bravo PvP patch

bravo PvP patch

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I have to say this PvP patch is pretty awesome. I have 1 of each class and i really enjoyed them all except on my condi ranger but it wasnt bad either. I have to say this is how PvP should be, you have glassy players actually being glassy and defensive players/support players able to win team fights.

I would like to see some more trait option cause every class has the fall dmg trait which is useless but overall i feel the better players will stand out more with this which is fine to me. Even if lesser players run gimmick builds though they can be effective here. I ran my pure bunker guardian and i was great even against lich and rampage which was awesome.

I currently love how all the classes feel.

bravo PvP patch

in PvP

Posted by: Liberis.9573

Liberis.9573

+1, this is much better than the old bunker meta.

bravo PvP patch

in PvP

Posted by: Twonineone.3490

Twonineone.3490

I have to say this is how PvP should be, you have glassy players actually being glassy and defensive players/support players able to win team fights.

I don’t think you have played a “Bunker” build, ‘cause playing one of them feels you are playing a before-the-patch glasscannon build. I’ve tried a Shout Guardian and it’s a mess, I go down so easily with just against 2 condi builds.
I don’t say I want the PvP way of 2 years ago, when a bunker build could sit on a node and stay there all the time, because it was boring, but I feel that ANet have choose to “balance” the game just making all the professions REALLY soft. And I really dislike this new PvP.

The effect of this new balance, in PvP, is that the player that hits first, hits twice. So everybody with long range weapons and gg. About melees every fight will become a flashy mess where we will have 3 downed players vs 3 downed players that will try to kill the enemy with the downed skills…amazing…

bravo PvP patch

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

yesterday was fun. Lets wait for the top player to show us the new meta builds and we will see in a week or two if it is still a shootout.

bravo PvP patch

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

I have to say this is how PvP should be, you have glassy players actually being glassy and defensive players/support players able to win team fights.

I don’t think you have played a “Bunker” build, ‘cause playing one of them feels you are playing a before-the-patch glasscannon build. I’ve tried a Shout Guardian and it’s a mess, I go down so easily with just against 2 condi builds.
I don’t say I want the PvP way of 2 years ago, when a bunker build could sit on a node and stay there all the time, because it was boring, but I feel that ANet have choose to “balance” the game just making all the professions REALLY soft. And I really dislike this new PvP.

The effect of this new balance, in PvP, is that the player that hits first, hits twice. So everybody with long range weapons and gg. About melees every fight will become a flashy mess where we will have 3 downed players vs 3 downed players that will try to kill the enemy with the downed skills…amazing…

The sustain is there, I tried it first hand, if you build for sustain then you don’t die nearly as easily as people are saying on the forum, you die faster respect to before..but not that ridiculously fast.

It may be just me as I was used to constant kiting around the point anyway and now I have achieved a little bit more sustain than before.

I know for a fact that before the majority of shoutbow and engis would not even bother pressing the dodge button

bravo PvP patch

in PvP

Posted by: Twonineone.3490

Twonineone.3490

The sustain is there, I tried it first hand, if you build for sustain then you don’t die nearly as easily as people are saying on the forum, you die faster respect to before..but not that ridiculously fast.

It’s exactly what I’m saying and this is awful. I’ve never played a glass cannon because I don’t give a kitten of killing someone just hitting 2 keys, but now, even playing a bunker build you die so easily that you feel like a glass cannon played before this last patch. Sure, you don’t die so easily than a D/P Thief, now, but as a bunker you can’t stand against 2 people. You don’t either hold out to wait a team mate.
Seems like ANet is pushing us to play only dps, because bunker are completely useless, now. Now you just have to hit harder than your enemy.
And I’m curious to see a fight in Courtyard map, now -.-

bravo PvP patch

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

Overall I definitely enjoy PvP post-patch more so than pre-patch.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

bravo PvP patch

in PvP

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

Overall I definitely enjoy PvP post-patch more so than pre-patch.

i’m with you on that.

yes it’s kinda messy and buggy and unpredictable in some parts but it’s a fresh air to combat system that i enjoy alot(not ele trait but i’m just beiing metaphoric).

was hyped prepatch and it still didn’t dissapointed me (apart of war changes…qq yet, need to find out how to play it now)

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

bravo PvP patch

in PvP

Posted by: Zin.6170

Zin.6170

It’s exactly what I’m saying and this is awful. I’ve never played a glass cannon because I don’t give a kitten of killing someone just hitting 2 keys, but now, even playing a bunker build you die so easily that you feel like a glass cannon played before this last patch. Sure, you don’t die so easily than a D/P Thief, now, but as a bunker you can’t stand against 2 people. You don’t either hold out to wait a team mate.
Seems like ANet is pushing us to play only dps, because bunker are completely useless, now. Now you just have to hit harder than your enemy.

I know necros are currently good and holding points as MM, maybe try that?

bravo PvP patch

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Yes that’s good, before this patch a shoutbow was able to hold two dps builds with no great effort, unless the two DPS players were above average.

If you’re facing 2 DPS, you won’t be able to facetank dmg but this means that your team is possibly in an outnumbered fight in their favor .

You can either try to contest the point instead than defending it or you can try a decap , assuming you’re sitting mid and 2 dps come your way, if your build allows it then go decap their close.

Most likely( but not certain) , one these 2 dps will remain to decap mid.

If you’re a tank sustain , you should be able to decap a point from a dps user, now don’t try to defend, most likely 2 or more enemies( your team won the fight and enemy is respawning) are coming your way, so decap( cap if you can) and go back mid to regroup with your team or whatever.

All I’m saying is that bunkers are not useless, they can still buy time against 2 opponents and they can still force outnumbered fights if moved well

bravo PvP patch

in PvP

Posted by: FJSAMA.2867

FJSAMA.2867

ppl complaining about too much dmg forget that u lost defensive stats from trait line and even berserker amulet… also u can no longer just roll a celest amulet in a bunker build that effective than before… Squishy targets became more squishy, bursty target became more bursty, bunker just have to adapt and will also become more tanky than before…. Just wont deal as much dmg and rely on doom/bleed sigils for dmg..
I like the changes… still too soon for final words.

(edited by FJSAMA.2867)

bravo PvP patch

in PvP

Posted by: Bazooka.3590

Bazooka.3590

This patch is a shame. This is the end of gw2 pvp.

bravo PvP patch

in PvP

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

So how is this different from the other million times where someone said the same thing?

bravo PvP patch

in PvP

Posted by: A OK.8276

A OK.8276

Perhaps a bit too dramatic. I’m ok with the changes and I’m not even a burst theif that seems to think he got much better at pvp overnight. I like the glass cannons for of the solo fights and the support most classes can bring to team fights. I’m still working on some builds but it seems some of my more quirky builds are finding a place in some situations. Overall it’s fun.

I think we just have to be on our toes again until we find that synergy in the builds you like to run (or wait unil someone makes a build for you on metabattle) I know for now I don’t mess with mesmers 1v1… but that’s just the builds I run. There are people out there that think burst mesmers are weak… I guess that’s the point of having classes and build rather than perfect balance.

bravo PvP patch

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

This patch was pretty good overall IMO. Was so sick of the boring bunker cele meta, having a high octane offensive meta is super fun!

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

bravo PvP patch

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

AHHHHH actually i was using a shout guardian build and i was lasting over a minute vs 2 players trying to kill me. I used the rune that removes condi on shout. Im using the rune that gives toughness,* and condition dmg. Im using renewed focus and shelter and glass characters are dying to other glass characters before 2-3 can kill me.

Im sorry i played with my builds for literally 2-3 matches and found using a different ammy then cele is huge. I also ran into a bunker warrior using mace shield with shouts and he held greatly too. The best part about it is as a guardian i can win 1 vs 1 vs cele classes now since there not tanky for no reason, with my condi dmg.

I also run a bunker terrormancer which would of been the old 0-4-6-0-4 build and i crushed people. Lastly people saying they cant hold points just means your garbage. I won a 1 vs 3 fight yesterday with my warrior and i won 1 vs 2 with my necro. Im sorry but i always ran non meta builds before and this plays to my strengths. The majority of people in PvP were living off meta builds beating better players simply cause meta builds could do everything.

To me the patch showed alot about the current players. It showed you didnt which attacks to avoid since they nerfed vigor, it showed you didnt know your role since meta builds did everything, it showed your in ability to change.

I have a friend who plays staff ele and didnt die once in 6 games. I had another friend not die in 3 games using a bunker ranger. Maybe im wrong and were just better players but to me it good cause for the first time you cant use your meta build to beat us by simply using the stronger build.

bravo PvP patch

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Really the only thing they need to do as far as conditions are concerned in PvP is spread the new resistance boon around.

As is only the warrior & mesmer have any real access to it.

Give every class access to it on some weapon or skill and allot of the whines about condition stacking teams would stop.
They would still be viable but the whining would stop because people would stand a chance.