combo fields ideas

combo fields ideas

in PvP

Posted by: tehsmooth.7493

tehsmooth.7493

so the game is out quite a while now , people have gotten used to combo fields/finishers, how about adding some new finishers? maybe class unique combo fields/finishers.

for ex. if elementalist lays a fire combo field he can either change the blast to ‘give area might’ or ‘burn everyone for 2 ticks’ or just ‘plain more damage’ from the actual blast. its either one of those,. not all. this adds more variation to fields/finisherrs

would like to know some ideas on other classes havent given it as much tought but i think its good.

my 2 cents.

combo fields ideas

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

Customizing what your own combo finishers do? I like it. More customization is never a bad thing.

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

combo fields ideas

in PvP

Posted by: Wise.8025

Wise.8025

so the game is out quite a while now , people have gotten used to combo fields/finishers, how about adding some new finishers? maybe class unique combo fields/finishers.

for ex. if elementalist lays a fire combo field he can either change the blast to ‘give area might’ or ‘burn everyone for 2 ticks’ or just ‘plain more damage’ from the actual blast. its either one of those,. not all. this adds more variation to fields/finisherrs

would like to know some ideas on other classes havent given it as much tought but i think its good.

my 2 cents.

Great idea. I support this fully, with one small adjustment. Seeing as Ele already has a class unique combo field “lightning” how about giving a unique one to everybody else now.

combo fields ideas

in PvP

tehsmooth.7493

necromancer can have change its blast finisher to AOE-lifesteal(like a small heal for 300-400 on allies that are effected opening more support for necro) with some dmg
and maybe phsyical projectile to have it split up into 3 claws(staff) that travel another 600yards from initial target

maybe mesmers (if they get blast finisher) to spawn a clone next to every1 that explodes for some damage

or fields that have the option of this happening ofcourse.

and dont guardians or engineers also have that lightning field? with an elixir toolbelt skill for engi and guardian utility idk guardians that well tho

(edited by tehsmooth.7493)

combo fields ideas

in PvP

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

i love the combo fields idea, but certain combos need a serious buff before adding new ones. for example, blind, retaliation, chaos armor, stealth, confusion finishers are all good. burning, regen, poison, and leeching contribute absolutely nothing to a fight.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

combo fields ideas

in PvP

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

Other day, I was thinking about “dual combos”. For instance, fire + water combo = aoe blindness (ashes) or wind + light = clear any condition aoe. And the list goes on and on…

combo fields ideas

in PvP

tehsmooth.7493

Other day, I was thinking about “dual combos”. For instance, fire + water combo = aoe blindness (ashes) or wind + light = clear any condition aoe. And the list goes on and on…

i like this. hope jonathan reads some of this good stuff

combo fields ideas

in PvP

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

my 2 cents.

Great idea. I support this fully, with one small adjustment. Seeing as Ele already has a class unique combo field “lightning” how about giving a unique one to everybody else now.

I think it’d be better to just spread Air around to more profs, not make more combo fields unique to others.

That being said, if this were to happen i’d say it needs to be on the player using the FINISHER -not- the person using the field.

IE, i can set my fire projectile finisher to cause a small explosion on contact with someone, where my thief friend standing right next to me can set their fire projectile finisher to burn people who get hit by the arrow.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna