constructively OUTSOURCE devs 2 fix META

in PvP

Posted by: Krayiss.4926

Krayiss.4926

My prior post was infracted and Donna “Danicia” Prior said rewording it would be acceptable.
“This is in no way meant to be rude, the devs are doing their best and their is no rudeness directed at any dev. Its trying to help.”

I think outsourcing devs from other games is NEEDED to get new ideas for GuildWars2.

For along time we haven’t had many fixes to PvP and the game in general aside from temporary fixes. The community has alot of great ideas for 4v5 and Qtimes, ect but its not being taken and used.
So maybe if they hire some developers from another game for a short time they can get some fresh fixes and jump start their creativity and motive. Other games have done it.

Discuss pro/cons on how this could help the game right now. Its in DIRE NEED of it.
How could this help Spvp?

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Posted by: Silferas.3841

Silferas.3841

1) The game needs to get more interesting. As naughty as the twitch gameplay during backstab thief era was, it was fun to play and interesting to watch. There were tankeles that trolled the far point, there were backstab thieves that could counter that, there was diversity. People complained about everything being OP but it was interesting to play back then, there was much more strategy to taking down a great ele, much more depth into playing against a great guard (except for the block bug, that had to go…). Simply said the game was more enticing. Well, it’s not now. Too many dodges, too many cheese cutter builds, too much aoe, no coordination or mechanic play (also, I don’t want to go into “why dodging that has not changed from before is so OP all of a sudden”, but let me give you a hint: there is no clear “big shot” to dodge atm so it’s just spammed randomly?).
2) Give people what they want. Deathmatch? OK. Pillow club-bashing with laser needles on a double horned pink unicorn? Sure. Just make the people want to play the game.
3) When the game gets more interesting, ANet needs to advertise that positive change. Send mails to inactive players about the new stuff, like “pvp revival time, come check it out and give us one more chance, please?”. Also, some campaign needs to be launched with a big tournament that goes over half a year consisting of smaller tournaments that actually leads to a considerable prize pool. Also, new people need to flow into pvp from outside the already existing pool (free access to the mists for a month, like the PVE trial week/yes it’s pve, none of the dudes that went for a trial week does pvp).
4) When we actually get some people playin’, we need to keep the community alive. Streamers do that (shoutcasting failed because of one simple thing: shoutcasters don’t truly create content, they just commentate on it and therefore are often left with nothing to do, also it’s much more comfortable to watch the match from a player perspective than to watch it from shoutcaster’s one, because the current spectator system is severely lacking with no split view/replay option and the lack of free camera). So support the streamers.
5) QoL: Templates, Videos, Tutorials, Progression, Rewards and all that stuff.
6) No need for dev outsourcing, just hire me
7) Never gonna happen :<

[Path] of the Immortals – a guild for veterans – Join us
[S]illy [L]ittle [U]gly [T]rolls – our little dungeon forum community
“My mind has left, my body follows”

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

I would hire you lol, Oh we come as a package. And Ill work for FREE. You can use my mind anytime Anet

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Sometimes a fresh pair of eyes can make all the difference. It allows people to see what perhaps you couldn’t because you were not able to see the trees through the woods from workplace burnout.

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

I love how you just pretty much make the same posts you did before but with “constructive” at the start of them. A master juke, if I say so myself.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

The problem with this is that the criticism you state here basically points to the fact that they don’t know what to do with the game. I think that’s not the case at all. They clearly know what to do and we’ve been giving them perfect examples of what to do for months, it just doesn’t get done.

Outsourcing DEVs will never happen for the same reason that changes haven’t already been made, because they don’t want to dump resources into a mode that delivers them no resources in return.

I mean look at the leaderboard fix and the 4v5 fix. How much easier can 2 fixes be? Leaderboard – fix decay, raise games required to 50 or 100
4v5 – Put in a “i am ready button” before the start of the match to ensure nobody has died of old-age since queueing.

I mean, if they can’t fix those simple things, I assure you, it has nothing to do with their “eyes” it has everything to do with their wallets and care for SPVP.

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

@felivear
True its not really getting done. Thats why adding more temp devs would increase their work productivity.
Outsourcing may never happen but alot of other games, small and large have done this!
Ya it could be the $ suits $ restricting us from PvP getting anything done or hearing about their ideas.

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

The good old developers from GW1 moved to other companies. Mabye they can beg them to come back and fix the remains or what they made out of GW2.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

they should just sell the game off to someone else honestly.
Anet doesn’t seem interested in throwing more money at the game and so hiring more devs doesn’t really seem like something they care to do…

But.
Selling the game, right now they are getting kitten return from GW2 since the initial hype is over and everyone realized it sucks. Selling the game, they can cash out and put it into hands that can use the solid foundation the game is built on.

in PvP

Posted by: Spelling B Champ.3264

Spelling B Champ.3264

1) The game needs to get more interesting. As naughty as the twitch gameplay during backstab thief era was, it was fun to play and interesting to watch. There were tankeles that trolled the far point, there were backstab thieves that could counter that, there was diversity. People complained about everything being OP but it was interesting to play back then, there was much more strategy to taking down a great ele, much more depth into playing against a great guard (except for the block bug, that had to go…). Simply said the game was more enticing. Well, it’s not now. Too many dodges, too many cheese cutter builds, too much aoe, no coordination or mechanic play (also, I don’t want to go into “why dodging that has not changed from before is so OP all of a sudden”, but let me give you a hint: there is no clear “big shot” to dodge atm so it’s just spammed randomly?).

Silferas entire post was quality but this one in particular. The balance has gone downhill big time after the first couple months

in PvP

Posted by: FirstBlood.7359

FirstBlood.7359

I mean look at the leaderboard fix and the 4v5 fix. How much easier can 2 fixes be? Leaderboard – fix decay, raise games required to 50 or 100
4v5 – Put in a “i am ready button” before the start of the match to ensure nobody has died of old-age since queueing.

The leaderboard should reflect skill not effort. Playing for some days or even weeks does not turn someone from TP into the typical hotjoin hero. That’s why a strong leaderboard decay is wrong. Further, matchmaking systems don’t need 100 games to evaluate players. Typically, 20 up to 30 are enough.

We need an “I am ready” button, but let’s not be illusional: it won’t fix the whole 4vs5 problematic, only a single aspect of it. Players will still go afk once things turn our bad.

The main problem: while the devs have shown dedication for the sPvP part, they certainly lack resources. If I were CEO I would redirect the resources to PvE, because that’s where the money is. I cannot imagine sPvP to be ever profitable.

Tz tz

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

The problem is the approach that the balance team has. They basically do this:

1. Oh no, this skill is under/overpower. Let’s buff nerf it like crazy.
2. Oh no, we messed up the meta
3. Let’s not just revert what we did before, let’s change a whole series of other skills
4. Oh no, we messed up the meta

Repeat at #1.

Reduce effectiveness of warrior. Too much CC. Heal signet needs a big change. It should be much more closely tied to heal power. If a warrior is in clerics, it should heal for more than today. If they are using some other gear, it should be much less.

Reduce condi spam

Those are the two points they should be focusing on.

(edited by style.6173)

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

That’s cus they are focusing on balance, as if balance and balance alone can fix terribly made skills.

If they think engaging gameplay is all caused by balance, they should go flip coins for hours on end, and kittening get over it.

Work towards engaging gameplay, if you’re not sure what that is, don’t be devs.

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Wow.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

Silferas entire post was quality but this one in particular. The balance has gone downhill big time after the first couple months

Ya I liked this one 2

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26