can anything be done about afk?

in PvP

Posted by: TerminalMontage.5693

TerminalMontage.5693

I’ve been in plenty of parties that have won matches with 2 thieves. This loser decided to run circles in the base instead of just playing the game because he doesn’t like thieves.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Sooloo.1364

Sooloo.1364

I don’t know what divisions that is happening in but the only time I’ve ever seen anyone AFK is when the team was being smashed at every point and the enemy score is becoming unbeatable. If we could /resign the AFK problem would go away

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

There are quite a few people I’ve played with that will afk if they don’t get the team comp they want, the opening split does not go in their favor, or someone does something they disagree with. I think a forum to post screens/videos of tossers would be good.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

It’s nothing ANet can do anything about. PvP is a toxic community. There’s a lot of kittens out there like this and they tend to kitten off people to the point of making them into kittens too. The best you can do is shrug it off, and just focus on what you can control.

in PvP

Posted by: AllNightPlayer.1286

AllNightPlayer.1286

It’s A-Net’s fault after all. If they don’t find ways to motivate their playerbase to actually play the game, it’s not surprising that even streamers go AFK in PvP matches.
As long as PvP and it’s matchmaking doesn’t get an overhaul, people will continue not to play a match until the end.

in PvP

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

how can u blame some 1 for going afk with this MM ?

in PvP

Posted by: TerminalMontage.5693

TerminalMontage.5693

This was in Ruby.

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

There is nothing Anet can do about afk players except punishing those that are reported and even that will never eliminate the problem completely. I just accept it as part of the game to be honest and I never care if someone goes afk, even if we were going to win the game, sometimes when someone is afk, my team just talks about the game and random stuff to pass the time until the game is over which is nice.

Although, afk players should not exist, there really isn’t much that anyone can do about it- players will afk if they are angry or (I find this one funny) to ‘punish’ players who they thought played bad in previous games. Best thing to do is to not get bothered by it- afk works in your favour as much as it works against you.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in PvP

Prince Vingador.8067

There is nothing Anet can do about afk players except punishing those that are reported and even that will never eliminate the problem completely. I just accept it as part of the game to be honest and I never care if someone goes afk, even if we were going to win the game, sometimes when someone is afk, my team just talks about the game and random stuff to pass the time until the game is over which is nice.

Although, afk players should not exist, there really isn’t much that anyone can do about it- players will afk if they are angry or (I find this one funny) to ‘punish’ players who they thought played bad in previous games. Best thing to do is to not get bothered by it- afk works in your favour as much as it works against you.

about your comment about players afking to punish others, i feel its more about , u get the same bad player 6 games ina row and u just give up on the 7th because u cant take it anymore. but wtv blame the afk players

in PvP

Posted by: Tengu Talons.7921

Tengu Talons.7921

You can tell a lost game way before the score decides it. Cant win any team fights? check Cant out rotate enemy? Check Cant kill the double bunker cause you have no pressure? check game needs a /resign

in PvP

Posted by: Onlysaneman.9612

Onlysaneman.9612

about your comment about players afking to punish others, i feel its more about , u get the same bad player 6 games ina row and u just give up on the 7th because u cant take it anymore. but wtv blame the afk players

Yes, blame the afk players. While the matchmaking may be terrible and throw some players under the bus- which needs fixing- you still signed up to be placed in a random team. You accept, when you click that button, that you have no control over the team you get. Don’t try to punish other players for something that is entirely the fault of the matchmaking. If you do not have the emotional maturity to accept that your teammates may make mistakes then either don’t play or make a team. That is, if you can find anyone able to stomach an afker in their party.

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Signed up to play ranked competitively. Didn’t know I was signing up to carry the uncarryable while damaging my MMR beyond recognition. When I’m not a “really good player” but is the only player on my team that don’t get insta downed. What do you want me to do?

Don’t worry your head little off. I haven’t played sPvP really since mid season 2 when “I GOT IT”. But many others who, for whatever reasons continues to get kittened off at this continues to play day in and day out, again I can’t fathom it. When a game make me rage as much is I did in season 2 GW2’s PvP. I just stop playing it till the things that made me Rage (Matchmaker) so hardcore have been fixed. (Which at point my be never)

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

It’s nothing ANet can do anything about. PvP is a toxic community. There’s a lot of kittens out there like this and they tend to kitten off people to the point of making them into kittens too. The best you can do is shrug it off, and just focus on what you can control.

Sure they can do. Just give the option to vote players for being afk. After being voted you get a 1 hour ban. Make this ban stack. Problem solved.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

in PvP

Posted by: Cuchulainn.7421

Cuchulainn.7421

Nobody cries if ur gettinh kicked in pve groups with the wrong build….In pvp this is not possible. U have to play with noobs or u can go afk because u cannot kick them like in pve.

Imagine pve, a group will be thrown together after a while and u canĀ“t kick anybody for the whole time.

in PvP

Posted by: Sooloo.1364

Sooloo.1364

I would bet gold that 9 times out of 10 the AFK player does it for legitimate reasons.
It gets really tiring trying to carry bad or stupid players, easier to ride it out in spawn.
I was in a match where 4 went home and I asked if anyone was coming mid with me and 1 replied “Why would you go mid stupid?” ……. I didnt go AFK but if I did I imagine one of them would be asking how to ban the AFK player.
And I’ve still never seen anyone AFK for no reason.

in PvP

shagwell.1349

Legitimate reason: toilet.
Anything else is just an excuse to not want to play a game. You still can leave the game if you think your team is bad or players are bad or anything else.

in PvP

Reaper Alim.4176

Anything else is just an excuse to not want to play a game. You still can leave the game if you think your team is bad or players are bad or anything else.

Take away dishonor and I bet you’ll see many of the afkers just flat out leave.

But really the childish self entitlement that people on these forums feel, about trapping players into matches they know is a lost cause is very funny and sad at the same time.

I say it again, you have the right to force players into failcade matches as such. So players that get forced into said matches have the right to not give their all( typing the middle mouse button and running right into mid to insta die like the rest of your team was anyways.)

If you can’t stomach such a fact that even ANet has then kitten fool I feel very sorry you domesticated fool.

But at least I admit it!

in PvP

Prince Vingador.8067

i think we just running around in circles.
the thing is this , game starts , every one plays , fair enough , but…… after lets say 2 minutes the score is 300- 30 with no caps for your team and u loosing every team fight, pliz tell me do u really think its fair to drag such a game?
really?
come on… clearly MM is not working if such thing happens, this is why players afk , no 1 afks because they want to lose, they afk cause game its lost, problem is some of u cant see game its lost , and want to force every 1 to play a lost battle, why respawning and after 30 seconds die again? over and over and over?
is that fun? its not ..
So lets all just relax a bit and see the real problem here , macth making needs to improve a lot and i mean a lot….

also if u would give the power to kick some 1 out, then 4 players could just troll 1 player even tho he was not the reason they lost.
i know its a hard problem this one , but with all this class stacking and premades vs solos its really hard not to afk , just had a game vs a team with 2 thieves my team had none we won 500- 50 , would u blame them for afk mid game?

just finish a game 10 seconds ago game starts our warrior has all signetes i thought ok np, i target him because i already could see teh outcome, after 30 seconds 1 of us dcs , 3 minutes into the gamne we r 4vs 5 no caps 350- 50 and the warrior still running around with the target from start, means none of us even target them in team fighst , game ended and we lost we were all solo players vs a 4 men premade, and yes i akitten 350 -50 with 4vs 5 , now tell me i need to get banned ??
REALLY?

(edited by Prince Vingador.8067)

in PvP

Reaper Alim.4176

I was just in a match with a little kid named King something or another. Told us from the start he was going to go far just to die and throw the match because I’m a tool, no less then 10 secs after loading screen. Should I be forced to continue to waste my time on a match someone else is actively giving to the other team or get banned. Or should I just use my 2nd monitor to entertain my self why such debacles takes place.

Funny thing was he was hurting the other 3 on our team that was actively trying their hearts out to get their pips. Because I gave no care what so ever about the back piece which I can still get in season 4 but will not try. Because why should I if it’s not enjoyable in a game.

But at least I admit it!

(edited by Reaper Alim.4176)

in PvP

Prince Vingador.8067

ok i was just in a game , and before game even started i was ask if i was going to afk, previous game i had a ranger double capping whole game and when the game was 400- 200 i stoped , and i reply i would if i had the same type of players double capping points.
game starts and i get players double and triple capping close.
now i want to ask to all this players asking for afkers to get punished, what will u do in this situation?
would u blame the afker or the kids double and triple capping trwing the game?
i mean they r playing right? they are double and triple capping but they are playing so its ok?
and the guy that said f…….. this and goes afk gets the banned?
think about that

Attachments:

in PvP

shagwell.1349

But really the childish self entitlement that people on these forums feel, about trapping players into matches they know is a lost cause is very funny and sad at the same time.

I say it again, you have the right to force players into failcade matches as such. So players that get forced into said matches have the right to not give their all( typing the middle mouse button and running right into mid to insta die like the rest of your team was anyways.)

If you can’t stomach such a fact that even ANet has then kitten fool I feel very sorry you domesticated fool.

Then don’t play pvp. PvP is often one-sided. In every pvp game that is out there. You win some, you lose some. You have good team mates or bad ones. If you have bad ones, why should you be able to leave without being penalized for that?
By being afk or leaving you destroy every slight chance of your team to maybe make it at least a good game or even win in the end.
Why? Because it’s your inflated ego telling you “we lost the first fight and I DID SO WELL, while my team sucks”.
And yes, you should be punished for throwing games, as you should be punished for bad language. In any game outside the internet, your team would kick you out for such behaviour. On the internet it’s ok? No, you behave like an idiot, you will be treated like one.

Yes, the mmr system in GW2 is terrible. You know that. If you know that and want to deal with it, go and play and play to win. If you don’t want to play games were you get stomped, play something else but stay away from ranked.

in PvP

Prince Vingador.8067

Then don’t play pvp. PvP is often one-sided. In every pvp game that is out there. You win some, you lose some. You have good team mates or bad ones. If you have bad ones, why should you be able to leave without being penalized for that?
By being afk or leaving you destroy every slight chance of your team to maybe make it at least a good game or even win in the end.
Why? Because it’s your inflated ego telling you “we lost the first fight and I DID SO WELL, while my team sucks”.
And yes, you should be punished for throwing games, as you should be punished for bad language. In any game outside the internet, your team would kick you out for such behaviour. On the internet it’s ok? No, you behave like an idiot, you will be treated like one.

Yes, the mmr system in GW2 is terrible. You know that. If you know that and want to deal with it, go and play and play to win. If you don’t want to play games were you get stomped, play something else but stay away from ranked.

No one is trowing anything , the game is lost an du just give up , read my comments abouve, if you team decides to double an dtriple capp an dthen u have a dc , WTF WOULD U KEEP PLAYING?
are u all …………. SOME GAMES U JUST CANT WIN , IF U LOSING EVERY F……..ING TEAM FIGHT IF YOUR TEAM IS DOUBLE CAPPING AND PERMA DOWN , WHAT CHANCE DO U HAVE?
no point to keep playing , thats why players afk.
look at players streaming, they play the best and they just cant win so they afk , how can u blame the only sane person in the team , if u want to keep feeding go ahead , but pliz kitten , u really sound like an amber player.

in PvP

shagwell.1349

Maybe pvp isn’t for you then. I go into pvp for pvp, not for pips. That’s why I don’t afk if a match is bad.
“look, all the cool guys in legendary go afk” isn’t a valid argument. That just shows what happened to the community. You play only, when things go your way. As I said before “you lose a match, because your team mates are idiots” but going afk makes you one of these idiots and you should be punished as leavers are.
I won a lot of those “100:300 games” this season, because my team got their kitten together and we still won.
Yes, I lost a ton of those matches too, but going afk helps how? Exactly, it doesn’t.

in PvP

Prince Vingador.8067

Maybe pvp isn’t for you then. I go into pvp for pvp, not for pips. That’s why I don’t afk if a match is bad.
“look, all the cool guys in legendary go afk” isn’t a valid argument. That just shows what happened to the community. You play only, when things go your way. As I said before “you lose a match, because your team mates are idiots” but going afk makes you one of these idiots and you should be punished as leavers are.
I won a lot of those “100:300 games” this season, because my team got their kitten together and we still won.
Yes, I lost a ton of those matches too, but going afk helps how? Exactly, it doesn’t.

Why gw1 had a /resign ? I dont get it ..
Pliz explain me why in gw1 that has better pvp than in gw2 there is a resign, according to u thats bad, players should play untill the end.
Players get upset because bad MM happens more often than good MM , if we had just 1 bad game once in a while then yes , lets just keep playing, but atm its game after game and after a few bad games players just cant take it anymore, u cant blame them, there os no reward for keep playing after u know its a loss, dont try to sound all goody goody, u will understand after u reach 25 000 pvp games like i have, untill then keep feeding son.

in PvP

Posted by: Onlysaneman.9612

Onlysaneman.9612

I have nothing against putting in a resign button if the majority of a team wants to give up on a lost cause. However, when you go afk you do more than just decrease the odds of winning, you make any efforts by your teammates to enjoy the match, win or lose, much more difficult because a 4v5 will invariably snowball and lead to every person on your team getting swarmed 2 or more v 1 within the first minute of them being out of respawn. So now your team cannot even seek out 1v1s or get any entertaining fights in because they get zerged down for the remaining 5 minutes of the match. This denies newer players needed mechanical practice and denies anyone else the chance to get ANY feeling of satisfaction from the match, even the minor personal victory of winning a good 1v1.

Is getting paired with people worse than you frustrating? Of course, but it does not excuse throwing a tantrum.

in PvP

Prince Vingador.8067

There is hot joins and there is unranked also.
When some one goes afk because your team mates are double capping or dying to svanir or stomping clones like i had players last game and u dont have a single capp , u not going to win, if u keep playing u will have 0,02 percent to win and if u go afk then u have 0,01 thats the only diference, so since we are stuck in hotm when in que then they that time to go get a drink or something
Now on a more serious note, MM is bad, i think we can all agree on that, now some of us go afk when there is no chance to win, and some keep playing, but dont fool yourself, if u keep playing because i dont know , maybe u are a sado masochist or wtv u not gonna change the outcome or be any better than the guy that look at the game saw its 99,9 percent lost and went afk, u really cant blame that guy ( im talking in a situation when the game is lost ) there is no resign option, and some of us that can look and see its really lost , dont like to feed over and over.
I also play chess and im a ranked player my elo is around 2150 atm , and there is situation that even losing a pawn its enough to resign a game, ofc when u look and see the guy just resign u think " WTF THAT GUY JUST RESIGN? WHY HE JUST LOST A PAWN ,THATS NOTHING" but some one that can really see will understand it was a losing battle, wad a lost position and would understand.
Now back to gw2, when some decides to afk because the game its lost, u might not understand why and u blame him, but a loss its a loss and some prefer to resign.
Now if u want to improve , i mean really improve get a team, or join some duel servers, but pliz dont come here lecturing me to play untill the end when the game is clearly lost, i mean really lost, theres no point atm in gw2 to try like we could previous season , that a loss could still get u a pip.
Again i say and i keep repeating myself, lets fix the MM and add a resign option and u will see that afks will decrease by a lot .

(edited by Prince Vingador.8067)

in PvP

Reaper Alim.4176

I have nothing against putting in a resign button if the majority of a team wants to give up on a lost cause. However, when you go afk you do more than just decrease the odds of winning, you make any efforts by your teammates to enjoy the match, win or lose, much more difficult because a 4v5 will invariably snowball and lead to every person on your team getting swarmed 2 or more v 1 within the first minute of them being out of respawn. So now your team cannot even seek out 1v1s or get any entertaining fights in because they get zerged down for the remaining 5 minutes of the match. This denies newer players needed mechanical practice and denies anyone else the chance to get ANY feeling of satisfaction from the match, even the minor personal victory of winning a good 1v1.

Is getting paired with people worse than you frustrating? Of course, but it does not excuse throwing a tantrum.

Seems like the only ones throwing a tantrum are people like you on their high horse. Myself and others was being civil while you are like….

kitten you kittenters you should be banned for not trying your all in a lost cause match because you paid ANet to sacrifice yourself to make the game more enjoyable for other players that shouldn’t be anyway near matches you are in enemy or friendly team players to begin with.

We get it, people like you feel completely entitled to be carried by people like myself. And when we simply decide to not shoulder such burden after constant abuse by the system, yall come on the forums, throw tantrums, and make treads like these. And complain about the players that stopped putting in enoth effort to satisfied your fancy after the 3 or 4 of yall are repeatedly insta dying, or just purposely feeding the other team kills to throw the match.

And no you don’t get to say I don’t need to play ranked because you can’t carry your own weight. I’ll however offer a somewhat short term solution that might help a little. "How about players are not ALLOWED AT ALL to queue up for Ranked till they reach “PvP lvl 80.” Atleast we get rid of some of the newer players that feel self entitled to waste others players efforts.

I mean going into Ranked completely new and unaware of how to play pvp, is in my opinion worst then the players that just stop giving their all in lost caused matches. YOU ARE MOST OF THE CAUSE FOR THESE PLAYERS TO STOP GIVING THEIR ALL.

But at least I admit it!

in PvP

Prince Vingador.8067

Seems like the only ones throwing a tantrum are people like you on their high horse. Myself and others was being civil while you are like….

kitten you kittenters you should be banned for not trying your all in a lost cause match because you paid ANet to sacrifice yourself to make the game more enjoyable for other players that shouldn’t be anyway near matches you are in enemy or friendly team players to begin with.

We get it, people like you feel completely entitled to be carried by people like myself. And when we simply decide to not shoulder such burden after constant abuse by the system, yall come on the forums, throw tantrums, and make treads like these. And complain about the players that stopped putting in enoth effort to satisfied your fancy after the 3 or 4 of yall are repeatedly insta dying, or just purposely feeding the other team kills to throw the match.

And no you don’t get to say I don’t need to play ranked because you can’t carry your own weight. I’ll however offer a somewhat short term solution that might help a little. "How about players are not ALLOWED AT ALL to queue up for Ranked till they reach “PvP lvl 80.” Atleast we get rid of some of the newer players that feel self entitled to waste others players efforts.

I mean going into Ranked completely new and unaware of how to play pvp, is in my opinion worst then the players that just stop giving their all in lost caused matches. YOU ARE MOST OF THE CAUSE FOR THESE PLAYERS TO STOP GIVING THEIR ALL.

Lvl 80 its easy to get with tomes and buffs , i think u ment rank 80?
I actually just joined ranked when i was rank 40 and that was the old rank , not like now that u just breeze till rank 80.
I set that goal for myself so i woulnt be stomping clones or dying to svanir and such.
But these days playets just join ranked knowing nothing almost and dont understand why some of us go afk because of their actiln over and over even when u try to explain them simple things , they ignored u or even insult u.
But yes lets blame the guy that went afk when the game was lost.

in PvP

Reaper Alim.4176

Lvl 80 its easy to get with tomes and buffs , i think u ment rank 80?
I actually just joined ranked when i was rank 40 and that was the old rank , not like now that u just breeze till rank 80.
I set that goal for myself so i woulnt be stomping clones or dying to svanir and such.
But these days playets just join ranked knowing nothing almost and dont understand why some of us go afk because of their actiln over and over even when u try to explain them simple things , they ignored u or even insult u.
But yes lets blame the guy that went afk when the game was lost.

Yes I meant PvP rank 80. And know it’s not “AFK” lets get over the false stigma. It’s called not giving your all anymore because the match is beyond salvageable. Clearly these so called AFK players are at their keyboard some like me self try to give out helpful advice just to get shot down with. “kitten you kitten you play with us or stop playing pvp at all you kittening kittenty kitten …”

But at least I admit it!

in PvP

Prince Vingador.8067

i think its really hard to play pvp atm , i decided to play a few unranked games , before game starts our guard says hes going to bunk mid, i told him that he should be in team fights , so if they ignore mid just rotate to some place where the team fight is,
the reply was " im legendary your words are insignificant and have 0 value"
ok np i kep playing wtv , then we r fighting mid and ofc bunker is nowhere to be seen we are 2 vs 2 at one moment and my team mate runs away from point i was still full hp almost , and after he got stoped away from the point , i got this nice whispers , ,,,,,,,,
now pliz tell me how much can a player take before he decides to afk and say enough its enough , i would like to hear your opinions.

Attachments: