courtyard is unbalanced

courtyard is unbalanced

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Skyhamer lasted 5min before getting stupid, this is just….

Its total 500-0 zergbomb, keep that trash in wvw please.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

courtyard is unbalanced

in PvP

Posted by: Forsaken.4215

Forsaken.4215

Learn to play guild wars 2, learn how to use team work and quit the crying

kenjutsu

courtyard is unbalanced

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Well, this map is kind of a joke. The professions are balanced around contest, but that’s not the worst part. It’s a 2v2 arena where 10 people play at the same time. It’s fun, sure, and maybe with more experience it will get better, but for me it was just putting a maximum of AoE in the middle and smile at the huge numbers popping

courtyard is unbalanced

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

You can pm and donate me gold anytime, but lets keep the conversation on forums about game facts.

The map encourages only a zergball playstyle , which leads to only full wipes on one side. I dont think such a map , especialy now that even score matters , should be in the COMPETITIVE rotation.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

courtyard is unbalanced

in PvP

Posted by: Damsel Delilah.9084

Damsel Delilah.9084

It isn’t in the competitive rotation, when a season starts all of the non standard maps get taken out of ranked. end of problem before it even began lol.

Demise – Elementalist/Warrior
We Have No Creativity [FML]- r.i.p. 2013
http://www.twitch.tv/attuneddemise

courtyard is unbalanced

in PvP

Posted by: Calypso.2578

Calypso.2578

The map encourages only a zergball playstyle , which leads to only full wipes on one side. I dont think such a map , especialy now that even score matters , should be in the COMPETITIVE rotation.

Give it time. I think it’s a map people are not used to yet, so it may be kind of crappy on Day 1. Combine that with the matchmaking people are also complaining about, and, well. I can see how it could possibly be a headache. XD

I’m curious to see how people will play this map in a few weeks.

Kaalypzo ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

courtyard is unbalanced

in PvP

Posted by: glock.6590

glock.6590

This map is trash, people just zerg like crazy and many builds with high skillcap are useless on this map. Because the only thing u need to do is AoE spam the rest is useless.

DELETE THIS TRASH PLEASE

6’4’’ Master Race. I am Above You.

courtyard is unbalanced

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Absolutely the worst map I’ve ever played, Good thing it’s only available in hotjoin.
Is what I thought about 6 months ago when the map was first introduced.

Now I think, WOW this really caters to Zero Skill Zero Intelligence players who frankly, don’t have the time to learn a complex game mode with more depth then;
BALLUP

DOUBLEDODGE

BLASTITOUT

Oh wait that’s that other game mode right? NOPE. Not anymore.
Why is this in Ranked/Unranked que?

Even skyhammer you have to think at least a bit, Even if you’re Wombo Combo Engineer458585, you still have to understand that you need to rotate sometimes, maybe smash(+1) fights you’re unlikely to win, or leave points you can’t take.

The responses I’ve heard to courtyard hate are “well you probably didn’t spec for it, or you lost”

I’m spec’d for murder, and I’ve only lost once out of the few times I’ve been unlucky enough to play it.

Nope that’s not why I have a problem with courtyard,
This game mode boils down to Kill one guy, and cause a snowballing effect.
No thinking required. You just need to win the first fight, and the game is basically over.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

courtyard is unbalanced

in PvP

Posted by: landi.2681

landi.2681

Skyhamer lasted 5min before getting stupid, this is just….

Its total 500-0 zergbomb, keep that trash in wvw please.

I had one match on this map and the same thing happened, 500-0. It ended with spawn camping their base.

courtyard is unbalanced

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

500-0 is only happening because of unsettled match making system.

if anything that ends up being 500-0 in tdm, it would be like 500-200 on conquest max.

courtyard is unbalanced

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

I don’t think this map makes sense to be in the ranked conquest rotation because it’s death match. You play completely differently and if your comp isn’t compatible with WvW style play even though it’s a conquest comp you’re at a severe disadvantage.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

courtyard is unbalanced

in PvP

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Dunno, played it tonight with 5 thieves and despite finding a lot of AoE spam we always roflstomped them because we could oneshot them by coordinating our burst and then range with sb.

I do agree though that it’s really hard for a team to change the outcome of the match once the match is in progress. It’s either complete steamroll or utter defeat.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

courtyard is unbalanced

in PvP

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

It was stupidly fun for me… for like 3 minutes. Then our team was just steamrolling the other until it was finished.

Maybe it could be a true deathmatch, arena style. Once you’re dead, you’re dead. Play best of 3.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

courtyard is unbalanced

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Great fun. A new game mode! Well done. I love it

courtyard is unbalanced

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Well what do you expect when you have a 5v5 with low risk builds being the pinnacle of the viable meta.

GW2 has always suffered form having poor balance of ‘effort in vs power out’, we just masked it with conquest as a justification for sustain, strong cleave including condi cleave, and hard CC. If we didn’t promote low skill play being heavily backed by power creep we’d prob find 5v5 TDM more even and fun.

However this map’s design is perfect for proper skirmishes. Courtyard should have it’s own queue designed for 2v2s and 3v3s.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

courtyard is unbalanced

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

This map is trash, people just zerg like crazy and many builds with high skillcap are useless on this map. Because the only thing u need to do is AoE spam the rest is useless.

DELETE THIS TRASH PLEASE

yeah like celestial d\d….high…skillcap…lel

Ark 2nd Account

courtyard is unbalanced

in PvP

Forsaken.4215

You can pm and donate me gold anytime, but lets keep the conversation on forums about game facts.

You want to be number 1 ranked gw2 player lol? Learn to co op with your team and utilise skills in every game format. Zerging is apart of gw2, it is unique and it is a completely different game play, all together i enjoy both pvp and wvw but zerging has its own tactics to survive and deal damage. Sure one will say aoe everything but how good are you at actually landing every hit and dodging when you need to? How about using a different tactic and expanding your brain kid

kenjutsu

courtyard is unbalanced

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Maybe it’s poor matchmaking, but every match I’ve had on courtyard has been secure a kill or 2, then farm the team that started poorly by zerging them down. It’s fun for the winning team, and awful for the losing team. Really no way to come back easily after you’re getting spawncamped.

courtyard is unbalanced

in PvP

Posted by: kylwilson.9137

kylwilson.9137

This just in; Players of Guild Wars 2 discover they aren’t as good at the game as they thought they were.

More news at 6.

\o/

courtyard is unbalanced

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

The match may always be 1 sided for the team that gets zerged down first. At 15s respawns per person, people don’t know how to wait for their partner, instead go out to get zerged down again. That’s usually how team rotations start to get messed up…

Pug matches will always zerg and pew pew first. No one uses line-of-site and play defensively. Best zerg wins due to messing up the other teams rotation. I hope this map stays in so i can see how tournament matches fair on it.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

courtyard is unbalanced

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

I like the map, I have had matches were my team has been 200 points behind and made come backs. I do think it needs some extra parameters to make it more interesting.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

courtyard is unbalanced

in PvP

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

The map can be balanced but it’s balanced differently to normal PvP. My team went double engie, bunker guard, ele, necro and we absolutely 500-0’d every team we fought so far because we group up and smash em all. It prioritises team fights over holding a point so…it kinda is a zergfest.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

courtyard is unbalanced

in PvP

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

I bet this map is great with a couple of turret engis.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

courtyard is unbalanced

in PvP

Posted by: Domino.1359

Domino.1359

Glad it isn’t just me.

At first, I thought it was premades just steamrolling. But last night, I was on a PUG that completely decimated the other side with 500-10. It got so bad I would hang on the far sides waiting for the opposing team member to find me instead of camping spawn.

It’s either a complete steamroll or complete defeat.

courtyard is unbalanced

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

I love the map And I love team vs team aswel, gives something else for a change!

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

courtyard is unbalanced

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

WVWVW heros coming in here talking about “L2P gw2!”

Seriously? We’re the ones steam rolling you 500 to 0.
We’re just bored and understand how awful this map is.

I’m personally raging at the abomination that is Elimination which doesn’t end.
Who thought this was a good idea? You already had elimination TDM in gw1, 3 rounds.

EVEN if you add elimination 3 rounds on courtyard instead of the conquest 500 point system, This game doesn’t work with no objectives.. it’s just a no strategy almost no skill required snoozefest.

There need to be catch up mechanics.

There need to be objectives.

There needs to be strategy and skill involved.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

courtyard is unbalanced

in PvP

Forsaken.4215

WVWVW heros coming in here talking about “L2P gw2!”

Seriously? We’re the ones steam rolling you 500 to 0.
We’re just bored and understand how awful this map is.

I’m personally raging at the abomination that is Elimination which doesn’t end.
Who thought this was a good idea? You already had elimination TDM in gw1, 3 rounds.

EVEN if you add elimination 3 rounds on courtyard instead of the conquest 500 point system, This game doesn’t work with no objectives.. it’s just a no strategy almost no skill required snoozefest.

There need to be catch up mechanics.

There need to be objectives.

There needs to be strategy and skill involved.

Im glad i am noticed and thank you for clarifying that whoever you are. You must not know how to wvw at all. I just played 3 rounds of courtyard 2 wins which where catch ups and the other a loss, now i question everyones ability to play the game LOL

kenjutsu

courtyard is unbalanced

in PvP

Posted by: Miyu.8137

Miyu.8137

There is no time for regroup. It’s all about the first push and who dies 1st. Since they force you to spawn in battlefield, the team who dies 1st just respawn one by one getting kitten d by other team waiting at spawn point. Matches ending with ridiculous score 25:500. GG Anet, very competetive.

courtyard is unbalanced

in PvP

Posted by: Kycoo Grim.9463

Kycoo Grim.9463

I agree with Flumek, courtyard was a great idea to put in, but it has turned into a Zerg Death Ball map. Who ever has faster AoE burst wins, and it usually means a 500-0 win. I think that if the map were to be changed to 3v3 max or even 2v2 it would be allot better.

Just a filthy Casual, move along.

courtyard is unbalanced

in PvP

Posted by: kylwilson.9137

kylwilson.9137

I agree with Flumek, courtyard was a great idea to put in, but it has turned into a Zerg Death Ball map. Who ever has faster AoE burst wins, and it usually means a 500-0 win. I think that if the map were to be changed to 3v3 max or even 2v2 it would be allot better.

People’s MMR must honestly suck big time if they’re getting teams playing like this, because I have had none of these experiences whatsoever. Does it make us wonder?

\o/

courtyard is unbalanced

in PvP

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

Last Courtyard match I had was 475-500.

courtyard is unbalanced

in PvP

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

It’s actually really fun. It reminds me of WvW a lot and promotes a lot of different playstyles. Of course you may not do as well with your build designed to keep a point… so have a courtyard build. For example… if people actually swapped to support shout guard and support shout warrior… you have a solid foundation for a 5v5 right there.

The only real downside to it is that people keep respawning and there is no “break” when people die. It makes it hard for a team to recover once they lose one person. That being said, the team I was on last night won a match and we were behind a LOT. So it’s more than possible to turn it around. Also, if a warrior brings a banner, then when your ally downs, your team will actually get STRONGER when they use banner. Perma might+fury. Coming from WvW, I don’t find it zergy at all… you just gotta know how to position yourself in these fights. It’s not bad at all to run off to the side if you have 1-2 people chasing you… I’ve had several fights where 2 people just chased me to the side on my Necro. I ended up dead in the end but the 4v3 going on at the same time ensured we won.

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

(edited by MethaneGas.8357)

courtyard is unbalanced

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

It’s actually really fun. It reminds me of WvW a lot and promotes a lot of different playstyles. Of course you may not do as well with your build designed to keep a point… so have a courtyard build. For example… if people actually swapped to support shout guard and support shout warrior… you have a solid foundation for a 5v5 right there.

The only real downside to it is that people keep respawning and there is no “break” when people die. It makes it hard for a team to recover once they lose one person. That being said, the team I was on last night won a match and we were behind a LOT. So it’s more than possible to turn it around. Also, if a warrior brings a banner, then when your ally downs, your team will actually get STRONGER when they use banner. Perma might+fury. Coming from WvW, I don’t find it zergy at all… you just gotta know how to position yourself in these fights. It’s not bad at all to run off to the side if you have 1-2 people chasing you… I’ve had several fights where 2 people just chased me to the side on my Necro. I ended up dead but the other 4v3 going on at the same time ensured we won.

This sounds really awesome. I haven’t had that experience yet myself, though.

courtyard is unbalanced

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

like many others have already mentioned before, the courtyard should be annihilation mode where the dead do not respawn.

the objective is to wipe the team once.

2 minutes per round
win 3 rounds out of 5

after 2 minutes, the team with more members alive wins the round.
if both teams have same number of live members, it turns into sudden death.
the first team to score a stomp / bleed out wins the round.

in short, the first team to wipe the other 3 times wins.

not this mess we have now.

courtyard is unbalanced

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Courtyard disgusts me. It’s a zero skill mini WvW.

Mesmerising Girl

courtyard is unbalanced

in PvP

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

Courtyard is fine. Leave it in.

courtyard is unbalanced

in PvP

Posted by: Windfury.3598

Windfury.3598

Agreed I jumped in there once yesterday and logged off soon after. My match wasn’t a total steamroll (275 to 500) we were a squishy group vs a 2 guardian + necro + elem and thief group. We were actually going even till 275 and then it got really messy lol.

I mean what a mess of a map. This map is too small for 10 people stepping on each other’s face, throwing SFX all over the place and blurring the screen, you can’t see what’s going on most of the time because of cluster fighting and the size of the map.

Guardians just stand in the center of the mess and play “I’m tanky come and kill me if you can…”, killed one more than once but the feeling was not rewarding, rather, I thought in my mind at the end of it : “What a horrible map.”

This map is designed for 3v3, 2v2 etc.. not 5v5 like many “spvpers” have said here.
Although I do think it might be a better experience if the number of people were to be cut down.

And correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t a death match based on eliminations? So what are we doing respawning and running back to the fight if we’re killed?

Yea this whole set up is wrong and needs some tweaking.