bravo on mesmer war 2

bravo on mesmer war 2

in PvP

Posted by: BadSanta.6527

BadSanta.6527

this is rediculos condi mesmer domnating pvp like god mode…
but hey as long as people crying on that lame gurdians all good right?
this is so embarssing ""balance"" @anouther bad season

bravo on mesmer war 2

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Build to counter.

bravo on mesmer war 2

in PvP

Posted by: Unterkiefer.8372

Unterkiefer.8372

Build to counter.

NEVER!! I will not change, they have to! I will never adapt to the meta. Also I am not playing anything I haven’t played before. That said I do not even watch movies I haven’t seen before, I think they have to go! Since the world is centered around me, everyone else has to change!

Lem Semmel [SF]

Sorry for shattering your illusions

bravo on mesmer war 2

in PvP

Posted by: Moderat.4635

Moderat.4635

it’s funny what you are saying because guardian is a really good counter to condi mesmer and you see a lot more DH than condi mesmers playing ranked

bravo on mesmer war 2

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

Lol Power mesmer are deadlier. .. they literally kill you in 1 sec.

bravo on mesmer war 2

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Just roll a dragon hunter. If you still have trouble against condi mesmer on a dh then you should probably git gud.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

bravo on mesmer war 2

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

It is true mesmer is countered pretty hard by DH as is.. most every class right now. You gotta be one hell of a Rev to take on a DH 1 vs 1 right now. I honestly don’t see mesmer as an amazing pick unless its with pro teams that are extremely coordinated with the burst.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

(edited by Zelulose.8695)

bravo on mesmer war 2

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Lol Power mesmer are deadlier. .. they literally kill you in 1 sec.

Life of a power shatter mesmer: Vol. 2

Block, block, block.

“Ah focus just ran out, I’ll CC them and burst!”

Immune, block.

“Oh Hunter’s Determination auto proc, I’ll just kite it out”

5s later….

“Ok burst round 2, COME ON BOIS!!!”

Block, 1.5k, 1.6k, 1.6k, block, block, block, block.

Ok I’ll just kite out shield of courage.

5s later….

“Ok now I get to burst this guy, all aboard the hype train!”

Block, block, block, block.

“Oh the heal is a block with practically no cast time.”

Knockback, immune, leap, heal, block, block, block.

“Ah f*** this I’m gonna find a thief to bang my head against”

bravo on mesmer war 2

in PvP

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

Build to counter.

What this guy means is

Step 1: Go to metabattle
Step 2: Copy paste appropriate build
Step 3: Faceroll

Congrats you have just “adapted to the meta” like a pro gamer!

bravo on mesmer war 2

in PvP

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

the thing i, 1 team does skill balance and the other does amulet, how can that even work? you can’t have 2 ‘balance’ teams fighting each other and expect pvp to prgress into esport, it just dosnt work. The problem with pvp is that its all about conquest…afking on nodes to farm points, so ofc people are going to run easy, most efficient builds going (aka DH or condi chrno) the balance is crippled beyond repair.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

bravo on mesmer war 2

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

Build to counter.

What this guy means is

Actually, I build a hard counter and run it.

Then the response I get is “WHA WHA! But it’s not META, you don’t see that build in the ESL for a reason! (Cause we’re all playing in the ESL XD ) Sure you counter the (XYZ) but you’ll get beat up by (ABC).”

To which the solution is ‘Get better so you don’t die to ABC on your counter build’.

But that’s always the crux of the problem isnt it. “Git gud” is to much work for people XD

bravo on mesmer war 2

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

I can’t do anything to DH guardians on my condi mes.

bravo on mesmer war 2

in PvP

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

I main an engi but i play mesmer quite often . ( it is the second class i have more fun in pvp ). I think that dh is strong but it is not an impossible match up. If you play smarty you have staff 2 , distortion, sword 2 shield and blink .. you have your “weapon” to fight a dh and to kyte their damage . ( it is not easy but neither impossible ). I don’t find a dh an unfair matchup with mesmer ( i am not say that i win every time…. ).

bravo on mesmer war 2

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

it’s funny what you are saying because guardian is a really good counter to condi mesmer and you see a lot more DH than condi mesmers playing ranked

Viper Mesmer beats DH hands down anyday.

You would have to be a terrible Mesmer to die in this meta to anything besides a thief too with the lack of condition removal and tanky amulets.

Also the counter to DH hasn’t changed in 4 seasons, it’s still as basic as using clones, gryos, pets or what ever to activate traps before engaging. Or even a dodge if you feel like wasting one.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

bravo on mesmer war 2

in PvP

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

You would have to be a terrible Mesmer to die in this meta to anything besides a thief too with the lack of condition removal and tanky amulets.

Also the counter to DH hasn’t changed in 4 seasons, it’s still as basic as using clones, gryos, pets or what ever to activate traps before engaging. Or even a dodge if you feel like wasting one.

Is it not better carrion for condi mesmer ? I main an engi but i play also mesmer quite a lot and i don’t have great problems against DH. Blink … staff 2 … distortion, sword 2 … shield … mesmer has many way to avoid traps and to kill a dh … i don’t see dh as an impossible match up. I have much more problem against some warriors condi … than against dh for their cc

bravo on mesmer war 2

in PvP

Posted by: moobs.5862

moobs.5862

lol u could run viper with slow on interrupt and gravity well and you’d still lose 90-10 to DH sry

NL m0bz

bravo on mesmer war 2

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

lol u could run viper with slow on interrupt and gravity well and you’d still lose 90-10 to DH sry

I don’t run slow on interrupt or gravity well.

Is it not better carrion for condi mesmer ? I main an engi but i play also mesmer quite a lot and i don’t have great problems against DH. Blink … staff 2 … distortion, sword 2 … shield … mesmer has many way to avoid traps and to kill a dh … i don’t see dh as an impossible match up. I have much more problem against some warriors condi … than against dh for their cc

It could be actually… My mes is not meta I don’t think, it’s a Manipulation/PU/shatter build with a Greatsword instead of Staff and seeing those nasty as crits ontop of 10+ confusion/torment is just melting everything. Exactly like you said, warriors are more of a problem through stances, but warriors can be kited through blinks and map terrain. Thief is hard with gap closers if they can focus quick enough.

I’m not pro or ESL either, so my opponents wouldn’t be either. You can hit pretty hard with the combo of Mimic/Continuum Shift and Well of calamity too with your berserkers and 2x Mindwrack/Cry Of Frustration. (troll build which lead to my current build)

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

bravo on mesmer war 2

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

Did you lose the capture point to the DH?

Then he already won XD

bravo on mesmer war 2

in PvP

Posted by: moobs.5862

moobs.5862

I don’t run slow on interrupt or gravity well.

It could be actually… My mes is not meta I don’t think, it’s a Manipulation/PU/shatter build with a Greatsword instead of Staff and seeing those nasty as crits ontop of 10+ confusion/torment is just melting everything. Exactly like you said, warriors are more of a problem through stances, but warriors can be kited through blinks and map terrain. Thief is hard with gap closers if they can focus quick enough.

I’m not pro or ESL either, so my opponents wouldn’t be either. You can hit pretty hard with the combo of Mimic/Continuum Shift and Well of calamity too with your berserkers and 2x Mindwrack/Cry Of Frustration. (troll build which lead to my current build)

I was saying those things are the best way to counter DH but youd probably still lose with them

NL m0bz

bravo on mesmer war 2

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

winning is not killing rather decap the point from a DH or cap or contest the point

versus DH its impossible unless the DH is noob

yes 1v1 i can kill DH in open world unless he run away. but pvp is not that case

mesmer is meta cause of portal /moa thats it

bravo on mesmer war 2

in PvP

Posted by: Light Of The Abyss.5927

Light Of The Abyss.5927

A DH of equal skill level vs. Mesmer will always win. Not many DH have any skill at all, tbh. I’ve ran into one DH that I couldn’t 1v1 on mes, but even then I don’t have experience 1v1’ing good Dragonhunters.

Delpfine Drake

bravo on mesmer war 2

in PvP

Posted by: Frostball.9108

Frostball.9108

Build to counter.

What this guy means is

Then the response I get is “WHA WHA! But it’s not META, you don’t see that build in the ESL for a reason! (Cause we’re all playing in the ESL XD ) Sure you counter the (XYZ) but you’ll get beat up by (ABC).”

To which the solution is ‘Get better so you don’t die to ABC on your counter build’.

But that’s always the crux of the problem isnt it. “Git gud” is to much work for people XD

I much prefer just getting as good at that matchup as possible with your basic build, over time makes you a better player.

bravo on mesmer war 2

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

Build to counter.

What this guy means is

I much prefer just getting as good at that matchup as possible with your basic build, over time makes you a better player.

Time invested into a single class will do that regardless since the underlying mechanics don’t truly alter with a build change. That aside, sticking to a particular build can inevitably be to your detriment, the same way bringing a knife to a gun fight is a bad idea. It’s basic Play to Win philosophy.

bravo on mesmer war 2

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Build to counter.

What this guy means is

+1
thiefs tend to think ele prey at 50% ahead and bite the dust :-).

I also do stick to one class and i don´t play meta but i constantly adapt the build (Ok it might be that i play close to meta if i see hords of condi oponents …)

bravo on mesmer war 2

in PvP

Posted by: Frostball.9108

Frostball.9108

Build to counter.

What this guy means is

Time invested into a single class will do that regardless since the underlying mechanics don’t truly alter with a build change. That aside, sticking to a particular build can inevitably be to your detriment, the same way bringing a knife to a gun fight is a bad idea. It’s basic Play to Win philosophy.

Most likely your playstyle will change with the build, so you dont learn the things you would learn about the build/class if you keep swapping to something else. Also most likely youll end up playing worse on whats universally good if you choose to go the easier route. Bringing a knife to a gunfight is a bad example since youre never that big of an underdog, especially if you learn how to use the build to its full extent against everything. Realistically if youre able to do this youll never get properly countered in random queues, you can always work your way around it and come on top due to the lack of experience people have going against actually good players.