can we please get this for anti-smurfs?!

in PvP

Posted by: Galeskyring.9617

Galeskyring.9617

Anet please make it so ‘blocking’ someone prevents the system from putting people in party with us when we Q up for ranked fights, I’ve had a terrible time getting up in season 3’s rankings because there has far to often been at least 1 person deliberately throwing the fight so that my team loses, whats worse I’ve had these same people on my team multiple times and always lose when they are on my team’s roster.

It isn’t fair, it’s terribly trolly and above frustrating!!!!

I spent over 2 days on sapphire t4 clawing up to t5 because of this, constantly getting smurfs in my team’s roster every other fight forcing me to lose pips before I could get out of the tier. It has frustrated me as well as other people to watch 1 guy do little or nothing the whole fight or worse go to the same place throughout the entire match and let themselves get killed to feed the other team score.

Soc an we PLEASE get some method of dealing with this nonsense?

Yesterday alone I had 1 incident where the same smurf was in my party 3 times in a row during solo ranked Q and 2 other occasions later int he day,a ll of which was matches I lost cause he stands there ranting in team chat while alive instead of fighting, even if people block him he still does it every match. people like this are detrimental to ranked play if we who are actually trying don’t have any way to keep them out of our party, it shouldn’t be a requirement to pre-make a team of 5 to prevent these smurfs, not all of us can manage that so PLEASE PLEASE ELAPSE give us a way to prevent smurfs from constantly being in our party’s for ranked play. Seasons in pvp are already hard enough without this bogus nonsense always dragging down players who are trying their hardest to go up the ranks.

Honor, Kindness, Patience, are Virtues; Virtues are practiced~ Loyalty & respect are earned

Regard others as you would normally, the internet is not justification for mistreating others

in PvP

Posted by: Acnologia.6934

Acnologia.6934

i play a match with a guy called Dt Ele. he afk for the entire match. when we ask him why he said: “just for fun”………… there is no hope Gale…. no hope at all

in PvP

Posted by: Shaffalahien.7859

Shaffalahien.7859

I know this is probably impossible to do, but it is really not fun when there are people on your team that are trying to lose.

Solo Q is hard for a lot of reasons right now. This is the most dispiriting one.

in PvP

Galeskyring.9617

Hopefully anet will sit down and find a solution that fits.

Honor, Kindness, Patience, are Virtues; Virtues are practiced~ Loyalty & respect are earned

Regard others as you would normally, the internet is not justification for mistreating others

in PvP

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

That’s what happens when MMR is used for matches. It allows people to tank to force winstreaks. It sucks and completely negates the League.

Possible solution:
Untie rewards from division threshold. (PvP tickets and Backpack division crosses mainly.)
Increase amount of tiers in divisions. Reward PvP tickets for every match won, extra on a win streak.
Remove safety nets once reaching Emerald. (Can not fall back into Amber)
Only pick people within piprange of you.
Don’t have PvP ‘Seasons’, have it up as a continuous element of gameplay. Reward on a monthly basis of gold/transmutation charges/titles, depending on your position determines how much/what title if any.

Maybe this way only the people playing for competition will rise to Diamond/Legendary Leaderboard, while still letting the people who play for fun/skins do so.

Kitten.

(edited by Haleydawn.3764)

in PvP

Posted by: Bazooka.3590

Bazooka.3590

Agree. This MMR system and the league system is not compatible. MMR not measures your personal skill with this kind of team play. It measures only your luck (lets say “luck” but its a STRONGLY cheated system) if your in the stronger party you will be better than someone with the same skill in the weaker party.
This system is totally false. Dear Anet you can’t give rewards for personal performance based on that!!!!!!!!!
And force newbies to play at least a 100 unranked before the can play ranked.

in PvP

Posted by: Bazooka.3590

Bazooka.3590

I can see players in ruby with dear and wolf finishers. I thought first they are just pranksters but then a i realized as i whatched them to play they dont know the map. They don’t have an idea what to do and can’t stand a 1vs1.
(there are usually many of them in my team ofcourse (ty MMR sooooooooooooooo much!))

in PvP

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Those seem like good ideas to me Haleydawn, especially removing rewards from the requirement to cross division thresholds.

@Bazooka you have to be a dolyak rank 20 to queue for ranked games which took me about 90 games.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

And force newbies to play at least a 100 unranked before the can play ranked.

To avoid newbies just AFK’ing 100 ranked matches it would be better if it was win 100 unranked matches before you can Q ranked.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Galeskyring.9617

Can we please get a statement from an anet forum mod to let us know they are aware of this egregious issue and if they are going to try and fix it? I just lost a match cause a guy avoided the afk time out by running around the map goofing off and calling marks on his own team mates rather then on the enemy’s, I’d know cause he spammed me with target mark over twenty times!

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Agree. This MMR system and the league system is not compatible. MMR not measures your personal skill with this kind of team play. It measures only your luck (lets say “luck” but its a STRONGLY cheated system)

They fixed the Amber shopping.

in PvP

Galeskyring.9617

Agree. This MMR system and the league system is not compatible. MMR not measures your personal skill with this kind of team play. It measures only your luck (lets say “luck” but its a STRONGLY cheated system)

That hasn’t even touched the problem people have been plagued by since season 1, jipped matches are still going on where people get 1 person whom deliberately throws the match making it impossible for the other 4 on that team to win.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

That hasn’t even touched the problem people have been plagued by since season 1, jipped matches are still going on where people get 1 person whom deliberately throws the match making it impossible for the other 4 on that team to win.

The lower your MMR the worse your teammates and the deeper hole you dig yourself into though.

in PvP

Galeskyring.9617

The lower your MMR the worse your teammates and the deeper hole you dig yourself into though.

and onc eyour lose enough it’s possible to use that to go on a win streak that you don’t deserve, which is what people have been doing to cheat the system, they force teams to lose to get easy fights, get big win streaks then lose a few more times to lower their mmr and do it again. Anet needs to address this issue.

One such fix would be to stop basing personal score on team win/fail so trolls seeking to lower them mmr by throwing the match for win streaks can’t drag down those actually trying to win int he first place.

Personal score should be just that, PERSONAL not team rated, if one person is throwing the match the other 4 shouldn’t be punished with a lost pip for it.

in PvP

Galeskyring.9617

‘Grrrrrreeeeeaaat’ just got trolled 6 matches in a row, dropped far down the division cause of people score feeding instead of trying to win or cause they spent whole match off-cap roaming not even fighting mostly. and the big daddy the SIXTH match I lost cause a guy logged out RIGHT AT START then never came back, making it a 4v5 WHOLE MATCH.

ANET PLEASE ADDRESS THIS ISSUE.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

‘Grrrrrreeeeeaaat’ just got trolled 6 matches in a row, dropped far down the division cause of people score feeding instead of trying to win or cause they spent whole match off-cap roaming not even fighting mostly. and the big daddy the SIXTH match I lost cause a guy logged out RIGHT AT START then never came back, making it a 4v5 WHOLE MATCH.

If he logged out at start and never came back at least you dont lose a pip and dont lose a win streak if you was on one.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Galeskyring.9617

If he logged out at start and never came back at least you dont lose a pip and dont lose a win streak if you was on one.

It’s irritating either way, worse if you are on a lose streak because of mmr trolls because it further deprives players of win’s to progress.