condi/condi cleanse bunker meta?

in PvP

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Hey people, is this all we have to look forward too in the coming update?

I was thinking about getting back into pvp and the changes have me worried if I’ll be able to survive in the the new meta, whatever it might be.

Devona’s Rest

in PvP

Posted by: Zin.6170

Zin.6170

Condi cleanse + zerk will win.

in PvP

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

the meta is not Defined by Stats , its the combination of Power play and Active defences generaly the better you think you are people shave off other stats and just ramp up the power and that won’t work.

reasons

1. Condi application is Vastly more sustained after HoT , same durations more applications / stacks Condi cleanses will be less effective.

2. since condi cleansing will be less effective due to application and stacks , you’ll need better Hp management not just glass with low hp, it makes you very susceptible to condis between cleanses.

3. With the increased active defence vs Ranged attacks of any kind personal Active defences will be less Required as you can use team mates as roles for defence while you , yourself can spec for Power and Condi using Condi runes and Knights or Rampager amulets , meaning you’d need more condi clears than a team can provide.

4. HoT system provides more soild ground for hybrid builds due to the stat seperation which just means you can run Cele type builds without Using all the stat combinations , you can focus on 3 and gain the others from traits (for example ambidextrous for ranger off hand dagger gives the ranger 150 condi damage when paired with a Rampager amulet or Carrion amulet with Mad king runes boosts condi and power of the off hand attack)

5. the new system will allow Power specs to use Healing lines/condi lines or Trait lines which provide traits for increasing the effectiveness of your party support while not being restricted which will not effect the core damage output since your core damage is still Power or what ever you chose to use as your core damage.

i see the meta evolving and concentrating on providing good source of damage / the stat spec you wish to use then Aid that stat spec with Traits rather than taking traits to improve damage , those traits become your Flexability to provide the group your with support although your still power , its a much less selfish system.

so over all the meta will be the perfect Team compilation which supports each other , so condi cleanse+zerk will no longer be As effective due to these new support roles and ranged defences , you’d need more cooperation to be meta or if your going Solo Hybrid would be your better choice not going full glass with glass traits as that will now hurt your team rather than provide it with Burst damage which would be Healed/redirected through the opposing teams cooperation of support skills.

so not so much Cele but Hybrid 3-4 stats(using traits to boost the fourth) as Playing with Strangers you can’t guarantee that cooperation to survive as a Zerk user.

with the addition of Dragon hunter there will be more Ranged Pressure , as Guardains can really hold their ground it wont be so easy to shake off too.

Hybrids the answer , unless you want specialized roles within the group each providing its own individualism that supports the group and the damage dealers.

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

in PvP

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

I’m necro and I find this offensive

Grimkram [sS]

in PvP

Posted by: Zin.6170

Zin.6170

(?_x) ??

Here…..take some stacks of vuln

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Gold.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

(?_x) ??

Here…..take some stacks of vuln

This hurts me

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

The new changes of condis to boons and boons to condis will result in the re-emergence of Soldier Rune/Pure Of Voice Guardian Bunkers who strip condis and turn condis to boons and Necromancers entirely devoted towards turning boons in to condis. The meta will be more like Guild Wars 1 where counterplay vs all status effects will be much more in-depth and involved.

Raw DPS will still be the reliable DPS. Condi DPS will be risky and very punishing if your team uses it improperly against Guardians & Necromancers. Same will go for using your boons at the wrong times.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in PvP

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

The new changes of condis to boons and boons to condis will result in the re-emergence of Soldier Rune/Pure Of Voice Guardian Bunkers who strip condis and turn condis to boons and Necromancers entirely devoted towards turning boons in to condis. The meta will be more like Guild Wars 1 where counterplay vs all status effects will be much more in-depth and involved.

Raw DPS will still be the reliable DPS. Condi DPS will be risky and very punishing if your team uses it improperly against Guardians & Necromancers. Same will go for using your boons at the wrong times.

There won’t be any corruption necros. I assure of this.

For guards, shouts might be the only reasonable thing to play given the changes.

Running around the various profession forums have sort of given me an idea of how bad condis will get after this update….

Devona’s Rest