buff elementalist's pls

buff elementalist's pls

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

i dont play ele at all. i have a friend that does. they are really easy to kill on most classes and its unfair for them.i think we can all agree they are very weak this season.

im bad at sarcasm

buff elementalist's pls

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

How about we nerf everyone else instead… It’ll take more time but it’ll be healthier for the game.

buff elementalist's pls

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

How about we nerf everyone else instead… It’ll take more time but it’ll be healthier for the game.

whats the difference? most classes already can die in about 10 seconds. would you like to cut that down more?

im bad at sarcasm

buff elementalist's pls

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

I still see aurashare tempests running around that aren’t easy to kill though unless you 2v1 and sometimes even then if you don’t have enough cc and dps.

buff elementalist's pls

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

whats the difference? most classes already can die in about 10 seconds. would you like to cut that down more?

The difference is less powercreep.

buff elementalist's pls

in PvP

Posted by: Conaywea.5062

Conaywea.5062

Thats what you get for playing that boring build

buff elementalist's pls

in PvP

Posted by: ProDecius.2609

ProDecius.2609

Second dark age of elementalist has begun and problably won’t end till the next xpac. I am just waiting for the gw2 version of nostalrius at this point tbh. Healer ele is just not fun, much like most hot classes. There is FA ele, It’s totally un viable tbh, but it can work with perfect support. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hje9XWUEzO4 If you want to play elementalist and retain your soul with amount of satisfaction and enjoyment, then this is for you. I recommend slotting in lightning flash though, and the superspeed trait.

buff elementalist's pls

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

I hear the ele has the best build diversity and can play DPS builds.

buff elementalist's pls

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Healer tempest is still one my of favorite teammate. I think it is quite strong.
What they need is similar to many other professions, more options.

buff elementalist's pls

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Please don’t buff ele please. Instead nerf all the other power creeped classes. The last thing we need is more 100-0 burst tanks.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

buff elementalist's pls

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Please don’t buff ele please. Instead nerf all the other power creeped classes. The last thing we need is more 100-0 burst tanks.

Like most classes, they need some buffs in under-powered skills/utilities, and probably some nerfs in some over-performing ones (although not as many as some, especially after the last round of healing nerfs). At this point, the only nerfs needed would be some more healing nerfs as you SIMULTANEOUSLY nerfed everyone else’s damage a bit.

For instance, you can buff scepter to at least make the auto-attack damage not so pathetic (and the stupid fire-field thing they added to flamestrike was the stupidest “buff” they could have done for that autoattack), speed up the cast of dragon’s tooth, speed up the burst time on shatterstone, etc. without creating anything OP (it would still be UP, but at least more usable). Likewise, they could buff OH dagger to have actually viable mobility (undo RtL double-CD, or just halve the current CD), reduce the CD on earthquake and updraft a bit, reduce the CD on cleansing wave a bit, etc. without making anything OP. Again, it wouldn’t even be taken over focus, but it would at least make it more usable and fun. Finally, staff could use some REAL QoL, like having aoes tick on-cast (like lava font) so that people can’t just strafe and avoid 90% of your damage. Changes like that would make the weapon usable in PvP without changing its PvE strengths at all.

(edited by BlackBeard.2873)

buff elementalist's pls

in PvP

Posted by: Conaywea.5062

Conaywea.5062

I hear the ele has the best build diversity and can play DPS builds.

I mean in the past when the game was full of celestial eles making the game boring as kitten

buff elementalist's pls

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Tempest took a hard hit But so far in ranked u can still 1 v 2 with high difficulty. And still soft counter DH’s and offer support for your team. It still works at esl provided u have the right comp and hardcounter but yeah.It’s not kitten.

What kittenes me of is that i find this kind of nerf unjustified. None of the ’’dps’’ buffs are worth anything. Nerfs after nerfs after nerfs. And no other build in it’s place. And the core elementlist scepter focus is not what u call a dps build. It hits like a wet noodle. The only thing that has dps on par with current hot specs is air overload wich also got a 10 percent shave. And then be happy to not get interuptted you decrease your survivability even more and go with harmonious conduit.

buff elementalist's pls

in PvP

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

Eles don’t need a buff, they need an entire rework. It’s clear whoever is incharge of the tempest design doesn’t have an exact idea of how it should work. Ele needs more than just an “auratempest boon” build. Their staff isn’t great in pvp, scepter isn’t great, dagger isn’t great. It’s just good. Ele needs a rework and not a buff. You’re only effective if you’re booning and healing; it’s boring. You’ll do fine in low skilled player matches but as you get into a match with players who know the weakness of ele you’ll be picked apart in a second, No matter your ele skill level.

buff elementalist's pls

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

let’s see

-zero build diversity
-extremely teammate dependant – zero carry potential in solo q
-forgettable damage even on dps spec
-besides heal any other class offers better utility for team
-can’t kill anything 1v1 (maybe noob thief)
-nobody want’s to play it, even if likes supports specs (because tempest healbot IS boring)
-basically no amulet work’s on it well

yea no need for buff…

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

buff elementalist's pls

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

A lot of what’s wrong with Ele is that the class is no longer independently reliable. Sure there’s going to be a gap between high level ESL teams utilizing the Ele class vs the unsyncronized soloQ player experience but the gap between the two shouldn’t be as big as it is.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

buff elementalist's pls

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Let’s be honest here, the class has been completely destroyed the moment they changed the trait system and went on to implement an avalanche of nerfs.

They removed might on cantrips just so that people would use the shouts, and that was after the sigil of battle and might nerfs. They made the entire fire line useless to “fix” celestial ele having too much power and condition dmg and they destroyed power staff ele in both WvW and PvP unknowingly.

But, check this out: Then they removed the celestial amulet from the game, but didn’t give the elementalist the fire cantrips traits back. lol Geee thanks.

That’s just one example, you could make a list that would take 2 pages of ridiculous elementalist nerfs that have destroyed builds that had nothing to do with what Anet was supposedly trying to fix.

They only balance the elementalist class according to the most played build with no vision or care about what will unfold with other weapons and gamemodes.

I had freaking amazing builds that nobody was using 2 years ago. NONE of them are possible today. They were all systematically destroyed one after an other. All because of some other apparently OP build that was actually not that good, it’s just that players don’t/didn’t know how to break an good elementalist rotation.

/rant over, about to uninstall soon.

buff elementalist's pls

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

Of course I don’t play ele but I really don’t think it needs a buff. The support build, while not as good as it used to be, still gives out great healing and survives 1v2 very well. Yes, if you just use all of your cooldowns immediately like some players do you will die very fast but if you play well, you will survive extremely well. It may be not as useful in ranked/unranked as it is in ESL because people generally just run away from your support unless they are a good, experienced player (something I also know from playing ranger, lol) but if played well and your teammates allow you to heal them at the right time, ele is very strong.

What does need a buff however are the power builds because they are just total trash right now and you put yourself at a disadvantage by playing one. I know that if you are good compared to your enemies you will still be very effective, but that fact is that against equally skilled players you will be useless. Ele does need more build diversity (along with every other class) but the current meta heal build is fine as it is in my opinion.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

buff elementalist's pls

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Welcome to the Mesmer’s world. Returning to the point, I love my auramancer ele, the team medic role suits me to a “t.” Sadly, ANET trashed it for me since I solo queue.

I strongly suspect that balance decisions are made based on dueling or a dev’s subjective experience in PvP. Neither of those is likely to produce reliable results.

I wish anet would be much lighter handed and cautious with both buffs and nerfs.
( after they nerf bat DH of course )

Mesmerising Girl

(edited by Ithilwen.1529)

buff elementalist's pls

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I think the best buff for Elementalist would be the ability to dodge while Overloading.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

buff elementalist's pls

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

oooh now there’s an interesting idea.

Mesmerising Girl

buff elementalist's pls

in PvP

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

That is the most convincing premise for an argument I have ever heard

/15 keks

buff elementalist's pls

in PvP

Posted by: Lich King.1524

Lich King.1524

Need to rework Eles.
At this moment it’s completely not fun to play Ele anymore.

Look what Anet did:
Ele works as tempest only. Other builds are way too bad.
But tempest is a melee fighter (because overloads, etc)
But no armor or damage mitigation and weak damage.
What a crap idea behind this?
To remove all dps builds and make a healbot? But why then heal was nerfed too?
As result we have weak heal-bot who can’t heal much, an can’t protect even himself
or glass cannon with no dps.

I stoped playing Ele this season, waiting when Anet will fix the ele.

Dear Anet! Please just decide what Archetype you want to have from Ele as primary in PvP?

- melee healbot? aoe or target?
- melee dps? aoe or target?
- range dps? aoe or target?
- range healbot? aoe or target?
- melee tank? or range?
- point holder or point puller?
- melee buffer or range buffer?
- power dps or condy dps?
etc etc

then make proper build/skills design based on selected Archetype

And please make more than 1 viable build…

(edited by Lich King.1524)

buff elementalist's pls

in PvP

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

not everyone wants to be stuck in the support or die role.

They should be able to play damage/condition roles without being destroyed like a leaf.

They dont need a buff, they need a complete overhaul.

buff elementalist's pls

in PvP

sephiroth.4217

Ele is mostly fine guys, get some builds. Need to be able to dodge while overloading!!!

Ele can still manage to pull about 15-25 kills a game, damage can be on par with an “OP trap guard”. Try sage D/D burn/bleed variant with old school might stacking techniques from the Cele meta. Take a warhorn if you prefer more damage/support over control. That’s just one example.

Pics has 3 different amulet results.

Attachments:

….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

buff elementalist's pls

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

Ele is mostly fine guys, get some builds. Need to be able to dodge while overloading!!!

Ele can still manage to pull about 15-25 kills a game, damage can be on par with an “OP trap guard”. Try sage D/D burn/bleed variant with old school might stacking techniques from the Cele meta. Take a warhorn if you prefer more damage/support over control. That’s just one example.

Your build may work, but it’s not even remotely as good as other meta DPS picks.

buff elementalist's pls

in PvP

Mr Godlike.6098

You know your kinda overpowered on staff sir, like always^^

Still I think ele needs some reworks because of one simple thing – on ele to get these numbers you need work over 400% more then anything else in pvp…it’s not fair and it’s not balanced.

Kawaleria (KW)

buff elementalist's pls

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Well the second picture is about what i get with my sage S/F ele in the offensive version. With water i have more condi removal on team and lower damage.
Problem with ele is so much useles skills and traits…. Totally forced to pick healing.
I played without healing power till last patch but now i feel the need of at least sage amulet … Thus from swaping between 4 amulets it brought me down to one.

buff elementalist's pls

in PvP

sephiroth.4217

Ele needs buffs but it doesn’t need an overhaul or a rework… I prob should have included that in my post somewhere lol

….. And Elementalist.

buff elementalist's pls

in PvP

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

If ele needs a buff because it is team dependent, then reaper also needs a buff. At least ele does not require one of two classes to be more than a corpse.

buff elementalist's pls

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

ELE and NEC =
1. Lock target on them ->
2. put CC on them ->
3. put damage on them ->
4. they die and your them have +5 point and 20 sec 5v4.
Even if you are God or Superman or Mutant. Just die~

Because they do not have that block block block inv inv dodge dodge movement heal heal block block block ….. brainless system.

buff elementalist's pls

in PvP

Mr Godlike.6098

ELE and NEC =
1. Lock target on them ->
2. put CC on them ->
3. put damage on them ->
4. they die and your them have +5 point and 20 sec 5v4.
Even if you are God or Superman or Mutant. Just die~

Because they do not have that block block block inv inv dodge dodge movement heal heal block block block ….. brainless system.

…and that’s why ele needs rework…simply because you have every disadvantage there is.

Kawaleria (KW)

buff elementalist's pls

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

oooh now there’s an interesting idea.

We all asked for it (dodge during overload) during the first beta but Karl went with 1 stack of stability instead on a trait, forcing everyone to use that trait.