the blind wasnt choosen to be transfered but i never tested that so i could be wrong on this one. which is what I said anyway, blinds make you miss. And you wanna say with definition that I am wrong even though you have no idea what you’re talking about?

lol.

No blind doesnt always make transfers miss. As i said test it on the the guardian npc. The blinds he puts on me are always transfered. My comment was only to your first sentence not the rest about mesmer.

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Pro troll? There’s a minor amount of counterplay to passive and/or instant conditransfer, and you complain about it?

Phaatonn, London UK

(edited by Phaeton.9582)

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Pro troll? There’s a minor amount of counterplay to passive and/or instant conditransfer, and you complain about it?

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

“Passive” transfer requires you hit with a skill and crit, so no, Blind does nothing there.

I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

sephiroth.4217

lol.

No blind doesnt always make transfers miss. As i said test it on the the guardian npc. The blinds he puts on me are always transfered. My comment was only to your first sentence not the rest about mesmer.

It does always miss, stop telling me to try it on NPC’s when Clearly you have no kittenin clue what you’re talking about….

Arcane Thievery WILL miss if you’re blinded and has always missed….

As for the whole “my first sentence and not about mesmer” thing, my whole post was directed at mesmer when I clearly said “Not a pro on necro or anything, but on Mesmer”…

I’m going to assume English isn’t your first language.

….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: unlucky.9285

unlucky.9285

when you get more then the allowed transfers on you blind will make them miss.. i have used plague many times today after a thief/engie/what ever condi spike (i do retarget anything i can before i use it) and the signet goes off, the condis are still ticking away on me same for staff if by some miracle i can cast anything without being stunned or cc’d.

i did not notice this occuring before the patch but then again blind was not handed out like candy so…

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Just tested this again….. still transfering blinds….. if it didn’t transfer the blind nothing should transfer…..

@sephiroth there seems to be some confusion I believe this topic op stated he was concerned with Necro transfers not Mesmer transfer, although thank you for the info on arcane thievery.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

sephiroth.4217

Just tested this again….. still transfering blinds….. if it didn’t transfer the blind nothing should transfer…..

@sephiroth there seems to be some confusion I believe this topic op stated he was concerned with Necro transfers not Mesmer transfer, although thank you for the info on arcane thievery.

Yer I mostly wanted to point out that if necro condition transfers aren’t working due to blind then welcome to the club

(I was always jelly mesmer transfers could miss while necros didn’t, but atleast you won’t have “out of range” issues when you’re pretty much 200 range from them)

….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Jayce.5632

Jayce.5632

I agree too, Mesmer transfers should work with blind so they need to fix it if they do not. Blind should always be the priority condition to transfer or else it would defeat the purpose entirely.

i7-6700K – M.2 PCIe 512GB R/W:2500/1500MB/s
GTX 980M – SSD 512GB R/W:550/520MB/s
17.3" 1080p – 32GB 2400MHz DDR4

in PvP

Muchacho.2390

lol.

It does always miss, stop telling me to try it on NPC’s when Clearly you have no kittenin clue what you’re talking about….

As for the whole “my first sentence and not about mesmer” thing, my whole post was directed at mesmer when I clearly said “Not a pro on necro or anything, but on Mesmer”…

English is indeed not my first language so sorry if my wording was confusing but my comments were always meant to be about necromancer transfers (since the op was talking about necros). I hope this clears the misunderstanding.

in PvP

blitzkrieg.2451

How would it defeat the purpose entirely of the skill? Is there a problem with hitting them once before transferring like everybody else has to do with any offensive attack or defensive attack?

So then blind shouldn’t affect condition removal on cleansing ire? Or a majority of classes that fail to manipulate conditions if they have blind on them based on an attack?

No, if you’re blinded, no skill should work whether you’re transferring, removing, or adding conditions to somebody.

Maguuma

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

How would it defeat the purpose entirely of the skill? Is there a problem with hitting them once before transferring like everybody else has to do with any offensive attack or defensive attack?

So then blind shouldn’t affect condition removal on cleansing ire? Or a majority of classes that fail to manipulate conditions if they have blind on them based on an attack?

No, if you’re blinded, no skill should work whether you’re transferring, removing, or adding conditions to somebody.

Blind is a condition and those skills are intended to pass on any condition including blind, that’s just how it is, and should be. No real reason one condition should be immune to being transferred. The reason generosity doesn’t work is of you miss you sure as hell aren’t crofting regardless. It’s an on-crit ability.

Is it particularly fair to CI warriors? Personally, I always felt that if CI “hit” and was able to remove blind, it should do so to allow it to go through, that would do wonders for getting people to use something other than Longbow. However of the blind would not be removed (ie covered) then miss as usual. That’d be a good functionary, but might be a bit technical. And frankly, I wouldn’t be totally against Cleansing Ire triggering on wiffed hits on general, as long as it made some sort of contact (blocked/evaded/blinded) but that opens a whole other can of worms that I’m not entirely sure I want to see opened.

in PvP

blitzkrieg.2451

It blocks it because it’s a skill you’re using on another player. You’re using an attack TO transfer existing conditions , it is an instant spell cast onto another player.

Let’s remove if blind should be transferred or not because that is something developers have never stated whether the blind working through necro transfers was intended or not, it was just kind of swept under the rug until it was mentioned a month ago in the bugs forum (although it’s been mentioned countless times before) and obviously got devs attention but I think this stealth change shows you that it was never intended to be like that in the first place. Now, if it is indeed intended then they’ll simply change it back to how it worked before.

However, if you’re blinded, whether you’re transferring existing conditions or using any skill on somebody else then obviously if you’re blinded you cant use those very utilities or weapon skills to transfer blind over or else it defeats the entire purpose of the blind condition for counterplay against that very skill.

Maguuma

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

So you just want necros transfers nerfed into absolute oblivion right?

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

It blocks it because it’s a skill you’re using on another player. You’re using an attack TO transfer existing conditions , it is an instant spell cast onto another player.

Let’s remove if blind should be transferred or not because that is something developers have never stated whether the blind working through necro transfers was intended or not, it was just kind of swept under the rug until it was mentioned a month ago in the bugs forum (although it’s been mentioned countless times before) and obviously got devs attention but I think this stealth change shows you that it was never intended to be like that in the first place. Now, if it is indeed intended then they’ll simply change it back to how it worked before.

However, if you’re blinded, whether you’re transferring existing conditions or using any skill on somebody else then obviously if you’re blinded you cant use those very utilities or weapon skills to transfer blind over or else it defeats the entire purpose of the blind condition for counterplay against that very skill.

Actually, they did. It was broken at one point and didn’t transfer the blind. They made a specific patch note to add that it will now transfer blinds. This was a very long time to, but obviously intended.

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

I haven’t noticed it with any of our Transfers. Partly because RNG was never added to transfers.

uhh plague signit

come on necros pray that you don’t pick up blind from ally after dumping condis harder you scrubs

in PvP

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

uhh plague signit

come on necros pray that you don’t pick up blind from ally after dumping condis harder you scrubs

Plague Signet is a different case, simply because of the reduction in active effect from total condition transfer to only 5. There had to be some priority put in place, then.

I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

sephiroth.4217

lol.

English is indeed not my first language so sorry if my wording was confusing but my comments were always meant to be about necromancer transfers (since the op was talking about necros). I hope this clears the misunderstanding.

all good my man

….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

blitzkrieg.2451

Actually, they did. It was broken at one point and didn’t transfer the blind. They made a specific patch note to add that it will now transfer blinds. This was a very long time to, but obviously intended.

Source or it never happened. I’ve been playing the game since it launched and haven’t seen that ever but then again I could have a missed a patch but I’m PRETTY sure that was never explicitly announced by an anet developer or in a patch note.

Maguuma

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

I remember it when blind stopped transfers it was a little bit after the ds cd nerf

in PvP

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Using conditions to counter condition transfers? You have no idea what you’re talking about, and not all condi transfers are this ‘instacast’ you speak of.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Source or it never happened. I’ve been playing the game since it launched and haven’t seen that ever but then again I could have a missed a patch but I’m PRETTY sure that was never explicitly announced by an anet developer or in a patch note.

Search for Putrid Mark, June 25 2013.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2013-06-25

in PvP

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Yes. Indeed it was broken. ‘Very long ago’ is a bit of an understatement though as this was literally a problem at launch and was fixed within the first 1-2 months after the games release. Condi transfers were using the same priority as condi conversion and prioritized Bleeds causing Blind to break these skills. Blind was then moved to the top of the priority list. There was also a similar but opposite problem with boon corruptions prioritizing Might causing Aegis to break those skills. The skills were altered to check for and prioritize Aegis as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Yes this always bothered me because when I see a skill that removes conditions I expect that using it will remove the blind condition.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game