celestial needs to go or get changed

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

Maybe they’re removing them to make way for future additions and fear the minions could obstruct the gameplay?

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

Maybe they’re removing them to make way for future additions and fear the minions could obstruct the gameplay?

Yes I still believe in the Ranger patch that they told stories of from like right after launch in December surely it will happen.

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Remove all Amulets, Runes and Sigils + nerf Thief.

Problem solved.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

(edited by Tao.5096)

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Well, one the abjured elaborated on that point telling us that the reason was most likely how powerful minstrel was at top tier. According to him, he said that matches would actually go on until the time limit was reached and, in some cases, the scores wouldn’t even be close to 500.

Although no one actually understands the reasoning being the removal of the runes. My best guess would be because they summoned AI and with the recent AI buff, they’ve become a tad bit obstructive (nothing that can’t easily be dealt with by switching targets for a second, but nonetheless). I suppose venom share and virtue of justice could’ve been an issue if they procced with those minions (not sure).

I’m curious if there’s a bit more simplistic reason to it. A few newer players came onto GW2 and said they didn’t like the “Tank” classes in the game. Other threads mentioned Minstrel needing to be removed. I guess Anet was already keeping a close eye on the amulet and decided to flip the switch the moment the amulet looked unhealthy.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

That would imply that anet already had an idea how powerful the amulet (among other things) could’ve been, but weren’t sure. It could very possibly mean that anet generally had their own agenda for buffs and nerfs and are already moving according to plan.

in PvP

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

Actually it’s other amulets that need changing. There is basically only 3 real amulet choices: Marauder for DPS, Celestial for brawlers and Rabid(or whatever) for Condition damage, though celestial can work with that too with might stacking.

The problem is that there isn’t a single amulet that offers both vitality and toughness coupled with good offensive stats (either power/ferocity/precision or condition damage/duration). Eles and Guardians ALWAYS need +vitality. So, if they want a bit of toughness and a bit damage there is no choice but to take Celestial.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in PvP

Tao.5096

Actually it’s other amulets that need changing. There is basically only 3 real amulet choices: Marauder for DPS, Celestial for brawlers and Rabid(or whatever) for Condition damage, though celestial can work with that too with might stacking.

The problem is that there isn’t a single amulet that offers both vitality and toughness coupled with good offensive stats (either power/ferocity/precision or condition damage/duration). Eles and Guardians ALWAYS need +vitality. So, if they want a bit of toughness and a bit damage there is no choice but to take Celestial.

Because Soldier and Sentinel amulets don’t exist.

in PvP

Posted by: Zanyu.2017

Zanyu.2017

Honestly I don’t mind that it exists, what bothers me, point for point, celestial gives the highest total amount of stats. Because amulets give such a huge chunk of stats, I believe that the point for point stat allocation should be even across the board.

I’m unsure how big of a difference it would make as far as changing the builds, but it would just be a slight nerf to those who use it. But it serves it’s main function of giving stats in all areas.

In complete honesty though, I wish they would rework the rune balance.

I think they should just allow you to choose your 2, 4, 6 piece bonus:

Using a heal skill will do… X
Using an elite skill will do…. X
When reaching 20% health….. X
Etc.

I think personally it’d be kind of fun to mix and match certain things.

They could attach each rune set piece with stats instead of them being tied to amulets. I personally don’t like the amulet system, where it’s all or nothing for stats.

(edited by Zanyu.2017)

in PvP

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Reduce the might stacking. Celestial without any might stacking does mediocre damage.

Now might stacking is way too easy on certain professions.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

Reduce the might stacking. Celestial without any might stacking does mediocre damage.

the answer is pretty simple, limit the amount of might a person can stack by themselves to 10 stacks, making 15, 20, 25 stacks of might a feat reserved to skillful teamplay only. i know anet has the ability to track where boons originate from (they have a “boons you applied” and “boons applied by teammates” score in the post-game scoreboard) so this is both a good idea and completely possible in terms of underlying game mechanics.

this, while a good start, wouldnt really alter the meta that much simply because of the sheer value a 26-30% stat advantage carries with it. in my opinion the perfect solution is to have two different variants of celestial, one with toughness removed, and one with ferocity removed. either this, or we need to see the stats be reduced across the board so the amulet only has an overall 15% advantage.

in PvP

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

Those are bunker amulets. Not brawler ones.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in PvP

sinject.4607

dont respond to him. for his sake im hoping he’s just trying to be a troll.

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

wow someone said it.. finally.

in PvP

Posted by: TheLargeUnit.2793

TheLargeUnit.2793

kitten cele, if they are not going to allow minstrels to stay in the game then they should remove all amulets except assains and zerk.
Big
kitten
Mode

Achmed Afro Thunder ~ Six Ft Pole Achmed ~ Dharok The Ravenous
Long Live [ASAP] Zerg: The greatest guild that ever was or will be.

in PvP

sinject.4607

wow someone said it.. finally.

i have literally said this since day one of the cele meta two years ago.

by the way, the “nerf” to hgh has made literally no difference in scrapper’s offensive strength whatsoever.
scrappers are still running around with 20-25 stacks of might, but now sometimes it dips down to 17 for a little before it goes back to 20-25.

kitten cele, if they are not going to allow minstrels to stay in the game then they should remove all amulets except assains and zerk.
Big
kitten
Mode

it’s pure hypocrisy to say you’re removing a potentially overpowered amulet that’s existed for a few days for the “health of the game” while you’ve let a tried and true overpowered amulet dominate every meta of the game for two years.

(edited by sinject.4607)

in PvP

Posted by: TheLargeUnit.2793

TheLargeUnit.2793

Exactly my point

Achmed Afro Thunder ~ Six Ft Pole Achmed ~ Dharok The Ravenous
Long Live [ASAP] Zerg: The greatest guild that ever was or will be.

in PvP

Posted by: LegallyBinding.4937

LegallyBinding.4937

No. Anet needs to keep their hands off for a bit and let the meta settle.

in PvP

sinject.4607

No. Anet needs to keep their hands off for a bit and let the meta settle.

this is coming from someone who protested the nerf of lingering light, so take this comment for what it’s worth.

in PvP

Tao.5096

oh wait,
you want Power/Precision/Ferocity/Vitality/Toughness amulet?

yeah right, it’s instant coffin nail for every other non condition amulet and spec.

There is a reason why Ele and Guard have such Health pools.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I don’t think that celestial amulet is overpowered, it is just the only amulet that gives you “enough” vitality/toughness for most brawler builds. Outside of glass cannons, toughness is critical for EVERY build, while low-health classes like ele, thief, and guards are essentially restricted to only run amulets with some vitality included (cleric guard can work b/c there is a very high-level of on-demand cleanse and hard-mitigation, while eles really rely on healing through everything).

To add to it, for any brawler, you are stuck fighting a battle of attrition, where even residual condi damage really adds up. This makes taking something like celestial an efficient choice, as you are utilizing all the stats in such a fight.

I really think they could improve diversity by offering some more “middle of the road” amulets that have just a little bit tough/vit and primarily 2 offensive stats.

Also, I have given some thought, and can’t decide if celestial should be re-tuned to include concentration/expertise (redistribute the points to include some in there, but keep the same total). In most cases, it would be a net nerf, but for something like ele, getting extra boon duration is like adding points to EVERY stat category.

Finally, some of these runes are very much on the strong-side, specifically Scrapper runes (-7% damage in melee range is insane, esp stacking with other effects. Tempests, for instance can get -57% damage within 360 range -47% within 600 while under the effect of prot) and + Boon Duration (Leadership runes give 30% boon duration FOR EVERY BOON….this will get abused).

in PvP

sinject.4607

I don’t think that celestial amulet is overpowered, it is just the only amulet that gives you “enough” vitality/toughness for most brawler builds. Outside of glass cannons, toughness is critical for EVERY build, while low-health classes like ele, thief, and guards are essentially restricted to only run amulets with some vitality included (cleric guard can work b/c there is a very high-level of on-demand cleanse and hard-mitigation, while eles really rely on healing through everything).

To add to it, for any brawler, you are stuck fighting a battle of attrition, where even residual condi damage really adds up. This makes taking something like celestial an efficient choice, as you are utilizing all the stats in such a fight.

I really think they could improve diversity by offering some more “middle of the road” amulets that have just a little bit tough/vit and primarily 2 offensive stats.

Also, I have given some thought, and can’t decide if celestial should be re-tuned to include concentration/expertise (redistribute the points to include some in there, but keep the same total). In most cases, it would be a net nerf, but for something like ele, getting extra boon duration is like adding points to EVERY stat category.

Finally, some of these runes are very much on the strong-side, specifically Scrapper runes (-7% damage in melee range is insane, esp stacking with other effects. Tempests, for instance can get -57% damage within 360 range -47% within 600 while under the effect of prot) and + Boon Duration (Leadership runes give 30% boon duration FOR EVERY BOON….this will get abused).

prove how celestial isn’t overpowered when it’s literally been the amulet of choice for every overpowered build for the past two years of meta? or is it just a huge coincidence that specs like d/d ele are average at best when not using celestial?

the only exception to this are random things that haven’t been properly given time to be balanced out like DH, and once DH gets nerfed we’re gonna see exclusively celestial users across the top of the meta tiering again.

people are tired of seeing builds that can fully utilize a 30% stat advantage completely be the center of the universe every single time when it comes to the meta because it’s boring, takes far less skill and competency than a dps/bunker/condition spec meta. do you know how limiting celestial is to the teamplay meta itself? why would anyone run a bunker/support build that requires teamwork to be effective when you can just have most of your teammates play celestial, have entirely self-sustaining support mechanics, and still be able to down people exactly as fast, if not faster? the same could be said for offense as well, why have an offensive-oriented build on your team when the celestial alternative can teamfight thanks to strong defensive sustain and put out the same damage thanks being able to maintain more power/condi damage than an offensive amulet through might?

if anet is really concerned about the “health” of the game, celestial has to be nerfed or removed. “bruiser” specs are fine, but with celestial as it is now, we’re seeing juggernaut specs, not bruiser specs.

in PvP

sinject.4607

bump because this is an important discussion that needs to happen