class for carring in solo

in PvP

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

Which are the classes better for going in solo and try to carry a team ? I played only engineer, my main , chronomancer and elementalist. In this season i find
- chronomancer ( strong in 1 vs 1 … good mobility , good support and great tactics with portal.. if well used you can support 2 points )
- scrapper ( always great even if after all the nerfs it is not so simple to win some 1 vs 1 .. for me condi warriors with all their cc remains hard ( at same level of player)
- elementalis ( in this meta i played only some matches with freshair for fun … not the best build for carry imho )

warriors and dh , from what i see , are really in good spot and if not stacked, i prefer a warrior in my team rather than a dh .

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

If you are a decent player you can carry very easily with DH do to the low skill floor for just starting out and higher level play if you time your defenses you can mitigate most unblockable damage in game easily, while still having good burst.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

Dh really is in a very good place right now. I think could take a spirit weapon like the hammer and still do pretty well, unlike before. its sustain is just about right. The only problems with it are it counters thief too easily because traps and the skill requirement is too low.

Carry classes are mesmer, scrapper, i wanna say rev but because of condi im not sure. I definitely feel like my revs presence makes a huge impact on fights but things become unnecessarily more difficult when there are stacking condi necros and mesmers. Healing druids are still clutch but not quite carry status.

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Best bet is an AH symbolic trap guard… Or maybe a thief but just play decaps. I’ve won so many games on thief just from avoiding fights and decapping. Without real bunkers, no one sits on point anymore. The moment you decap a point though, most likely 2-3 players will come so run run run.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

Which are the classes better for going in solo and try to carry a team ? I played only engineer, my main , chronomancer and elementalist. In this season i find
- chronomancer ( strong in 1 vs 1 … good mobility , good support and great tactics with portal.. if well used you can support 2 points )
- scrapper ( always great even if after all the nerfs it is not so simple to win some 1 vs 1 .. for me condi warriors with all their cc remains hard ( at same level of player)
- elementalis ( in this meta i played only some matches with freshair for fun … not the best build for carry imho )

warriors and dh , from what i see , are really in good spot and if not stacked, i prefer a warrior in my team rather than a dh .

carrying a team is a delusion, only and only if you can win a match whith the other 4 members AFK you are truly carrying the team.
you can be the MAN, the MVP or the name you prefer but not carrying a team.

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

carrying a team is a delusion, only and only if you can win a match whith the other 4 members AFK you are truly carrying the team.

this is someone who doesnt understand common definitions

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

But he’s not wrong. Unless you are in a lower bracket than you should be, you aren’t going to be carrying.

Amber – Ruby: DH/Reaper/Rev/Druid all have very very high impact on teamfights, which decides the game in the those divisions.

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

words implies things and the word carrying implies the pseudopro doing all the job, i know it is the word used but the implications of the word are very negative for the other four players doing their job and a more correct term if players are doing their job and one player is the one that make the diference(example : holding the point until the pro thief +1 and makes all the kills) is MVP

in PvP

Posted by: Rhex.2739

Rhex.2739

Best class for carry is thief. Anet pls nerf thief! No wonder why pvp is so bad in gw2. Thief is just faceroll with their 999kkkk Backstabs, permablock, permastealth and permaevades.

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

Best class for carry is thief. Anet pls nerf thief! No wonder why pvp is so bad in gw2. Thief is just faceroll with their 999kkkk Backstabs, permablock, permastealth and permaevades.

Are you taking about Amber Division?

Thief is in a quite bad spot at the moment and is not even meta.

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Conquest

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Best way to carry, is to use your best class and find a way to 1v2 on a point your color for minutes.

Portal give you more power to do that.

But… to do that, you need a side point already owned.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: RaGe.9834

RaGe.9834

Honestly, I’ve been doing fine with aura ele. Had a brief moment of MMR hell in ruby, due to all the [less than good players] on my team but once I got into the last tier, it’s just been winstreak after winstreak. When ur teammates are reliable, supporting and enhancing them is that best way to go. When their not… A well played rev carry hard.

What are you a jock?…. get out, This is nerd landia, where nerds gather!

(edited by RaGe.9834)

in PvP

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

Carry perhaps is the wrong word, the real concept is with which class you can be more effective and you can make more for changing your game . Obviously in a 5 men game you can not “carry” alone . You win if also other people do their job. You can make the difference but you can not play for other 4. With some players i see that it is near impossible to win but the right question was with which class is it easier to make the difference ? For me , for what i tried, it seemd to me that chronomancer is one of the best option becouse it is quite consistent in fighting and it has a good mobility . It seems to me that mobility is something really really important going in solo .