concerns about burning

concerns about burning

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

From what i heard/read burning will stack. Right now burning already ticks for around 700ish dmg and is already in most cases cause of death, at least for my characters. Let’s say you have 5 stacks of burning, it would be 3500 dmg per tick.

Certanly, some direct dmg do as much if not more dmg but they are not as easily applied as burning (see warrior LB, IP from engis that triggers from any fart engi does, ele….). As example: imagine a thief could place huge aoe circle on point that pulses for backstab dmg.

My concern is, that this is what will happen to burning. I hope i am wrong and the dmg calculation will be changed.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

concerns about burning

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

From what i heard/read burning will stack. Right now burning already ticks for around 700ish dmg and is already in most cases cause of death, at least for my characters. Let’s say you have 5 stacks of burning, it would be 3500 dmg per tick.

Certanly, some direct dmg do as much if not more dmg but they are not as easily applied as burning (see warrior LB, IP from engis that triggers from any fart engi does, ele….). As example: imagine a thief could place huge aoe circle on point that pulses for backstab dmg.

My concern is, that this is what will happen to burning. I hope i am wrong and the dmg calculation will be changed.

Concern eased :)

Burns in the AMA Trait videos showed Burns having a base damage of 131. We’re not sure how this will scale with amulets, nor if certain skills (most likely so) will have multiple stacks of Burns instead of the usual 1.

What’s been hinted in the video: 1:23:45
“If poison and burning were to stack you would think damage would lower on both of them.”
“That would be like a logical.. thing.. to happen… " – Karl’s subtle hint.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

concerns about burning

in PvP

Posted by: Darksteel.8412

Darksteel.8412

tbh…im kinda tired of constant changes in base mechanics…add new things, stop changing base mechanics over and over and over

concerns about burning

in PvP

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

tbh…im kinda tired of constant changes in base mechanics…add new things, stop changing base mechanics over and over and over

Can’t keep up with what to blame and QQ about?

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

concerns about burning

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

“That would be like a logical.. thing.. to happen… " – Karl’s subtle hint.

It’s also logical for tanky builds to do less damage and to balance more often and to not complete destroy builds under the guise of balance and whatever I don’t care.

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

concerns about burning

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

I feel the new burning will have a very big impact on the game .It will shake a lot of 1vs1s and teamfights right now and i think there is nothing they can do ,by balancing the stacks skills apply that would prevent that.
Its one of the things i am really afraid about elementalist as well.
If skills cause aoe burning they ll have to keep the stacks very low to balance for tfs..
If that happens 1v1s across the board for ele will drop massively right as the hit to support comes .. fun times!

concerns about burning

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

4.3k burn 2.5k bleed ticks from hybrid on stream… GG

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

concerns about burning

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Wow. There actually exists one person in the game who thinks ANET makes too many balance related changes.

*claps

concerns about burning

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

a carrion guardian is not a hybrid.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

concerns about burning

in PvP

Posted by: Tom.8029

Tom.8029

Get ready for insane Guardian and Elementalist burn damage!

Primordial Dragons [Drgn]
Fort Aspenwood Elementalist

concerns about burning

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

Burning that ticks for 4k on a short duration caused by a series of abilities that need to be set and succesfully land doesnt fall into the same category as what conditions are now
This isn’t some op dhumfire dot on a passive proc..this is called “burst” as far as i know.
So relax a bit..hes not gonna perma burn you for 4k just as a thief cant backstab every second

Also he pretty much blew everything :P

(edited by Avead.5760)

concerns about burning

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

a carrion guardian is not a hybrid.

Semantics. The point is the damage it’s doing.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash