bring back solo arena

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Posted by: rainbow.4695

rainbow.4695

Is as simple as that….for solo players like myself is very frustrating to go against premade teams , why you ever though that this would be fun or fair…..

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

It’s funny that solo arena was ruined by Skyhammer, and the same patch where map selecion was implemented soloQ got removed.

We never got to play a proper soloQ

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Posted by: Elegy.2159

Elegy.2159

Signed. I don’t even try ranked arena anymore, since I don’t have a steady team to play with. No amount of communication with my team of soloQers can compete with the organization of the premades we face. :c

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Posted by: glock.6590

glock.6590

They should just add some voice program into ranked arena. It will give a chance for pugs to win against full premade.

6’4’’ Master Race. I am Above You.

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Posted by: amery.6417

amery.6417

I have stopped playing sPVP since the update that merged queues. I used to play a few solo games nearly every day. Now I barely play the game at all, and rarely queue for PVP.

It’s one thing to queue solo and face premades if that is all the game ever offered. It’s entirely different to completely remove a game mode that customers have been playing on a daily basis with no warning.

In addition, my gem purchases over the last year were made assuming I was supporting the game I was playing at the time, which included soloQ. I never dreamed that it would be completely removed from the game. I guess I was funding its demise instead.

I would really like to have the soloQ returned. If not as a separate game mode, maybe a checkbox so I can volunteer for longer queues in exchange for a strict 5v5 solo game.

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

I have stopped playing sPVP since the update that merged queues. I used to play a few solo games nearly every day. Now I barely play the game at all, and rarely queue for PVP.

It’s one thing to queue solo and face premades if that is all the game ever offered. It’s entirely different to completely remove a game mode that customers have been playing on a daily basis with no warning.

In addition, my gem purchases over the last year were made assuming I was supporting the game I was playing at the time, which included soloQ. I never dreamed that it would be completely removed from the game. I guess I was funding its demise instead.

I would really like to have the soloQ returned. If not as a separate game mode, maybe a checkbox so I can volunteer for longer queues in exchange for a strict 5v5 solo game.

+99999999

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

Is as simple as that….for solo players like myself is very frustrating to go against premade teams , why you ever though that this would be fun or fair…..

I couldn’t find any game data for you in the last week. Do you play on another account?

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Posted by: imaclown.1628

imaclown.1628

I couldn’t find any game data for you in the last week. Do you play on another account?

I LOVE WHEN YOU DO THIS!!!
If you decide to come to pax east your drinks are free at any bar near the convention center!

Attention Moderators I am not:
S P E E D starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD crappy d/D ele NA

(edited by imaclown.1628)

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Posted by: Xar.1387

Xar.1387

For me its not bad how it works right now. Im playing with my team, and solo too.
I dont even play against premades that often (when I sign solo),
so this topic sounds weird.

Maybe ur imagination is cheating u ;-;?

http://Aiwe.eu
RolePlay/PvP/Raid

(edited by Xar.1387)

bring back solo arena

in PvP

rainbow.4695

Yes I have two accounts. Does it really matter ?

bring back solo arena

in PvP

rainbow.4695

If you decide to come to pax east your drinks are free at any bar near the convention center!

what are you saying , I don’t get it

bring back solo arena

in PvP

imaclown.1628

what are you saying , I don’t get it

Sureeeee you dont.

Yes a second acct matters he was going to look for problems in your matchmaking since you are complaining about it.

(edited by imaclown.1628)

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Posted by: Blair.3796

Blair.3796

He wants to see your match data for two reasons. The first is to analyze exactly how your matchups went, in case there are more problems than the devs realize with the current mm system.

The second is to make sure you actually did experience these situations, and aren’t simply misunderstanding, overreacting or intentionally spreading misinformation. Which sounds kind of overly suspicious and a little Big Brother-y in my opinion, but if I were a dev I’d probably want to be able to make sure of this as well.

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

I only solo queue in unranked/ranked arena. Feel free to browse my arena history and see what he/she is talking about. I had two complete blowouts yesterday and decided to just waste my time in hotjoin after that since the matches are much closer than the 100-500 nonsense against premades.

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I only solo queue and it is rare for me to be matched against a full premade team. Yeah it happens, and it sucks when it does, but for the most part I haven’t seen an issue myself.

bring back solo arena

in PvP

rainbow.4695

For me its not bad how it works right now. Im playing with my team, and solo too.
I dont even play against premades that often (when I sign solo),
so this topic sounds weird.

Maybe ur imagination is cheating u ;-;?

Solo should be against solo and team against team, every time. With he removal of the solo arena solo can be against premade, which for me is unfair and not fun

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

What about duoq, trioq? Why should solos be the only ones to have a separate queue? Justin, just let us see more information about the games (who teamed up with who, what chances each team standed according to the matchmaking), and this “solos versus premade” nonsense will disappear. It will save you the trouble to reply individually to all the sore losers on the forums.

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Kharr.5746

I only solo queue and it is rare for me to be matched against a full premade team. Yeah it happens, and it sucks when it does, but for the most part I haven’t seen an issue myself.

Just because it doesn’t happen to you, doesn’t mean it’s not happening to other people. Most of the premades are at medium to high MMR since they win against the soloQ people most of the time. Once you get anywhere near their MMR, and the matchmaker starts putting you up against Abjured or other top pvp groups when you soloQ, it’s absolutely brutal.

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

I only play solo and the MM is actually pretty solid. I wish it would show you after the match who joined together like it does in DOTA2. It would shut the whiners up who blame “premades” for their personal failure to play properly or well.

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Kharr.5746

I only play solo and the MM is actually pretty solid. I wish it would show you after the match who joined together like it does in DOTA2. It would shut the whiners up who blame “premades” for their personal failure to play properly or well.

At the start of the match, right click the players on the other team to see if they are in a party. If they are, it will say “join party” since they have a premade. If they’re not, it will say “invite to party”. You can do this from the scoreboard during the waiting period.

It’s not rocket science to see.

Edit: Grabbed a screenshot from hotjoin to show where the menu pops up when you right click on a player on the score board. Same thing happens in tpvp.

Attachments:

(edited by Kharr.5746)

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Sorel.4870

At the start of the match, right click the players on the other team to see if they are in a party. If they are, it will say “join party” since they have a premade. If they’re not, it will say “invite to party”. You can do this from the scoreboard during the waiting period.

And how do you tell if they are a premade or a duo and a trio?

bring back solo arena

in PvP

imaclown.1628

You wouldn’t be able to tell of it was one duo and one trio tbh.

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Kharr.5746

A premade of 2 or 3 or 4 is still a premade. There’s a difference between being with a bunch of randoms, and people you specifically grouped with to pvp together. Even if it’s a group of 2 and a group of 3, there’s a strategic advantage over the random soloQ chaos.

Maybe Anet would be so kind as to actually show us who is grouped together, rather than us having to resort to menu trickery to see if the people are in a group?

(edited by Kharr.5746)

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

He wants to see your match data for two reasons. The first is to analyze exactly how your matchups went, in case there are more problems than the devs realize with the current mm system.

The second is to make sure you actually did experience these situations, and aren’t simply misunderstanding, overreacting or intentionally spreading misinformation. Which sounds kind of overly suspicious and a little Big Brother-y in my opinion, but if I were a dev I’d probably want to be able to make sure of this as well.

It’s mostly the former, as I take complaints very seriously. The latter is just a neat side-effect that is sometimes amusing.

There is also a third reason. I’ve found helping others understand how matchmaking works and what’s going on usually calms things down a bit. I believe a good deal of the frustration involved is just having a lot of the information invisible to you, preventing you from reasoning about your experience.

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Posted by: Dixo.3876

Dixo.3876

Are there plans for transparency. I’m certainty feel like I’m getting the short end of the stick tonight.

As i posted in another thread I went 17 wins and 39 loses in a day back in December but still gained 15 points. I understand you have to make some concessions to balance queue times to where you want them but it’d be a lot lest frustrating if I knew I was thrown into lopsided matches.

bring back solo arena

in PvP

imaclown.1628

One duo and one trio without voice comms is the same as a pug, if you think differently you’ve never played on a true premade.

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Posted by: Dixo.3876

Dixo.3876

One duo and one trio without voice comms is the same as a pug, if you think differently you’ve never played on a true premade.

I agree that it doesn’t compare to a cordianted voice comm team, but the advantage a group of 2+3 has over a group of 5 is very pronounced in my opinion.

In a game mode that boils down to fighting even numbers or advantaged number having people who work together is a huge advantage.

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

new matchmaker is awful no idea why you removed solo queue it’s literally just half premades vs full pugs or full premades vs full pugs.

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

new matchmaker is awful no idea why you removed solo queue it’s literally just half premades vs full pugs or full premades vs full pugs.

Really?

I do couple of matches every night in Ranked and I can tell you that teams are quite balanced.
And there is barely any communication with teammates.
It’s far better than it was before with SoloQ.

@Justin

Your thoughts about making 1v1 arena?
DM in Courtyard for example.
Or scraps of some places from World Map/WvW?

I somehow feel that it could be a food for those SoloQ people.

Tho, I can imagine that they’ll start whining about class balances, such as:
- omg, condi engi
- I can’t beat necro
- Mesmer 2Op
- Thief NERF nao!
- cele Ele immortality Enabled
- …or I’ll quit!

but it’s going to be rather their problem :x
and rating will work in this place quite flawlessly.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Are there plans for transparency. I’m certainty feel like I’m getting the short end of the stick tonight.

I can’t find the post, but Justin O Dell did say that they plan to add some in the future. I think a player mentioned a web-based detailed match history as an example.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

I love that SoloQ is gone. It makes people bind together in teams, create friendship, notice and listen each other on Teamspeak. This what PvP should be like.

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Posted by: Elia.7193

Elia.7193

I love that SoloQ is gone. It makes people bind together in teams, create friendship, notice and listen each other on Teamspeak. This what PvP should be like.

Not everybody likes teaming up….As a solo player I don’t want to be forced to do that. I like the flexibility of playing when I want it for as long as I want it , with other random solo players, without have to team up and have to follow other peoples schedule etc. I want to play , I don’t see it as a chance to create friendships and all that.Before they remove the solo arena we had a choice, now is either team up either have to deal with the unfortunate situation to be against a premade group . I don’t understand the benefits of removing the solo arena

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Acrisor.8097

Not everybody likes teaming up….As a solo player I don’t want to be forced to do that. I like the flexibility of playing when I want it for as long as I want it , with other random solo players, without have to team up and have to follow other peoples schedule etc. I want to play , I don’t see it as a chance to create friendships and all that.Before they remove the solo arena we had a choice, now is either team up either have to deal with the unfortunate situation to be against a premade group . I don’t understand the benefits of removing the solo arena

This product is a MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-playing Game). This is not a game where you play alone, all by yourself. This is a multiplayer game, where you team up with other players against other players or environment, with the purpose of having fun together.

If you wish to play alone, explore alone, and have fun alone, it is almost impossible, because you will always interact with other players in this game, whether it is PvE or PvP or WvW or just auctioning. Possibly you have chosen the wrong game.

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Elia.7193

This product is a MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-playing Game). This is not a game where you play alone, all by yourself. This is a multiplayer game, where you team up with other players against other players or environment, with the purpose of having fun together.

If you wish to play alone, explore alone, and have fun alone, it is almost impossible, because you will always interact with other players in this game, whether it is PvE or PvP or WvW or just auctioning. Possibly you have chosen the wrong game.

You didn’t understand what I said. I am fine playing with other people , but I don’t like to be forced to make organized teams in order to play. Is a different think. For example, for pve if I want to do a dungeon I will just team up with random people using the lfg tool, fine by me…for WvW there is the option to roam or just join the zerg… again fine by me…for pvp there is still the option to go solo in a team of randoms but it should be against another solo team and not premade

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Acrisor.8097

You didn’t understand what I said. I am fine playing with other people , but I don’t like to be forced to make organized teams in order to play. Is a different think. For example, for pve if I want to do a dungeon I will just team up with random people using the lfg tool, fine by me…for WvW there is the option to roam or just join the zerg… again fine by me…for pvp there is still the option to go solo in a team of randoms but it should be against another solo team and not premade

This is the game, MMORPG is it’s standard basic concept. A multiplayer online game should not be changed to a standalone game just because you enjoy playing alone in a MMORPG. It is like forcing me to play solo just because you (a solo player) want that. This game is a massively multiplayer and it’s concept is to make people interact as much as possible.
My opinion: find a different game.

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Posted by: MyriadStars.5679

MyriadStars.5679

The issue is that not every one of us has the time to play multiple hours every day. If I could, then I would definitely find a team to do spvp, like what I used to do in wow 10 years ago (and I did win many matches back then). Right now I don’t have the time due to work, and I wonder whether it would be healthy for gw2 to lose all the players who can only play about 30-60 minutes at a time on most days.

This is the game, MMORPG is it’s standard basic concept. A multiplayer online game should not be changed to a standalone game just because you enjoy playing alone in a MMORPG. It is like forcing me to play solo just because you (a solo player) want that. This game is a massively multiplayer and it’s concept is to make people interact as much as possible.

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Elia.7193

None is forcing you to play solo. You are the one with the attitude “your way or no way”. Before the removal of solo arena there was the OPTION solo or team , everybody happy, now the option has been removed. I am not going to carry on the conversation with you because you don’t make conversation, you try to make everybody accept your opinion as the only one

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Acrisor.8097

None is forcing you to play solo. You are the one with the attitude “your way or no way”. Before the removal of solo arena there was the OPTION solo or team , everybody happy, now the option has been removed. I am not going to carry on the conversation with you because you don’t make conversation, you try to make everybody accept your opinion as the only one

It is not “my way or no way”, it is ArenaNet’s product, so it is “ArenaNet way or no way”. As a customer, I simply agree with ArenaNet and their decision to remove SoloQ from their MMORPG product, and my feedback is that I am OK with their decision. This is what I feel, and I am sorry if you do not feel the same, or if you no longer feel entertained by this game.

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Solo queue did suck by the end but that was because it was unsupported….

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Posted by: mbh.8301

mbh.8301

They should just add some voice program into ranked arena. It will give a chance for pugs to win against full premade.

The best group I ever played with didn’t use voip. Strategy in the game is honestly not that hard, and you can take the .02 seconds it takes to say “2 home” or “going far”. Positional strategy in gw2 is essentially arithmetic. The only time you need voip is for critical info during a fight, but pugs aren’t going to do that anyway when they could be busy flaming you in real time.

For me, queuing with just 1 other person was enough to dramatically improve the average quality of matches.

[quote=1567239;Lexie.5894:] My PVP experience is very consistent. I run around,
I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

It’s like people forgot about the blowouts and bad players in solo queue – THIS EXISTED

Every match under the old solo q system was not amazing and high quality not to mention the countless 4v5 and sky hammer matches

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

It’s like people forgot about the blowouts and bad players in solo queue – THIS EXISTED

Every match under the old solo q system was not amazing and high quality not to mention the countless 4v5 and sky hammer matches

Most 4vs5s at higher MMRs was caused by about 4/5 players who intentionally akitten. Would of been simple for anet to ban these people.

As for sky hammer, it was fine. At least it changed things up a little.

The problem was more the static meta, no new maps, no new game modes, and worse rewards and a flawed leaderboard.

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Another whiner #rekt. GG, WP.

MLG JUSTIN

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Sorel.4870

Thank you for that little reminder. The patch made me enjoy soloq again: no more insane queue times, people who actually wanted to organise in order to win (these guys were queuing solo in teamq before december), no more 4v5, etc. If we could have profession-based MMR and, yes Justin you’re absolutely right, more info on the match, and above all a broader player base, soloq would be almost as good an experience as teamq is.

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

MLG JUSTIN

Not really. maybe the dude doesnt play because the matchmaking is so bad. ever consider that?

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

MLG JUSTIN

Not really. maybe the dude doesnt play because the matchmaking is so bad. ever consider that?

Nope.

#rekt #mlg420noscope

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Sorel.4870

MLG JUSTIN

He already answered: he has another account, but posts using this one because he’s afraid of Justin! Justin, as much as I enjoy the way you confront whiners with their real match data (like in this other thread where this guy only had three matches against “premades” -duos and trios- out of 72), I really hope you’ll give us in-game match information soon. Thank you in advance!

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Posted by: Macmoarning.3208

Macmoarning.3208

Your thoughts about making 1v1 arena?
DM in Courtyard for example.
Or scraps of some places from World Map/WvW?
I somehow feel that it could be a food for those SoloQ people.
Tho, I can imagine that they’ll start whining about class balances

1v1 would be cool, 2v2 would be owsommm, 3v3 would be epic. In fact, any other playstyle which isnt about “nod control”would be nice do, cuz i feel kinda bored about playing the same thing every time, even if guild wars is a really well made game.
Its just that sometime, you need some novelty, new features. Guild wars is in my opinion really lacking in that way. I became allergic to your pvp system, wich is based only about “capturing points”, in fact i dont even try to play by the rules anymore, cuz i do feel like a robot, so i end up in hot join killing ppl… cuz the only thing that remains to me is that unique gameplay that GW2 offers. JEEEZZZZZZ…… THINK BIGGER, pls. Think about what you could do ( like Tao.5096 suggested, we ’re probably not the only one to think that way…Just look all the people who are gathering in the King of the hill servers : Pretty obvious. ) with 2v2, 3v3, XvX matchmaking, or any other new way to compete, Lots of games already made that, maybe guys you dont want to do the same thing that the others do, but sometimes its also better to do it anyway.

bring back solo arena

in PvP

rainbow.4695

MLG JUSTIN

Grow up, you read one line and immediately came to a conclusion. I have two accounts, I didn’t know that was important from which one I post my opinion

bring back solo arena

in PvP

Posted by: Macmoarning.3208

Macmoarning.3208

Grow up, you read one line and immediately came to a conclusion. I have two accounts, I didn’t know that was important from which one I post my opinion

Actually he reached to conclusion : you have another acount OR you’re a liar. You linked it.